• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Special Tactical Rescue Operation Squad (S.T.R.O.S)

WARWOLF01

VFA-118 "Warwolf" Squadron
"We are the best that the department has to offer, we conduct many different operations from personnel recovery, rescue operations, hostage rescue, etc. We operate at our best so that people can know that the police are here to protect and serve them and officers know that they have an elite unit to rely on to rescue them when they can't handle a situation." - STROS Commander Wilcox, 2002.

The Special Tactical Rescue Operation Squad is a police multi-mission special weapons and tactics unit designed and created to handle all types of special ops missions that normal patrol units couldn't handle or are not equipped to do so. They are equipped with the best equipment that a large metropolitan police force swat team is allowed to be equipped with under US Federal Law. They are selected from the best of the special weapons and tactics units that are found in the department as well as regular patrol units who are proven to go above and beyond what is expected of a patrol unit and can show that they are able to handle the stress of being in such an elite unit.

// OOC Information
This will be a mostly action based group roleplay, but will also have romance between those that wish to have romance between their character. This will be a male x female pairing.

here is the character thread: Realistic or Modern - Special Tactical Rescue Operations Squad (Character application thread)
Main thread: Realistic or Modern - Special Tactical Rescue Operations Squad (S.T.R.O.S)Angel Metro Police Force(A.M.P.F)
OOC Thread: Realistic or Modern - Special Tactical Rescue Operations Squad OOC Thread

Last edited:
Never fear, Henge is here! :D

(Currently 11.30pm so I will most likely have a CS done by tomorrow afternoon) :P

On a side note I do have a couple of questions:

I'd be interested to know the technology standards of this world, as in ~ will we be restricted to our current issued stuff or can we dabble in some techy elements such as Ghost Recon's Cross-Com interface Might be cool for the team to seamlessly connect with city street cameras, observation drones and each other's helmet cameras to gain a 'bird's eye view' of the situation. I took one look at the urban digital uniforms and my inner GRAW-fan nearly overdosed on nostalgia 😂

Furthermore I was wondering on any specific roles that are open? Whilst obviously I can imagine all the characters involved can hold their own in the majority of situations, i.e basic medical training, marksmanship, leadership, CQC/hand-to-hand and so on.

Finally, what sort of posting requirements and frequency are you looking for? I usually post around 3 - 8 paragraphs once per month due to my work schedule being... 'rather busy this time of year' (send help). So I tend to type a little here and there until it's something that I feel has enough content to progress things until I next have the time to sit down and write something.. indepth.

I'll give this a shot why not. Only in one RP so far and this is a modern one where i can be my gun nut self without feeling like the odd one out

On a side note I do have a couple of questions:

I'd be interested to know the technology standards of this world, as in ~ will we be restricted to our current issued stuff or can we dabble in some techy elements such as Ghost Recon's Cross-Com interface Might be cool for the team to seamlessly connect with city street cameras, observation drones and each other's helmet cameras to gain a 'bird's eye view' of the situation. I took one look at the urban digital uniforms and my inner GRAW-fan nearly overdosed on nostalgia 😂

Furthermore I was wondering on any specific roles that are open? Whilst obviously I can imagine all the characters involved can hold their own in the majority of situations, i.e basic medical training, marksmanship, leadership, CQC/hand-to-hand and so on.

Finally, what sort of posting requirements and frequency are you looking for? I usually post around 3 - 8 paragraphs once per month due to my work schedule being... 'rather busy this time of year' (send help). So I tend to type a little here and there until it's something that I feel has enough content to progress things until I next have the time to sit down and write something.. indepth.

We are gonna be using GR Cross-Com system that is gonna be attached to every single camera, including patrol vehicle dash-cam's when needed. They will also be able to remotely control unmanned vehicles such as High-Altitude UAV's, CUAV's, etc. They can also get more detailed information on enemy forces, such as medical readouts, night-vision, thermal vision, detailed weapon information on targets, etc.

All characters will be trained as SWAT Assaulters by default, but can have all the different SWAT classes like:
Breacher
Pointman
Negotiator
Vehicle Operator
Field Paramedic
stealth operator
Sniper
etc.

I expect at least 3 paragraphs minimum, but you can go up to as high as you want for a response, I would like you guys to be as active as you possibly can when you are participating, but if you can't be as active as other people, then it will be fine and we will allow you to stay in the rp as long as you are able to keep up with the rp's when you are able to.

I'll be using BBCode to make it special haha
Mind if i ask what faceclaims are allowed to be used? You're also missing the 'appearance' part of your CS.
Realistic or Anime doesn't matter to me, just be sure to include it, I will be adding that as well as the role to the cs sheet.

WARWOLF01 WARWOLF01 on a side note, it might be helpful to have a OOC chat for related topics. Just so that people don't have to crawl through the chats in say the CS thread to find what they're looking for. :P

After skimming through everything, I'm definitely interested in this RP. I'm thinking my guy or gal could be a negotiator and intelligence officer, like the person who informs the squad of openings or events during the mission. Like if the terrorists activate a bomb during the mission, they'll inform the squad about it. He/she won't be getting too much action, which brings me to my second question.

What do you say about me creating some baddies to initiate a mission for the squad? Since this is like the elite squad for the toughest of missions, we'll definitely be taking on some terrorists and whatnot, and I kinda want to help set some of these up. I could make a four-man group of terrorists that siege something as the first mission. Or an organized group that plans the assassination of an important politician and have the squad be given an anonymous tip and help stop it in the midst of the public! I could maybe even create an international terrorist group and have us locate one of their bases at a distant, abandoned farm for a possible raid?

Sorry if I'm just wasting my words and you already have everything planned out, but either way I'm interested.

After skimming through everything, I'm definitely interested in this RP. I'm thinking my guy or gal could be a negotiator and intelligence officer, like the person who informs the squad of openings or events during the mission. Like if the terrorists activate a bomb during the mission, they'll inform the squad about it. He/she won't be getting too much action, which brings me to my second question.

What do you say about me creating some baddies to initiate a mission for the squad? Since this is like the elite squad for the toughest of missions, we'll definitely be taking on some terrorists and whatnot, and I kinda want to help set some of these up. I could make a four-man group of terrorists that siege something as the first mission. Or an organized group that plans the assassination of an important politician and have the squad be given an anonymous tip and help stop it in the midst of the public! I could maybe even create an international terrorist group and have us locate one of their bases at a distant, abandoned farm for a possible raid?

Sorry if I'm just wasting my words and you already have everything planned out, but either way I'm interested.
Sure I don't mind, as long as you have your character participate in the rp and create your character as well as communicate with the other members of the rp in the ooc thread, then sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back