• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spellbound

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
A honk sounded. Molly leaned out the window and dramatically mimed that she needed sleep. Once they got driving Molly chattered about a few funny customers. Eventually she stopped when her phone beeped.

A name popped up 'Stupid FACE', but with the familiar icon that was meant to indicate her boyfriend sent her a text. "Ugh." She deleted it immediately. The only words that the half-shown message showed was "I'm sorry! OK?!". Molly's cheeks pinked. "Saw him with Rachel again. Strike three, he's out." She pursed her lips. "I could block him, but, I want to delete his message a few more times before then." That amused her, it seemed. "Maybe I should work at the International-Fun Shop." Molly joked, nudging Willow. "Although, with my luck, Micha will pop in there."

Willow was relatively absorbed in her own thoughts once in the car, only managing to answer in muttered agreement and nods, which was more than enough to keep Molly content. She heard the chime that stopped her chattering, looking over as she announced what had happened. "You really just block him," she agreed with a sight that meant she knew all too well that she'd do no such thing. She'd gripe and moan about him for days on end and then end up crawling right on back to him.

"I don't now...Micha might be a terrible flirt, but something tells me he wouldn't care much for Rachel. You act like that'd be such a bad thing," she added after a few moments before the car came to a halt at her apartment building. "Or, keep on getting texts of apologies - your call Molls. I'm going to go eat and pass out. Tomorrow!" After bidding their fair wells, she went slipped out of the car, purse draped over her forearm, and went across the parking lot with an appreciation for the day and the luck she's seemed to have of late.

Before long, she was back in her apartment, ignoring the door number that had fallen once more as she closed the door beside her. As usual, her purse was set up on the counter top of the kitchen, while she stepped toward the small section dedicated to shoes that weren't in storage. Her flats came right off and it was still as if she hadn't been on her feet all day, wondering if she'd be able to steal a bit of the salve for future personal use.

Walking back into the kitchen, she pulled out a chicken breast (which would have sounded delicious if she hadn't spent the day eating an array of Russian food that she was already starting to pine for) and began seasoning it. A bit in the oven while she found a book or show to watch while she relaxed before bed sounded pretty amazing at that point. She hummed a little to herself, eyes catching on the cookie jar just in front of her that currently held only a few bucks - her rainy day fund. Well, it looked like she wasn't going to need to worry about rainy days for a bit.

Still, it was a bit foolish to walk around with a couple hundred dollars on her, she was well aware of that. Abandoning the chicken for a moment, she reached over into her purse to retrieve the money that was only recently added. The first pat found nothing, but the second...well, something soft brushed her fingertips and -

"AHHH!!" an only natural reaction as she ripped her hand back out of the purse. "What the-?!" A quick look at her fingers told her that they were all still there, and a cautious look down into her purse revealed the exact source. "Bandit! What? What are you doing here?" she demanded of the ferret.

Chitters and squeaks were her response. Bandit appeared confident this explanation would suffice. The ferret slipped out of the purse and perched on the tallest object in the most center of the room. In a flash, she was gone. Willow heard feet pattering, but never in the same place. Here and there she heard soft tearing.

She scowled at the ferret who raised out of her perch, bounding to the top of a rummage sale lamp before racing off again. "Listen, Bandit, I don't speak ferret, in fact I feel like an idiot right now," she called out, looking around in hopes to find see where she went. "But I'm sure Theo is going mad looking for you, and so help me if you start eating my clothes, I will help him turn you into a scarf!"

Reaching back in her purse, she pulled out her phone, immediately defeated when she realized that she had no no numbers for any of the half dozen she worked with. Letting out a groan, she leaned against the sink shaking her head. After a moment of thought, she looked up the number to the pub online. One ring later and she went to a voicemail announcing they were after hours.

"Uh, I don't know if anyone's still there," she said awkwardly to the machine, shifting about the kitchen as she spoke, "But Bandit hitched a ride in my purse and I'm sure you are looking for her. It's Willow, by the way. Call me. Please." She left her number before hanging up and setting the phone back down.

