• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
pirateRP.png
UP TO 7 ROLEPLAYERS - FAIRLY CASUAL POSTING TIMES - HIGH FANTASY/SCIFI

the STORY
The ship, Leke Glass is captained by Vertua, a broad-shouldered vampire known for always having a rotating crew. Why? His crew doesn’t rotate because they die, rather because each of his voyages ends in success. Giving his rather small crews enough riches to live comfortably. Only his first and second mate have stuck around for the past five years.

Captain Vertua hasn’t ever kept many hands on deck. In part due to the size of his ship, and largely because he wants to know his crew members well. He keeps around seven hands on deck, eight if he includes himself. It is the crew’s responsibility to take on more than one role on the ship. No one is excused from chores based on their status, and everyone may be tasked with priority ventures even if they sit low on the pole. He likes people with more trades than one.

In this story, Captain Vertua has already gathered a new crew (you guys) for his next voyage to the rumored Creator's Cradle. A nickname given to a supposed artifact in the depths of space, causing some kind of anomaly about it. He wouldn’t have taken a bite into the whispers of the place if it hadn’t been his broker being so adamant about the location, considering his broker never having lied to him before. Captain Vertua didn’t take any of the information lightly. He studied, took time to speak with others - including those with scholar status, and purchased maps to its location. More than one map, as none were able to show its exact location, what with the anomaly. He thought perhaps using them all would help achieve his objective. And, eventually, he got enough information to confirm that Creator’s Cradle may be real, and he could be the one to sell it off.
What he needs? Well of course his first and second mate, both having near the same authority as him and all the information he wished to divulge. His new crew, which ideally consists of those capable of weapons, a variety in power and intelligence, and a kind of self motivation they provide for themselves (of course a dash of adventure may help). Leke Glass, his small, speedy ship with a stomach made of what appears to be stained glass that can sail the voids of space and the crashing waves of water. Lastly, and most importantly, a direction, which he has acquired along with everything else.

LekeStained1.png

the UNIVERSE
Imagine a mix of Treasure Planet and high fantasy. There are ships in space and multiple planets involved, but the species are less alien-like and more so fantasy. Weaponry can range from blades to guns, bullets to plasma, but I would like to avoid lightsabers. Think about how your character would manage as a pirate.

Technology you’ll find is steampunk plus some modern devices that appear to be futuristic with still that steampunk touch. This means, if you do have an idea that you are uncertain would work, just ask. We can make it fit.

The people in this universe have all the issues and successes as you’d see here, on Earth. Just imagine that widespread across multiple galaxies and planets, and with species of all kinds.

You’ll learn more as the story progresses.

the SPECIES
FAIRY ...
ABILITY - Powers of Mischief
. Tend to have multiple pairs of eyes
. Pointed ears
. Colorful wings
. On the taller side

PIXIE ...
ABILITY - Breathe in Space
. Clear/white wings
. Pointed Ears
. Slightly shorter than a human

SIREN ...
ABILITY - Power of Voice
. Ability usable in water and space
. Has legs and long, fish-like tail
. Skin can be uniquely colored
. Stands human average
. Long tail adds extra length

AQRABUAMELU ...
ABILITY - Usage of Venom
. Scorpion-like Tail
. Skin can be uniquely colored
. On the taller side

VAMPIRE ...
ABILITY - Memory Gain
. Gains memories of a person through blood consumption
. Vision does better in dark, and worse in light
. Sharp teeth
. Slightly taller than a human

HUMAN ...
ABILITY - Power of Senses
. The five basic senses are heightened
. Height... uh, human averages

DEMON ...
ABILITY - Power of Temporary Love/Hate
. Ability may be thwarted by a strong mind
. Ability is not forceable romance-
-- it is the willingness of someone to aid you or to attack you
. Long tail and horns
. Averages human heights

ELF ...
ABILITY - Power of Healing
. Pointed ears
. Otherwise very human-like
. Varies widely between short and tall

BEAST ...
ABILITY - Animal Matching
. Ability matches that of chosen animal
. Appearance varies greatly-
-- werewolves, satyrs, minotaurs, even anubis-likenss

the EXPECTATIONS

from me
I’ll be playing NPCs, more so guiding and letting the story build with your inclusion in it. I’ve a direction, but I want it to develop due to the characters, rather than the story forcing the characters to develop. Though, I imagine it’ll switch on occasion.

