• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy π‘Ίπ’‘𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 (A Cyberpunk Urban Fantasy)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Narration In the less than fortunate part of the city but never the less populated by people of many kinds, both the regular and the supernatural kind live here, although it cannot be called a harmony but its better than nothing.
There it stood an innocent-looking internet cafe β€œUmbra Fabula” just on the last corner before an entrance to a park.
In what used to be a dormitory is where the business has settled, the old red bricks with vines growing in between them added to the aesthetic, and inside it looked like a typical cafe upfront but there were three doors present inside, the left one leads to the internet part of the cafe where rows of computers stood, the right door leading to the bathrooms, while the middle one lead to the upstairs area which are living quarters to the owner and those he trusts like his friends or workers.
While behind the building was the entrance to the additional staircase that lead to both floors, and on the third floor were just three apartments fully furnished but no one lived there until a mid-aged man rented one of them out.
The walls are painted with the scenery of Venezuela with a starry sky at the ceiling something that is hard to see in a dense city such as this.
Circular tables are strewn around the place, most with regular but comfy chairs, while those in the corners had couches so a larger amount of friends can sit together.
This entire building was owned by a young lad called Perun Renne, a quite eccentric fellow, always walking with his fake bull horns on his head which are truly just headphones.
He has black bushy hair with small braids in the front, always wearing the same clothes a green jacket with fur on the hood, a white shirt, black pants, and brown shoes. Some might laugh and joke that it's the only clothes he owns but little do they know he has an entire wardrobe full of the same outfit pieces.
PerunBut today's story starts with him manning the cafe downstairs rather than in his bedroom, for he just decided not to sleep in today and opened it a few hours before the normal time. So Perun after changing the sign to open walked behind the counter and began making a cup of strong coffee for himself, while being filled with thoughts.
’Might as well make one for those upstairs and I better hope they eat the pancakes I made for them.’
After a few minutes of being deep in similar thoughts, he finished his cup of coffee and brewed four cups for others, and brought them to the communal part of the building where he set them on the table. Before going on rounds between the doors knocking on each one and saying loudly.
β€œWake up sleepy heads, breakfasts ready also I brewed some fresh coffee for ya. So come out when the sun is still up will ya! I will be downstairs in the cafe if anyone needs me.”
Upon doing so he left yet again for the cafe and stood there waiting for clients.

Interactions: toxification toxification Allen, NanLia NanLia Diomis & Orasea,​

Last edited:
- Jon -

To the pleasure of normal people, no work today, which meant I'd have a long weekend to relax, start my first run, and enjoy watching the football game. Pulling myself from my bed and dressed in nothing but my tartan boxers, I shuffled sleepily over to the fridge, pulled out a plate of raw meat, cleaned away the blood and then sat down at the kitchen table. I reached over for the fork and steak knife and cut the meat into several bite-size chunks. I looked over to my calendar and remembered that the full moon was tomorrow. Oh, yeah, so that would be a weekend ruiner. How did I forget that? Senior moment. That was something to look forward to.
I munched on the meat, annoyingly delicious as per usual, while watching a game on the small kitchen TV. A framed photograph of Danielle positioned in front of me.
β€œAre you kidding me?” I yelled. β€œHow was that a foul? Scummy bastard. Sorry, Danielle.”
β€œJohnny, it’s just a game.” I imagined she would say. β€œYou want your nine year old son to hear that?”
β€œNo, sorry, but they traded Daniel Dandez from the Sharks and look how that investment turned out.”
β€œMy husband yelling at sports on his own in some apartment. How did it end up like this?”
I blinked, reminding myself of what I was doing. I had to stop doing that. Danielle was gone. Karl, who would have been nine if he lived, didn’t even make it into this world.

It wasn't an important game, but a game was a game. Much to my chagrin, the poor performance from the players made me wish I could transform into a werewolf at will and slaughter every single one of those morons. The crowd would thank me, and none of the players' families would miss them. A cat wandered onto the pitch and gave us all some much needed relief from the awful performances everyone had been subjected to. I finished, cleaned up the plate and left it in the sink. Returning to the fridge, it turned out I was low on chickens and meat, so that was the aim for today. I had enough water to cover me for months. The trash nearly overflowed with empty meat packets and water bottles. I was low on food, and I was nearly out of toilet paper and deodorant. The latter very important to shoo away that sweaty post transformation wolf smell. And I had to take a trip to the laundromat. I needed a list, or my dumbass wouldn't get anything done. It goes to show that you can get accepted into medical school and still act like you’re one sandwich short of a picnic.

To do list:

1) Get two packs of toilet paper
2) Get two chickens
3) The usual meat order from the butchers
4) Get more deodorant (Shake Atala for Men)

5) Go to the laundromat at some point.
6) Throw out the trash

Leaving it in the kitchen for a moment, I went to get changed into my running gear. Just a shirt (long-sleeved to hide my tattoo) that used to be white but now sported a greyish colour, old black sweatpants, socks and dirty sneakers. I strapped on the running armband, shoving in my apartment keys, phone and credit card, and then returned to my room to get my ring necklace - the ring that Danielle used to have around her finger. I kissed it before putting it around my neck. I could complete my running, and then visit the butchers and the store on the way back. Kill two birds, or three, with one stone. I took a deep breath, muttered some mindfulness phrases, and then left the apartment. I went downstairs, trying to avoid any opportunities for the other tenants or the landlord to interact with me. If they saw me, they'd think I was coming down with something - I always looked like that when my transformation was nearing, but it was best to just work with it. To me, the werewolf thing is a disease so to say I'm feeling a little under the weather wasn't a total lie. I slipped out of the building entrance and instantly felt the urge to turn around and slack off when the cold breeze rushed around me. I placed a hand on my stomach; it jiggled at my touch. I wasn't fat, but I still needed to lose some pounds.

Shit, I forgot my damn list...

I turned around and stepped back inside.

Last edited:
Allen hadn’t slept.
This was far from unusual. It was, in fact, the norm for Allen. A five minute nap in the wrong place at the wrong time could cost them their entire apartment- Not to mention thousands in damages he’d owe to Perun.
This state of sleeplessness had long ago evolved from a form of constant torture to a less severe but nonetheless constant malaise. She always donned dark circles that would make nosferatu do a double take. She had a twitch that would act up sometimes after prolonged periods of sleeplessness, usually two or three days in to a stretch. Her tall body was visibly wasting away under the pressure of the constant, self-imposed insomnia.

They had spent this night as they’d spent many others. They read a book for a couple hours before the flitting, hallucinatory lights that built up in their vision made the task impossible. After that, all that was left for them to do is open up the third drawer down in their desk and pull out their collection of labeled, small plastic baggies filled with powders and crystals alongside an assortment of paraphernalia- Pipes, torches, burnt spoons, and other items tucked into the backmost shadows of the drawer.

Having used close to midnight, Allen had to ensure that he ingested enough to stay awake. The hefty dose that continued to float through his veins caused wild visions and tracks of thought that would send the less experienced user bounding into the streets naked begging for a ride to Niagara Falls.
There was a demon in the corner with the beak of an owl jammering something incomprehensible, quantum snakes slithering across the floor that were only perceivable by their shadows… His reflection in his desktop mirror flittered in and out of sight unnaturally.

He just sat, he just stared. He felt the same way about these snakes that he’d feel about pigeons in a park, or late night television. Boring, but it’s something to watch. It was something to remove his attention from the constant hell of his body, the sharp aching down his spine and the mewling pain in his heart.

When Perun knocked on their door Quix nearly jumped six feet in the air. Real-world perception had a sharpness to it that wasn’t present in their personal hallucinatory reality. A hallucinatory knock would feel like a call from down the hall- A real one feels like somebody’s banging two tin cans together next to their ear.
They barely manage to contain a gasp, though the sound of them jolting in their position on the bed can be heard from outside the room.
Perun’s words sound garbled and warped in their stimulant-addled ears. Something about it gives Allen the sickly feeling in his stomach that Perun is mad at him, and has come to kick him out, but the anger in Perun’s voice sounds soft and pliable enough to be recognized as hallucination.
Additionally, there was no way to connect β€˜Hello, I’ve brought you pancakes’ with β€˜I hate you and I want you out of my apartment complex’.
β€œOk!” They call uncertainly.

She eases herself out of bed, throws on some jeans and a white hoodie, and then exits her room. She zombieishly walks over to the collection of breakfast items, picks up a cup of coffee, and then slams it down in one go.

- Jon -

I grumbled to myself as I returned to the apartment to grab my list and shove it into my armband's pouch. I was a mess without Danielle and would continue to be one for as long as I live. I could hear the folks downstairs helping themselves to the food Perun laid out for them. I could smell the coffee and I longed for a cup. But it would be pretty rude to throw it all up into any one of their faces. I could hear everything too - my senses were elevated to their heights thanks to the nearing transformation. It gave me a headache thanks to the overload.

STRIKE!

Spurts of pain forced me to my knees, and then to the floor, hitting the table with my arm slightly. It's normal, I told myself. That's how it's always been. You know that, Jon. But, similar to the pain experienced during transformation, I could never prepare for it.
"Goddammit," I growled. "Why does that hurt so much...?" Was it even wise to start running now? I still had some chickens left for transformation prep. I could ration the meat a little until the day after and then go to the store. Something moved, and then the sound of smashing glass reverberated throughout the room. Danielle's framed picture had fallen front first onto the floor, lines of broken glass across her face.
"No, no, no," I muttered. I took it and went to the bedroom to put it away. Looks like a new photo frame was in order. Or I could ask the landlord for a spare to save me from buying another one.

