• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spellbound

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
The witty remake to insinuate that Willow needed more than just good Russian food to fill her up was far from lost. Her cheeks were flushed as they entered the restaurant, deciding she'd have to give her dear friend a combination of grief and praise later. After all, while the sweet southern Belle might have had her head in the gutter, there was a certain art in being able to make the simplest thing perverse.

The two parted as they were about to assume their normal seats when her eyes fell on Theo's seat that was very much Theo-less. Her brows furrowed in confusion, but as if she had managed to think him into the room, she turned to find that boyish grin looking at her. As if she couldn't control them, the corners of her lips immediately flipped up, her entire day brightening as he entered it.

"You're essentially late," she lightly chastised him before taking the seat, her gaze forced to switch to the heavy backpack as it was dropped. "Are you studying or trying to smuggle a library around?" Her jest at him was gentle though, spaced between filling her plate and starting to enjoy it.

“Only small part of library.” Theo pressed a finger to his lips to swear her to silence briefly, before chuckling and saying, “I am become pediatrician. Is best way to helping society, I am thinking. Residency only months away from the end.” A new kind of light rose in Theo. A kind, determined glow of the very thought of working tirelessly for the welfare of the youth. “I work here to get the tuition.”

Jovan grunted, “Work? More like flirt here.”

Theo smiled as he bit his chunk of black bread, and said with his mouth partway full, “I work.”

“I see your hair going up and down.”

“I said it was silky.”

Jovan reached over and gave it a swipe, “Feh! As silky as a wire-haired terriers butt.”

The cousins had their laugh, but Theo pointed his fork playfully at them, “Is not my fault-- I studied late. Forgot shower.”

“Take quick one before evening. I don’t want stink clouding the stage, eh?” Jovan eyed him.

“I will. At break.” Theo waved his hand in peace. “I will wipe down in the bathroom before I play.” A thought came to him, and he leaned to Willow. “Do you sing?”

Last edited:
Willow couldn't help but chuckle back at his playful demeanor, shaking her head at the impish man beside her. Still, he surprised her yet again with such an earnest revelation of his own passion. So he was an attractive, humorous flirt with a strong moral compass? How exactly did Jovan expect to keep her at bay for two weeks, or any woman for that matter? But then the group was back to their favorite game of tormenting Theo. All the while, she kept her eyes averted down to her plate, cheeks barely pink but as Jovan made his accusations they were threatening to burn brighter and brighter.

The sudden question from her eager suitor meant she had to break her stare down of her plate, glancing up at him. "Do I sing?" she asked him back, mentally rewinding to try and grasp where this question was going. Didn't everybody sing, even if was only horribly in the shower or their car? Her eyes spotted the small stage and pieces fell together. "Oh, no. Not at all. I'm terribly tone deaf and uh, loud," she hoped to fib, knowing there was only a single body at the table who was going to say any differently. A single body who would hopefully keep her knowledge of Willow's history to herself.

As soon as Micha finally claimed some of Molly’s attention, he watched as a single sentence snatched her mind away. Molly shifted to get a better view of her shy friend and popped a brow. There were two ways she could handle this blatant lie.

One, Molly could go along. But she’d dress it up-- Willow wasn’t just tone-deaf, she’d be described as sounding like a dying cat. Maybe some jab about getting dogs to howl. If she did, it’s possible Willow might speak against such a harsh opinion. Or go along with Molly and think of worse things. It was always fun to joke with Willow like that.

However, Molly could wave away Willow’s words as modesty. Maybe praise her golden pipes, tell them about whatever awards she had won, and the tutors she’s had. Of course, she would artfully avoid the subject of Willow’s family, for her sake.

But both of those seemed so simple. Too simple.

This demanded a far more satisfying result.

“Well now, Willow, you tend to be a little tough on yourself. ” Molly set both elbows on the table, bridged her hands together and rested her chin on her fingers, blinking her dark lashes innocently. “I think they should make up their minds themselves. Sing a song!”

Whatever conversations had been going on between the others at the table had quieted to hear Molly’s last sentence, which had been spoken unnecessarily loud. They joined in to encourage Willow to sing. Theo happily bookmarked his text and closed it. His dark green eyes looking expectantly at Willow.

Oh, Molly Malone was asking for her to blow right up and it was going to take all of Willow's control not to try and sink down to the floor. She would - course she would put her on the spot like that. She made a mental note to take Micha's side on literally anything from now until the end of eternity to try and claim some sort of revenge. If they didn't eat a Old Bear when the general was in town, she'd make certain that the lovestruck boy was sent a text with their location for immediate interference.

