• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Spirit Slayer (Interest Check)

Should Humans & Spirits live in harmony?

• Yes

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Maybe??

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters

Gohan510

Zero Mortal Plan!
JHup5GBrzq3vjmV8uaWBzyuvd_IQFYGZbiA13qPawZFtN0B7TUpvySDIknL__6WGJ4ACQt09TSHcNhuPYrl0drfG67-I-fCBwlD9dS6XR0TyhGULCnge3FS6aGXQW9Xf_uCHVw5IFkqZVocOEA

Earth, a known planet throughout the course of history to home humans. Except this one filled with special beings and powers beyond belief. Powers blessed among many as a gift. A gift from god to man that was tainted with darkness over time. On this earth not only are there humans who run amok but there are also a species called spirits. Before man, it is said long ago earth was inhabited with spirits. Humans came along way after the fact. Five great nations formed in due time and an organization to fend off against spirits. Humans come in all sorts of shapes and sizes but one thing is for sure they are born with a heart and soul. Being able to cherish their emotions to fuel their innate abilities. Humans were born with no special abilities, somewhere down the line were gifted magic. Able to control at first the five elements Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, & Lightning. Generations of wizards had started to create subcategories of magics based on the elements. Unlike humans spirits always had the upper hand when it came to battles. They had special abilities unique to each of them. Spirits truly come in all forms and sizes, some cuter than most, and some stronger than others. Spirits were once peaceful beings even once protecting one another. Throughout the course of history, they progressively got more and more aggressive. Stripped from their homes now spirits fight for their homes back.

The relationship with humans and spirits have never been good. Wars have been waged between the two races. For land and dictatorship both sides lost countless of allies. For all intents and purposes both sides cost the other significant pain to create this cycle of hatred between the two. Because of this humans took it upon themselves to teach another the arts of killing spirits. In order for one to successfully kill a Spirit they must completely subdue (defeat in combat) the spirit and then use a forbidden seal spell or use spirit killing weapons. In order to keep hostile spirits from salvaging human civilizations the “Spirit Hunting Corp.” was founded. Just because humans have a common goal to fight against spirits, they’re still humans. Although some do good, many live to etch the planet further into darkness. Conflicts among themselves are very common. 3 great wars have been waged throughout the course of history. Each of them takes a vital toll on the planet and the people within it. Legends whose names are etched throughout time.

There are ranks that are given to a Wizard/Spirit Slayers. People use these rankings to generalize how powerful an individual is. There have been moments throughout history where rank has been proven meaningless on the battlefield. From lowest to highest ranking their labels are; Mage, Warlock, Grand Sorcerers/Grand Sorceress, Archmage, & Lord/Lady of Magic.

Lore
CS

Last edited:
Nice! Go ahead and skim around the lore and cs links! It’s a lot to read so i suggest you read the Magic, Spirit Hunting Corp and Location tab so you get the base gist of the story!
Yesss I'll give them a read

Ooh, I’d be interested! I’m thinking of a character who was attacked and nearly killed by a spirit who felt threatened by them, but gained their magic powers after a high ranking mage bound the spirit inside of them. Maybe the mage messed something up and didn’t completely kill the spirit so basically the human is just a host for the spirit as well? They’d start out, or at least pretend to be on the side of the humans, but eventually the spirit’s whisperings would make them think that maybe the spirits are the good guys. Does that sound like a feasible character to you? Also what setting is this?

Ooh, I’d be interested! I’m thinking of a character who was attacked and nearly killed by a spirit who felt threatened by them, but gained their magic powers after a high ranking mage bound the spirit inside of them. Maybe the mage messed something up and didn’t completely kill the spirit so basically the human is just a host for the spirit as well? They’d start out, or at least pretend to be on the side of the humans, but eventually the spirit’s whisperings would make them think that maybe the spirits are the good guys. Does that sound like a feasible character to you? Also what setting is this?
Im all for this check out the lore link and go to the spirits tab, those are called Onens and you have a Yokai sealed in u by force. Give it a look I’ll be looking forward to what you come up with!

Yessir hop in and take a look around my friend!
Thinking of making a veteran of sorts. The one who has seen some things but not everything. Jaded but not hopeless. Tired of it all and yet would still keep on going while the body and spirit can allow for it. Old yet young enough that retirement ain't calling yet. Like that grumpy yet caring teacher that actually teaches people how to survive and be effective in their chosen fields though he would come off as a tad prickly especially to those that don't actually know him that well.

Man, suddenly struck with an idea hahaha!

Thinking of making a veteran of sorts. The one who has seen some things but not everything. Jaded but not hopeless. Tired of it all and yet would still keep on going while the body and spirit can allow for it. Old yet young enough that retirement ain't calling yet. Like that grumpy yet caring teacher that actually teaches people how to survive and be effective in their chosen fields though he would come off as a tad prickly especially to those that don't actually know him that well.

Man, suddenly struck with an idea hahaha!
I like it his Rank will be Grand Sorcerer then if thats what your planning on going with that! When we get more players you can even run your own team!

Once you read up more on the lore you’ll get a gist of the story and pm me if you need any help with your character sheet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back