• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spin You Around

Max smiled happily "I got no problem eating here." She said softly as she made her way to the table zitting down with his parents her mind going over what it is she wanted to say to Jon.

Charlie gave a heavy sigh and nodded a bit "I got so worried about you....thats why I went...thought I could use a stress reliever." He admitted taking in a deep breath feeling ashamed of himself

She nodded and just gave his hand a squeeze. “But You didn’t drink and I’m so proud of that.” She murmured wanting him to focus on the positives, chatting with him until he had to go back to work and and she took another nap.

Michael smiled and pecked her cheek. “I love you.” He murmured. “We can go to whatever restaurants you want on the honeymoon.” He winked at her.

Max looked at him giving a faint smile and nodding before she looked over the menu trying to get her mind as far away from Jon at the moment as she could

Charlie took off back to work thanking Marie for letting him take a little longer than usual so he could be with Carmen.

Jon called her at the end of his shift and went to pick up Lana from his parents place, “Hey there kitty, what did you need?” He asked her. “I gotta take Lana home but you can come over and have a couple drinks there. She’ll go straight to bed.” He told her.

Max nodded smiling a bit at the old nickname "Yeah I'll be there soon." She whispered before hanging up the phone. She looked at Michael who looked beyond tired giving a soft smile "Im gonna go check on Carmen again for the night okay?" She murmured softly

Charlie sat with Carmen as she read her book and he watched the little hospital quietly. He liked this peaceful silence between the two of them, he hadn't been this relaxed and happy in a long time.

She snuggled into his side some more and rest her head on his shoulder. “What did you say to get them to agree to you staying the night?” She asked him quietly.

He just nodded and kissed her gently then headed straight to bed and lay down absolutely wiped out and still not back to 100% since the accident.

Max arrived not too long afterwards and knocked on the door trying to keep her jitters down as she anticipated what she would say to him

Charlie smiled happily at her "Told them either let me stay in here or the hallway outside." He said with a small chuckle

Jon pulled up in the drive just after her and chuckled turning his siren on for a moment to scare her then got out and sent Lana straight inside. “Sorry couldn’t resist. Let me get this one upstairs but make yourself comfortable.” He smiled at her going inside and taking Lana up making sure she got ready for bed and got her tucked in then went down to max.

Carmen smiled tiredly and rolled her eyes. “You don’t need to stay. I’m okay. They’re only keeping me here for observation.” She pointed out.

Max jumped and screeched when he set off the siren. She turned and glared at him for a moment but as soon as she caught his smile she couldnt help but smile back at him. Her smile however grew even bigger when Lana ran out of the car and straight up to her giving a big hug which she immediately returned "Hey sweetie you have a good day?" She asked as they walked inside. She let her go and took a seat at the island in the kitchen glancing around as she took in his house for the first time. It was a nice place for sure perfect for him and Lana. As he came back she gave a soft smile watching him grab two beers for them "How was your day?" She asked thinking a simple question would help break the ice.

Charlie nodded some kissing her cheek gently "I know but I wanted to be here with you, I didn't want you spending the night here alone." He told her truthfully knowing Tom had barely been there when she was in the first time and he didnt want her to go through that again.

She smiled tiredly and rest her head on his shoulder. “I love you.” She murmured. “I should probably get some sleep. You too. You got work tomorrow.” She reminded him and snuggled into him some more.

Jon shrugged a bit. “Not the best but not the worst.” He smiled at her and cracked his beer open. “How you doing?” He asked her.

Max gave a small smile and took a sip of her beer "I'm um....I'm okay I guess.." she said softly before she stared straight ahead of her taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly "Actually....I'm feeling like complete shit."

Charlie smiled some and nodded turning off the TV "Yeah that would be a good idea huh?" He murmured

“Why did you turn that off?” She mumbled frowning some. “I love that show.” She pouted at him.