Jon, you need to go on that run. If it ever happened that you needed to run away from a hunter, you need to be faster than them and also keep at that pace. Perhaps I could ask Perun where the best place was to get good picture frames. I checked again to make sure I had everything, left the apartment and went straight to the cafe. I saw Perun waiting for the first customers to come in.
"Hey, Perun," I began, coming out at first as a mumble. "Sorry to bother you and all, but you don't happen to know the best place to get a good price on picture frames, do you? Don't have to be all fancy or nothing like that, but just...nice looking, you know?" I missed the days when I was as cocksure as a raging bull, but then again, I also drove supernaturals out of their homes back home when I was like that.

Megilagor Megilagor

Last edited:
Diomis lounged in her hammock staring at the window as the light filtered through the sparse curtains; they were the best she could afford … no, that was a lie, she could afford much much better but then it would be clear she had funds, that she had employment and she was paid well. It didn’t disappoint her to keep living in this way; she liked the communal feel of it - it reminded her of days in her youth in the institute where she and Orasea could play and be free. They had nothing then and had the best of times.

Of course that was before they were tested. Before they were trained like militant soldiers to do the corporation's bidding. Truth was, she hadn’t even minded that work. It let her spend time with Orasea, allowed her to leave the confines of her apartment and see the city.

Even now she continued her work, different company, different agenda, same requirements: Go here, retrieve this. Stop them from taking this. It was a chore now that Orasea had no interest but they needed money so she kept working.

She glanced away from the window hearing the knock and Perun’s voice calling them out for breakfast and coffee. She smiled rolling out of the hammock and easily onto her feet. She tipped toed across the cold floors to the door where she stepped into her old sneakers. Already dressed for the day in a pair of airy tan cotton pants and light tee shirt, she tugged a knit sweater down from the hook behind her door, and wrapped it over her shoulders.

Dio opened her door in time to see Allen leave their room and shuffle towards the communal kitchen. She hesitated for only a second - she had difficulty communicating with their other flatmates, as many of them did not know any sign language and she couldn’t speak without killing them. Gathering her wit she stepped beyond the threshold of her sanctuary and into the kitchen just as Allen finished downing their coffee.

She gave Allen a half lipped awkward smile, waving hello followed by the sign she used for Allen’s name.
toxification toxification

Orasea slept peacefully, deep in slumber after a night of drinking and wandering the dive bars. Dio had been working so she’d entertained herself by entertaining folks at the bars. Manipulating liquids was easy by far and, as long as she kept a low enough profile, it didn’t attract the wrong kind of attention and paid for the drinks.

She’d stumbled home just as the sun was rising and slipped into bed still dressed.

Ora snorted awake at the knock and almost sing-song voice on the other side of the door. She frowned, bleary eyed at the wooden plank separating her from the communal space and after a moment of non-thought she sighed heavily and rolled out of bed noisily.

She groaned as her head spun. Closing her eyes she gripped the edge of the bed and waited until it stopped and she could finally stand and shuffle towards her dresser to change into fresh clothing.

The vines through the bricks of the building reminded Lance of home, but it didn't give him the same comfort. He was nervous, shifty, his small tail erratic in mild panic. Coupled with the moving van he had arrived in and the white box he held in his hands, it looked rather criminal with his intimidating stature, but the police would find nothing unusual save for the man himself. It had taken some time for his sensitive horns to get accustomed to the sounds of the city, but his teacher insisted that this would be good for him. He didn't wear his glamour that day either, also at her behest. She thought it best they see him as he truly was, and to only hide if necessary. She had never steered him wrong before, so he trusted her not to do so now. Still, the man couldn't say he fully understood her logic.

He shifted the small desserts box in his arms, dwarfed by his larger calloused hands, and took a few deep breaths to calm himself before a shrill voice would call out. The clicking of violet pumps met the concrete, stepping out and around the truck, along with the jangling of jewelry.

"Lance, darling! These boxes won't unload themselves! Well, technically, they could, but... Oh, you know what I mean! Hurry along, dearie, we don't have all day. You've got ingredients and foodstuffs back there, and the temperature enchantment will only last for another hour. What are you gawking at, anyway?"

Lance shifted the box in his arms to sign, not yet certain of the rules regarding magic.

I hear at least five pairs of footsteps in there, do you think I've made enough? What if someone wants seconds? What if-

"Oh, enough of your ninnying, boy! Everything is going to be fine! They'll spoil if you don't go in soon, so don't make me push you!" said the much smaller woman, the man arching a brow but he knew better than to question her on what she could and couldn't do, spiteful as she was. He adjusted his dark baggy clothes (as baggy as they could be, given his height and muscular build), shifted a few hairs back from his face, then faced his first challenge of the day. One last breath in, like he was diving underwater, then the greeting bell rang as he opened the door.

Quickly he searched for the pair of horns different from his own, relieved to find them but still anxious to see others gathered around them. He approached Perun, giving the others a wide berth both out of habit and to not bother them during breakfast. He set the box down to wave politely to him, quickly reaching for his phone and typing something the device would read aloud.

-- Hello -- Perun. I - have - samples. --
-- Please - everyone - enjoy. --

Then he noticed the other man who had approached the cafe owner, giving him a curious once over with his head and horns tilted inquisitively. The man reminded him of his martial arts teacher in appearance, but the face was definitely different. The gold glow around his steely irises overlooked what he assumed was one of the more normal looking patrons here, or perhaps his condition wasn't plain to see from the outside. Lance's nose wasn't as sensitive as his hearing, but his culinary training detected the scent of raw meat, salt, and something artificial. Deodorant, most likely, but the Au Ra wouldn't comment. A quiet pause of observation, then embarrassment as he realized he was staring. How rude of him! Then he looked outside, checking to make sure Miss Morgan hadn't seen him do that and wasn't on the way in to scold him for it.

He didn't want to bother the man further, so he turned back to the name and face he did know, clicking now in both his keyboard and in the small pair of heels that followed in after him.

--Deal - still - good?--

( Megilagor Megilagor quinnissocool quinnissocool @ Anyone else who wants sweets lol)

NanLia NanLia
Allen’s head gently raises as Dio enters their field of vision, like an ancient oxen gradually raising its head to acknowledge the presence of another being. His eyes are an odd contradiction of deleteriously tired and offputtingly wired. His pupils are shot like a stalking cat’s, yet his eyelids droop halfway down his gaze and drape over pink sclera. They’re shaking mildly at the shoulders.
β€œHi. Dio.” They speak with a steep choppiness. Every syllable and consonant comes out like Allen is sitting at the desk at the very back of his mind, rationing out as little energy as possible to every step of the word-making process.
They pause and stare for an awkward couple of seconds; Only to flash a weak smile. It was square enough at the corners to give away that it was forced; Not because Allen did not enjoy Dio’s presence, but because smiling was a necessary part of socialization that took far too much out of her.
β€œGood morning?” Allen keeps their eyes on Dio as they reach for their pancakes, wanting to ensure they see it when Dio signs to them. Their understanding was shaky, but they’d learned a few signs so far for the sake of their roommate.

Halo / "DAMAGE" (and Oxi too!)

"Hey, 'Angelcakes' you can suck my--"

Several midnight black ribbons shot out from her arm and in a heartbeat the slobbering words were slapped right out of the huge, hairy male's snout.

Lights flashed in rhythm and spotlights still swung around but the band had stopped playing and absolutely no one was dancing. Not after the air around the silvery headed woman flooded with chilling, odourless smoke and sinister, orange light burned away at the back of her neck.

The regulars were the first of the masses to make way for her while she imposed her will upon the situation. Noobs and casuals learned the hard way why she was named 'Damage' and were instantly run over by her fury and wicked whipping Demonic Steel. One drunkard was held in a hell of a headlock, blood sucker fangs biting deep into her steelbound arm but causing little effect. The larger of the pair was wrapped up and if not for the screeching of his bull-faced and sharp horned-head, it could be seem comical watching his thick legs running in mid air 2 feet off the ground.

Big black boots stomping, muscles rippling neath camo-coloured khakis, she burst through the swinging doors to the kitchen and marched her quarry, kicking and screaming, past the grill and ovens, past the dishwashing area and with a tremendous kick, she was stomping out past the back door. All the while the cooks kept working, non-plussed; just another rough night at Spark the Dark.

Only Okscana, the redheaded dishwasher followed them out, a bit of a worried scowl skewing her features. She just did not like the look on her silvery headed friend's face; nor the colours shifting in those normally iced blue eyes.

Pinned down onto the loading dock Damage held them in place, black steel ribbons coalescing into the blackness of the alley. Normally it would be just a gruff warning, a drop into the dumpster, a clap her hands clean, a straightening out of her tight black tanktop, a glance to ensure the nice tats on her tight bod were fully displayed, a readjust of her crisp ball cap and she would simply turn to head back to the front. But not tonight. Something was different about her for some reason... Agitated? Touchy?

Voice low, hoarse and barely restraining the fury rising withn, she leaned down low near the minotaur's raggedy, leaf-shaped ear,
"Tell me again... suck your what now...? Gotta' speak up. Can't hear you, bruh..."

