• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Speak softly, and pilot a giant robot

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Another day, another interest check to post. This topic is, as one may guess from the topic title, is Mechs. Due to the sheer versatility and variety that comes with these things, I don't have a real solid plot in mind, some rough ones I'll jot down, but nothing concrete.
Idea 1, post apocalypse: The earth is dead and gone, irradiated wastelands and toxic jungles, rusting junk heaps that seem to tower towards the heaven dot the planet en masse. Some people however, be it through luck, engineering, or having found a unit in one piece, have taken to piloting old world mecha. Some of them are good, protecting small settlements and the people inside them. Some of them are nasty, part of raider gangs and war bosses, hoping to exploit and conquer whatever they can. And some are on the neutral spectrum, soldiers of fortune who just need to get paid to feed themselves.

Idea 2, Sci-fi: Humanity isn't alone anymore...or it never really was. About one hundred and fifty years ago, a myriad of races made themselves known on the galactic stage, about the same time humanity took it's first fledgling steps onto the grand galactic stage. Humanity found itself outmatched in....really every aspect. Ships, weapons, economics, they were just out of their league. So they did what they did best...innovated, set up defenses, and just waited. In the current day and age, a full scale galactic war has erupted, and humanity is stuck smack dabble in the middle of it. Luckily, that one hundred and fifty years of 'waiting' has had some good things for the human kind. They've made their home system nearly impenetrable, giant star fortresses protecting and guarding Sol. Secondly, they've had a LONG time to study, and to innovate...their peak achievement being mecha, mobile armor and suits that can outmanuever just about any conventional ship, and armed with the best weaponry humanity could create...or otherwise steal and smuggle from the other races. It'll be up to the protags to aid in the war, keep humanity safe, and fight back against the forces that be.

Idea 3, Full war: This one is more of what you'd find in the 'Gundam' shows. X human colony has decided it wants to be independent, and Earth feels it still is a governing body. But the twist to this is....X human colony is a fascist tyranny, with 'Independence' only step one in claiming earth as it's own. It'll be up to the protags to defend earth, it's people, and to eventually take the fight to the rogue colony and end this struggle. This one will actually feature some politics, and internal turmoil (hopefully, it'd be my first time for both.)

Rules, and keeping it brief
Please be polite, I don't mind if characters get into fights, but I'd like to keep a good mood going out of character.
1-3 paragraphs at minimum.
Please contribute to the story, the NPC's, and the world building.
Mechs can range from anywhere to 'power armor' which is only the size of a person or slightly larger, to a hundred foot tall powerhouse.
Though the RP will feature a good deal of action and adventure, I'd also like to include more relaxing 'slice of life' elements, such as the lives of the characters, they're coping with everything, and of course relationships they create with eachother and others.
I encourage comedic moments, in order to 'water down' the otherwise high tense environments these will inevitably portray​

Hello there. I saw your ideas and I am wondering if a certain mech would be like that of Titian fall.
The idea I have is a simple survivor took a old Titian and he would keep it alive and work on his own mech until comes to meet you since he works as a hired gun and uses a old set of weapons and even older form of Titian.
The Titian I would use is much like this.
5AEADDC0-20EB-472C-99AA-1B1B7DA9458F.jpeg

I would like to apologize to those who posted here, and I never responded too. For some reason, this thread never updated me, and it slipped my mind. I have just now dusted the dirt off of it and unearthed it like some macabre time capsule. Bumping

Ah, alright. Shoot me a DM, if you could? I apologize that this collected dust, I never got the alert like I should have, so I just recently found it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back