"I don't think anyone wants to hear that and ruin their breakfast."An attempt to fight exactly what that little brat had set her up might as well have fallen on deaf ears. There was no excuse in the world at this point, and so with a final death glare across the table at her friend, she caved. If she could get it over with then they'd be done, right? She'd only have to deal with the repercussions for her entire tenure at the pub, no big deal.

Why was it the minute that all eyes were on her the only damn thing that came to her mind was Kendrick Lamar? How did she even know Kendrick Lamar was a thing? Biting her lower lip, she swallowed down any nerves, reminding herself these were friends she was around. Her eyes drifted around the table as she took a breath and dove into the first non-club song that hit her. "She says I smell like safety and home; I named both of her eyes 'forever' and 'please don't go'." Oh good, now they would think she was a lesbian. This was going swimmingly as she forced herself to at least get through the first chorus, refusing to let her eyes wander back to Theo for more than a fleeting second.

Ending abruptly, she could feel her cheeks burning brightly. Well, that was over with. As if nothing had happened, she reached for a piece of the black bread, training her eyes on her plate to avoid the gaze of others.

Blissfully unaware of what was to come as a consequence of her actions, Molly still at least knew she had to be prepared for something. However, it was all worth it. How Willow's voice drew them all in, how Theo didn’t realize he had brightened his smile, how Jovan paused his eating to sit in thought respectfully of the lyrics, and the cousins getting pulled in, humming at the end to compliment her vocals.

Russian words of praise came thereafter accompanied by clapping. Molly dramatically flared her hands in Willow’s direction, as if showcasing a piece of artwork. Jovan raised his glass, “Da, maybe join the girls for Friday’s sometime?”

Theo pressed a hand to his heart, “Ah! And I thought Angels only sing in Heaven.”

Micha nudged Molly, “Do you sing?”

“Only a couple songs and they’re not that great.” Molly belted out the ‘Star-Spangled Banner’. Her pitch changed to appease her weak vocals rather than to honor the tune, her rhythm stuttered in the middle, and she cracked at the high note at the end. As she sang she got up and set her foot on a chair, placed her hands on her hips, and with a broad smile across her face. The Russian immigrants laughed most of the way through. But at the last verse, they joined, feeling patriotic. Ever shameless, Molly bowed twice to her audience. “I’ll be here all night!” She sat back in her chair and took a swig of her kvas.

Micha tweaked a finger in his ear, “I did not know Devils shrieked out of Hell.” He grinned playfully at Molly. The tease had been bold and sudden, but clever enough that Molly took no offense and nearly spit her drink. She half choked trying not to laugh instead.

The sound of approval was a relief, even if she had yet to be met with anything else when performing. There was still that small layer of self-doubt and uncertainty when it was in front of someone whom she aimed to please. Someone who only served to darken her blush even further with such remarks as she cleared her throat to try and swallow her own pride.

"You're hilarious," she muttered to Theo briefly leaning into him before straightening up. She was pleased with his praise, though, and would keep that thought in her mind for a less than sunny day if needed. Whether or not she'd actually be performing some night would remain a mystery since she couldn't quite tell when Jovan was joking (although she had hoped he was).

As Molly put on the performance of the day, Willow placed her hand over her heart in an obligatory, albeit comedic manner. By the end of the song there seemed to be laughs all around and all the thought of any nerves before had vanished. Shaking her head at Micha's remark, she went to finish off her plate. Eight was sneaking up on them and it'd be time to get ready soon. Laughter and drinks would have to wait for another time.

There was a final question though that she decided to sneak in before the roar of clearing the table would sound. "You said your residency ends soon. Are you planning on staying in Seabrook when you're done? To be near your family, of course." She watched Theo's face, curious for his response while hoping to mask her personal interest in the answer.

“Yes, is clinic by the 45.” Theo offered in answered. “My professor urge me to seek more prestigious hospital, but for family I stay.” Theo winked. “And one more reason.”

Molly heard that last bit even as she was speaking with Amalia and gave her friend a wiggle of her brows before returning her attention to the cousins.

Jovan clapped his hands once, “Alright, flirty boy, is time.” He stood up, gathering dishes as he went. “Long ahead. Work for kitchen and waitress will end at eleven tonight. Willow, Molly, you will help with serving drinks between eleven and one. Then go home.”

A long day indeed! Molly asked, “When do we come on Saturday?”

“Noon is fine.” Jovan answered. “Only lunch and dinner served for Saturday.”