I’ll be playing as the Captain and Leke Glass. Yes, the ship. I’ve deemed the ship as its own character. You guys need to know when the ship is attacked, hit, lurching, etc. I won’t leave you guys guessing if the deck has been blown up or not.

On occasion, not often, I’ll be rolling to see if something makes it. This will usually be when I’m happy with either direction something could go and decide on it being unpredictable. Interaction between rpers characters will never be rolled.

I'll answer all questions, help where I can and try to make your ideas work. You are creating a story just as much as I am.

from you
A character, consisting of one or two of the species below. A mix is fine, so long as it isn’t OP and story-breaking. If they are capable of something incredibly strong, give the character some kind of drawback to consider.

Readiness to get to know one another. The first and second mate will automatically know Captain Vertua, but the rest of your characters will likely have never met. That is, unless you decide ahead of time for some characters to know one another. They could be friends, siblings, previous crewmates, once passed each other on a dock or complete strangers; just make sure you flesh it out with one another prior to the rp beginning.
I’d also love all of you to be willing to ask me questions either through private messages or the OOC chat. I’d much rather you feel comfortable with your roleplaying and I’ll never just shoot down an idea, we’ll have a discussion.

Lastly, I expect at least 2 paragraphs once a week. I don’t need you posting everyday. I don’t want this rp to stress you out for time. If you are going to be busy one week, just let me know so we can properly include your character without you losing track of anything. Meaning: having your character follow another one. Be captured. Having a talk with the captain. Etc.. Your character can be somewhere and still involved.

the RULES AND SUGGESTIONS
  • Try to post at least once a week with at least two paragraphs (Less is understandable if something needs to happen.)
  • Do not godmod - don’t control others' characters and they won’t control yours.
  • Avoid being OP - give hits and take hits. You can be strong while still having consequences.
  • You don’t always need to be involved. Sometimes it is nice to sit back and just exist in the rp. If you feel like you’ve nothing to give during a moment in the story, take that moment to gain instead. You could use it in the future.
  • Can romance happen in the rp? Yes, but follow RpNation rules.
  • Uh… follow RpNation rules in general, aye?

Info updates
∆ Other species are welcomed, so long as you ask me and we make sure it fits. I will try to avoid altering as much as possible.
∆ Express your interest if you wish to be first or second mate, as those are roles that will be directly involved with the captain.
∆ Character sheet will be fairly simple, but will be available to post once five people express interest.
∆ This is a mix of technology/magic
∆ Listed powers are simplified to give room for your imagination. Take them and think of a cool twist

Last edited:
are we limited to creating characters only of the species listed? I have a mind to RP as a space goblin if you'd allow it. I'm not particularly interested in the ones listed, and if alt. species to human are allowed, i usually go with something non-human.

Last edited:
are we limited to creating characters only of the species listed? I have a mind to RP as a space goblin if you'd allow it. I'm not particularly interested in the ones listed, and if alt. species to human are allowed, i usually go with something non-human.
I'd be down if we have a discussion about your species. I want to make sure each species has a specific ability, so we'd need to think of what would fit with yours.

I'd be down if we have a discussion about your species. I want to make sure each species has a specific ability, so we'd need to think of what would fit with yours.
okies. well, here would be her profile in Docs format. I'm sure we can augment it to better fit the setting. Lemme know what you think

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite . So how's this? It will all make sense if you read the profile I linked in my last comment.

