• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Got a craving - come see if you're interested? (urban fantasy)

PhoenixMire

ᛚᚨᚦᚢ:ᚹᛁᛞᚢᛉ:ᛖᚱᚦᛟ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
- Repurposing this thread

Hey, you can call me Phoenix! Thanks for checking out this thread.
I have a setting I'd love to flesh out into an actual plot with you.​

- -『 idea 』
I've been interested in trying an idea dealing with merfolk - not quite the typical merfolk; they'd have legs instead of tails, making them amphibious (and they'd possess other fish-like traits, like fins or something). It would most likely take place in an urban fantasy setting in which humans are perfectly aware of these merfolk. They aren't a secret.
Maybe humans and merfolk get along well; merfolk have their own underwater cities in oceans and lakes and have interesting interactions with people. Or maybe humans enslave merfolk for various selfish ends.
I have an OC, Ren, and I'd love to use him for this! Maybe your character could be a human girl, or another merperson, or whatever, really.
Of course we'd need to plot out an actual storyline and conflict, which I would love to figure out with you. Throwing ideas back and forth is great and can really get my muse going.

- -『 preferences 』

「*」At least two paragraphs are good (sometimes more if you like). I don't like one-liners, they kinda kill my muse.
「*」I love action and adventure. Violence and blood are totally fine, as long as it doesn't go over the top gory.
「*」I'd rather RP on forums. I can do PMs but I like forums the best.
「*」An active partner is awesome. I'm very understanding of life and personal conflicts! But if you could post more than once every week or two, that'd be great.

Dislikes
「*」I dislike sexual content of any kind, at all. No thanks.
「*」I don't like Mary Sues or overpowered characters. Even if characters have strong powers, I like them to have equal weaknesses.
「*」Romance is fine, as long as it’s not overly sappy... And personally I prefer M/F

If you're interested, shoot me a PM or reply here and I can PM you!

Last edited:
this sounds super interesting. when you said merfolk and humans enslave them. I was thinking that they capture them to take their scales for some type of high end accessory like jewelry or bags and garnishes for food b/c they glisten in the light. maybe that the merfolk can regrow scales but they wouldn't be as pretty as their first initial coat. or maybe they enslave them b/c of some urban legend, and needs them to go deep into some trench in the sea but no sub or person can go down there b/c of the water pressure.

i'm just kinda spit balling lol cause' I really like this concept

Users who are viewing this thread

Back