Both supernaturals were on the cold concrete, struggling for air as the life was being choked out of them.

"Dammi... i-it's all good now... girl, they had enough... let 'em go..."

The big woman did not address her friend. Instead, she grinned a very dark grin.

"Oh, don't you worry... I'll suck somethin' away from you..." a second voice slithered its way into Damage's throat, a cold throaty whisper, accepting what was to be claimed with much glee. Ice blue eyes errupted into infernal fire, "...we own your lives. And now... we own your sou--"

"HALO!!" Okscana screamed out her friend's other nickname and began to sway and wave her arms about then shouted out in a celestial tongue: }}~α›–αš€α›–α›‹ α›α›Ÿ αšΊα›–αš¨αš‘α›–αšΎ!!~{{

But there was no Radiance summoned. It was futile for the redhead to even try. But the Angellic language was enough to draw the Demonic Symbiote's attention away from its prey and onto her. Damage dropped the pair of men; they lay out flat, coughing and wheezing as they flailed with no attempt to scramble away.

"...R-run... you sacks... g-go..!" Okscana was shaking badly as this half-friend, half-monster entity slowy turned to face her, a sigh that sounded not too unlike disgust escaping its throat. The redhead's knees nearly buckled when her trembling blue eyes met raging glowing orange ones. Oxi clutched tight her apron to steady herself and to resist the urge to immediately wet herself too. "I said: Run...! And don't you gonkers ever come back...!"

They did not have to be told twice. Down and into the dark of the alley then bumbled. The Symbiote paid them no mind; there was even tastier prey to be found. For a moment it glowered, savouring the fear settling in on the new target. The speaker of the perverted language needed to dealt with and its soul needed to be taken in their stead. They needed to feel--

"Hurt. That's it isn't it? You-- you left and it got bad... Real bad. But I know you won't do it again. Girl..." Oxi had found the reason why Damage was acting up tonight and in doing so she found the courage to speak the magic words to calm her, "...I loved him too. Come back to me now. Dammi. Please, come back... for him..."

The Symbiote's eyes flashed, blinked. Blinked again. The wicked ghostly orange flames suddenly snuffed out. Damage saw Oxi with her own eyes now. A few more blinks, a deep breath then she tore her gaze away, proud shoulders sagging a bit. "I... hey, man, I wasn't gunna do nuttin' to you... you know that...! Girl, you my girl."

Oxi let out a sigh of relief, rushed in and embraced her friend even though Damage tensed up again. "Don't ever forget that... and it's okay... I get it... h-he would've 25 too. And you know it's not your fault. I see you, Dammi..." she pressed her face into Damage's shoulder, and whispered gently, "...happy birthday, Charlie... right?"

"Yeah. Yeah.I see you too..." Blue eyes lost their iciness as she stared off into the distance. With a slow exhale, she relaxed and returned the hug in full, "...happy birthday, Charlie... gosh, I miss you... allways gon' be my boy, boy..."

For several moments longer they held each other then both turned to go back to work. Arm in arm, temples pressed together, they re-entered the Spark the Dark Pub.

blonde-braids-artemis-20220106121749925.jpg
onnecksa2-20220106124458658-20220106130800733.jpg
"Girl...! Ewww! No!! Get that thing outta' my caaaaaar-uh!!" Damage reached over and pressed on the button to pull back and stow the convertible top of Rumbler, her sweet, four-wheeled, cherry-red lust machine, "...Oxi! I mean it...!"

"Dammi... just a fairy drake... look! She likes you...!" the leather of the white passenger seat squeaked as Oxi leaned out and over into her friend. Even with sleepy bags under her eyes, soft blue eyes glinted with mirth. The whiskers sprinkled across the purple snout of the cat-sized dragon, prickled into the big woman's tattooed arm.

"Ugh! Now just what the actual fu-- It's tongue!! Ewwww! Get it out. Girl, it has no collar. No markings. That thing is sooooooo heat score! It probably even has diseases you just cannot pronounce, no cap! Giiiiiirl!! Ewwww-uh! It's tongue!! Ms. Okscana!! Get rid of it...!" Damage made shooing motions as the whip's white convertible top fully retracted exposing the not-so-welcoming smog-layered, purple haze; dawn's daily gift to the city.

"Fiiiiiiine-uh. Ms. Halo..." An over-exagerrated sigh, a little pout, a snuggle with words of apologies, then Oxi tossed the little reptile up and out overhead. A little melancholic hiss it let out before flapping off down the alley. "For such a big, fraggin' meat-breaker, you sooooooo girlie-girlie...! Hahahahahah... Sheeeesh! Put ya big girl panties on woudja?"

"You know how those things react to me sometimes... especially the rocky ones..." regardless of her gruff, bravado, Dammi wiped gingerly at the spot where the drake's forked tongue had licked her as if it were a wound, "...but for real tho! Dude! Look at the time... let's head on--"

"--to the Fabbie..!"

"Wait wut? It's not even open yet..."

"Nuh-uh. Perry said it gunna open earlier today...! Paaaaaancakes!!"

"Dude, eats right now? Really? Naw, man, I sooooo hear my bed calling me...?"

""Whatever, you not going' home... Call up Lens. See if they up n' sober..."

"Bet..." Damage punched on Allen's contact on the dash screen and waited. And waited. "Probably sleeping... Ox, look at the time..."

"Dun' matter. I want pancakes and you wanna make sure they chrome-AF."

"Yeeeeeeah... true, true.... A'ight then.... oh, I got you a little sumpin-sumpin'" the center console opened and a bottle of pills pushed up, "... so you don't have to jab no more--"

"Dammi! Dude! Wow! Thanks! Appreciate you-- wait. Dams... like I know you make bank with the side hustle... but how-- who did you get this from?!"

"Dun' matter. You want pancakes and I wanna make sure you chrome-AF."

"Girl, you sus but... I trust you. I'm here cuz of you."

"And I'm here cuz of you..."

"Uhhhhhh... I think this is the part where we lean in... breathe heaviliy... and kiss deeply and madly--"

Both womens' chins raised. Both met one anothers' blue eyed gaze; one soft, one icy, yet both sets shining and glinting. A heaviness in the air then:

"D'awwww! Who'm I kiddin'?! Hey, c'mere and gimme some of that stank oochie-coochie!! Hahahahah!!"

"Hahahahah!! Girl you wildin'! Get away from me before I punch your stank oochie-coochie-coo...!!"

Both woment laughed heartily as they hugged, ghosts of yesteryear lining their laughter with yellowing yearns of a much, much more innocent and golden time.

A moment of silence passed. A sigh. Then Dammi started up her red convertible and pulled away. Under the weakened light of the sun they drove off to the Umbra Fabula, wind sweeping away at their hair. Soflty smiling, they still kept themselves blankered in that warm comfortable quiet only two long-time friends could enjoy together.

rumbler-Alley.jpg

Last edited:
Perun looked a bit at Jon and thinking about his question and his current attire, but not wanting to pry into the life of people who live here without their approval he resisted asking about it. So he simply replied.

β€œHello, Jon. A picture frame you say, I should have some in the small apartment laying around, if you want I can look around for it, or you could when you get back from whatever you are preparing for. But before I do so I have to wait for a new renter, he’s supposed to finalize the contract and move in today. Speak of the devil!”

Then after talking Perun took a big sip of his coffee and setting it aside, he then waved for Lance to come in. Upon hearing his β€˜phone speak’ Perun opened the box to check the content, and it was confectionary a brilliant confectionary at that. He then took two pieces of documents from behind the counter along with a pen, then he handed it to Lance and said.

β€œHere read through the contract and sign on the bottom, one copy for you and one for me. And yes the deal is still good, even better now that I see what you bring to the table.”
Even a bit of a laugh left his mouth at his own joke before he continued.

β€œAs I said before, NO parrots here, other pets ok, you can sell your confectionary here and you will get money from it, of course, I'm not some devil. Or am I? Either way, when you read through it and sign it just give one back to me, I will give you the keys and you can move in, although I recommend unpacking via the back entrance it's bigger and it will be easier. Oh, when you do enter the communal space you can say hi to others they should be awake by now and eating pancakes.”
Perun replied to Lance's question, with a bit of over information and a small dad joke attempt in the middle, after saying everything with a soft and calm voice he swayed his head to the side as a puppy would, and he looked at the entrance of the cafe.

Interactions quinnissocool quinnissocool Jon, SmallSailboat SmallSailboat Lance

- Jon -

Ignoring the intense staring I was receiving from this bizarre-looking person, I continued: "Oh well if you got a spare lying around, that'd be great. I only need just the one," I said. "But it seems like y'all got some business here to take care of, so maybe this can be sorted out later. (I took a brief look at this...person) Hey, stuff looks good," I left the cafe through the main door, avoiding the gaze of the lady that seemed to accompany the baker. I could smell the sweets, and my stomach rumbled as a result. Why, I couldn't explain. My stomach would reject it almost immediately. I'd have to cope with simply looking and not eating. I started my jog, going about it lightly to avoid stressing out my ankles. Yet, a minute into the run, I could already feel a stitch making itself known against the side of my chest. I remembered reading somewhere that pushing the stomach out when running helped with the stitch but sadly nothing gave way. I pushed through for another five minutes until I had to stop, leaning forward and resting my hands on my knees.

