• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy speak no names | a fantasy au roleplay

omgit'sLiane

A thief in the night
so my general idea is that we have this walled city surrounded by forests, set in about victorian times. outside of the city are creatures called wraiths. not dead, not alive, their only instinct is to feed on the souls of humans. on top of the heavily patrolled wall, they have a magical barrier that prevents the wraiths from entering the city. this barrier has to be renewed every year. in this world, your true name has a power over you, so once you're named you're given a nickname, to keep you safe. it's highly important to never speak your name outside, especially not near the wall, because if a wraith hears your name they will use it to lure you outside. that's the basics of the setting, and i have a couple of ideas for plots to throw into action once this is set up. i'm planning on this being really dark. it's still pretty rough, so i figure we can work more on world development as we go. hope to hear from you!

Urhm, alright. Premises is good, I guess. :)

Hiding true name sounds kind of cool.

One question: What're the organizations?

Factions. Competing groups. People with set jobs.

A slightly bad example, but the groups from the Divergent series. You know, how all the groups are supposed to work together for the good of the city, but instead they fight each other, they might ally with each other from time to time, etc...?

i don't really have much sketched out at the moment, but i hadn't really planned anything like that. i'd imagine the threat of the wraiths keeps everybody working together pretty well. as far as the leaders, my thinking is that it would be like a duel leadership thing. one leader is from a specific family who've been in charge as long as anybody can remember, because they are the ones who set up and renew the magic barrier. the other leader would be elected I think. and then maybe like an elected council as well, to balance power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back