What was doing to happen when Theo couldn't find his beloved pet? She could already envision the anger that he and his family had trusted her, employed her, and now she'd ran off with one of their own. "Oh Christ. What if they send the mafia after me or something? If I get hunted down because you thought it was a good idea to get in my purse. You're a real jerk, Bandit."

Her rambling continued while she decided she might as well eat. Especially if it was about to be her last meal! She heard scratching from the bedroom, scowling at the all between the kitchen and bedroom. "I mean it! If you eat my clothes or make a mess, you're going to get skinned!"

A buzzing sound reached her ears. A big, plumb, flying roach rose from behind the table. It meant to head right towards Willow- well, her chicken. Just as the lumbering avian bug came within two feet of it, a blur of white and black struck like furry lightening. Chomp! The ferret crunched the bug twice and it was gone. Bandit curled its body in a hoop. Those big black eyes stared at her, almost piteously.

The blur of movement and unwanted bugs summoned another shriek out of Willow, quick to cover her head instinctively. She just barely saw the fur dashing past before hearing a very disgusting crunch. She looked down just in time to see the ferret looking back at her, almost proud of itself.

"That's gross...do you even know what that was?" she questioned the creature, shaking her head in disbelief. "I hope that Natalia keeps you up to date on your shots and stuff. If I end up with the plague I will be highly annoyed." Although ferrets didn't carry the plague...did they?

Needless to say, the fact that she had been denied a pet growing up meant that her own hands on knowledge was really none at all. She crossed her arms over her chest, studying Bandit before making a couple of decisions at once. First of all, the chicken was going in the oven before someone else tried to land on it or something weird. Heated and slowly baking, she stepped away from the kitchen before another bug could fly at her, plopping down on the worn down love seat, she consulted her phone yet again, this time for the idiot on the Internets guide to raising a ferret.

"Likes dark enclosures - closet will have to do-....wants to play - not tonight, we're not," she muttered as she skimmed. "I don't own a litter box and I'm not going out at this hour and walking somewhere to buy one. If you could not mess on my things, that'd be fantastic. What else... omnivore so you eat meat and plants. How does a piece of my chicken sound to tie you over until you can go back to Theo?" She said the last bit a tad louder, although by no means with the mindset that she'd actually get an answer.

Overall the ferret had been pleasant enough, peeking here and there, climbing but not breaking anything. At one point she was out of sight again, scurrying around the bathroom. Once Willow mentioned chicken Bandit came running over, her little claws skittering on the floor. Her nose twitched and sniffed the air in the direction of the fowl meat. Quite obviously she was on board with the chicken idea. Noises of chuffing came from her in anticipation of it!

She has to admit, the antics of the small weasel-like creature were adorable when seen. Deciding that bandit was just curious about her new surroundings, Willow said about her normal evening routine. After a few more minutes reading up on her temporary roommate, a timer sounded that the chicken was ready for devouring.

With the chicken on the counter she sliced off a chunk from the corner on a small saucer plate, before cutting it into smaller pieces. As if she were feeding a child, she blew on the meat a few times gently, hoping to assure out the worst of the heat. The small plate was set on the corner of the counter, and willow mimiced the summoning of Bandit, by rubbing her thumb and fingers together to create a soft brushing noise. The shallow bowl typically used for storing leftovers was filled with a good amount of water and set next to the chicken plate.

The remainder of the chicken was eaten while Willow perched on the counter giving bandit as much space as the small apartment allowed. Stomach satisfied and with the knowledge that five thirty in the morning was going to come too soon, she headed into the bedroom, killing lights on the way. Recalling what she had read of ferret preferences, she found a mostly empty laundry basket, draping a blanket as lining and tucking it in her closet. "That'll have to work as a bed for you tonight, little one," she called to the ferret, unsure where she was. Before long, she was in pajamas and crawling into bed. Her feet and shoulders might not have hurt, but she was still exhausted, falling asleep in a few moments time.