There was unmasked joy in hearing that she hadn't just stumbled into Theo only to lose him a few months later. Not to mention that was a relief that she wouldn't have to rush things along. If he was sticking around Seabrook then they could let this flow as naturally as they wanted (and Jovan allowed). The constant edging on by Molly wasn't unnoticed, although Willow opted to ignore it for the sake of not getting Theo or herself targeted by the flirting overseer.

Up on her feet at Jovan's bark, she was quick to begin clearing the table. It might have only been a few days in the works, but her and Molly's actions were already blending in with the others, like clockwork with the boisterous Russian family. She tried not to think about getting home at almost two in the morning,, instead looking forward to just how the weekend would operate.

"It's been a hot minute since you and I were out that late on a Friday night," she jested to her friend with a light elbow jab, returning the tables back where they typically were. "I do believe the last time we were, you sounded a lot like your performance today, but you were holding on to the bathroom floor for dear life. Of course, if memory serves me well.."

Smiling fondly as Molly straightened out the tattered menus, she sighed, “Yeah, those magic brownies had me thinking I floated to the ceiling.” She interpreted everyone looking down as everyone looking up. Stoned-Molly threw a couple balls of tissue at them, perplexed at how those same tissues came right back to her. “I thought I was some kind of magnet.” Molly tied her apron around her waist. “Good times!”

“Magic brownie?” Amalia asked, having just put a rat in Avril's tank. Not many customers liked to see the snake eat. And of course, the same went for Bear.

“Is drug.” Micha explained, wiping away the drips of red off of Bears muzzle. He got up and gave Bear the rag to toss into the hamper in the kitchen. “Maybe we have sometime.”

Molly didn’t let on if she would be up for it with Micha, and to side-step it, she asked, “Where do you get the meat for Bear?”

“We hunt.” Micha shrugged a shoulder.

“You hunt?” Molly blinked, finding it hard to distract herself with work now.

Micha pointed to a few guns racked above the bar. “The second one is mine.”

Molly marveled. “You have a Remington 7?”

“Da.” Micha realized just then what gold he struck. Acting casual, he leaned against the wall by the kitchen door, crossing his arms. “What? You hunt?”

“Stars, do I!” Molly kept her eyes on that bolt action rifle. “I got a couple whitetails with our Marlin 1895, with my Pa.”

“You see six pointer?” Micha grinned.

Molly spotted the buck’s head above the mantelpiece by the side of the stage. “Ah nah, you caught that?” But before he could confirm she waved him silent, “Ya’ll down south now, so you better learn, that there is referred to as a twelve-pointer. Damn, Micha, I--”

“Eeeh, do you need two weeks?” Jovan called out at them gruffly. “Get to work, da?” Micha tried to leave then, but his Uncle got him before he got to safety. “And you, where is banner?”

“Oh, that is come soon, promise!” Micha got into a Russian argument then, with Jovan fist-thumping, and Micha shrugging and inching to the kitchen door. Clearly, his Uncle was not convinced.

Willow waved a hand as the two lovebirds were talking shop and drooling over guns and whatnot. She moved to the waiting station once breakfast remains were in the kitchen, taking her apron down off the hook and pulled the ties taunt around her waist. A glance over and she saw Theo was doing the same, likely to avoid the growl of Jovan that was heard from the bar.

"Don't be offended if it's something you enjoy, I just can't find any point in hunting," she informed him, seeing as it seemed pretty likely of an activity for the family to do together. "I mean, I get the idea of getting meat, population control and all of that, I just don't think it needs to be me doing the hunting. It feels too cruel."

While the hunting book club was being broken up and everyone was taking their places, a knock came from the back door, demanding attention. Waiting on the other side was a man carrying a long cylindrical tube and glancing down at his watch. Out the corner of his eye was movement and he turned to face a squirrel that felt like it had taken post in a large tree, it's beady eyes following his movements. Once Amalia uprooted herself to open the door and his head turned back to facing forard, he momentarily stared at her, clearly at a loss for words before gathering himself and peeking his head in enough until he spotted Micha.

"Oh, Mr. Baranov! Sorry, I'd normally come to the front door but there's a whole slew of people out there already," the late-20something male said with a wave of his hand. "I have that calendar you asked for - hot off the press." His gaze quickly shifted back to Amalia and it seemed as if he was going to say something but couldn't find the words for it.

"Ethan?" Willow perked up from around the corner, grinning when her suspicions were confirmed and her former classmate was in sight. "Holy crap, I haven't seen you in years!"