I swore under my breath. No, come on, Jon. It's only day 1. It takes time to build on your fitness. The store wasn't that far away, so it was at that point that I decided to finish the run for the day. The butchers wasn't too far away, so I made a beeline towards it. The butchers was an inviting place - warm from the moment you stepped in. They all knew me in there and the tallest one with large ears at the counter yelled at an employee in the back to put together my order. In a moment of moments, I had five slabs of fresh meat wrapped tightly in plastic. After paying, I went to the store,
taking a basket from the front door. The sensory explosion made me fuzzy for a moment, but I broke through. I took two chickens and tossed them into the basket, two cans of deodorant (Shake Atala for Men had the best scent to hide that wet dog smell), and two large packs of toilet paper. I returned to the chickens and added another one. Then I got some more bottles of water. Can't be too careful.

"John?" A voice called. I looked around and locked eyes with a young man approaching me from the end of the aisle. Oh, god, that was Kyle Bowers...from back home. I could feign ignorance, but this guy I had known since elementary school. Why he was here, I had no idea. "Oh my god, John, is that....is that you?"

I backed away, walking towards the self-service checkout, but I felt a hand take me by the shoulder and turn me around. He looked straight into my eyes. "Oh my god, I knew it. John, it's me, Kyle Bowers. No way, you're meant to be dead, man. You killed yourself."

I took hold of his arm and drew him close. "Listen, I don't know who you are. I ain't who you're looking for. Leave me alone."

"If you ain't him, then pull up your sleeve there. I know you and your brother got tattoos from your dad's charity run," he said. "If you do that and there ain't nothing there, I'll leave you alone."

"I ain't doing anything for you, creep. Leave me alone, you hear, or else I'll-"

"Or you'll what? Lots of people here who'll be witnesses."

I groaned, letting go of his arm. "You stay away. I don't know who the hell you are."

Kyle gave him a stern look, but then backed away. "Sure, whatever...."

I watched him until he disappeared around the corner. If Kyle was there, then there must have been others from Ford-Belfort here. I paid for my groceries and left.

"John!" Kyle's voice boomed again. He darted over to me once again. "Listen, you're John Beston. I know that face. You look just like your daddy."

I stopped. "Kyle-"

"You know who I am. It is you! What the fuck, man?" he said, anger in his voice.

"You told me your name before. That's how I know."

"You are him. How could you have done that to your mamma?"

I thought about how I must have made her feel every day. The anguish at losing her son by his own hand...

"Shut up. Come on, let's not do this in the middle of the street."

We wandered into one of the alleyways. When we were out of the way of any prying eyes, I took hold of Kyle's neck with my free hand. "Kyle, yes, it is me, but if you say anything, I swear I will beat the living shit out of you."

"Why are you doing this, man? We've been friends since we were kids."

"Anyone else from Ford here?"

"No, it's just me."

"You're lying."

"I'm not-"

"You are." I dropped my groceries and slammed him hard against the brick wall. Some friend.

"Holy shit, you got strong all of a sudden?"

"Tell me!"

"Alright, alright, my brother's here with me."

"Dylan?"

"Yeah, only brother I got."

"Let's cut to the chase," I growled. "You are not going to tell anyone about this, you got it?"

"You have no idea what you did to all of us," he said. "Your mamma doesn't talk to anyone but your dad and the mailman. I never saw a grown man cry like your dad did after they found that letter of yours. We all looked for your body for months, then we had to give up."

I pursed my lips. "I have my reasons."

"And what are they?"

"I'm not saying nothing," I said. "Now, go away."

I broke away from him, backed away and pointed my finger at his face. "You will not say anything."

"You know these places are full of those fuckin' super freaks, right? Imagine you managed to-"

I threw a fist at Kyle's face. He hit the back of his head against the brick wall and slid down to the ground. I knelt and grabbed him again. "You want me to hit you again? Cos I will be depending on what comes out of your mouth next. You're not going to say anything about this, right?"

Kyle said nothing, but that was enough for me. I dragged him further into the alleyway and beat him relentlessly. I could feel a spurt of pain shoot through me again but tried to ignore it. I backed away and watched the beaten pulp I had left Kyle in. He was still breathing.

"So I'm gonna ask you again. You're not going to say anything about this, right? You never saw me."

He muttered something in between spitting out blood. I grabbed him by the collar.

"What?" I asked, giving his cheek a light smack.

"Okay, okay, I won't say anything."

"Good. And if I find out you did say something, I won't stop, alright?"

I returned to grab my groceries. I took out one of the water bottles and washed away the blood from my hands as best I could. I checked my clothes for specks, but couldn't find anything, thank God. I wandered back into the main street and returned to the apartment building. I kept my head down as I slipped into the entrance around back, went upstairs and left the groceries on the kitchen table. I stormed into my bedroom and took a deep breath. Why did I do that for? What if someone saw me? What if he does say something? Nah, not after that beating. He'd never. I put my head in my hands. Have I fucked it up? What if Perun finds out about this, about who I am, about what I am, and then kicks me out?

Megilagor Megilagor SmallSailboat SmallSailboat

Last edited:
Though Lance smiled in relief at Perun's answer, he didn't enjoy the devil joke the first time. The second one made him feel a little better, especially since he approved of Lance's creations, offering a shy smile to it. He took one out for him to try, insistent on it even, almost daring to offer it to the other male but by time he worked up the courage, he was gone. Oh well, perhaps it was for the best. It looked like he was going on a run, which Lance also liked to do but he did his before sunrise to avoid attracting attention to himself. It would have been a terrible idea to eat sweets before going to exercise anyway. Maybe he would want it when he got back? Lance didn't know, but he'd offer it if he saw the man again.

When the papers were presented, Lance reached into a coat pocket for a case of some kind- reading glasses, placed squarely above the thin line of scales that crossed the bridge of his nose. Reading the rules and regulations, his tail picked up at a discovery. His fingers moved in a manner similar to braiding or weaving thread, pulling and twisting to reveal golden letters on the table between them.

Magic is okay?

He sighed in relief with confirmation, his tail now lashing with the limbals in his eyes brighter.

Thank the gods! It's so much easier to talk to you this way! I wanted to tell you about the tarts I made: I think they go really well with that espresso I got from you last time, but I have other ideas! Something to pair with a richer, more complex taste for instance-

"Lance Qestir!" The purple clad woman called, making him flinch for a moment before returning to his more shy self. "Do you have your keys yet?" She asked, making him nod meekly once Perun offered them. He weaved to explain what the owner had told him, then he went off to pull the truck around with the expectation that his teacher would meet him there. That was when she took the time to introduce herself, jutting her arm out and up towards the man to shake hands.

"Good to finally meet you, darling! My name is Archmagus Cassandra Morgan, but you may call me Cass or Cassie if you like! I'm Lance's guardian and magic mentor, a pleasure to put a name to a face!" She cooed, reaching to offer said face a little pinch to the cheek. "I trust you'll take good care of him, won't you dear? He's as sweet as sugar, so you won't have to worry about him causing any trouble, but he can make cement look like styrofoam with how dense he is sometimes, so if something comes up you'll need to be as direct as possible. I'll give you my card, in case anything unexpected happens. He's insistent on taking care of everything himself, grown that he is, but he's also too proud to ask for help when he needs it-" She told him, fishing through an obnoxiously decorated purse for the card in question. She wouldn't wait for an answer before slapping it on the table, waving goodbye.

"It's been lovely, darling, but I have much and more to do today so I'm afraid I'll have to hurry along, but I'll be by to check on things! Goodbye for now!" She threw over her shoulder while following after her ward, the whirlwind of a woman gone just as quickly as she arrived.

Meanwhile, Lance had begun to unload his ingredients into the kitchen and inspect the workspace first, keeping a careful log of everything before he would head up to his new home. He poked his head in the door first, uncertain of how to approach the trio parked at the table, scarfing down breakfast. Again, he had the white box of desserts in his hands, his heart racing but with the distant sound of Miss Morgan's voice, he knew he didn't have much time before she really would push him inside.

Megilagor Megilagor toxification toxification NanLia NanLia

- Jon -

I got up and looked over to the window at the street ahead. Kyle's brother Dylan could already be out there, looking for me or at me. There was no way he could follow me. Kyle wouldn't have been able to tell him that. He'd be too busy spitting out his own blood to tell him anything. Or he could have seen me. I didn't want to put anyone in danger. Everyone was so nice to me. I pulled off my armband and tossed it in the corner of the room.

Calm down, Jon, one problem at a time.

I felt pressure in my chest, the panic, the stress. I stepped out of my bedroom and towards the kitchen. I took the last remaining water bottle and downed it before tossing it away. I remembered my training in college, and the psychiatric ward, and took deep breaths, whispering mantras to myself.

STRIKE. Transformation pains shuddered through me again, throwing me hard to the floor.

"Damn it," I growled. "No stress, no stress...you know what can happen when you get too stressed. You'll turn. You can't turn here. I'll hurt...kill someone...I'll be arrested."

I felt sick. Quick, quick, quick. I stormed to the bathroom and vomited into the toilet, bits of meat floating amongst the chundering. I sat back, another pain surged through me again, taking in each breath. I got up again, wiped away the saliva attached to my lips, and stared at my reflection. I imagined my mother crying. My breath caught up in my neck at the thought of it, and I wiped away tears with the back of my hand.

