• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spin You Around

Michael sighed and kept her close kissing her cheek and rubbed her back. “Well... were getting married next year.... and I couldn’t be more excited for it. I love you.” He murmured cuddling her close stsrtingto fall asleep.

Carmen sighed quietly and buried her face into his shoulder falling asleep with him in her arms and the dogs on the other side of him.

Max smiled softly and nodded "Yeah we are,Im very excited too." She whispered kissing him gently before she fell asleep as well. She woke up in the morning and yawned seeing Michael walk out of the shower with a towel around his waist "Morning handsome. You couldnt wait for me?" She teased

Tom woke up in the morning completely drained. He took a deep breath and went to get a shower hoping the hot water would relax his body and help wake him up.

He grinned stepping over to her and pulled her in close kissing her head. “I have a couple clients to speak to.” He told her quietly. “I love you.” He murmured going to get dressed.

Jon got into the station and got set up talking to the rest of the people on the team for the homicide. He’d expected that tom wouldn’t be in but twenty minutes into the morning they got a call for all units to head out to coordinates as there was a suspect who was armed and they all ran to their cars taking off to the place. Once reached they saw the guy backed into a corner and Jon tried to get him calmed down to give it up but as he thought he had it one of the less experienced cops let off a shot which sent the guy into a panic and he fired his gun twice hitting Jon Both times.

Carmen groaned trying to enjoy her lie in but heard a muffled voice on the police radio tom always kept near thenheardhim leave really fast before she fell asleep again.

Max laughed softly and kissed him lovingly "Mmm go get em tiger." She said giggling while he went off. She got up and turned on the TV frowning as the news reported about 2 murders and then breaking news hit about Jon being shot. She went wide eyed and quickly dialed Carmen not knowing who else to call

Tom grumbled softly as he came out of the shower and got dressed. Though when he heard his radio give off officer down he quickly grabbed his things and rushed out to the scene going wide eyed when he saw it was Jon "What happened?!"

“Sir Matthews panicked and fired off a swarming shot and the suspect fired two shots at Jon Sir.” One of the guys told him as they were loading him into an ambulance and taking off quickly with him the officer who had been helping Jon stood there shaking and covered in blood. Well
And truly soaked. Things like this didn’t happen in their town and they were all shaken except tom as he used to work as a city cop.

Carmen groaned a bit answering her phone hearing what had happened and got up throwing clothes on and left the house telling max where they would have taken him so she could get to Jon and Carmen took off to the scene to check on tom.

Tom shook his head glaring at Matthew's ready to burst but once he saq how shaken up he was he quickly helped him up "Come on kid its alright." He murmured "Can we get a towel over here?!" He yelled thanking a local as they brought a change of clothes for the officer

Max rushed to where Carmen told her to go and gulped softly seeing his family there waiting. She took in a deep breath and went over "Mrs. Bernthal?" She asked softly hoping they didnt hold a grudge against her either.

Carmen arrived at the scene and went under the tape all the cops knew who she was heading over to tom and heldhim tightly for a minute. “Are you Okay?” She asked him worriedly then took adams arm and gently guided him with the spare clothes to the police van to get changed so that tom could get on with the job.

She looked up to see max there and jumped up hugging her tightly. “Oh sweetheart you’re really home!” She said almost excitedly but the fear that she would lose her oldest son was holding her back some. “They don’t think he’s going to make it.” She told her swallowing back tears. “He will want to see you though.” She told her quietly. “They took him to surgery already”

Max hugged her tightly feeling all the love she had fall in "Im home." She whispered letting a tear fall "He'll pull through, he is so strong." She assured her before she sat down next to her rubbing her back to try and comfort her while he husband made his way there from work

Tom got everything somewhat settled before he went to Carmen "Its going to be a late one...I'm sorry but we are thinking this is our guy. I want you home though alright? See Jon if you must but please go home."

She looked up at him and nodded kissing him quickly. “You stay safe for me Okay?” She murmured before heading straight over to jons place to collect his dogs to take home with her so she could keep an eye on them all.

It was a couple hours until they came to collect the family letting them know he had scraped through but they weren’t expecting him to make it through the night.

Tom nodded and gave her one last kiss "I will babe." He murmured before he took off with the guys to hunt for the man since he ran off after the shots were fired and everyone was checking on Jon

Max bit her lip as they all got up to go see him. She stepped back and stayed outside of the room so they could have their privacy. She glanced in and let out a heavy sigh wondering if she should even be there right now

His mom stepped out after awhile and looked at her. “He’s asking to see you.” She told her then left with everyone.
Jon lay there struggling a lot but just bout staying awake.

Carmen frowned heading home and went straight to get the dogs in the lounge with her.

