• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Space 'Nam: The Marines

Axel The Englishman

The Holy Crusader
Space 'Nam: Characters

This thread is intended for those who are interested in Space 'Nam and wish to construct their characters. Please direct all Space 'Nam-related questions to the interest check.

Main Thread
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/space-nam-the-first-of-them-all.325617/

Character Sheet:

Full Name:

Place Of Birth:

Date Of Birth:

Ethnicity:

Physical Appearance:

Role:

Previous Employment:

Background:

Extra Details:

Everything detailing the roles that are involved with Space 'Nam can be located right here.

Roles:

Team Leader - The sod in charge of the Fireteam. Just an average Non-Commissioned Officer, boasting the rank of Master Corporal. These lot come packing the SA72V2 Assault Rifle, equipped with the LW2160 Underslung Grenade Launcher.

Designated Field Gunner - Perhaps the most deadliest component of each Marine Fireteam. These bastards provide the suppressive capabilities of the Marine infantry, equipped with a MEFW66 - about four barrels of sheer fuckery. These lot have been blessed with the humble rank of Advisory Corporal.

Assistant Field Gunner - Every Designated Field Gunner's best friend. These unlucky few have to carry 520 Kilograms of .50 rounds - a total of 10,000 bullets to spend in total. Fortunately these lot have been mechanically aided to carry 1146.4 pounds of metal. You wouldn't expect much from a human without such tech. These lot carry the standard SA72V2, minus the UGL. AFGs can normally be found to be between the rank of 1. Junior Private to Private Advanced.

Rifleman - The most underrated bugger of every Fireteam. Whilst they do not appear to stand out from the crowd, they make up the most versatile Marines of the Infantry. The standard issue weapon of each Marine Rifleman would be the trusty SA72V2. Like the AFGs that came before, these bunch are found anywhere between 1. Junior Private and Private Advanced.

Last edited:
Full Name:
Bartholomew Christian Achterberg

Place Of Birth:
Greater Workinchest, LA-332

Date Of Birth:
30th, January 2150 - 22 Years Of Age

Ethnicity:

Caucasian

Physical Appearance:
1602998d24ccc3dbfc89b459ee1dcb93.jpg

"This is the face I make when somebody asks me to lighten their load."

Role:
Assistant Field Gunner - 2. Junior Private

"Over 1000 pounds of the same shit that you're gonna waste in 2 minutes, if even that."

Previous Employment:
Franke And Sons Cargo Harbour #122 - Employed as a Mechatronic Exo Cargo Pilot.

Background:
Just your average lad, if you were to ask anyone that didn't have the slightest clue on who Achterberg was. Except he really wasn't. His background is a little shoddy to be fair. Multiple run-ins with the Colonial Police. Once for Grand Theft Auto, twice for attempted burglary.

This guy grew up with the wrong crowd, you see. And by crowd, that would mean Barry Achterberg. The nightmare of the District, he was. Known for his serious criminal record - landing him 22 years behind bars. The subject is a little touchy.

There was only one place that would employ an Achterberg with a criminal past; a place where nobody cared where their employees came from. That place is Cargo Habour #122, by the way. Good thing the Mechatronic Exo Systems didn't need qualifications. Bartholomew would have been stuffed there.

It was about 2170 when the lad decided to enlist with the Marines. The pay was better, and food was free and the accommodations were on the house. Besides, what kind of problem is a little revolt going to propose?

Extra Details:
Bartholomew appears to have some words streaking across his left forearm, consisting of "Integritate, Et Animum Et" - the motto of the Corps of the Colonial Marine Commandos.

Last edited:
"Don't know if you can't tell yet but I don't give a shit, now lets get to work"

812b863e75a0a90bfb01a8dce1c52617.jpg

Full Name: James Harrison Fuller

Place Of Birth: Lower Rexford, LA-288

Date Of Birth: January 7th, 2149 [23 years]

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Physical Appearance: James stands at 6'1" with a solid, athletic build and naturally grey hair. On his left shoulder he show a tattoo of a reaper and scythe.

Role: Rifleman ranked at Private

Previous Employment: Foundry grunt

Background: Let's just say this, rough. He had a large family and he was the youngest, so he would have to fight to get his word out. Rexford was not a good place to raise a family anyway, especially Lower Rexford. The city was known as the "2nd Pittsburgh", with the main export being metals. His father and oldest sibling worked in different foundries across Lower Rexford to support the large family's needs.

School wasn't much better in the early years. Being rather small before he was 13, he was bullied, picked on, and it was just an overall bad time. He was able to keep his grades high but his athletic standpoint didn't come till later. Once he hit his big growth spurt, the following year he was legend. People could barely recognize him. He went from 5'6" to 5'11" over the course of the summer, his hair became more grey, and he began to grow a beard. Life got a little better before he had to go to work.