September 20th, 2017
Morning snuck up on her all too soon, the light chimes bribing her from sleep gradually. Grunting, she reached over blindly to silence the alarm before turning her head to face a pile.of fur she wasn't used to. A sharp yelp of surprise sounded as she scooted out of the bed, only when her feet were on the floor did the events of the night before resurface. She registered the fur as Bandit, coiled around a leather flip flop that was previously in the closet.

"You're not keeping that," she muttered, leaving the animal to sleep while she moved in a trance to ready for the day. Her first stop was of course the bathroom, and she froze after turning on the light. In the bowl, a small but definitely recognizable dropping was left that most definitely was not her own. Her half away trance was fighting hard to process that the animal had in fact listened to her about not messing up the apartment, even though it seemed impossible. Maybe they could be toilet trained?

"It's too early for this..." She groaned, flushing before going into her morning routine. Showered, brushed and eventually dressed, she looked back ok the bed to be surprised that Bandit was still laying there. She had gone from not sitting still the night before to just limp. Willows heart skipped a beat when her mind jumped to the worst possible reason. Maybe they couldn't have chicken? What if she had killed Bandit?

Gingerly, she used her index to poke her, hoping she'd wake up. A few pokes later and Bandit still hadn't moved, sending Willow into a true state of panic. As carefully as she could, she hoisted the animal, shoe and all, up off the bed and laid them in her purse. It was already six which meant Molly should be waiting. Mind off, she nearly left the apartment without her shoes, but eventually was climbing in the Accord.

"I think I killed his ferret," were the first worse she blurted out.

Alarmed, Molly gingerly bent to try to hear breathing. "I don't think I hear anything." she gulped. "Um but--" She tapped the creature. "Seems squishy and warm. IF it's dying, I think we have time!" Molly launched into action, typing info into google until the animal clinic with Dr. Kobayashi, Natalia's apparent secret crush they learned about from yesterday morning at breakfast, popped up on her phone. "What did you feed it?!" Molly got a run down of last night, but nothing seemed off. "Maybe that roach was poison! Did you use any RaidSpray or poison bug food?!" Not at all angry with her friend, it was that Molly too had little experience beyond the Demon of Hell known as Zika the Chihuahua.

Willow was overcome with shame at the thought that she was responsible for this. She'd finally found a guy who seemed decent, attractive, and funny, and she had to go off killing his pet. This was probably why her parents wouldn't allow animals growing up - they knew that she was just going to be a negligent murderer.

"Okay, I didn't even know the roaches were back so no, there was no spray," she said, mind searching for answers. "I made sure the chicken wasn't pink in the middle but - oh hell, what if they can't have spices?! The articles didn't say anything about allergies. What if she's in a comma?" She went on and one with theories as they drove to the clinic, dreading coming face to face with Natalia while carrying her cousins dead ferret.

As if a manifestation of Willows fears, Molly spouted, "Shit, shit, shit-- and he's been so decent, attractive, and funny, and here his pet could be dying!" Molly, not a strong person in the face of turmoil. However, she did catch herself, "Uh, what I mean is, Bandit's probably fine." Without knowing at all if that was true.

The Accord shrieked into the parking lot of the clinic. Molly got out first, opening the door for Willow. They rushed towards the clinic as if their heels were on fire. Molly burst the doors open, "Natalia? Dr. Kobayashi?!" The first thing they saw were two parrots perched on gnarled branches, a receptionist desk, and a shocked, yet handsome, asian man in a white coat. Out from a door to the side came a wide-eyed Natalia.

A flood of explanation began to flow, but Natalia hushed them with a wave of her hand. "Let me see." She took Bandit softly at first, but after a moment her worried eyes faded to a dull annoyance. Natalia said, "Hold on." She went to the a shelf and pulled out a piece of some brown nugget. Natalia held it to Bandits nose. Within a blink the ferret's eyes popped open and she nabbed the nugget immediately.

Molly sighed in relief. "Oh my gosh. That freaked me out. What was happening?"

"Ferrets have a tendency to sleep like the dead. It's not unusual for new owners to come in with their sleeping ferret, thinking it passed away, or is dying." Natalia pat their backs. "You're ok."

