• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Spider-Verse: Inheritance [OOC]

Demon Shinobi

Friendly Neighborhood Demon Shinobi

v2iwYDw.png

Following one too many losses at the hands of the Spiders, a sole figure remained. Being young and without much power, she’d spent much time avoiding the conflicts between the Spiders and the Inheritors. But with the loss of her family, loneliness began to set in. She’d always believed them to be a necessary evil. Cruel and ruthless, though they could be, they were indeed her family and they kept a subtle balance. Universes that would be overrun with the Spider-Totems, a disturbance in the balance that would threaten the multiverse if not kept in check, The Inheritors kept them all in balance. At least, that is what she’d come to believe. Were it any other, this belief would be nothing more than the vengeful ramblings of a young and lonely girl. But for her, the remnant of a powerful group of beings, it was the beginning of something more.

The girl began to study what was left behind by her brethren, by her parents, and by The Spiders. She began to write, and create, twisting her findings to fit her own beliefs. She began to rebuild. She would take on the role of the Matriarch of the Inheritors. She gave herself the name Solara. As she grew, she began to scour the universe. She searched for one who could match her power, surpass it even, one who could become the Patriarch of her new family. It took time, but eventually she found one whom she believed could do just that. And so she took a man named Joren as her lover and brought him with her to her home dimension.

Though his power was great, she offered him more, which he humbly accepted. She created a concoction to make him like her, an Inheritor, though she remained the only true member left of her old family, to her knowledge. Thus, Solara and Joren began to expand their family. They had a son, Daemon, followed by a set of twins, Hendricks and Meleona (boy and girl respectively), and finally, their youngest daughter, Sivanna. These children were their penultimate creations. To this point, they’d taken time in recruiting more like Joren who could serve as makeshift Inheritors, skilled and powerful beings who had been granted more power through formulas built from the DNA of the Inheritors of old.

But these children would be much more than that. They would become more than powerful enough to keep the Spiders in check. No, all of those who bore the mark of the totems. The Inheritors would stand above them once more. Solara would make sure of it.

POYUkS9.png

The New Inheritors stand at a total of 11 members including: Solara the Matriarch, Joren the Patriarch, their 4 children, and their 5 guardians and teachers. Not wanting to rush in the upbringing of her children, Solara has made sure to allow them ample time to grow naturally along with more than acceptable education and training. However, each has begun to branch off and take on specialized skill sets, much to her satisfaction. She was not looking to create obedient lapdogs after all. However, as they have begun to reach maturity she has found it not only to be the right time, but absolutely essential that they begin to hunt. After all, they’d learn nothing if they weren’t allowed to experiment. So, she found a universe, labeled Earth-784, she could use as a suitable training ground.

In preparation for the hunt, Solara also captured and brought a medley of totems from various Earth’s to this one which seems to have experienced some kind of fallout. Life on the planet is scarce, but enough that her children will need to learn to differentiate the normal from the totemic avatars. Here they will hunt under the supervision of their teachers and guardians, though without interference unless they were to be brought near to death.

qdDCP9O.png

• Roughly a month has passed since the abduction of the Totems.
  • They were initially scattered across this foreign, rundown, and sparsely populated version of New York. Whether or not they are together now, is up to the players.
  • The characters were abducted with whatever the player says they were at the time of their capture by the vastly more powerful Solara.
  • The Inheritors are searching for them, Players will decide what they have done so far, and what they’re planning to do now.
  • The people of this Earth are real, it is not a simulation. Just another Earth/Dimension.
  • If you want more information about the Earth we’re on go ahead and ask, but I do plan on breaking some of it down as I go forward. If you want to have a character be from Earth-784, I will give you more info.

After the completion of the Infinity Gauntlet the Earth, the universe, was shaken to its core. The Mad Titan, Thanos, with a snap of his fingers wipes out half of all life in the universe. That was after the war was waged against him and his Black Order. With so many dead or gone (civilians, heroes, villains, etc.), the will to continue fighting was all but lost. Some tried, but failed to figure out a way to reverse the effects, or at least avenge the fallen, but to no avail.