Stuff took a turn for the worst as he was employed by the same foundry as his father. It was rough work as he was in one of the lowest quality foundries in the city. The were not many precautions made to decrease accidents so he was basically working with a high chance of loosing his life. About 13 people died when he was working there. He absolutely hated working there. It was hot, extremely loud, a tedious work. He needed a way out.

He found the Marines about 2 years ago and so far he's loved it. Much better pay, he was still risking his life but he could defend against the danger this time. Choosing to stay a standard rifleman because of his head-on, aggressive attitude, James proved himself as an effective soldier who is ready to mess some shit up.

Extra Details:
Tattoo
download (15).jpg

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

COLIN-FARRELL-Portrait-02.jpeg

Full Name: Stuart 'Stu' Mcintosh

“Not the apple, ye' lunkhead.”

Place Of Birth: Edinburgh, Ireland, Britain

“Yaes, t'was moy birdplase.”

Date Of Birth: 2145, 13th November | 27 years old

“Certainly older than yer' arse, lunkhead.”

“Half-English, Half-Irish.”

Role: Squadron leader | Field Sergeant

“Aye, I'm yer' boss.”

Previous Employment: Unemployed | Ex-convict

“What can I ever do? The army was getting desperate.”

Background:

“Back away from my history, mook!”

It wasn't no damn utopia in the future, you can rightly ask Teddy McIntosh about that; life was hard for ol' Teddy. His father was a deliberate miser who gave all his inheritance to his equally miserable sister, his mother met her death from the resultant shock. Thus, Teddy was left to his own devices, and proceeded towards Edinburgh to start a new life.

It was a bit right at first — Ted might've been a poor guy in general, but he was an educated man. He bagged a job as a salaryman, going door-to-door and selling insurance shit. The people liked him, the company treated him fairly, business was modest — Ted was a reliable guy, after all. Life was decent, and while Ted couldn't bear the sight the rampant corruption that was slowly spreading across the world, he could live with it.

Ted soon met a girl, and he had been meeting the girl for a long bit of time. Married her eventually, and without any further ado, had a kid. It was only really a year after the marriage, quick business as they say.

His firstborn, named 'Stuart' after his grandfather, was devilishly ambitious — and not in a good way. Stu'a childhood was spent loathing the simply bore that his father appeared to be, and cracking petty schemes to earn quick cash. His father highly disapproved of it, but was too much of a lunkhead to do anything about it.

Eventually, when Stu was in his teens, the kid started to dabble in criminal affairs — became a sort of delinquent. Went to the local jail a couple of times for robbery, once for burglary — and to be honest, the cops went easy on him because his father was such a good guy. His mother, tired of Ted and tired of the troublesome Stu, eventually filed for a divorce and left. Ted was too much of a lunkhead to do anything, Stu was too fiendish to even care.

Uninhibited by his eagle-eyed mother, Stu's criminal status ascended to new heights — battery, beating up kids, taking muthav drugs. Stu didn't care, he never cared. Eventually, he and his friends were arrested and charged with sexual assault and robbery — all four were thrown in the slammer. The simple-minded Ted experienced a heart attack, and died alone in his house — he was only discovered five years later by an aged and humbled Stu.

Stu had learnt a lot of shit in his time in the slammer, maybe even redeemed himself a bit. It was a shock to come home and meet his father, rotting in his chair. Ted was a good guy, and while Stu loathed him, the kid had to admit that he was pretty decent. He was a community man, did free shit for his neighbours, wasn't the general nuisance that Stu was. And still, nobody noticed that he was downright, fucking dead.

After that incident, a jaded Stu did whatever he could — though he was unguided — before finally selling off his father's house, storing the money in a bank safe, and going off to enlist into the army, before later transferring to the MCC.

That was the least he could do now. It was the least...

Extra Details:

“Lunky lunkhead motherfucker.”

Has a strong, almost obsessive, habit of calling others 'lunkhead', usually men from his own squadron.

Alcoholic, likes to drink rum a lot.

Last edited:
Full Name: Glenn Geronimo Friendly.

"Can't I just do a middle initial?"

Place Of Birth: London, England.

" ... "

Date Of Birth: 2147 - December - 25

"One present a year ..."

"Have you heard of the concept of white guilt?"

Physical Appearance:

Glenn Friendly is short at 5' 7". He has slumped shoulders and slightly greasy black hair. This is due to the fact that he reads constantly and unconsciously rubs a hands through his hair whenever he's thinking, resting, stressed or listening ... or distracted ... or amused ...

He wears glasses that are about a prescription too strong for him because he doesn't know that he can see quite well. As such, he squints and stares. His eyes run, giving him the look of someone with hay fever, which he blames i on and thinks that he has.

His uniform and fatigues are a size too large for him, including his boots, having had his shipment orders mixed up with a Psychotic Penal Case of a Marine named Glenn Garfield Fielding. This makes him appear more clumsy and awkward than he is, although he is genuinely clumsy and awkward.