"Not helping, Molly!" She scowled at her friend as they woke through the streets. She didn't want to imagine just how much Theo and his family was going to hate her. Forget dating, she was probably about to lose her job too!

At the clinic, she was still a frantic mess, clutching her purse with both hands until Natalia appeared. She tried her best to apologize and explain at the same time, but was quickly silenced. Watching with wide eyes, she was braced for the worst when the ferret suddenly spring to life for breakfast.

"A heavy sleeper?! I thought you were dead!" She scolded Bandit as the sleepy girl gobbled up the treat. "You gave me a damn heart attack; I hope you're pleased with yourself." She might have grumbled, but in truth she was beyond relief. "Thank you though, Natalia. And I'm sorry we caused a bit of fuss over nothing."

"Oh, don't worry, it's my job anyway." Natalia said.

Sweet chitters were followed by a gentle tap with Banits nose, as if in some kind of apology. Bandit slinked up to Willow and curled her head against the womans cheek. Natalia's mouth edge in a smile, "I can't say it won't happen again, but looks like she's gettin' the drift."

Molly 'humphed', crossing her arms. "Well good. Because my best friend practically fell apart." She broke into a grin. "The fuzzy rogue."

Natalia swept a sideway glance at Molly, "And you were a pillar of strength?"

Pink cheeked, Molly coughed, "Well, I mean, I can't say I was the best--- oh, look at the time. We should probably go." Molly pattered her shirt straight. "Nice to meet you, Dr. Kobayashi! Nice parrots!" She gestured to the two scarlet macaws.

"I'll give them a call, let them know you're on your way." Natalia spoffed, pulling out her phone. "You two should get their numbers, if you haven't already. Go on now. I'll make sure Uncle Jovan doesn't take it the wrong way."

Filled with relief, Willow gave Bandits head a few soft pets. "I don't mean to yell, you just scared me," she repeated quietly to the little animal. Retrieving her sandal from the floor where it had landed after the holder suddenly awoke, she added it awkwardly to her purse.

"Anything to lessen the thunder of his voice would be appreciated. Thank you again," she answered Natalia before following Molly back out to the waiting Accord. They were definitely going to be late, although hopefully Bandit was going to prove a worth excuse.

Arriving at the pub, she walked in already feeling sheepish, but thankfully not as tired as she had seemed the morning prior. "For the record, aside from fake dying, you're not a bad roommate," she told Bandit before coming into the main room and gesturing to the ferret perched on her shoulder with her thumb. "So, there was a stowaway last night," she explained, although they likely already had figured that out from Natalia's call.

"Bandit!" Theo got up to scold in Russian, a gentle, yet firm, voice. The ferret squeaked back and leaped onto his shoulder. Theo then pulled Willow into a hug. "So sorry!" He brought her to the table where they all waited.

Amalia tsc'd, "Keep better track, Theo."

Micha was laughing, "Natalia said you two freaked out."

Still blushed in embarrassment, yet unable to deny it, Molly sighed and nodded. "I think I kinda made it worse too..."

Jovan gruffed, "Forgiven this time. But keep eye out, eh?"

Molly nodded, "Of course. Willow was ready when I went to pick her up. We would have been on time." she explained. But enough of talking. Molly went for the food. They had time to chow before work began.

Theo brushed hair from Willow's cheek. "I should have given number. We heard message this morning." He got out his phone to add her as a contact. "What is number and address?"

His embrace was even more enticing than the day prior, wanting to spend just a bit longer than she should in his arm. But alas, they needed to eat and get ready for another long day. It seemed Natalia's call had done the trick and they werent in risk of losing their jobs this time.

Her shoulder felt oddly empty as she reached to fill up her plate. Theo's hand raised a faint blush in her cheeks, his question even more so. She looked over to Jovan wearily. "Um, are you sure that's fine for you to have? I don't want you to feel tempted or to break a certain promise," she brought up earnestly.

"Just number, Theo." His uncle cautioned. Theo spoke in Russian, but his uncle shook his head.