Over time, people began to try and move on. But the journey to that point had been so difficult, so terribly hard on the people, every began to fall into decay. Cities fell into ruin, towns were left abandoned. With a world left war torn and reeling from tragedy, things seemed bleak. It took time to even get back to a livable way of life.

Earth was left largely devoid of it's heroes, and those who remained scrambled to find a way to fix their lives and make the lives of everyone better. The Earth having just barely come back from the brink has finally reached a stable point.

Now, with the population still a mere fraction of what it once was, most live in smaller villages, rundown towns, and other similar lodgings. One might think that the struggle for resources would be over, but in fact it quickly became something of a battle for those who would try to hoard those resources for themselves.

Heroes, both new and old, have begun to rise once more, in order to fight rising crime. Villains are somehow managing to gain prominence. The world, after having just reached its stability, is returning to a state of flux. It serves as the perfect hunting ground for the Inheritors in training.

juMaTGc.png

• What even are the Inheritors?
    • The Inheritors, put in the simplest way possible, are like vampires. However, they feed on totems/totemic avatars. They hunt them down, eat them, and gain more power from doing so.
  • So, what are totems or totemic avatars?
    • Marvel makes it a bit harder to understand than it might need to be, but essentially, they’re any human/animal hybrid. That’s a bit of an oversimplification in all honesty as there is much more to it. There are connections to deities, other supernatural beings, etc. The most basic example would of course be the Spider-Totems. They are generally directly connected to the Master Weaver (a Spider Deity-like being who oversees the Web of Life/Destiny). Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Spider-Ham, etc. are all Spider-Totems. Black Widow, Natasha Romanov of Earth-616, however, being without any real connection to the Spider-Deity (at least to my knowledge in the main Marvel Universe) is not a totem as she has no spider blood, DNA, powers, etc. Black Panther, on the other hand, is indeed a totemic avatar as he is granted power through the Panther Goddess, Bast.
  • Seems a little complicated, but does this mean we can make totems who aren’t just spider-people?
    • This does indeed mean exactly that. However, I would prefer it if you guys would keep with the theme and connect the character to the Spider-Man lore at least a bit. For example, a reimagining of the Rhino who could be a Rhino totem. Something like Doc Ock with actual Octopus abilities (I mean it’d be weird, but it could be cool).
  • Am I limited to spider-lore and reimaginings?
    • Hell no! I’ll take a character made with gusto and you actually care about and want to play vs a thrown together character who fits in any day. But given Spider-Man is a big part of the Marvel Universe and has interacted with just about every major character, and also played a big part in almost every major event, I’d say it shouldn’t be too hard to come up with something regardless.
  • How much leash are we getting exactly?
    • How much leash do you need? >_>
      No, but in all seriousness, you can go as wild as you want. Of course, I mean this within reason. I do not, and I repeat (for dramatic effect) “DO NOT,” want you to be so OP in the beginning that the Inheritors don’t really post a threat. Being this is a Marvel RP (basically), I will be more laid back as a lot of ridiculous stuff happens in comics.