Max bit her lip hard and went inside sitting in the chair next to his bed "Hey there..." she said quietly

Charlie left quickly when he was released again quickly going to Carmen's banging on the door hoping she was safe "Carmen?! Carmen!" He yelled

Jon looked over at her and smiled a little managing to swallow. “Hey... I can’t.. talk much.... but I wanted... I wanted... to hear.. all about ... what you’ve ... been ... been up to.” He told her. “And What... what you.... remember about... us.” He grunted shutting his eyes tight against the pain despite being drugged up withpainkillers and still struggling to breathe steady.

Carmen opened the door seeing they had let him out and smiled hugging him tightly. “Oh Charlie you’re okay. What are you doing here?” She asked him

Max listened to him and nodded softly "Shh no more talking." She whispered pressing a finger to his lips gently. She took in a deep breath as she watched him "I've been good. Graduated from my dream school, been dancing since. Performed for a company in New York and got to be on some of the biggest stages." She explained pulling her phone out and showing him some pictures from her shows "I got engaged last year...right before my dad died....when I came back for the funeral I realized how much I was starting to hate the city so we moved back and I'm going to open up a studio." She said giving a small smile before she looked at him directly in the eyes "I...I remember everything about us Jon, every little happy moment and the bads as well. I never forgot you."

Charlie held her tight and protectively burying his face in her hair "I was making sure you were okay. I heard about Jon." He murmured pulling back a bit and cupping her face

She frowned but nodded. “I’m okay. You need to get Home Charlie. Get home and safe.” She told him placing a hand over his. She still loved and missed him dearly but she couldn’t live like that. She pulled away and frowned some. “Text me when you’re home so I know you’re safe.” She told him

Jon just listened to her frowning some at the last part. “Is he... good to you?” He asked her coughing badly and turned to his side some to try and make it easier to breathe.

Charlie frowned some as he stayed close to her still "Carmen please...why do you stay? Come back I promise I'm working things out." He whispered leaning in closer to her. He missed her more than anything and wanted her back.

Max nodded softly helping him get turned over like he wanted "Yes, he is very good to me." She said quietky before she took his hand in hers "You get better okay? I know you can and I dont want to be attending another funeral anytime soon." She whispered

He just frowned and watched her until he passed out his hand going limp in hers but everything staying steady.

Carmen frowned pushing him off. “Because I love him and he’s my fiancé. “I gave you more chances than you deserved Charlie and you blew each one. I’m getting married in three months. I need you to stop thinking you’re gonna somehow magically win me back.” She muttered trying to get him out the house.

Max sighed heavily letting a few tears fall as she watched him worried sick that he might not make it. She looked at his mother as she came in wiping her eyes quickly "I um...I have to go." She whispered

Charlie frowned as she pushed him away making his heart break when he saw how serious she was "Fine....I hope you have a good life then." He muttered before storming off. This just fueled his fire more to show her that he was telling the truth about getting his shit together

Carmen sighed heavily and shut the door behind him going to lay down with the dogs again.

She nodded understandingly. “Please don’t be a stranger. We’ve all missed you.” She told her hugging her tightly then let her leave.

Max hugged her back and let a few tears fall wiping her eyes as she walked out and left to go home just wanting to try and collect herself

Tom came home at lunch looking like he had been hit by a freight train with everything he had to deal with this morning. He did his best to give Carmen an exhausted smile "Hey beautiful." He whispered hugging her gently as she came over to him.

She frowned and held onto him tightly “talk to me. What’s going on?” She asked him quietly goimg to get him some tea to sit down with.

Michael got home in a rush going on and over to max quickly. “Oh thank Good you’re safe.” He muttered hugging her tightly and kissed her head. “The radio said there’s a guy with a gun nearby.” He mumbled.

Tom held her tight shakimg his head softly "I have no clue who this guy is, no one does....we cant pin him to the murders...Carmen Im scared this will only get worse and worse." He admits starting to shake a bit. He knew murderers and he understood murders happen, but never handled kid ones well at all.

Max held onto him and buried her face in his chest crying softly "Im fine...they got the guy...but he..he shot Jon." She whispered looking up at him "Theyre not sure he'll make it through the night."

She frowned and just hugged him tightly. “He can still go to prison for shooting a cop. Did you wanna go see Jon?” She asked him

He frowned and just held her tighter “oh sweetheart. It’s alright. I’m sure he’ll be okay.” He murmured trying to soothe her.

Tom held her close nodding "That doesnt help anything though Carmen...the killer is still out there." He murmured pulling back a bit and rubbing his face "Yeah....yeah lets just see him."

Max nodded softly and looked up at him "Are you okay? Did you get in trouble at work?" She asked softly not wanting him to be on bad terms his first few days there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back