Theo puffed air, "Ah, fine." He wanted to pout his lips in disappointment, but he didn't want to tempt his uncle to glare. He put the number in and sent a text. "There, is mine."

The others did the same. Molly hesitated giving her number to Micha, but reflecting on what Willow said, she went ahead. Might as well give this a chance. But slowly....Micha moved a bit too fast for her taste. Already he went to put his arm around her shoulder, which she glared at him, and he stopped.

Today there didn't seem to be as many animals at the table, save for Bandit and Bear. The old dog stared attentively from a distance. Food was food, though his diet was not the usual kibble. When all was done and put away, and their day started with the line of people outside, all seemed pretty normal-- if you can call this place and this family normal. Theo adjusted his hair, careful to do it without Jovan seeing. Molly stopped being so cold to Micha. Delicious food was being served.

Amused by the uncle's firm decision, she worked to hide her smile behind a fork. Theo was not unlike a scolded child who want getting his way. She had become the candy he was pining after but just wouldn't get until after dinner.

Her phone was soon full of texts and new numbers from around the table, not to mention her stomach was also full. She was pleased with where they were at, content in every way possible. This was a far cry better than being at the international shop of fun and Willow just felt she could genuinely enjoy herself more.

Coming to each table with a wide smile and welcoming words, the day was quickly back in the swing of things. She recognized a few from the day prior, although not everyone's names. Now and then she made the extra effort to make sure guests of the pub received exactly what they wanted.

"Krasotka," she heard for not the first time, this instance coming from the aged lips of one of the older Russian women from the day prior. Olga, if she recalled lately. "Food always good, da?'

Willow smiled, nodding in agreement. "I have yet to taste anything that wasnt, ma'am."

"And krasavchik? Also good or neposlushnyy?" Willow knew all too well the ladies name for Theo, but the second one threw her off. She was going to have to start picking up Russian it seemed.

"Let me ask?" She offered with a sheepish smile before going in search of Theo. "Krasavchik, table twelve seems to have a question for you," she smirked, still unaware of just what the word meant.

Hearing his nickname said by Willow made it sound less ‘awe’ and more ‘oh-la-la’. That made him grin—a lot made him grin with her. Theo gave a customer a straw before heading off to table twelve with Willow. His approach had them riot in giggling and smiles.

“Нужно что-нибудь?” He asked.

“Красивый, мы не можем дразнить ее, если она не понимает!” They pushed is shoulder in a maternal way. “Научи ее русскому языку!”

“Ах, ребята. Что ты ей скажешь?” Theo spoffed, glancing at Willow.

“Мы спросили, хороший ты или непослушный!” A gleam of impish delight only the old can get away with lit them up.

Theo’s head threw back in a laugh, “Я плохо себя вел, но у меня такое чувство, что она будет резвая.” He winked at Willow.

They exchanged a questioning look, “Разве она не твоя девушка сейчас?”

“Не ранее чем через две недели. Дядя Йован правит.” Theo sighed with a shrug.

“О, дядя Йован, этот ворчун!” Hands waved dismissively and a few women shook their heads.

Theo agreed with the last statement. He said a parting in Russian and offered the service of their waitress back to them, but in just a moment. Theo adjusted his hair. as he turned to Willow. “They ask if I behaving and if you’re my girl.” He grinned, finishing up his tie. “I tell them no to first, and not yet to second.”

Willow followed him back to the sweet old ladies who always smiled as he passed. Granted, she wasn't much better, still getting used to the giddy mood he so easily put her in. She stood off to the side and just behind Theo, hands clasped in front of her as she watched the interaction with a small smile of her own.

The back and forth was quick, well as fast as the elderly were able to talk. She was lost in terms of what the words said were, although a few facial expressions and hand gestures that certainly crossed language barriers. She even found herself chuckling along with the old lady at one point. She did manage to pick out Jovan's name, only confirming her suspicions.

When Theo pulled her over to explain the conversation, she felt a light blush on her cheeks. Who knew that old women could be so open about these types of things? She knew she wasn't bold enough to ask him if he behaved or not. Well...