The lankier man was once again forced to look away from the woman directly before him to spot Willow a short distance behind her. "Oh hey Willow! Yeah, what? Three, four years now since Baylor?" Clearly he was considering walking in so he wasn't talking through the pub to her, but didn't seem willing or wanting to go around Amalia. "I'm sorry, have we met? You just look incredibly similar to my next girlfriend." Ah yes, Ethan Williams hadn't changed in all those years. Willow glanced over at Jovan, waiting to see what the burly uncle would say when yet another youthful, hormone-driven display happened before him.

The hour had five or so minutes before the clock struck eight when the knocks came. Jovan’s left eye closed and he fell silent at his bar. Molly had just set the last chair in place when he called for her to wait, and to let the customers know there was a slight delay. Though she hadn’t been there for a full week yet, Molly found this curious. She did as told all the same and stood for direction by the podium.

“No offense.” Theo smiled, grabbing his note pad and pen. “You know, we had same thought when--” Theo paused as if the words he was saying, or about to say, were caught in his throat, but he coughed, twice, and pat his neck before going on, “Okunevo is small village. Hunting is part of life. Market meat is fine, but Bear is not adapt to America. Back then he fought bears, and made meals from them, but here we have deer.” He rubbed the back of his neck, “Though, sometime, we do use for menu. Do not worry, is only Micha and Jovan who hunt. We would not ask you to do it.” He assured her gently.

Just then Jovan came in before Theo could walk out with Willow. The manner in which he strode sent an alarm bell through Theo, who casually draped an arm around Willow. All with Jovan in the room. But his Uncle had his eye on the backdoor that Amalia stood at. Micha had been singing until now, dropping his tune to a soft hum. With a nod from Jovan she opened it up.

To save some mystery here, Theo said to Willow, with an easy chuckle, “Is not time for delivery.”

The door swung open and there stood a handsome fellow. It was a nice change from the scruffy delivery men. At the first sight of him the unexpected tension released. Theo relaxed, and delighted in taking this opportunity to continue to hold Willows shoulders. He began to walk with her towards the man.

The explanation had been only tolerable to Jovan, who glared at Micha.

Micha felt his heartbeat steady, and he shrugged apologetically to his Uncle, “Sorry, heh heh. As he said, uh, the front was crowded!” He knew he’d be blamed, even if it was Ethan who had taken the liberty.

The friendly, and suggestive, pick-up line caught the attention of the men, but it was surprisingly only Micha who suddenly found interest to the counter nearest the backdoor who appeared agitated.

Amalia surveyed the young man as he had her, and upon hearing his little flirt she quirked a smile, “You look like my next ex.” She had a wicked sense of humor. Amalia meant no real harm, but had grown up with enough Russian men, and of course she had her brother, not to let the cat out of the bag so soon for just anyone. “But perhaps, you remind me of a new friend.” She stepped aside. “Come in.”

Willow hadn't been blind to the emotion that caught Theo's voice, although something told her now wouldn't be the time nor place to press him further. There was a lot of history there, but maybe she needed to wait awhile to be welcomed to that past. It wasn't as if she came out throwing around her own pamphlet of everything before meeting him at him; they could find out those things over time, if that was how fate would have it. For now, she only focused on the weighted warmth that came with Theo's arm about her. It seemed heavily excessive for someone at the wrong door, but she wouldn't be complaining. There was a level of comfort that lingered even when everyone else seemed to calm down and she'd greedily keep that feeling as long as she could.

Any protective stances from his client toward the prospective woman before him were lost as Ethan's lips pulled back into a wide and stunning smile. He lacked the southern drawl that Molly and others in the area had, his voice spared of nearly any accent, save for a small rise and fall in his cadence. He also didn't seem to be phased by Amalia's words, stepping inside and keeping himself close to her. "Hey, an ex at least means there was once something," he smirked, brows going up for a brief moment.

Clearing her throat to try and spare Jovan from having to bare down or get snippy about how his pub was only full of flirts, Willow nodded at the tube in his hand. "Is that the calendar you were supposed to have made, Micha?" she questioned, although at this point it seemed quite obvious to most in the room.

The cylinder was held up with a nod from it's deliverer. "Sure is. The next six months just as requested," he said, offering it to Micha although it didn't take long for his eyes to return once more to Amalia. "I can't save I've been here before though. Do you come here often? For the sake of knowing where you can find a friend, of course."