"I'm so sorry, Mom...for all the stress I brought you and Dad and Nat and Carrie...I wanna tell you..but it'll mean you'll wanna kill me, and I don't want the last thought I see to be your angry faces..."

I returned to the living room and slumped into my chair, massaging the bridge of my nose. What to do, what to do, what to do. Should I go to the bunker a day early and just spent the next day there? What if Kyle and Dylan followed me and revealed everything? What was to stop them from following me when I normally leave to transform?

Last edited:

"I told you it was closed. No online ordering available..." Dammi was pressing and swiping away at the dash screen while her car parked itself infront of the park, "...maybe we should just call in your order first? Allen would for sure contact us if they needed us anyways."

"Dude, relax. We just gunna be in for only a bit. I'mma eat and we check on Lens," Oxi peered outside the window, eyes darting about then pulled down the brim of her black ball cap lower over her eyes, "but like if ya wanna, you go check on them and I'll just hang with Perry since you wanna be all dis-n'ditch bitch with ya girl then. You wanna go home so bad? Girl, you don't even sleep--"

"Oxi. Girl, puh-lease. Don't you try to guilt trip me. I just wanna play it safe, 'kay?"

"Yeah, yeah... okay, I see you. But Dammi. Dude, chances are really, reeeeeally low that we meet with any of my "'Gelly" kind--"

"Okay don't go there. Do not take it there. This ain't a Demon vs. Angel issue so donchu pull that bloodline card on me," the big woman tossed her silvery braids over her shoulders, adjusted her pill-box cap then had a finger pointing and wagging at her friend, "Girl, out of all people, you know what's going on...! Straight up: I just want to play it safe. And if Lens' head not on right... my 'Mons is all agitated so it might get stupid fraggin' bad, ya feel?"

The redhead closed her eyes and sighed. One eye opened with a side-eye, then the other. Yes, she understood; Damage was fighting emotions again because of what day it was and because her Demon craved an Angellic being. But still, Oxi could not help but find it a bit insulting that Dammi would not just try harder to be civil if there was an Angel there rather than simply avoid them.

Another sigh.
"Feel ya, girl. 'Kay. We suss it out to see if it sus first. Then order. You good?"

"Good? Good-lookin' is wut I'm cookin' Hahahaha... naw, jokes, jokes. Yeah, we good. But this on your creds--"

"Wait! The hell!? Dude, why am I payin' for breakfast! I saw you gots the sweet tipout tonight!!"

"Your idea. My ride. Damn. Might even get me a frothy-frothy capper-chino come to think of it... long n' tall too! For real tho."

""Whatever, man... 'kay but I'm takin' half!! No sugar. Oh, and vanilla shot! And fake milk too!!"

"Eyyyy back up some, girl! Why don't you just order your own? Boss is frontin' the bill anyways hahahahhah!"

"Damn straight the 'BOSS' is taking care of this. Large and in charge! Now open my door for me, peon! And make it snappy...!!" Thin, tan fingers snapped twice in front of Dammi's face. The white leather seat creaked as Oxi tilted her head back so she could stare down her nose at her friend, expectant bitch look in full effect.

Damage bit her lower lip and shook her head with a 'you-are-sooooooo-lucky-we-are-just-playin' look on her face. A smack on the steering yoke, then she zipped up her black and green hoodie with much force before stepping out from the car.
"Yeah, you can get your own damn capper. And your own damn door too... 'boss.'" The car door slammed shut.

Oxi sat there a moment longer hooting and hollering away as she pointed at Dammi. The silver-heaed woman was strutting away; big black boots stomping off, vape igniting at her mouth then finally posing on the street corner like some badass. The redhead wiped at her eyes before zipping up her own white hoodie and stepping out of the car. Once more she lowered her black cap then pulled her hood over her head. White kicks danced past her friend and she finally stopped at the main entrance to the 'Fabbie.'

Oxi paused, shoved her hands in pockets, then slowly wheeled about-face, head tilted back. Down her nose she stared at Dammi as a lone hand slowly emerged and ascended above her head.

"You know... this door ain't gonna open itself for me. Wut."

"Oh no, no. No. Girl. Don't you dare sna--"

Oxi snapped twice then burst out laughing. She squealed then whipped open the front door moving as fast as her skinny ass would take her into the safety of the Umbra Fabula proper.

Perun:...he looked at the entrance of the cafe.

"Perry-pear! Boy, what is good, what is goooooood?!"

Oxi threw up both her hands and greeted the owner with double-handed waves as soon as she saw that she was the only customer here. She knew it would be absolutely fine, but still, she pointed over to her regular spot in the corner and nodded to see if it was okay to sit there.

Her nose scrunched up as she smiled at Perun, white shoes dancing over to her regular seat on the big, comfy couch, "Dammi's outside vaping. She'll join me in a bit."

The young woman took a seat and as per usual she kept the brim of her black cap pulled low and white hood up over her head. This was not merely stylistic, but a method of feeling comfort and secure in public for Oxi. Once settled, she whipped out her phone and texted Damage that it was all clear. Empty in fact. She then tilted up her head listening to the commotion beyond her vision at the top of the steps.

"Busy moving day already, huh...?" Both arms came up and she let out a big soundless yawn. Normally she would come here on days off, not after a closing shift. Yet despite the bags formed under her eyes, one could see the by spark in her eyes that she was alert and ready to go.

"Hey is Allen up n' around? Just wanna let them know that Ox and Dams are in the house..."

Just then the front door opened and Damage strut on in, eyes scanning the interior. And as per usual, whenever she got out of her car, that air of intensity followed her around until she got settled in. Chin lowered, eyes smoldering, lips pursed, breathing fluid, and walking around like she had no other intent but to hunt something down and kill it in cold blood. A curt upward chinbob she tossed at Perun before making her way over to Oxi.

She patted the redhead on her shoulder before sliding in beside her at the corner of the cafe. Again, she scanned the interior until the dark rumbling within settled down. Once she deemed the corner spot to be okay, she unzipped her black and green hoodie, removed her pillbox hat, put her key fob ring and phone onto the table and finally relaxed.

The chill in her eyes waned and she tossed another chinbob at Perun, this time, however a genuine smile crept up at her lips, "Bruh. Ey, P, what's the word this morning...? You all good?"

Last edited:
When Lance was asked about having keys Perun handed the keys to him.
β€œGo on.”
He said and pointed to the back, truth be told Lance's guardian took him a bit by surprise with the cheek pinching, it’s been a while since someone did that to him, and wasn't shocked by electricity.
β€œYour one scary lady miss Cassandra, my name is Perun Renee, and il tell you one thing I'm scary when someone messes with my people and now Lance is one of my own, as well as your’s miss.”
When Cass left her card on the counter he just put it in one of his many pockets and realized she had already gone out the door.
β€˜Well, that’s one problem gone, now to go get Jon that picture frame. But first, finish my damn coffee.’
He wasn't even able to act upon his thought for after finishing drinking the coffee he made for Dammi and Oxi barged in one after another into the cafe.
β€œGood enough I dare say but don't know for how long though. Sit down your couch is yours let's just say.”
Perun took a deep breath and pulled his fake horns off and put them on the counter before continuing.
β€œYeah a new guy is moving in, he will help me a bit in the cafe, confectionery, and whatever else he can bake so a sweet deal I dare say.”
Said proudly while cutting the tart brought by Lance into three, he then plated them, made some strong but sweet coffee for the ladies, and brought them their coffee and two plates of the tart.
β€œHere ya go for now! Will fix up something better for ya later.”
He said then returned behind the counter and started eating his part of the tart, of course sending a smile back at both of them.
β€œAllen should be up and eating pancakes by now. All’s good with me, although I don't know how long I can handle Allen looking like a living dead, I'm worried for him ya know. I should go and tell him your here, he will take care of you two for a bit, I need to go find something in the storage for one of the tenants so be good, will ya!”
As he finished eating the tart he was given he entered the back of the cafe went up the stairs a bit spotted Lance being a bit nervous just standing there in the door frame.
So he walked up to him grabbed him by his shoulder and pulled him along into the room.
β€œEveryone listen up. He is our new mate his name is Lance, he bakes delicious confectionary. He even has some with him right now. Oh yeah, Allen Dammi and Oxi are in the cafe if you can take care of them for a bit I gotta find something up top.”
As quickly as he said that he left for the main staircase and went upstairs to the middle apartment, opened its doors, and walking as carefully as possible he traversed this hell hole of a storage room where one bad move would cause you to be buried under it.
'I need to clean and sort this place someday, but it will not be today.'
He thought to himself while weaving around all the stuff, finally, after five minutes he dug up a picture frame a nice white one with rose decals, he then took another five minutes to get out of the room and locked it up.
Perun shook all the dust off himself that accumulated on him in the last ten minutes, and he knocked on Jon’s door a few times, not wanting to leave such a nice picture frame on the floor he used his keys and opened Jon’s apartment, came inside and saw Jon sitting in a chair so he said.
β€œHey, Jon here’s your picture frame. You look, sick man, if you need something do tell me I mean everyone is here for ya. Well, maybe not the two in the cafe since they don't know ya.”

Interactions: BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Dammie & Oxi, SmallSailboat SmallSailboat Lance & Cass, toxification toxification Allen, NanLia NanLia Diomis & Orasea, quinnissocool quinnissocool Jon.