He frowned some and sat up more. “Talk to me. What’s going on?” He asked her worriedly hoping she was okay

Charlie chuckled some and turned the TV back on for her "I thought you wanted to go to sleep." he said before kissing her cheek gently

Max shook her head some and sipped her beer "I'm supposed to be getting married in a few days...and yet I keep having this feeling that this is wrong. I keep getting this feeling that maybe this isn't right or that its not the right person. Maybe I'm just nervous about it all." she explained looking over at him "Or maybe its fate giving me a second chance at a different story.." she whispered

She smiled up at him “I didn’t say right this second... plus it’s easier falling asleep with background noise.” She smiled tiredly at him and cuddled into him.

Jon tensed a little bit. “Max.... what are you getting at here?” He asked her wanting her to get straight to the point with this one.

Charlie chuckled softly and gave a small nod "Alright alright fair enough." He murmured

Max looked at him and took his hand in hers gently "Jon....ever since Lana came here we have become so close...like we used to be." She said softly taking in a deep breath "Sometimes I think what if this should be us, you and me...like we had always planned..." she said truthfully feeling a few tears fall down her cheeks

He frowned some and watched her. “Max... I .... with everything you and Michael have been through together are you ready to say goodbye to that? You really wanna leave him?” He asked her. He was still in love with her absolutely he was but he wanted her to be sure she was making the right decision.

Carmen mumbled something inaudible and quickly fell asleep curled in close to him.

Max looked away and thought about it before she placed her head on the counter and started crying softly. She had never been this confused in her life, even including her past with Jon this took the cake. She looked at him with tear stained cheeks and took in a shaky breath "I don't know Jon....its not the same with him anymore...but I still care for him." She said truthfully.

Charlie smiled softly and soon fell asleep with her.

He frowned and gave her hand a squeeze moving to sit next to her and hugged her tightly. “Sweetie you gotta make the decision yourself.... I can’t make it for you and I think.... I think you and Michael are having a hard time. You almost lost him, it’s scary I know it is.... it’s probably just spooked you.” He suggested quietly, trying to soothe her.

Max hugged him back just as tight taking deep breaths and taking in his scent that brought comfort to her "Maybe...." she whispered looking up at him wiping her eyes some stepping back a bit "I should go....I'm sorry for unloading all of this on you." She whispered

He frowned and watched her concerned. “Hey... it’s alright. I’m always here for that. Always.” He told her quietly, “Give me a call tomorrow let me know if you’re alright. Or text me. Whichever is easiest.” He told her and hugged her tightly then walked her to the door

Max nodded softly and hugged him once more before she went back home to Michael curling up in bed and falling asleep quickly next to him

Jon sighed heavily and headed upstairs checking on Lana then went to bed with the dogs around him, falling asleep after looking over case files a while longer, passing out with them spread around him.

-1 week-
Max sat in the salon chair as Carmen did her hair thankful that she was feeling good today. Max on the other hand was a huge bundle of nerves and felt like she would puke at any minute. After Jon had told her to be with Michael things had some what settled but she still had that feeling of this was wrong in the back of her head that she kept trying to push away. Today however it was predominant in her mind due to the dream she had had right before she woke up.

Charlie stood in the salon with Carmen chatting with the two women as Max got her hair done. He had no issue being in on some of the girly things they had to do before the wedding, he had no where else to be until he needed to get ready which wouldn't take him very long. He would get ready when Carmen did.

Carmen smiled chatting away to the other two girls there, keeping an eye on Charlie. “Come on babe, leave us to it now. I’m fine. You go home, the dogs need some company.” She told him seriously and kissed his cheek sending him off then looked at max. “Talk to me sweetie.” She told her as the other two went for a cigarette. She mostly hadn’t liked how they had been undressing Charlie with their eyes.

Jon got up and did him and Lana some breakfast then got dressed and headed in to check on her. “Alright. You ready to go kiddo?” He asked once he was all ready. Hed gotten himself cleaned up in the hair and beard department a few days ago and he was feeling a lot better about today knowing that no matter what he would still have max in his life even just as a friend.

Charlie chuckled softly and nodded kissing her gently "I'll see you both later." He said saying goodbye to Max as well before he went off.

Max looked at herself in the mirror taking in a deep breath "Jon told me to be with Michael....and I thought that would fix this....but...that nagging feeling is eating me alive Carmen." She murmured not wanting to mention her dream of getting married to Jon that she had only a few hours ago "I think its just nerves getting the best of me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back