Clever on Willow’s part, for the distraction of the calendar took Jovan’s attention from chastising the hold Theo kept even now. This may have been why he hadn’t made a fuss about Ethan’s manner towards Amalia. They did not know for sure.

However, one man did notice. Micha couldn’t help but study the fellow with a hard eye. He listened to Ethan’s come-back, watched how his sister conceded to the man's point, “That is fair.” She shrugged a shoulder.

Micha took the calendar and stayed in his place. To Micha's chagrin, Jovan urged him out to hang the banner. Reluctantly Micha tore himself away. The young man jogged out, sparing no time. Doubtless, so he could be back as soon as he could. Theo chuckled to see the usually laid back boy all flustered. Amalia had not a single nerve out of place.

Jovan answered for Amalia, holding Ethans gaze. “She is cook here. We are pub. If you stay, you pay for food. ” Jovan swiveled his head to Theo and Willow. He pointed his finger at one and then the other, alternating between. “You not think I see? This is not date service! Now all of you get to work! ” He turned on his boots, shouting, “Molly! Let them in!”

Theo sighed, sliding his arm from Willow. It felt wrong. Something was missing. Bandit poked his head out of Theo’s pocket. She was helped to his shoulder and the ferret looked expectantly at Willow. The critter took a leap onto Willow and scurried into the pocket of her apron. “Is ok?” Theo asked, just in case.

Amalia grabbed a pan, looking at Ethan, “Well, Mal'chik, you want eat or not?”

Last edited:
Willow might have known Ethan well enough to recognize that he was flirting, but this was the first time she'd witnessed Amalia around a male she wasn't related to. Was...was this how she flirted? It was distant but not aggressive, and there was a toying smile on her lips. Either way, it didn't seem like the newcomer was at all put-off by this, even leaning against the doorway after Micha had taken the banner.

"A cook? That's a useful skill to have," he continued on, clearly not aware or simply unphased by Jovan's barking and shooing of the other couples. His eyes flickered over to the pan and back to her face, nodding and putting a hand on his stomach. "Yeah, I could go for breakfast. Do you make a mean omelette?"

The lack of Theo's arm also brought a frown to her face, although Willow wouldn't have dared to cross Jovan's orders. They'd already practically gotten away with murder that morning. Bandits furry figure served to bring at least some of her smile back, reaching into the pocket and petting her head with her index finger. "Of course it's okay. Just make sure you're not popping out while I'm serving and we're fine," she told the ferret, adding quietly, "And maybe I'll see if I can sneak you a few treats from the kitchen if you behave. Sound good girl?"

“Omelette?” Amalia said the word like it tasted funny. “We fry egg, if we eat egg. Also we have syrniki, bliny, porridge, grenki--” She pulled an old worn menu from a shelf and handed it to him. Some of the dishes had pictures. One of which showed a cut of hard dark bread with a spread of little fish covered in red sauce. “Look.” she urged, getting one of the many receipts already being pinned.

About then Micha came into the kitchen. He frowned to see Ethan and the menu in his hand. “Customers in front.” Micha said, his lips pressed and askew while he began setting up his station.

=

Bandit trilled in reply, though no one who didn’t know her may not have guessed it actually meant anything. Theo grinned, feeling better than after he had let go. Already his connection to Bandit linking him to her comfortable cradling in Willow’s apron.

“Ah, she’ll be good.” Theo assured Willow, but he said nothing of himself. The man went to work as usual, and as usual, he dodged Jovan. Today his hair went up and down a little less for watchful eyes.

Molly passed Willow by and asked what was up, “Ya’ll went took forever to come out. And then Jovan left. And then Bear came to sit next to me. Didn’t leave my side until Micha came out to hang that old banner.”

Ethan seemed equally confused at her disapproval of an omelette. What kind of a breakfast in Texas didn't offer eggs, bacon, and often a steak? Still, he took the menu from her, eyes scanning over the selection with growing hesitation. The sight of the little fish made his stomach churn, and as he was about to ask her what she'd recommend he was swiftly being directed out of the kitchen by Micha. Well then. Armed with his menu, he headed out toward the front of the pub, finding the podium to be seated at while seeming quite clearly out of place.

Willow had just given Bandit another stroke on her head when Molly popped by. She nodded over to Ethan who was looking about at the various trophy heads on the wall. "Micha's banner guy showed up and happened to be someone from school," she caught Molly up. Continuing in a lower volume, "They all got really concerned when he came in the back because it wasn't a delivery day. I suppose, if you have a pattern, right?" She shrugged it off, unable to be surprised by much of anything anymore.