I jumped when someone knocked at the door - I must have dozed off for a few minutes. The stress over Kyle and Dylan must have made me tired somehow. I was about to get up when I could hear a key jiggling in the lock. I took a deep breath. No way, they couldn't have found me. Impossible....the door opened. Oh, thank God, it's Perun with the picture frame. I wish he could have just pointed me in the right direction, and I could have gotten it myself. He was busy enough as it is. I got up and went over to him to take the picture. It was beautiful.

"Wow, this is real nice looking, Perun, thank you," I said, admiring it with a smile. Danielle would have loved it. "Oh, I'm just a little under the weather, is all. Probably a cold or something going around. Nothing y'all need to worry yourselves over, but thanks for the concern. Talk to you later."

When Perun left, I went to my bedroom to take Danielle's photograph. Gently, I placed it into the frame and admired it before placing it by the bed again. It fit perfectly. It must have been expensive for a picture frame with all these little rose details.
I had to show some appreciation somehow. Going down there to mingle with the others was one way of doing it. I'd have to figure out a way to decline food politely and it would be even more difficult with the budding chef's arrival. I had to do something. Perun went out of his way to do that and I didn't do anything in return?
I got changed out of my running clothes and into some jeans, my long-sleeved football jersey (a thing you could also wear as a normal shirt) and a zip-up hoodie. I took a deep breath and left the apartment for downstairs. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I instantly felt regret. How was I going to introduce myself or say...anything?

Oh, hello, I'm Jon, I've only interacted with you guys whenever I needed something. How about that Sharks game last week, huh? If any of them liked football, then I'd be saved.

I walked into the communal area, and suddenly it was as if I had forgotten how to stand properly or talk. I took a quick look out of the window, hoping Kyle or Dylan weren't there. Thankfully, I saw nothing. Dylan was a mountain of a man the last time I saw him. There was no way I could have missed him in a crowd. I took a quick glance at everyone I could see, and none of them looked like they would want to talk about football. My Rolodex of ice breakers had already run out.

(Jon's in the place with everyone now, so he's free for interacting with)

Diomis smiled at Allen's acknowledgement; she appreciated it since she often kept to the background when all were about; it was easier to watch and listen than to try and interact. Communicating was clunky at the best of times and she felt like she dragged out the fun of the activities. She could see the exhaustion in their face and the way they moved around the table gathering breakfast on their place.

No sleep. She signed before picking up a plate of her own and adding a few pancakes to it as well, she wanted to say more but Perun burst back into the apartments to announce another roommate to join them. She blinked at the new comer and waved politely, letting Allen speak with them as she continued to gather her breakfast and coffee.

The spinning of Orasea's head eventually stopped and she meandered to her dresser to carefully peeled the clothes she'd worn out the night before (and slept in all night). She discarded them on the floor, noting to herself to pick them up later and dressed in a pair of comfortable clothes for the day. Already outside her door she could hear voices; she thought she had heard Perun calling them for coffee and breakfast but now she heard him again introducing someone. She could only assume that both Allen and Dio were up - neither slept much.

Ora pulled the door open and winced at the light of the room assaulting her eyes, it gave her pause before she stepped out into the common room. "Morning," She mumbled, shuffling directly for the coffee.

quinnissocool quinnissocool Megilagor Megilagor toxification toxification

Allen nods at Dio.
β€œYeah, me neither..” He sighs deeply, his head tilting to the left a bit. His eyes creep open into the shape of wakefulness, giving a jarring contrast in their face. Wide eyes that so obviously wanted to be shut looked unnatural.
β€œHey, if you want, knock on my door next time you can’t sleep.” Her voice was hoarse and trailing just behind a normal pace. β€œI’ve got movies, recent ones on VHS. I’ve even got a TV that autogenerates subtitles…” In a moment of lapse, Allen forgets that Dio is mute, not deaf; Despite the fact that she’s speaking directly to her. She blinks lazily and rubs her eye, opening her mouth to speak again before being jarred to attention.

Their head whips around like they’re responding through a car crash. The presence of… three?… new people in the room made Allen feel like they were inside of a hyperbaric chamber that just kept getting tighter and tighter.
When Allen hears that Dammi and Oxi waiting for them a wave of relief rushes down their back. All other information falls out of their head.
β€œOh, yeah yeah, I can do that.” Allen gives a quick nod. The motion alone unsettles her stomach.
With a slight grimace, she turns back to Dio. β€œHey, I’ll catch you later, I’ve got- movies.” Without giving space for response, she shuffles out of the room, pushing past anyone in her way without notice, eager to get somewhere comfortable and familiar.

The lighting in the stairwell and the echoing of Allen’s steps hammered into Allen’s skin. It was utterly sickening, but they had to keep their eyes open. Don’t keep your eyes open, you stop seeing what’s there. Very dangerous on a staircase. Very dangerous indeed.

It doesn’t get much better once they enter the actual cafe; The world was rendered in stark contrast, like a poorly balanced early 2000’s movie. The details were all wrong; Words were showing up on signs that Allen knew could not be there, the corners of walls festered with worms, and a coffee stain on the floor gave the entire ground the appearance of being molded.

He knew it could not be the case, however; No level of inebriation could scrub Allen of the impressions of how clean Perun kept the store. The uncomfortable sights before him were just that; Uncomfortable sights. He did his best not to let them bother him.

Just then, she spots Dammi and Oxi.
Instantly, she gets a pang of embarrassment in her stomach. Dammi and Oxi were… Well, beautiful, and profoundly well put-together. They were inspirations to her, in many ways, and had even done a great deal to help her get comfortable with feminine clothing and makeup.
Realizing that she was wearing a dirty white hoodie and a pair of jeans that she’d been wearing for two days, with her long hair terribly unkempt and greasy, her skin tangibly dry and pallor, made her feel mortified.

However, it would only feel worse if they let on that they felt this way. Rather than turn tail, change clothes, and/or hide like they wanted to, they raise their hand at the two and continue towards the corner table with a renewed hesitancy.
Once she’s close enough she dared to open her mouth to speak in a hoarse manner.
β€œHey, guys.”

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo

Miss Morgan would only meet Perun's answer with a giggle, giving him a small note of gratitude before she went back to help Lance. Said Lance was panicking in the doorway, surprised to find that it was him who pushed him in and not the smaller woman. He froze in panic as Perun introduced him, avoiding the direct gaze of anyone he thought might find it rude, which was everyone. He watched as the one known as Allen left to visit their friends downstairs, unable to tell them that he had a tart for them too. Another one that might want it when they get back, he supposed he would find out. It took him a few moments, but the click of Miss Morgan's heels up the stairs hurried him into putting the box down on the table. He gave a small wave back to the woman left at the table, gesturing towards the box to ask if she wanted one. He would place it in front of her if so, if not he would leave it in the box. Then another woman arrived, looking strikingly similar to the first one. Twins, perhaps? He had never met twins in person before, how interesting. She looked hungover, however, so he kept his light a distance away to avoid hurting her. He would have used his phone, but he understood well what it was like to be sensitive to sound.

Good morning. Would you like a tart?

He asked tentatively, hoping the two would take some so he could gauge initial reactions and possibly make improvements. Surprisingly, his tail picked up when he recognized the man from earlier, now a little warmer.

You can have one too, if you want. It looked like you were going on a run before, so I figured this should wait until you got back-

Then Miss Morgan came in, her voice high and considerably less considerate of the current guests in the room. "Lance, I need you out of the doorway, my dear, you're blocking the way!" She called, making him move immediately. Boxes began to float in on their own, a sigil glowing in different places on the cardboard as she stepped in behind them. "Really, darling, do you have to take so long? I had time to enchant the boxes, waiting for you down there! Much better than going up and down those steps all the time, anyway. I only marked the ones not intended for the kitchen, so you won't have to worry about shop things up here, but you'll still have to sort through them on your own." She told him, dusting herself off and finally taking a look around. "Oh, hello ladies! And gentleman," She smiled towards the clearly uncomfortable manas though she hadn't noticed. She repeated her introduction from before, though didn't include the parts about Lance. He had to ask her where the cats were, making her give a noise of alert then a jolt down the steps, faster than anyone would have expected her to move in that outfit. She placed them on the table, then bid Lance to kneel down and let her place purple kisses on either cheek before waving goodbye. He wiped it away as soon as he was out of her sight, but it would be on his sleeve for a while longer. The boxes were filtered into the room Perun had listed for him, with a guiding hand from Lance until they were all in. He would unpack later, or rather he would start with the kitchen first and finish his personal things later.

The cats, in their cursedly smarter nature, knew how to open the lock to their crates. Pawing it open to release themselves, to Lance's chagrin, they immediately burst forth and flew out, inspecting the area while dodging Lance's panicked hands. Thinking that he was playing with them, they fluttered about with wide playful eye and found themselves heading downstairs, making their owner's heart drop to his stomach. Hurrying down after them, he did manage to catch the pair before they could cause mischief, and the hold he had on the scruff of their neck told them they were wrong: He definitely wasn't playing, and they were in trouble. They shared a silent staring contest before the pair relented, letting Lance tuck them in his arms to be brought back up. Another thing that looked a lot smaller in the musculature of Lance's arms and torso, more built like a weightlifter than a bodybuilder. Then he noticed the one known as Allen again, along with the others that Perun had called Dammi and Oxi. At least that's what he had assumed. This time he took out the phone, as Allen hadn't seen his magic yet and he wasn't sure if Perun's customers were accepting of magic like the man himself was. Normally, 'Dammi's' body language would have sent Lance running for the hills, but in this case, it made him nearly want to beg for forgiveness for daring to be in her presence, despite that he could hold his own in a fight. 'Oxi' didn't intimidate him as much, but he sure as hell wasn't taking the risk with the woman next to her who was probably at least thinking about killing him.

