• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern South Side Rivalry

Lilith sat in a big lobby of an office building waiting for her job interview. She wore a pencil skirt and nice blouse with her hair up in a pony tail doing her best to look presentable. It had been a long winding road for her but she was hoping that this new secretary job she had found would be the starting point of a new chapter in her life, a happier one. She tapped her foot gently on the floor as she waited but soon stood up when her name was called. She walked over the handsome young gentleman who had called her name and gave a small wave "Hello, its nice to meet you, are you Mr.Pascal?" she asked but gave a small frown as the man laughed shaking his head some 'Name's Ben, I just work for him.' she heard him say as he took her up to the top floor of the building.

Clayton grunted and pushed Carmen off of him as he finished off getting up and stuffing himself back into his pants before he lit up a cigarette giving a heavy sigh "Get dressed, the boys will be here soon." he muttered to her before he left the room. He had been beyond stressed lately with his on going rivalry in the south side. His terf being stepped on everyday and retaliation was becoming insane. Pascal had lost his mind and Clayton knew he could win with how sloppy he was being, the only issue was trying to gather up enough to make sure they could take him down for good and he could finally be king of the south side mob scene.

Carmen frowned as she hit the floor with a quiet thud, gently brushing herself off and nodded at him, staying quiet until she was sure that he was gone, walking into their bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror, cleaning up and tidying her makeup, her vision blurring where her eyes filled with tears but she didn't have time to redo anything again so she had o suck it up and not let anything show. Things had been great in the beginning. He had treated her like a queen but since they'd been married, since she'd been pinned down and now suck with him, he treated her like any one of his whores on the side in private. In public it wasn't quite so bad, but he still made it clear to everybody around him that she was his property and nothing more. She'd learnt all the rules long ago, it happens quick growing up in the part of town her family had. Only her family had got out before her sister was dragged into this life. Carmen had worked hard with her father to make sure it happened, she on the other hand hadn't been quite so lucky, not to say she didn't still love him, of course she did, she just felt stuck more than ever and she was miserable. Once she was ready and presentable again she headed out of their room and straight downstairs to the reception room to stand behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder gently to let him know she was there.

Pedro sighed heavily as he sat there listening to reports from his men, shaking his head and banged his fist on the desk in frustration "Why is it every time you come to talk to me you have bad news?!" He yelled at them, "What did I hire you for in the first place if you only ever lose ground to that bastard and his cronies?!" He snapped, glaring over at his wife as she scoffed, "I'm sorry, do you have better ideas?! I'd like to see you try and run a mob, but you can't even seem to provide offspring so why would I even bother trying with you?!" He no longer cared for her at all, their love had been lost years ago if it had ever been there truly in the first place but even so, he was breaking the most cardinal rule of not disrespecting your wife in public. He'd grown careless in his strategies, he was awful to be around, to work with, no one wanted to catch his eye but at the same time were terrified to be caught avoiding his gaze, no one was happy with him in charge and although everyone was too afraid to say it, they were no longer surprised by his constant losses, "Ben go let that damn secretary through to the official office... I'll be there in a minute." He muttered, waving his hand at her a little and shook his head, rolling his eyes when Michelle went to speak up again, "Did I say you could speak?!" He screamed at her.

Clayton frowned as she came down and shrugged her off some finishing off his cigarette giving a heavy sigh. He loved her, he had always loved her, but it was becoming boring at of late. She was becoming like anyone else, and really he had gotten married to just seem a bit more powerful and like a man more than a child running the mob. He had always been told a good don needs a strong woman by his side and from seeing how Carmen had been when she was younger he could tell she was the perfect type of woman to be his wife. He had been a wreck since this war had started though, becoming more irritable and violent towards her.

Michelle sent the boys off and glared at Pedro moving to stand infront of his desk "Don't EVER disrespect me like that again Pedro, I might just be a woman but you are not talking to me like that!" she spat gasping as she felt his hand fly across her face "You're a fucking psycho!" she yelled before running off to the restroom

Max walked in with Ben not too long after that and bit her lip seeing how mad the man looked infront of her. She hoped that this wasn't a bad time but by his snappy attitude towards Ben she worried that maybe this wouldn't be a good job to stay at. She had gotten out of the mobster scene when she was younger and had promised her father that she wouldn't get tangled up in that life like her sister had. She had gone to school for as long as she could and was doing her best to get a good job.