Since she had caught sight of Micha's less than approving attitude when someone was bold (or dumb) enough to hit on his sister in front of him, she figured getting him fed and on his way was the best for everyone involved. "Alright smooth talker, let's get you seated," she told him, gathering their newest patron from the podium and taking him to a small vacant table. "Did Amalia tell you what to order?"

Ethan followed her, still holding on to the menu like a prize, shaking his head as he took up a seat. "No, she didn't. I just, uh, nothing with fish," he clarified in a low tone. "The sarneeky.."

"Syrniki," Willow corrected, basically an expert on Russian foods to the extent of the menu at this point. "They're like little pancakes? A safe start and good with some kvas."

"And....no fish?" This couldn't be stressed enough.

"No fish," she assured him, unable to help but grin. "Although I will let you know that Amalia enjoys fishing, so if you really want to chase after her through all these guys you'll have to man up."

A sigh of near defeat left him as he passed back the menu and shook his head. "I guess I'll have to. Oh hey, since you work here and all - is Mr. Baranov always so..back and forth with his emotions? He seemed like a pretty laid back guy when he was talking to me and making sure I had the banner all put together with all those calendar dates. Now he's a bit off?"

Willow smirked, puckering her lips once, a small noise created when she went on to speak. "Well, he is usually pretty happy-go-lucky, then again there usually isn't another man in his kitchen...hitting on his sister."

"Oh....OH." Realization struck.

"I'll be back with your kvas and syrniki in a bit, casanova. Try not to get on Micha's bad side in the mean time," she said, nodding up at one of the rifles in question earlier today. "I've been told he's pretty accurate with that."

Bandit occasionally wrestled with Willow for a straw. Or she would nibble gently on Willow’s fingers when she rested them in the deep pockets of the apron. But overall she did well. At one point a nap was due. It came upon her while she was poking her head out to see her surroundings. The lazy way her lids closed halfway and the slightly gaped mouth concerned the customer.

“Uh, hey, I think your pet is uh, it looks. . .” The woman fiddled with one of the many tight black braids that spiraled prettily down her shoulder.

“Dead.” Her companion finished, also curious.

=

Although Ethan wasn’t in Molly’s section, she took a moment to swing by to say hello. Willow and Molly went to different colleges. While Baylor was a good school, Molly had decided to take online courses and go to the state college near her mother’s house to assist her mother in her illness since her father couldn’t do it. Mrs. Malone passed away the year before her graduation. Molly felt some semblance of normalcy when Willow came back into her life. As lucrative as Willow’s family business was, and as much as Molly would support Willow if she decided to go, Molly selfishly delighted that her best friend had come to Seabrook. Ethan had been mentioned a few times. Molly couldn’t help but know more about someone in Willows college life. Maybe she could get some good stories!

“Hey there! So you’re Ethan?” Molly asked to sit for a minute with him.

Last edited:
Poised with pen and pad to take their order, Willows heart sunk at their words. Had she managed to squish her trying to pass tables? Looking down, she saw the ferret in an apparent trance, her worry disappearing as she scowled at the creature. "Ferrets are very heavy sleepers," she explained, not about to fall for that again. Although..she did reach down to position Bandit so she was laying at the bottom of the pocket, her fingers pausing for a moment just to make sure there was a heartbeat. Phew, crisis averted. "Sorry, she's not dead, she's just a brat." Well, at least her passenger was keeping to her promise, even if she felt the need to concern everyone around her.

Ethan peeped up from the screen of his phone when a southern drawl drew his attention, quickly setting the device away to pay heed to woman who took up residence at his table. A glance at the apron told him it was another worker, although clearly not another one of Micha's sisters he need to be worried about. He flashed her another signature flawless grin like the one from earlier, nodding.

"The last I checked I am," he said, sitting back and folding his hands behind his head. "Should I be glad or worried that my reputation seems to be proceeding me? Also, do they have a requirement that you have to be at least a solid 8 to work here or something? Absolutely mindblowing."

"Oh good." The woman relaxed.

Out of her periphery, Willow could see Theo heading back to the kitchen to clip another order up. Jovan was about to round the table, maybe to speak with Molly, but Theo intercepted.

The man began their order, "I'll have the semolina porridge, with the side of grilled tomatoes and sliced ham."

The woman hummed over the breakfast options. "I know the khachapuri is listed as a lunch item, but can I order that?"
=

Molly had come like a shark in water for some fun dirt on Willow. The more stories about your loved ones, the better! You got to gather as much as you can. You never know when birthdays or, if all goes well, weddings will come around.