--Sorry-- about - them--
--Won't - happen- again--

quinnissocool quinnissocool Megilagor Megilagor toxification toxification BuggaBoo BuggaBoo NanLia NanLia

I went to get a glass of water just to have something to hold onto rather than to enjoy a drink. All these smells and sounds were so overwhelming, and I wished this all could have happened on a normal day when I wasn’t a day away from transformation. I’d like to think I wasn’t making my discomfort visibly known.

I saw Lance, looking like a nervous wreck, and felt bad for him getting thrown into the spotlight like that by Perun. Some people though need that shove to mend that anxiety, but creating a safe setting beforehand to help them would be a better start. I smiled when he acknowledged my presence, and…offered me one of his tarts. It looked real good. Before this, and if I hadn’t been the type of person who would have tried to beat his ass, I would have devoured it, and then taken more home for later. But I couldn’t. Eating it and then immediately throwing up would have been rude, and I didn’t think this one needed any more reasons to be nervous around people. I had to get used to how this guy talked.

β€œAww man, I’d love one but…I’m on a strict diet. (I patted my stomach, which once again jiggled slightly at my touch) Sorry. They look real good though. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of happy customers.” Then that bizarre woman who accompanied him came in to greet everyone. β€œHey,” I said before taking a sip of water. Whether she heard me, I had no idea. This woman was a lot though. I felt even more sorry for Lance. β€œDo you want me to help you with them cats or the boxes or setting up, Lance? Gotta feel like I’m doing something useful round here.”

SmallSailboat SmallSailboat

Last edited:

Dammi tapped her knuckles twice on the table the second time he said it, blue eyes lighting up her smile that much more. She had to look away lest she give away that it tickled her whenever Perun said his "I dare say..." phrase. So adorable.

Under the table Oxi's white shoe kicked Damage's black boot. The silvery-headed woman just gave her a 'what' look. Oxi smiled back, scrunching her nose in agreement. Yeah, it was adorkable afterall.

Perun: β€œHere ya go for now! Will fix up something better for ya later.”

"Thanks, Perry," Oxi eagerly reached for her fork and plate once the cafe owner dropped off the tart on their table. In a flash a single bite was taken and Oxi's eyelashes fluttered open and closed, barely ablely to contain her joy, she spoke with her mouth full, "dude! Did you make this?! I never seen this on the menu and it's good. Damn right, Dams?"

"Yeah, yeah it's really good..." but for as long as she had been coming here, Perun knew that Dammi's 'taste' for things were not the same as other's palattes since she really did not need to eat. But still, the woman could appreciate flavour, "goes good with the coffee, fo sho..."

Perun: β€œAllen should be up and eating pancakes by now. All’s good with me, although I don't know how long I can handle Allen looking like a living dead, I'm worried for him ya know."

Both women took pause; just before Dammi rested her mug down and Oxi mid-bite. Damage glanced towards the door leading to the upstairs area and stretched her neck to the left, "Let me guess... Sleeping problems..."

Perun: "I should go and tell him your here, he will take care of you two for a bit, I need to go find something in the storage for one of the tenants so be good, will ya!”

"Yeah, yeah, fo'sho, Perry," Oxi said and the thought of pancakes left her mind; if Perry was worried about Allen and vocalized it, there was really something wrong. But still, "...eh, Dams you gunna eat that...?"

The big woman cracked her knuckles and slid the plate of untouched tart over to her friend and called over to Perun as he made his way over to the counter, "Eyyyy... P, anything you need anything done regarding Allen's health, just remember I'm always just one call away."

---

As soon as Perrun left, in traipsed Allen looking like a ghost of a ghost of a ghost of themselves. No wonder Perun spoke up; Allen was there in body... but those eyes... Both women slowly stood, Dammi forcing a smile and Oxi ringing her hands as well as the napkin she held.

Allen: Rather than turn tail, change clothes, and/or hide like they wanted to, they raise their hand at the two and continue towards the corner table with a renewed hesitancy.
Once she’s close enough she dared to open her mouth to speak in a hoarse manner.
β€œHey, guys.”

Both stepped up to their waif-like friend, Oxi returning the wave and Dammi hugging Allen, regardless of how they smelled and of course, if they would let her hug them. Damage was used to the disheveled and unkempt ways of Okscana when she first pulled her off the streets and helped get her clean. As soon as Dammi felt good about where Allen was in the here and now physically, she breathed deeply and held a genuine smile for Allen.

"Yo, Lens..." Oxi slid up to their friend smiled and tried to slip an arm around them, "hey... it's pie n' coffee time! Wanna sit with us? I'mma probably get a capuccino soon so I'll be chillin' here a while."

"And yeah so I was gettng worried so I called. You still have that phone I gots for you right?" it did not take her long to see that Allen had not slept. My gosh how many days now? Once more she peered around then leaned in close and lowered her voice.

"Ey, here. Bruh, take this. I gots somethin else for Oxi and this should help you too, okay? It's only five tablets right now. A bit of a tester, I gunna say. Supposed to knock you out and 'null' you. Just take one for now... see how it goes. You should get 8hrs out of it and no... no 'witchy' side effects while you out. It's from a 'Restructuring' lab. Ey. Lens, don't worry, its effects are temporary. It ain't no 'cure'--"

Oxi smacked Damage's arm, "The hell is fraggin' wrong witchu?! You be givin' us laced chips from XTC?! Dammi, I reeeeeally don't know--"

"Ox. Girl, not so loud...! Back it down some too. You know they work. You know they work...!," Dammi, turned away from the redhead and put a hand on Allen's shoulder, "Al. Bruh. 'Kay, listen. You don't gots to take 'em but... they are there if it gets bad. Hey and if you wanna... I will be there with you if you do decide to drop--"

Tressyms: ...they fluttered about with wide playful eye and found themselves heading downstairs, making their owner's heart drop to his stomach. Hurrying down after them, he did manage to catch the pair before they could cause mischief...

The sight of the pair of the flying cats had Oxi squealling and bouncing up and down in delight.[/COLOR] "My gosh,my gosh, omigosh!! They are soooooooo ADORABLE!!!"

Dammi on the other hand, stepped away from her two friends and stared at the fuzzy things. Winged things. Flitting about lightly. Not really Angellic beings-- a darkened smirk pulled up at the corner of her mouth --but close enough.

The big woman's chin lowered and black, odourless smoke began to waft away from the back of her neck. The fabric of her right arm pulsated and swelled up as if whatever was beneath there was in intense throes of pain... or ecstacy.

As soon as she took a single step forward, her head jerked to the side swiftly as if slapped and she doubled over.

"No... noooooo... they... noooo... they innocent... no Radiiii--" Damage's voice sounded really strained and hoarse. Both Allen and Okscana would be able to hear the warbling of a second voice peeking through as Dammi spoke, "...sooooo sorry... but Al ...We gotta go. ...We reeeeeealllly gotta go!"

Damage literally flew out of the cafe, nearly taking the door off the hinges as she flew in a bee line for her car.

"Dams! HALO!! Girl, awwwwww--" Oxi hastily unzipped her own white hoodie and passed it over to Allen, pulling them in close, "there's cred vouchers and other things you might need in the inside pockets. Tell Perry to put what I owe on my tab, 'kay? I'll be back, Lens!"

--Sorry-- about - them--
--Won't - happen- again--

"Hey all goods, right...! That's Dammi. My friend... she... she uuuuuhhh... forgot her tampons, hahah...? By the way, your tressies are sooooooo insanely cute! But I gotsta go check on Dams now. I'm Oxi by the way... later...!"

The redhead snugged down her cap tight, blew Allen a kiss and bolted out the door after Damage.

Diomis flushed at Allen’s quick reply - inviting her to their room in the midst of the night if she couldn’t sleep. It was a kind gesture of theirs, though she doubted greatly that she would ever accept it. Most of her work took place in the deep night and she only returned to apartments just before sunrise.

It was suddenly becoming crowded in the common room with the addition of Orasea and three newcomers. Ora could never make her feel out of place but the new people put her on edge. She cautiously returned the untouched plate to the table, opting to each later and stepping back to give the others space to gather their meals.

Dio was quickly amazed by what she witnessed, the largest of the newcomers using some sort of witchery to display words in a shimmery golden font. She glanced towards Ora quickly, signing her disbelief.

Are you seeing this too?

Orasea groaned at the growing noise of the common room. She’d poured herself a large mug of black coffee. She cuddled the ceramic warmth to her chest, bringing it to her lips to sip at as she watched the chaos of the common room, paying special attention to Dio. She knew her β€˜sister’ well, the more people that surrounded them the more she retreated into herself.

She was surprised to see Dammi and Oxi leaving so quickly, almost as quickly as they arrived. A disappointment but at least she knew Dio would relax a bit now. Ora smiled at Lance and his display, nodding to Dio as she questioned whether or not she was hallucinating.

