• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Space pirates (reboot)

Jagson

One Thousand Club
The Galaxy is on fire. The system that has held the peace for a thousand years has unraveled. Governments from across the galaxy do battle leaving trails of destruction in their wake.

This is not that story

In the wake of the Second Galactic War governments aren't able to protect civilian convoys or even planets that where once heavily defended. This has lead to a new age of piracy throughout the Galaxy.

This is the story of one such pirate crew as they carve their way threw the galaxy. Seeking treasures and riches beyond their wildest dreams. Finding friends and enemies along the way

Space pirates, a classic. You say this is a reboot? How did the previous iteration go, did you enjoy it?

Short. Both of the previous versions ended after a few posts as people would stop responding.

Hmm, my interest has been piqued. How many players are you looking for this storyline? Any kind of particular character that you are looking for? On the flipside, a character type that doesn't fit. I have a character (there is another Future based character although I've not used that one in many years) in mind and a companion robot.

Six not including myself. I have a few roles in mind first officer, engineer, a couple of fighters, a doctor, and a Helmsman. As for how you want to spin them for your character is completely up to you.

What is this character you have in mind.

Six? Sounds like a nice number.

Anyhow, I have an anthropomorphic gorilla that I have been using for futuristic-based storylines. I did use him for a modern-day superhero storyline once though. He is a genetically engineered character made by his “parents” and was originally raised from birth to be their assistant. They named him Durango. However, they grew to love and cherish him over time as their son. When he turned 16, he was adopted and was given a complete name.

The futuristic variant of Shane Marconi grew up in a colony named Marfa located on a frontier world where his mother is a doctor whose specialty is genetics, and his father is an engineer. Shane's interests and experience and knowledge leans to the mechanical though. Shane's skills are in computers and in programming. His age is roughly mid-twenties and would probably be the youngest in the group. Newly added to his character profile is a humanoid robot named Mendel who was originally built by his father to be a buddy since Shane was friendless growing up. He enjoys designing holograms for amusement and is a hobby of his, but could serve a more useful purpose other than entertainment.

For this storyline, he could assist the doctor or the engineer as needed. He could also help the fighters since he is somewhat stronger than a human his size.

alright I’m in. Last time didn’t go so well, let’s hope it works this time :q

Character sheet

Lore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back