SP3CT3R's only character

SP3CT3R

seven foot frame, rats along his back
Personal Area

Name: Fang (His birth name translates to this, but sounds like an expletive in the common tongue.)

Race: Human

Class: Elementalist (Pretends to be a barbarian)

Appearance: Fang is super buff (Magic steroids; it's a thing) and stands at 6'6", making him pretty freaking tall. His skin is tanned, the color of that perfect golden-brown toasted marshmallow that you din't have the patience to make. His hair is black with a white streak and long enough to reach the bottom of his shoulder blades, (He likes to style it, so the style isn't consistent) and his eyes are gold. There's a tattoo on his upper right arm, and three scars running vertically through his left eye.

Outfit: Fang wears a fur loincloth (which goes all the way around, so it's technically more of a kilt) that goes down to his knees, secured by a leather belt. He has boots that go up to his knees, and leather bracers that cover the entirety of his forearms. Both are lined with fur. On his chest, Fang wears a leather harness with a pauldron attached to the left shoulder. His head is covered by a horned metal helmet that covers his entire head, save a small slit for his eyes, and a fur cape covers his back.

Personality: Fang acts very loud and proud, and likes to show off. However, he's all talk. He actually gets scared by his own shadow, and loses his composure faster than you can kill a slime. He's very excitable, and makes rash decisions for a chance to show off, but rarely commits because he's so easily frightened.

Backstory: Fang was raised in a barbarian tribe in the mountains, which was relatively peaceful for a while, until a bunch of monsters attacked his village, and slaughtered everyone. Fang was the only survivor, simply because he was the last one attacked, and he accidentally unleashed a surge of lightning on the one that attacked him. However, the lightning struck him as well, bleaching part of his hair white.

Fang headed to Galandir, and found himself in the care of an archmage that wanted to take him in as her student. He accepted, until not even ten minutes later, Fang found out about a particular warrior subclass and decided that he wanted to do that instead. By doing so, Fang accidentally revealed his origins, and got kicked out.

Fang, not letting this discourage him, underwent intense training (Read: took the aforementioned and slightly illegal magic steroids) and even went as far as making a fake card with his desired class on it. He did try his hand at magic, but only as a hobby. 

Dislikes: Pants, the oppressive system called "classes", being asked to use magic

Fears: Being outed as a mage, and pretty much anything bigger than him

Major Flaw: Is completely ignoring his calling

Also, klutzy as hell and easily frightened

Magic and Body Area

Racial Magic: None

Chant Spells:

•Firebolt (does what you think it would)

•Cleansing Spring (Summons water orbs that heal and remove poison)

•Cone of Cold (Freezes stuff in front of him)

•Windrider (Increases speed of Fang and his party)

•Stone Armor (Elemental Armor)

Fang knows the following spells, but can't cast them with the steroids inhibiting his magic:

•Meteor Shower (Summons meteors)

•Summon Golem (Go on, guess)

•Tempest (Summons a giant thunderstorm)

Skill Magic:

•Slightly illegal magic steroids that greatly increase his physical strength, but weaken his magic by the same amount.

Items:

•Leather armor (helmet is plate)

•Two-handed sword

•Spellbook

•Food

•Money,

•Health potions

Last edited by a moderator:
well, there won´t be stats, so I´ll review this now...

first, very creative with the "konosuba", I like it! :)  

alright, so just three problems with this guy

1. You need to actually list the spells he has. I don´t want anyone pulling random magic/items or whatever out of their asses during the course of the plot.

2. You can only have one weapon equipped at a time so either take one out or choose which is the typically used one.

3. As with the spells, "etc.." won´t cut it. You need to actually specify the things.

well, there won´t be stats, so I´ll review this now...

first, very creative with the "konosuba", I like it! :)  

alright, so just three problems with this guy

1. You need to actually list the spells he has. I don´t want anyone pulling random magic/items or whatever out of their asses during the course of the plot.

2. You can only have one weapon equipped at a time so either take one out or choose which is the typically used one.

3. As with the spells, "etc.." won´t cut it. You need to actually specify the things.

For the record, 1 and 3 are the same point, and the spellbook isn't a weapon. It's a textbook on magic, not a grimoire

EDIT:  The third point was referring to items. My bad.

For the record, 1 and 3 are the same point, and the spellbook isn't a weapon. It's a textbook on magic, not a grimoire.

alright for the latter part. But the fact stands I won´t allow anything hidden, as is stated in the rules.

•Lightning Bolt (Summons a lightning strike)

you cannot have this ability, as it belongs to the dual class "lightning shaman"

•Cone of Cold (Freezes stuff in front of him)

Blizzard (Mei ult)

you need the specialty "blizzard shaman" to have such abilities

Stone Armor (Elemental Armor)

you do not need this as chant magic, you already have it from your class alone, as all elementalists have it as class magic.

you cannot have this ability, as it belongs to the dual class "lightning shaman"

you need the specialty "blizzard shaman" to have such abilities

you do not need this as chant magic, you already have it from your class alone, as all elementalists have it as class magic.

In all fairness, if a spell can only be used by the class that specializes in it, then the base Elementalist won't have much of a variety.

Look up "the last airbender" then we'll talk

I saw it up to like the third season. What I meant was that subclasses are meant to enhance a character's proficiency in a certain skillset, not be the source of it. 

I saw it up to like the third season. What I meant was that subclasses are meant to enhance a character's proficiency in a certain skillset, not be the source of it. 

Elementalists have the power, to begin with, over the four basic elements. That's more than enough.

Which, as I explained is not accessible to players (and it's not a subclass, it's a dual class which is the joint of two basic classes)... 

Oh. That actually explains a lot.

EDIT: Is this good?

Users who are viewing this thread