Role: Designated Field Gunner.

"Haha! You're kidding. Right? Ay, c'mon ... what about the big guy outside? ... ... ... A degree in engineering!? C'mon ..."

Previous Employment: Book Keeper, Safety Inspector, System Administrator, Warehouse Handler and Forklift operator, Paperboy ... Hall Monitor.

"How far back should I go?"

Background: "But that's ... personal!"

Glenn Friendly was always industrious and hard working, even at school. He always wanted to fit in but was hopelessly inadequate at sports, useless around girls and terrible at getting his mum to let him buy his own clothes. As a result, he became good at the other things. Academia and games opened up a world of possibility for him in University. He studied Philosophy and hung around with Pure Math Students, English Literature Students, pooled their knowledge and invited them into an interesting and complex world of his own imagining. He became a pacifist. Joined social and academic groups, and worked on his self-development.

By the time he was ready to leave university, he was making contacts and learning the fundamentals of how business operated. He was finding his feet in the world and ready to take the game development world by storm with a product of his own design, a marketing strategy unrivalled in the history of Terra and powerful friends to help him piece it together.

Then he reality of student debt hit him ... and instead he was forced into a series of steady jobs that he hated which eventually culminated in him getting drafted to the Colonial Marines. It was here that he was accidentally sent to a penal unit, designated for dangerous duties, owing to an administrative error (aforementioned) in the department that he was, in fact, intended to be stationed.

One can only wonder at the fate of Glen Garfield Fielding, previously sentenced to 15 years under court martial to the care of the CMJU (Colonial Marine Judiciary Unit) for attacking and biting a senior officer in a fit of psychotic rage. He assumed that he was being sent to another Holding Unit when he was informed of new transfer orders, now he finds himself in a book-keeping cubicle, in a uniform a size too small for him, staring at a screen covered with complex book-keeping algorithms while all around him, his colleagues stare in his direction and mutter ...

Extra Details:

Pvt Friendly's nickname at school was "Action Man!" due to his love of miniature table-top war-gaming, which he mistakenly shared with the rest of his class, in a rare moment of self belief and trust. Their reaction crushed him, bitterly.

He likes Pepsi, philosophical chit-chat and Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps. He doesn't like Diet-Carbonated-Beverages, Totalitarian Regimes or shouting.

Last edited:
I thought I might occasionally drop in write-ups of how Glen's doing in civvy street.

Poor Friendly. He's one of nature's victims. I look forward to seeing him victimised ... and how he reacts.

"Good Luck Understandin' me."
"I'm actually making it simple for you."

upload_2017-4-15_14-1-8.jpeg
Full Name:

Jack Lewis Watson

"Nothin' fancy."

Place Of Birth:

UK, Scotland, North Kessock

"Sweet home."

Date Of Birth:

2141 - February
[ 31 Years Of Age ]

"Don't ye' dare to comment on me' age."

Ethnicity:

African Scottish
(The scientific terms were pretty racist)

"Heh."

Physical Appearance:

Casual build, No massive muscles, but goes to the Gym daily. Pretty light.

"Its impossible to get me Proper Muscles."

Role:

Rifleman

"There goes my Doctor's Degree."

Previous Employment:

Unemployed

"Wanted to be a Doctor, Never Worked out."

Background:

As a casual individual learning for their Doctor's degree who became a Marine does show something went Wrong.

He as a normal person never fully thought about the outcomes of the real world, He participated in small Thefts but once he got caught right before he was going to Graduate basically ruining his life due to the fact that the world has plenty of doctors and if a Doctor is not a Clean record Doctor what is the point of getting that Doctor?

Early on in his life, he was a Son of a Drug dealer Mum and Normal Father, But sadly that Father killed a Rival of his. Causing the father to go to jail for the Killing. The mother was caught causing him to lose his Parents, then he'd go to Foster to Foster families. None of them really enjoyed having a Hooligan with a Horrible past, But he did not want his Family's past to shadow his future. So he'd start Studying heavy, But being in multiple Foster families he never had a long stay in the same School.

He'd then be let out the Foster family (Which he stayed in for a quite long time) onto the streets where he basically had no Money either a house to stay in. So his last option was to be a Marine in the Forces.

"Whats wrong with me being Fostered?"

Extra Details:

As a person with a quite harsh past, he sometimes has a Anger issue if anything is talked about him or his Past.

(Please say if something is wrong with my Character, I'm Lackluster due to the fact that I'm planning to reveal more in RP)​

Last edited:
The structure of the unit follows that if real U.S. Marine fireteams. Meaning no snoipers. But the closest you'll get to a huge gun would be the Deisgnated Field Gunner, firing 6000 rounds per minute and carry an ammo container that is twice the weight needed to crush a human skull, assisted by an exo frame for compensation of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back