"Not behaving, huh? Aside from your little hair signals and trying your uncle's patience, I thought you've been behaving pretty well. Something I should know about?" She questioned with a smirk, adding as she fiddled with her apron. "And you're pretty cocky about how these two weeks are going to end, aren't you Mister Al-Zakhar?"

"I could do lot worse." Theo agreed to her comment about his behavior. To what she said about his confidence concerning the end of the two weeks, Theo ts'd. "Oh, конфетка, is beginning." He brushed a fallen hair from her cheek.

"Theo!" Jovan barked.

The sultry man jumped in his skin at the sound of his uncle. "Oop." Theo stifled a laugh and went to go back to his work. He dodged the glare of his uncle, who gestured two fingers from his eyes to poke in his direction. This time Willow was given a squinty eye too. The old women at the table came to her rescue, waving their hands in shooing motions and speaking in Russian, to which Jovan muttered back at them and went to work his bar again.

Willow jumped visibly as their brushing contact earned a scolding from the watchful uncle. Her cheeks flushed a deep scarlet and she looked down to the ground as she walked away, avoiding the gaze of Jovan while heading back to work at her tables. Still, she kept sneaking glances over at Theo from across the room, making sure to catch that reminder of his promise around his uncle's promise of what time would bring.

A little while later, she happened to be restocking her apron as Molly was doing the same, making a bit of casual chatter in the down moment. "So. Micha has your number," she said in a way that was supposed to sound casual but clearly insinuated more. "Is that supposed to be just for emergency purposes or...?"

"I was about to ask you the same." Molly bumped her hip with Willow. "But looks like old Jo's got a lid on that pot, bless his heart." Molly giggled. But in seriousness, she shrugged. "I got to give Micha points for confidence. These Russian boys, stars are they bold!" Molly patted her pockets, assuring she had enough napkins, straws, and her pen wasn't disappeared again. Somehow her last one ended up at a table near Micha. Molly didn't recall being over there. "I'm going to ask if we can take some of this salve home." she said, taking a swipe and rubbing it on her neck.

Her eyes flicked up for a moment while she tucked a few extra napkins away. "Yes, just for work purposes," she insisted, though a light brush hinted that she might have already been considering alternative motives. There was a small spark of a rebel in her that said she hadn't made a single promise to Jovan - only Theo had been told not to flirt. The rest of her agreed with him that they did need to slow things down, taking it day by day rather than trying to skip a chapter.

"Bold is a generous word," she chuckled, taking the jar once she was done and massaging a small amount into the base of her neck. "But hey, maybe we just don't know good attention when we see it, huh?" Leaving Molly with that thought, she headed back into the office waiting masses, more relaxed than she had been courtesy of the salve.

Molly gave an 'Mhhhmmm', at 'work purposes'. There was little belief here. Molly did agree with Willow's comment before she turned. As Willow left Molly used a rag, twisted it, and gave it a snap at her friends butt. The sting would be light, but it would still sting. "Go get 'em, tiger!" She laughed, dancing off to her tables before retaliation.

Upon arriving at her assigned tables, Molly looked out the window and saw thin-legged crow perched on her Accord. A shudder ran up her back. Her chest tightened, her heart fluttered. Molly felt a pit in her stomach.

"--excuse me?" The voice of the customer broke through Molly's far-off mind.

"Oh- right, sorry. What did you say, honey?" Molly coughed. Within that moment a loosening of her chest and a steady heart relieved her, and as the customer talked, she glanced up and saw the crow had gone. Molly took the order and went back to work, but a nagging feeling settled in the back of her head.

During a pause of his sneaky flirting, Theo noticed Molly's uncharacteristic worried brow. "You ok?"

Molly brightened, shaking away whatever it was that bothered her. This was a job. She couldn't get swept up in her silly superstitious mind! "Yes, stars, sorry. Just a long day I guess." She smiled, turning quickly away.

No reason to question it, Theo went back to work, and went back to winking and his hair. He took orders, chatted with old women, and sang some Russian songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back