NPg6mSo.png

1. First and Foremost, I’m the GM. Please treat myself and My Co-GM(s) with respect when it comes to rulings regarding the game. We will always try to be fair, and listen to ideas, requests, and thoughts.
  2. Spider-Verse: Inheritance is a mid-high casual roleplay. While I’m not expecting essays with each post, I am expecting that you don’t just throw up a few mashed together lines.
  3. Please do not intentionally try to harass, insult, or instigate issues between other players. This is not a place for arguing. If you feel the need to work through a problem, either take it to PMs/DMs or squash it altogether. I will not hesitate to intervene. If any problems persist even after the intervention of myself or a co-GM, you will be kicked from the roleplay.
  4. This roleplay will not have a required post deadline. However, I will request that each of you commit to trying to post at least once a week where possible. That being said, if you find that you cannot post for however long a period of time, please inform either myself or a Co-GM. You do NOT need to provide details, just give a heads up. Unexplained absences will be deemed as having left the rp if the player is absent for longer than a 2 week period.
  5. I’d prefer it if players were active in OOC discussion on Discord. An active, healthy playerbase that likes to discuss character and plot only adds to the fun!
  6. Take your time in designing characters that will grow and be fleshed out through interactions with other characters or through the story. Since we take this so seriously, the GMs will not be accepting people on a “first come, first served” basis. Instead, we will look at all submitted characters and will accept the ones we think will be more suitable for this setting.
  7. Regarding the idea of romance between characters, keep it simple and obviously do not go too far. Keep it PG-13 (or so) where applicable. Take it to a more private setting if you really wish to continue.
  8. Don’t just attack or harm the characters of another player without his/her/their consent. Don’t do anything with another character that would be otherwise outside of your control if you are not the creator. If you want your character to get into a fight with another character, give the player a heads-up, first. That way they can plan how their character will react. Remember that auto-hitting is not allowed.
  9. I’m sure I don’t have to say this, but metagaming, godmodding, being a mary/gary sue, and all the other stuff we have a tendency to hate or that detract from the fun of the game are PROHIBITED. Don’t do it.

2062k4z.png

kpAnGuA.jpg

"Quote from Character"
I won't place another placeholder image here. You get the idea.

• Name: {What’s their secret identity?}

Alias: {What’s their hero name?}

Date of Birth:

Height:

Weight:

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

Code:
[HEADING=2][CENTER][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/2062k4z.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/HEADING]
[CENTER][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/kpAnGuA.jpg[/IMG]
"Quote from Character"
[SPOILER="In Costume Appearance"]I won't place another placeholder image here. You get the idea.[/SPOILER][/CENTER]
[TABS]
[tab=Basic Information]
[B]Name:[/B] {What’s their secret identity?}

[B]Alias:[/B] {What’s their hero name?}

[B]Age:

Date of Birth:

Height:

Weight:

Hair Color:

Eye Color:[/B]
[/tab]

[tab=Background Information]
[B]Personality:[/B]
[INDENT]{Don’t go too crazy here. You can give me anything from a list of traits to a brief paragraph. But I’ll only accept one paragraph. Keep it as brief, clear, and to the point as possible..}[/INDENT]

[B]History:[/B]
[INDENT]{Summarize your character's life up to how they ended up being captured. However, I want these to be concise. Only really focus on the important stuff. Keep in mind, your character should have been established or operating for a while with their abilities. Anywhere between 2 and 5 paragraphs is fine with me, though I will accept a bit more. Just don’t go too crazy. I want to avoid unnecessary wordiness and save some of the more juicy bits for the IC and characterization.}[/INDENT]
[/tab]

[tab=Powers and Abilities]
[B]Powers:[/B] {These would be your character’s superpowers. These are something your character develops, gains, or were born with. Pretty self-explanatory.}

[B]Abilities:[/B] {These would be things that are innate or inbuilt in your character. Examples include stuff like having a photographic memory, really good eye-sight, etc. Things that aren’t superpowers, but not necessarily stuff your character could just learn over time.}

[B]Skills:[/B] {This would be where you put things your character has learned or picked up over time. Fighting skills, science skills, detective skills, etc. All of that would go here.}

[B]Weaknesses:[/B] {Everyone is gonna have a weakness or two. Place all of it here. Certain substances, crippling fears, being frail, etc.}
[/tab]

[tab=Extra Information]

{This section is where you can have a bit more fun. You can add, or remove things as you see fit. Just little tidbits you think are cool to know about the character. I’m not judging this section too harshly.}

[B]Goals:

Dislikes:

Greatest Rivals/Rogues:[/B] {List your characters archenemies, rivals, other members of their rogues gallery? Chances are they won’t all be the same at all.}

[B]Theme Music:[/B] {Optional}
[/tab]

[tab=Relationships]

This section is completely optional. That said, it will hold two main points of information. The characters’ relationships in their everyday lives, and their relationships (if any) to the other totems present. As you do this, keep in mind that all of this may come into play later on in the story. Also, keep in mind that some questions to consider include:

[LIST]
[*]Do they have living relatives?
[*]Do they have friends or other loved ones?
[*]Do any of them know the person's secret identity?
[/LIST]
{Name of Individual}

{Describe the relationship between the two from your character’s point of view.}
[/tab]
[/TABS]

Last edited:
I'm involved in a few other projects at the moment but I'd like to express my interest as well. I've got a few ideas for Spider-People and potentially other Totems so is there a limit on how many characters one could have?