But Ethan wasn't bad looking and his flirt was taken well. "Well, aren't you sweet." Molly crossed her ankles and leaned on an elbow. "But tell me, who here is the eight?"

Jotting down the first order, she habitually chewed on the cap of her pen. It was hit or miss from her experience if substitutions were permitted from the menu. It didn't seem like it would be that big of the deal, though. They had a large enough kitchen and no doubt the ingredients would be lying around.

"Tell you what," she offered to the customer. "I'll see what I can convince the chef to do" (because chef always sounded much better than temperamental Russian cooks) -"But just in case, want to pick something out as a back-up from breakfast? I can promise you it's all phenomenal." She never quite understood why some people felt the need to try and be an exception, but it also didn't hurt to ask.

-

Ethan grinned, openly pleased that he was being much more received through this avenue than his earlier attempts with Amalia. Because who didn't like it when a pretty girl was wiling to put themselves through less-than-original pick up lines? "Well, I'm surprised you'd find the need to ask. Shouldn't a girl like yourself know her worth?" He was hardly the type to let one strike get him out of the ballpark that easily.

"That'd be great, thank you. And, I guess the bliny. Honey on the side, berries on the side. Cream on the side." She said, handing her the menu. The man did as well and rested his right on his companions left after.

Theo managed to distract Jovan enough for a couple of customers to order drinks. Obliged by the pull of responsibility, Jovan went to fulfill those requests. Now that the old man had his eyes on bottles and cups Theo managed to adjust his hair in full view of Willow as she went to the kitchen door. Brushing past her shoulder, when clearly there was room to go by without collision, had been a delightful bonus.

=

“Oh honey, I know my worth.” Molly assured him. “But I didn’t ask you about my score.” She delighted in these back and forths. But to be kind she decided not to press to find out who he thought was at least an eight. Even if he had said Molly, she would have taken in in stride and humor. But Ethan didn’t know, and that was okay. There was plenty of time for him to know her. That is, if they ever got to cross paths again. There was probably a minute more or two before Jovan looked their way. “So Ethan, what do you do?”

Willow took down another order that felt a bit extra, flashing the woman a broad smile. "Sounds perfect. I'll see what I can do about the khachapuri though!" Either way she'd get something she asked for and hopefully the kitchen siblings wouldn't be too finicky.

Just as she was headed to the kitchen, Theo was doing his show of putting his hair down and back up. Instantly, her day brightened up and she could feel that stupid grin coming back to her face. Their shoulders brushed and she couldn't just let him go that easy. "Watch where you're walking, krasavchik," she teased him.

-

Ethan felt like he had gone and hooked her attention, mirroring her motions and leaning forward at the table. "I work with graphic design and print," he said, making a production of gesturing to the banner. "What about you miss?Anything else you do, or is having your beauty brightening up a murky pub a full time gig?"

"Oh ho, but I am watching, krasavitsa." Theo winked, feeling a spring in his stride. The table he approached had a mix of old and new customers. Theo got to writing down their orders, serving drinks, and occasionally stepping in for Molly. Theo had always believed that effort and optimism contributed to a brighter future. While he loved his cousin Micha had no claim on Molly. And since Ethan was a friend of Willow Theo had no reason to be wary of him thus far. Theo would let the dice roll. Maybe Micha would last and end up with her, maybe he wouldn't. But Theo would not force fate either way.

Only Jovan posed the true obstacle. Theo smiled back at his Uncle. The older gentlemen had gotten caught in light disagreement between some babushkas over his lack of having someone in his life. They were always fussing on him. Jovan complained, but Theo knew better. Life had not been kind to all of them. They had been struggling up a hill, hand in hand, against a new world in America, and the recent years spent in Seabrooke felt like the kind of new start Theo hoped for his family. Jovan would never truly shuffle away such care from even strangers.

Not everyone liked the new people here. Or, more specifically certain new people who were hired to do a job for a banner. Micha grumbled in the kitchen. The kind of noise that would have been easily ignored if it was not purposefully made close by to others, namely Amalia, and if not exaggerated to gain attention. Sometimes Alamia managed to keep to herself, and even then Micha would eventually start venting to her anyway. Right now she had a motivation besides comforting her brother to not ignore him.

"What is grumble, eh? Is about Ethan?" Amalia dropped several pale blobs into a riot of oil.

Micha sighed deeply as if he would have kept to himself, but if she insists to know, he would speak, "Is just, we not know him." He set a stack of bliny on a hot plate, drizzling honey over the pale golden, turning a scoop of berries on the top and swirling cream beside it.

