• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Scatterbrain

Trying really hard to stay focused

spider-man-and-his-amazing-friends-5eaf3404c2849.png

Would anyone possibly be interested in a Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends based RP?

You don't necessarily need to have watched the show (I haven't, apart from a few episodes), I'm just planning on taking particular cues from it. However, a certain level of familiarity with Spider-Man and the wider Marvel universe would be a definite must.

I would be looking for at least two other people before I could begin the RP but, providing on the amount of interest, I reckon I could
accommodate, at most, around four to five.

Some things you should bear in mind though first:

spider-man-4-logo-png-transparent.png
I'm thinking only one character per person but I'd be happy to accept both Canons
and OC's. However, please be aware, that I'm only looking for heroes initially. I will potentially allow villains further down the line, but only in a specific circumstance which I'll get to later.

I would need at least two potential applicants to be fellow Empire State University students. It's also preferred that these (if not all) characters are happy lodging with Peter Parker at Aunt May's house to bring things better in line with the series.

I do expect a decent level of grammar and literacy from anyone interested but, more
importantly, I want this to be a fun and relaxed RP so as long as you can comfortably push out more than a paragraph every few days, you're welcome on the team.

The RP would be episodic in format, with each episode lasting roughly two plus weeks. At the end of each episode, I plan to check that those involved still want to participate. Then if someone, for whatever reason, didn't, I'd open up the RP again so others can join ahead of the next episode.

I'm toying with the idea of allowing people to
potentially direct their own episodes and this is where anybody interested in playing a villain would come in. As the villain, it would be up to you (with input from myself) to work out the plot of the episode; it's your scheme after all that the heroes would need to foil.

Thank you to anyone who has managed to read this far. Hopefully you've enjoyed my pitch enough to give it the green-light so I can move forward and begin production.

I will now open up the floor to any questions you still might have and then,
dependent on your feedback...

Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends will return after these messages.

I remember a bit of this show, I don't have plans for a character in mind atm but you've got my interest

I remember a bit of this show, I don't have plans for a character in mind atm but you've got my interest
Thanks for the interest but I do want to reiterate for anyone hesitate to join because they haven't seen the show that you do not need to have seen it. Basic Spider-Man/Marvel knowledge is more than sufficient.

I think I've got enough potential interest to make a start on drafting the CS so I'll probably have the thread up sometime this weekend.

I've never watched the show, but I've read plenty of the comics, so I think I've got a decent handle on canon.

As for grammar, I'm an established webnovel author with a perfectionisitic streak towards spelling.

Well, I'm not hearing a no.

My character's name is Dante Palmer, superhero identity Victory. He's a teenager with curly black hair and green eyes. In terms of intelligence and physical ability, he's above average, but no superhuman. His power matches his name - essentially, he sees the method by which he can beat someone. The problem is, due to his lack of any other abilities, that path can sometimes take a while. For example, against Spider-Man, it would tell him how to dodge good ol' Peter Parker's punches and webs, but wouldn't be able to overcome his superstrength and spidey-sense. Ergo, it would tell him to find someone who could beat Spidey and direct them on how to defeat him.

Usually, he's more of an advisor, using his ability to 'cheat' through school and grades. He's gotten pretty lazy due to his power, but he's not a bad person, and often tries to give his advice to whoever will listen to it. For whatever reason, his power doesn't help him get a girlfriend. He refuses to believe that it's because none of them want to date him.

What limits are there in terms of OC power levels? Like... we're not gonna have four or five Supermen just waltzing around New York, right?
Correct. I'm not going to put out a specific power limit that people need to abide by but I do expect people to be reasonable where it comes to their characters and their limitations.

One thing I will say though is please can we avoid niche powers like the ones commonly found in certain anime. I don't want to sound harsh but if you don't know what I mean by that, then this is probably not the RP for you.

Well, I'm not hearing a no.

My character's name is Dante Palmer, superhero identity Victory. He's a teenager with curly black hair and green eyes. In terms of intelligence and physical ability, he's above average, but no superhuman. His power matches his name - essentially, he sees the method by which he can beat someone. The problem is, due to his lack of any other abilities, that path can sometimes take a while. For example, against Spider-Man, it would tell him how to dodge good ol' Peter Parker's punches and webs, but wouldn't be able to overcome his superstrength and spidey-sense. Ergo, it would tell him to find someone who could beat Spidey and direct them on how to defeat him.

Usually, he's more of an advisor, using his ability to 'cheat' through school and grades. He's gotten pretty lazy due to his power, but he's not a bad person, and often tries to give his advice to whoever will listen to it. For whatever reason, his power doesn't help him get a girlfriend. He refuses to believe that it's because none of them want to date him.
Unfortunately for Dante my answer would be a no. His power would fall under what I call niche and would make my life unnecessarily difficult GMing.

Correct. I'm not going to put out a specific power limit that people need to abide by but I do expect people to be reasonable where it comes to their characters and their limitations.

One thing I will say though is please can we avoid niche powers like the ones commonly found in certain anime. I don't want to sound harsh but if you don't know what I mean by that, then this is probably not the RP for you.

Unfortunately for Dante my answer would be a no. His power would fall under what I call niche and would make my life unnecessarily difficult GMing.
Fair enough!

my only question would be how light hearted you plan this to be as the original was rather light hearted

Okay then...

My character's name is David Dell, and he has the rather classic power of density alteration, i.e. phasing through stuff or hardening himself. Blond hair, pale blue eyes, and a pale complexion. He considers himself a ladies' man and definitely isn't - instead, he has a minor obsession with superheroism as a whole, centered partially around Spiderman and his people-centric modus operandi.

What about that?

You want me to make a short list of notable characters that they made for the show? That's where a lot of flavor for the shows came from, I feel.

...Of course, fanmade RPG writeups like on writeups.org or The New Marvel-phile are where I found about a lot of this information initially, so you might just want to look there instead.

my only question would be how light hearted you plan this to be as the original was rather light hearted
I'm planning on making this very much in line with the show so rather light hearted and not overly serious but regardless of that fact, grim avenging types are always welcome.
Okay then...

My character's name is David Dell, and he has the rather classic power of density alteration, i.e. phasing through stuff or hardening himself. Blond hair, pale blue eyes, and a pale complexion. He considers himself a ladies' man and definitely isn't - instead, he has a minor obsession with superheroism as a whole, centered partially around Spiderman and his people-centric modus operandi.

What about that?
👍 That's much more in line with what I expect from a potential character. Once I've got the CS thread up, you can post him there and then pending approval you should be good to go.

For now though, can I direct all potential applicants towards the office for any further discussion/planning needs:

Last edited:
Character sheets are up for anyone who might have missed it.

One final bump ahead of the planned start of the first episode tomorrow. Make sure to put a CS down before then if you want to be involved.

amazed you don't have any x-men connected charactersso far considering both firestar and iceman were former X-men on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back