I have no memory of this place...

Hey, Demon. I'm interested. Still getting my character figured out, though.
No worries! I'm not really in a rush! Take your time, keep me posted, and all should be fine.

I'm involved in a few other projects at the moment but I'd like to express my interest as well. I've got a few ideas for Spider-People and potentially other Totems so is there a limit on how many characters one could have?
I'm not one to limit how many characters the players can make. As long as you can make the characters work, I'll generally allow you to make as many as you want. Just ya know, within reason.

*Insert some witty remark about show of interest here*

Yeah :3
Awesome!

That said lol
I know there are potentially others who may have not yet expressed interest. By the end of this week, I'm hoping to have my character up, have a discord set up for easier contact, and hopefully have started working on fine tuning at least one or two villains to start. :D

cw3w6rhsmpk61.jpg

"This is my second life, and I won’t let it go to waste."

• Name:
    Lena Hackett / Shelly Cohen
    Alias:
    Alo
    Date of Birth:
    March 14th
    Height:
    1.72m / 5”6
    Weight:
    60 kg / 132 lbs
    Hair Color:
    Grey
    Eye Color:
    Faded Cyan (Day) / Glowing Cyan (Night)

2062k4z.png

EwWJ7TdWUAAF464.jpg

"Live or die, keep your integrity. Glory fades."
eed92be8d20975c3a057e41be8cb5e7a.jpg

• Name: Kameron Di Angelo

Alias: Trapper

Date of Birth: 10/04/1969

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 231 lbs.

Hair Color: White and Black

Eye Color: Green

2062k4z.png

navka-nagai-gojitsudan-no-nechronica-drawn-by-hetza-hellshock-2067e8bd5520bf63e0da897cd92f32b2.jpg

"...I don't want to hunt anymore... Leave me be."
navka-nagai-gojitsudan-no-nechronica-drawn-by-hetza-hellshock-sample-ff87fe9187c5327f459050a05739.jpg

• Name: Portia-07

Alias: Kali

Date of Birth: XX/XX/2010

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 135 lbs

Hair Color: White

Eye Color: Red

Alrighty! So the plan was to get this character up along with a discord. I'm also working on villains and the like, but I don't wanna jump the gun any more than I already have. That said!
I've got a Discord link right HERE!
I'll also be adding that link to the first post.
Being that I kinda just jumped in and made this OOC thread without making an interest check, I'll probably also look into getting one of those up, because ya know, like I said, I also jumped the gun on that aspect too. Got a little too excited I guess. Shouldn't be too hard.

6zQluZA.jpg

"Look, there's already a Spider-Man. But I figure, if I can help a few people here and there... might as well, right?"
BqiqAiv.jpg

• Name:
    Jason Alvarez​

Alias:
    Scarlet Spider​

Date of Birth:
    June 15​

Height:
    5'9" (Roughly 175.26cm)​

Weight:
    185lbs (Roughly 81.92cm)​

Hair Color:
    Black​

Eye Color:
    Brown​

Last edited:

2062k4z.png

"A stranger in a strange land.. This place needs heroes, but for my home shall I search.."

• Name: Ishikawa, Urumi

Alias: Kurokaze

Date of Birth: 08/15/1997

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 124lbs

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Red

Last edited:
I'd be up for this but might not be able to make a CS til tommorow.

Idea was a character from a previous Spiderverse RP.

Princess Fisk aka The Golden Recluse.