"Feh, Micha, just say your mind, I do no like running around bush." She pulled open the oven and began bringing out trays and trays of bread. "What is issue?"

"I worry for you, solnyshko, after last time." Micha admitted sheepishly.

For a moment only the sound of dishes clinking, liquids bubbling, and the scrape on metal filled the room. Finally Amalia, said, "Is been a while, Micha. We move on, eh?"Amalia would say nothing more about it, but she did set a hand her hand tenderly on his shoulder, briefly, before continuing with her work.

=

"Stars, you're an artist! Oh I have always wanted to get into that field, I took some courses, but I need to eat and stay dry, so I got to get my bread and butter." Molly made a note to talk shop-- art shop-- whenever she found the time. "This place is a full time job, let me tell yah. You saw the schedule at the door. Stars, my hands are full. But I still work on my art on the side." Molly pulled out her phone and showed him an image of her old cat. "This is Mamoa. He passed away when I was a young teen. I found an old photo and decided to make a charcoal picture of him."

(ooc- This is my cat, Jack Sparrow. I used charcoal.)

zVwvD3TKi-zopePz8XkiPGNMN7mPhaJhJD8t1_1YdXpofU2Y-JHLgdWCcnaZ-xNxUdqfQPpA9TA5lcB40NLma4jB2oLXvokDneOd904xr_gkAxmVJzZcik5qDBqRstA3PxkMfitPFBXIFFBR1PLJlwNy_1i24KJmcVqk5bY6pUtqBqXm0Hitku3-b4eP5ANWCzACzGJR1RmbnHtqt2Guj4Ktimtlj4LGdby4SctljsG7DbvNgp6XhxLTsi6F11pLkaGfJphj5Nim8Om5pqhlqjX6Z7PPcXxryG2E05XMEwye6Sy9usbhwUQOAcG5fb-l6ViGxd4iTSb6RooxE85r5azqYGmSDWe5Cd5qP6PCd3tovMsMr3genM7NEraAkZZUiA3CWXuKG2NaWuyWhcxTnWKd5xjCReSaCJ3yDbPD5GXyPFN_Z4OVZPelEDuGXTOXfWeYBs5pqFLppnvCpVT9Tsm2xffUImhY7_K7XAHSERnyU_6mL1REWVwkIuRbNzNZuT1EA-q3OyvU2xB5bvmlQaPkD7cVl3aRZ8uDpN8S97BTtLvHjW21v_-NB6SFcU3NmP-z01qFBx7AxY-8EY1r9QHNeARmqGbFPhX6DCd3J8lLZF5XujJbY_xh8kjdeu8huvqbwB1dPeDDeYcInI4xbhlJstcDVaoczWtRwkybi8x3Yl-rby4lpg=w640-h853-no

Last edited:
She let him go with a smirk dancing on her own lips, no time to banter back and forth. Even if they could manage to escape Jovan and his hawk-eye flirt monitoring, they both had tables to tend to, breakfast rush just coming slowly off it's peak. Bringing up her complicated order to the kitchen, she caught the tail end of what she thought was an endearing interaction between the siblings. After seeing all the jests and jokes, she wasn't quite sure if now she was in fact seeing right.

Clearing her throat to ensure they knew she was present, she pointed to her pad through the window. "I have a customer who wants to know if it's fine to go on the lunch menu. Think you can whip up some khachapuri for her, Micha?" she questioned, eyes going between the two with a growing curiosity of just what she hadn't quite walked into.

-

Ethan lit up, clearly pleased that someone was willing to reciprocate his efforts and even more enticed that he had been able to say the right thing to keep the southern belle perched at his table. Even with the restaurant around them bustling and full of chatter, he was focused directly on her, hoping he had done well enough to keep her captivated a bit longer. "Yeah, I get that sometimes we end up having to do what we have to do to get by," he acknowledged his own fortune. "But glad you're still keeping up with it all. Too many people give up once they start working their 9-5s and that's a shame."

He adjusted his plastic framed glasses as she produced the photo on her phone, peering down at it for a few moments before nodding. "That's fantastic," he praised, taking it upon himself to zoom into the image. "And you said you've only had a few classes? That's a crazy amount of detail for only a few classes. You should definitely look into it more - " he trailed off, brows furrowing. "Apparently I'm a downright ass because I never asked for your name. Or do artistic-driven, pub-hustling angels not have names?" Always the charmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back