β€œYes, Dio. I see it.” She smirked at Lance - β€œAre you mute too?”
quinnissocool quinnissocool SmallSailboat SmallSailboat toxification toxification Megilagor Megilagor

Lance gave a small shy smile back at the man gripping his water for dear life. While he may not have been trained in anything medically, he also knew anxiety when he saw it. He normally would refuse the help of out of courtesy and not wanting to inconvenience a stranger, but if anyone understood the man's current plight it was Lance, even if he wasn't aware of the reason.

If it's really no trouble, only one of the boxes has my personal effects. The other two have my workout equipment, if you wouldn't mind unloading that. I can set it up myself later, but if you wouldn't mind putting it in the corner I can get started on it when I get back from the kitchen. Actually, I need to find Perun, I have more questions since we'll be sharing kitchen space...

The glow of his words faded off, trailing away as his fingers slowed to a halt in thought. Anyway, that little load should be enough to make the shorter man feel more at ease. Lance's workout collection was surprisingly well used but treated with care, with weights going up from ten to hundreds of pounds. Forgetting a moment just how heavy some of the things in there could be, he thought it would be a small task.

Oh! I feel I should ask your name at least, before asking favors of you. What can I call you, and do you have any food allergies I should know of? I handle a lot of ingredients, exotic and otherwise, I wouldn't want to put anyone at risk. I also cook my meals myself, so if something smells good or if you get hungry, I won't charge for meals from the community kitchen and I don't mind to share.

He tried to smile a little wider to be inviting, but it came out awkward as he scolded himself. What the hell was he saying, and why was he talking so much?! He let the man go before he embarrassed himself further. The bench press, the treadmill for when he didn't want to go out in the rain, a pull up bar and a few other things. They had clearly seen use, but were well maintained and kept clean. He also had stacks of wraps and chalk, but the strangest thing was a metal sculpture, dented and twisted in certain places which weighed a fair bit on its own. It might have resembled an animal once, but it was solid metal. It was supposed to be at home, but his teacher had floated it into the box anyway. Gods knew she couldn't lift that thing on her own, only someone of Lance's strength could comfortably handle that thing. What was it doing here, though?

quinnissocool quinnissocool

Then Lance had his attention turned to the twins, bracing himself for the usual reaction but was surprised that they seemed... Okay? With it? At least he thought so. One was now known as 'Dio', the other unnamed. He hadn't seen Dio signing while talking to Jon, but he felt a little at ease with everyone taking the news of his magic and presence relatively well. His answer was practiced, like he had answered it a thousand times. He hadn't yet connected how the two women were communicating, so he simply nodded and appeared a little calmer than before.

Yes, I can't speak. My vocal chords developed differently, so the most I can do is a whisper if I really try, but it's uncomfortable. I can sign, but I can never get the mouthing right, so this is easier for me, if it's all the same to you-

NanLia NanLia

Then came the cats' great escape, cutting Lance's conversation short and sending him off down the stairs to watch the other two ladies leave. He had a sense for malicious intent and an extensive history with it, guarding and preparing to defend the cats from her, even calculating how to minimize the risk to Allen and the shop with the instincts of a fighter, but before Lance could do anything, the two women left.

He blinked, glad the woman at least didn't want to hurt anyone, but rather seemed to have something dangerous trying to take control. He looked to Allen to check if they were alright. Well, alright as they could be, but their small weakened frame concerned him deeply. It reminded him of a time in his past he'd give almost anything to wipe away from existence, his stomach churning a little to carefully approach them. Granted, this was another case where the reasons and history behind it was vastly different, but again he found in someone something he could relate to, to a degree. Silver eyes trimmed in bright gold haloes cast over the smaller person, brows a little knitted in worry. He stepped carefully, well aware of how intimidating his presence could be. He asked his three words, but the question held a little more weight than was necessary for the present moment.

-- Are - you - alright?--
toxification toxification

β€œSure thing. Name’s Jon. Jon without an H,” I said looking towards the corner he wanted me to put the equipment. β€œAnd I appreciate the offer but I have my own separate apartment on the top floor so I don’t share a kitchen just to let you know. And I have a special diet so I’d rather stick to that if that’s alright. Sensitive stomach too. Please don’t take offence about that.”

The urge to tell him I was allergic to pretty much almost everything was tempting but I let the temptation pass. I set down my glass of water and went over to the equipment stored away in boxes. I knew I could lift things real easy, thanks to…the wolf, but I had to make it look as difficult as the average slightly tubby human guy would view it. I wasn’t a good actor but I could give it a try. I started to pick up the boxes, moving them over to where Lance had told me to leave them. Thankfully, the next spurt of transformation pains only popped up before I was about to set the boxes down. On top of that, they weren’t as painful at that moment. To my relief, it would help me a lot as it would merely look as if I was pausing for breath. I’d set it down briefly and continued until I had finished.

I wandered back to ask Lance to see whether there were any other boxes to pick up, but he seemed busy with someone else. I returned to my glass of water and looked out of the window to check whether Dylan was there or hanging around. Thankfully he wasn’t. I also hoped I wouldn’t come across that woman Lance came here with. She seemed like someone who would talk your ear off for ages.

Last edited:
There are a blissful few moments when Allen feels herself being embraced by her friends. She felt her chest ease. She closed her eyes and softly hugged them back.
Just as she felt at peace, they retracted. She opened her bleary, adrenaline shot eyes back up and stares at the two of them in a mild bewilderment.
Oxi slid up to their friend smiled and tried to slip an arm around them, "hey... it's pie n' coffee time! Wanna sit with us? I'mma probably get a capuccino soon so I'll be chillin' here a while."
Allen slides both of their hands into their hoodie pockets and nods gently. They ease into Oxi's arm, though it's only able to come to about shoulder height on their back. "Yeah, yeah," They clear their hoarse, quiet voice. "I'd love to." They blink slowly, hoping to clear the oil spill specters of irritating color from the floor. Without the most immense focus their voices began to dwindle into an alien prattle slipping further and further away.

"And yeah so I was gettng worried so I called. You still have that phone I gots for you right?"
Allen practically jumps to attention; His neck lashes around to view Oxi, panic drawing pointillated, rippling black diamonds into the air around her head. "I- Uh..." He trails off, trying to figure out which of his wild tracks of thought about the phone was the real one. Visages of a phone dropped, shattered, lost to a lake, stabbed with a knife, eaten by Perun, and disappeared quite literally into thin air played out in his mind's eye with a convincing gravity, but there was a laciness about all of them which indicated that they may all be dreams or hallucinations. They were like the thread marks left in even a fine linen when held up to the sunlight.
Finally, an opaque memory presents itself- The phone resting uncharged on his desk.

"Oh, shit- My charger broke." He rubs his left eye. "I was gonna go get a new one today..."

Truthfully, he was waiting until he could get some shut-eye to restock on everything he needs. He didn't trust himself to handle a coffee maker at this point, let alone speak to a cashier. His world had grown too hectic; 'Twas like every face of the room took him into wildly different tracks of thought that were utterly incompatible with each other. A friend could forgive such a stark misunderstanding of reality; Strangers were not often so kind.

"Ey, here. Bruh, take this. I gots somethin else for Oxi and this should help you too, okay? It's only five tablets right now. A bit of a tester, I gunna say. Supposed to knock you out and 'null' you. Just take one for now... see how it goes. You should get 8hrs out of it and no... no 'witchy' side effects while you out. It's from a 'Restructuring' lab. Ey. Lens, don't worry, its effects are temporary. It ain't no 'cure'--"
Allen's head drifts over to Damage. She cocks an eyebrow at this offering, her face souring mildly with every word. Certainly, if anybody had motivation to 'cure' themselves, it was Allen... Yet still, she found herself repulsed with the edges of normalcy she'd dipped her toes into thus far. It was akin to resigning yourself to eating a cold, grey gloop all your life, when you have access to an unlimited supply of candies which only sometimes have shards of glass inside.

Still, though, safe spaces for her abnormal sleep patterns got scarcer by the day... She'd resign herself to using these as a last resort. It'd be better than adding another ten or so grand to her debt.

She chews on her right cheek and looks back and forth between Damage and Oxi. She gives a nod, only to have her attention grabbed by an absurd couple of flying cats. She nearly disregards these as hallucination until she notices that her friends have taken notice of the creatures, as well. She barely flinches when she hears those tell-tale signs of Damage peeking through Halo's human-passing veil. This was not unusual for her friend, and did not phase her in the slightest.

She does release a hearty sigh as she watches her zip back into obscurity, knowing it's too late to protest. "Bye, dams." She weakly nods. She grabs onto the edges of the coat and flashes Oxi a warm smile. "Thanks, girl. Come back when she's feeling herself, if you'd like."

Allen droops as they both leave. In her stupor, she does not realize that she is standing in place and staring straight out the door of the cafe, floating on the electrostatic cloud of her own internal noise. Again, a strange babbling noise, metallic and clanging even in it's subtlety, slices through her field of attention.
She turns, not too slow and not too fast, to glance at this individual. They scrunch their face as they attempt to place the individual. They hope desperately that this is one of the new roommates; If they are not, Allen's memory is failing on a new level.
"I- Yeah," She rubs her face. "Long night. You?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back