• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Spies Of The Revolution

SandraDeelightful

Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee
Autumn 1776. Insurgents have declared war against the Crown. Following a successful naval landing, His Majesty's Army has forced Washington's rebels into the wilderness. New York City serves as military base of operations for the British. The Loyalists of nearby Long Island keep vigilant watch out for sympathizers and spies.
-From TURN: Washington's Spies
So, this role play will be based off the spy rings during the American Revolutionary War, as well as the show TURN: Washington's Spies. While knowledge of the show isn't necessary, but knowledge of the period certainly is.

This role play will focus on the interactions between spies for the Patriots and Loyalists during the revolution, and the spy rings that are used to gather information, and some of the technology that was used to help advance spyware. There will also be a lot of political intrigue, fighting, betrayal, and hopefully romance.

This would be a detailed role pay with at least five to six paragraphs per reply (preferably more). Would anybody be interested in this?

I'm interested, and I do have knowledge on the period, but not regarding spies. Do you have links to the research you plan to use for this roleplay?

Edit: I withdraw my interest.

Last edited:
And so the American experiment begins
With my friends all scattered to the winds
Laurens is in South Carolina, redefining brav’ry

[HAMILTON/LAURENS]
We’ll never be free until we end slavery!

[HAMILTON]
When we finally drive the British away
Lafayette is there waiting—

[HAMILTON/LAFAYETTE]
In Chesapeake Bay!

[HAMILTON]
How did we know that this plan would work?
We had a spy on the inside. That’s right

[HAMILTON/COMPANY]
Hercules Mulligan!

[MULLIGAN]
A tailor spyin’ on the British government!
I take their measurements, information and then I smuggle it

[COMPANY]
Up

[MULLIGAN]
To my brother's revolutionary covenant
I’m runnin’ with the Sons of Liberty and I am lovin’ it!
See, that’s what happens when you up against the ruffians
We in the shit now, somebody gotta shovel it!
Hercules Mulligan, I need no introduction
When you knock me down I get the fuck back up again!

Not sure if I'll join I just really wanted to do that

Hey, looks interesting! Makes me think of a book I read [twice, actually] about the Culper Spy Ring, George Washington's Secret Six. Fascinating stuff; loved the book. I'd have to do some fresh reading to really try to get this right, but I do enjoy this era of history, and yeah, I'd like to try it out. Will have a sign-up sooner or later!

Hey, looks interesting! Makes me think of a book I read [twice, actually] about the Culper Spy Ring, George Washington's Secret Six. Fascinating stuff; loved the book. I'd have to do some fresh reading to really try to get this right, but I do enjoy this era of history, and yeah, I'd like to try it out. Will have a sign-up sooner or later!
Awesome!

Heh...so I realized I never actually went back to this to make a sign-up...sorry about that! I don't suppose you're still interested in reviving this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back