GOBLYN ...
Racial Norms:
  • Short stature (adults range from 3 to 4.5 feet in height)
  • Generally, Goblyns are simple-minded and skittish
  • Can see in the dark/low light. Glowing Irises.
  • Excellent hearing, on account of their large ears
  • Resistance to Radiation and Industrial Toxins

ABILITY - Inherent Technician
  • Seem to have an uncanny understanding of how technology works.
    With enough Goblyns on hand, you can fix almost anything
  • Especially keen on mechanical intricacies
    • Also adept at repairing electronic hardware

Murdergurl Murdergurl I'd say also add resistance to radiation and the such. I'd say that's even more of an ability that helps with the uncanny understanding.

Besides that, I'd say imagine her a little bit more pirate-y, as in equipment-wise, as the rp is definitely more down that road than sci-fi appearance.

As for background and stuff, I will not be requiring anyone to put down a background for their character unless they so wish to, assuming it'll be uncovered in the story. You can choose to worry about it later to help it mold into this universe better. That's up to you. Otherwise, she fits quite nicely!

Info updates (as well added to the original post.)
∆ Other species are welcomed, so long as you ask me and we make sure it fits. I will try to avoid altering as much as possible.
∆ Express your interest if you wish to be first or second mate, as those are roles that will be directly involved with the captain.
∆ Character sheet will be fairly simple, but will be available to post once five people express interest.

Murdergurl Murdergurl I'd say also add resistance to radiation and the such. I'd say that's even more of an ability that helps with the uncanny understanding.

Besides that, I'd say imagine her a little bit more pirate-y, as in equipment-wise, as the rp is definitely more down that road than sci-fi appearance.

As for background and stuff, I will not be requiring anyone to put down a background for their character unless they so wish to, assuming it'll be uncovered in the story. You can choose to worry about it later to help it mold into this universe better. That's up to you. Otherwise, she fits quite nicely!
okies. I edited the Race thing to include what you asked. It will take me a bit to come up with a different aesthetic, though. First, to create it. And then to turn it over into a profile. Question: How are we addressing the protection from the vacuum/cold of space? It's been more than a few years since I saw the movie, and I don't really recall how they dealt with that.

okies. I edited the Race thing to include what you asked. It will take me a bit to come up with a different aesthetic, though. First, to create it. And then to turn it over into a profile. Question: How are we addressing the protection from the vacuum/cold of space? It's been more than a few years since I saw the movie, and I don't really recall how they dealt with that.

This will be done with a mix of technology and magic. It'll be a core contraption in the ship that will take care of that. Something your character could frequently take charge of as well.

Info Updates 2 (added to the original post)
∆ This is a mix of technology/magic
∆ Listed powers are simplified to give room for your imagination. Take them and think of a cool twist

so no "light-sabers" means like no energy-based melee weapons? Are power-swords and such allowed? just curious

so no "light-sabers" means like no energy-based melee weapons? Are power-swords and such allowed? just curious
Energy-based weapons are allowed, though I suggest adding a steampunk edge to them. I say no lightsabers as I do not wish for people to create characters based on Star Wars versus a whole different story. That, and I generally encourage self-made weaponry!

Energy-based weapons are allowed, though I suggest adding a steampunk edge to them. I say no lightsabers as I do not wish for people to create characters based on Star Wars versus a whole different story. That, and I generally encourage self-made weaponry!
Photonic cutlass? Hard light blade sharpened into a curved blade?

i was thinking more along the lines of blades made of adamantium-esque metal alloys that are charged to a superheated degree. In this stage they can slice and dice through hardened armor, etc.

ugh.... So I'm having a really, really hard time with my goblin's aesthetic. I can't quite get the "steampunk" look going, whilst also looking a bit naval/pirate, AND still having me like the way they look.

Count me in, I'll be a beast gladly.
I think I will try to stray away from a combat focus and instead try the more politico road. Negations and solving problems through discourse.
To be clear are these beasts shapeshifters or they only have one chosen form?

Count me in, I'll be a beast gladly.
I think I will try to stray away from a combat focus and instead try the more politico road. Negations and solving problems through discourse.
To be clear are these beasts shapeshifters or they only have one chosen form?

One chosen form, that being said, the amount of 'beast' in them can vary, especially if they have other genetics in them. So someone could just have a tail, while others could be a full blown beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back