WIP

2062k4z.png

7Ekn5Fo.png

"There is a notable difference between Conviction and Resolve"
fhLufUw.png

• Name: Princess Fisk
    Alias: Golden Recluse
    Date of Birth: February 13th
    Height: 6' 3"
    Weight: [REDACTED]
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Brown

Last edited:

2062k4z.png

7efe0788e1a7e7fecfe2e635040028b4.jpg

"Aim with the hand, shoot with the mind, kill with a heart like arctic ice."
wozj29otc0y21.jpg
Art By Akarim97 on Reddit

• Name: Michael Benjamin Page;

Alias: Spider-Man, Cpl.(Corporal) Page, The Arachnid;

Date of Birth: August 9th, 1915

Height: 5'9" aka 1.77 m;

Weight: 160 lbs (70.63 kg);

Hair Color: Black;

Eye Color: Hazel;

Last edited:
Alrighty! So this is a bit of a "late" message.
I wanted to say that the characters are looking pretty good so far!
I'll be checking them out a bit more thoroughly sometime tomorrow. I give notes, approve, etc. as they come to me.
For now, any questions you guys might have, you can go ahead and ask here or in the discord!

NimNom NimNom - Reviewing Alo, I can't think of a reason why she wouldn't be accepted. I'm also intrigued to have a villain (anti-villain?) on the squad. I do question whether or not her connection to Seth may be weakened, or weakening, due to being in another universe. Would she need to regain his blessing or make a new connection with the Seth of this world? She's still accepted, this is just something to think about.

The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog - Likewise, I have no reason to do anything other than approve Kameron. I mean... I am worried he's a carrier for the infection... so if he dies we might have a new Zombie outbreak. I'll... Ya know... keep an eye out. Good job fam.

EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen - Kali is more than interesting for me to approve. Of course, you probably figured since I approved her the last time I tried this one out. So, I have no reason not to approve her this time as well.

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun - Urumi is approved. I really like the idea of messing with her using something shiny. I didn't expect any trouble from one of your characters.

PlusUltra PlusUltra - Gold is interesting. She's a hero, has a major familial connection to a villain, but doesn't know he's a villain. I honestly think there is potential for her to learn more about her father on this excursion. That said, I'm gonna need to be wary of her Spider-Sense. It may sound weird, cause it's staple of spider-people, but having the spider-sense is one thing; having a sort of enhanced spider-sense is another. I'm already wracking my brain on how to get past it. This isn't a deal breaker. I do think you could expand her history a bit. How was she captured for instance? Either way, I'm inclined to Approve Gold, because... well... there's no real reason not to.

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian - Last, but most certainly not least, we have Mike. I'm curious to see how he might be stuck in a more modern world and coming from being in the middle of a literal war. Like with every other character so far, I have no reason not to approve him.

As you all can guess, I'm pretty happy over all. I think we have a nice little crew of characters. I'm currently planning how to mess with them going forward. That said, while I'd like to wait and see if anyone else joins, I think that'd be dumb when we have enough people to begin. Plus, this is a setting where we can literally add people as we go, if needed. If any of you have questions, thoughts, etc. feel free to ask them here or on Discord!

Her Spidersense is closer to how Silks works in getting comics. But open to changes

Her Spidersense is closer to how Silks works in getting comics. But open to changes
Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner, but no worries. I just had to look up Silk and a few examples. You should be good. We'll need to find ways to mess with the Spider-sense as a whole any way. So it should be fun

2062k4z.png

4bcf86cd69-larg.jpg

"I don't need a reason, just a target"

• Name: Ezekiel Wes Adams

Alias: Tundra Wolf

Date of Birth: November 27

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 214 lbs

Hair Color: Gray

Eye Color: Gray

Last edited:
Okay, I like what I'm seeing. I mean, he's pretty cool and I'm curious to see how he plays in execution. So, I'm approving him. Though, we may need to bump his final stage up a bit in terms of strength, durability, etc. Course, he's a pretty fast. So, there's that lol

That said, yeah, approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back