• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Space exploration

StarFritzQuasar

One Time Luck
First it was the toxic gas that cleansed most of Eastern Europe of life. Society began to fall into ruins immediately. Then it was Mount Everest being destroyed and raining shrapnel over several surrounding countries. Humanity had been reduced by massive amounts already. Then the seas turned red with blood and began washing over every major coastline across the world, towns and cities were drowned. Then every full moon creatures would spawn out of shadows all over the world to attack the remaining scared few locked away within their homes. No place was on Earth was safe.

The year is May, 2018, and humanity is faced by several extinction level factors. Approximately 60% of humanity was wiped out by August of the same year. The remaining world powers clamored for a plan to save themselves from the oncoming threats. There was nowhere to go but up, and gazing upon the stars was frivolous for it was time to join them. Every world leader left came together to launch the remaining remnants of humanity into space with an advanced A.I. system capable of generating food and clean oxygen. Humanity however, found no solace among the stars, for most unfolded into hellish forms.

Several space stations containing countries worth of people were lost crossing a sector of deep space, lost by the Starspawn, living star like creatures capable of untold destruction. Passing the trials on Earth, then in space past ultimate existential threats they finally reach a sense of peace. Although by this point humanity only numbered in the hundreds of thousands. Less than a million humans exist now across the entire universe. By now the year is December, 2020. Those left that do celebrate the now meaningless holidays are preparing for them. Shops around space stations decorate and certain sectors put up lights all around. On New Years Eve (a meaningless concept no longer being within the solar system and having no sun revolving around them), E.C.S. (Earth Civilizations Ship), receives several dead transmissions from an unknown free floating object coming with range.

Upon recovery, it appeared to a sleek capsule of sorts propelled by a now useless ion drive. Within this capsule was what appeared to be a blackbox. When the information of said box was uploaded into super computers the entire ship fell deathly silent. For within, it contained around 2,300,000 distress signals from long dead civilizations spread across the universe. Humanity had been traversing among dead planets all along, with every distress signal and cry for help the dates got closer to present, and the location got closer to Earth. The final transmission being from a planet wiped out on E.T.S. (Earth Time Scale) June 2017, from a planet four solar systems away.

This mystery has humanity attempting to make contact with any other races living and finally they do, on E.T.S. October 2021, you are a member of a special team designed to meet or confront any alien life.

Basically you are the main character, I am everything else. The world, ""NPCs"", etc. The story is mostly involved with learning more about alien life and uncovering the secrets of the box overtime. There's no real mechanics but a given characters skills, talents, and other trails will be taken into consideration with every encounter.

Looking for long term partner who can at least reply multiple times I day. I am concerned not with reply length only that clear effort be put into them. If you have any ideas, suggestions, questions, or comments, I'd be more than happy to try my best to appease them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back