Carmen frowned and just watched him, no one else had got there for meetings yet and she shook her head, "Clayton.... please...." She sighed heavily getting him another match while he pulled his next cigarette out, moving to grab him an ash tray as well, "I know this is all getting stressful, I was hoping to go see my parents and Lilith this evening.... I'll take Richie with me if you want me to but..." She trailed off when he lifted his hand to tell her to shut up and she just swallowed back tears but didn't say another word, simply moving around to be in front of him, when he didn't say anything she drew from the small amount of spitfire she had left in her, the few parts he hadn't been able to squash yet, "You know you could be so much more focused if you quit throwing me around, if you paid more attention to your people than deciding how you're going to hurt me next, I wish I never married you Clayton, I should have run to the enemy lines when I had the chance and left you in the dust! I don't think I can put up with this much longer and if you push me enough I will take everything I know to the federal police. You have my word on that so you should be careful where you step next!" She snapped

Pedro glared after her, sick of her dramatics. He should never have taken her away from her family. She'd been allowed to be a princess there and she hadn't been the guidance he had needed so now he was losing this war and he blamed her for a lot of it. "Ben I told you to take her to the other office. Does this look like the office she's gonna be working in?" He spat at him, shaking his head, getting up and walking over to them, "Lilith isn't it.... You seem kinda familiar do I know you from somewhere?" He asked her frowning some and looked her up and down. She was certainly young and beautiful and it would give him something to look at while he worked. "I trust if you've applied for a job with me then you do know what you're doing... Or it won't be good news for you. You'll spend your days making copies of documents for me, if I need you to do something else, I will tell you so... You take orders from me and only me do I make myself clear?" He questioned her, circling her and still eyeing her body.

Clayton frowned as she started to speak about seeing her family. He raised his hand ready to back hand her but as she stopped he lowered his hand. He glared at her as she started yelling at him "Fine." he spat glaring down at her "Don't you ever fucking talk to me like that again you understand me? Or I'll make sure that pretty sister of yours gets brought back here and be a whore for every one here." he spat at her before storming off outside to see if they guys had arrived.

Lilith bit her lip softly not knowing if he possibly knew her sister or not. She stayed silent and shook her head some. She knew who he was , well she knew his father and remembered him from when he was coming up. She was definitely a few years younger than him and she could feel his stare as he walked around her. She took a deep breath trying to calm herself a bit "I know how to file and take phone calls well Mr. Pascal." she confidently to him hoping to impress him some and let him know she wasn't some ditsy girl.

"Remind me of your name." He said, moving to lean up against his desk and watched her. She was beautiful, young and she looked like she had a fire in her that he hadn't seen since- "I know where I know you from." He chuckled quietly, "Did you think I was stupid? I do hope you haven't come here as a spy." He warned her. "Oh don't look so scared doll, I won't hurt you, unless I hear my secrets being spilled.... For now you can stay and work here, you start tomorrow at 9am sharp. Ben will be here to guide you round." He told her "Send my regards to your sister." He smirked at her and walked out the back door of the office to go get a couple jobs done.

Carmen frowned watching him, shaking like mad and quickly collected herself, gathering a couple of bits before heading out to the foyer and collecting her driver, having him take her up to her parent's home. She would have to go back to him before the next dawn but she could at least be free for a few hours, "Mom!" She called out toher as she got out of the car once there, rushing over to her and huging her tightly, "I thought I would come join you for dinner tonight.... Where's Lilith?" She asked her a little frantic after Clayton's threat

Lilith frowned some "It's Lilith....Lilith Sanchez." she said going a little wide eyed when he recognized her. She quickly shook her head "No, no I'm just here for the job I swear." she said truthfully giving a small gulp and nodded some but frowned as he mentioned her sister "You leave her out of this." she muttered at him before she walked out with Ben and made her way home. She smiled some seeing Carmen and quickly hugged her "What are you doing here?!" she said happily

Theresa smiled at her daughter and hugged her tightly "Oh Carmen yes of course you can come eat!" she said happily just happy to see her daughter. It was rare that they saw her these days. She smiled at the mention of Lilith "She is at a job interview actually, she should be back any time." she said smiling wide as Lilith came right after she said that

Carmen smiled and looked over her, "I needed to get away for a bit, Clayton's been so stressed recently, he needed some space." She lied through her teeth but she was so used to it these days it fooled their mother at least. "How did your job interview go?" She asked her while they walked inside and she went to start helping with making dinner, "Clay would have come but he's up to his neck in paperwork at the moment." She told her mother. He used to come to her parent's house all the time but not since everythign had changed so drastically, turning her head in a way that Lilith would be able to see a large purple brise down the side of her neck and going down to her shoulder.

Max smiled giving a nod happily "I got it! I start tomorrow!" she said happily following her to the kitchen and washing up before she started to help with Dinner as well. She frowned as she mentioned Clayton and noticed the bruise she tried to hide giving a heavy sigh. She knew of how bad it had gotten, she had walked in on Clayton beating her one night and when she tried to save her he pulled a gun on her instead. She had never been so scared in her life. Ever since then she hadn't been near Clayton and all she wanted was for her sister to get out of that situation and away from him.

She smiled and watched her some, "Oh yeah? Where is it at then?" She asked her watching their mother head out the back to pull her laundry in while the two of them carried on making food, "Lil don't look at me like that, Mom will notice and then she asks questions." She muttered shaking her head, "He's just... He's going through a rough patch and I'm worried about him. This is not like him." She mumbled

Lilith gave a small smile "Just a secretary job at this office building on the upper side, it seems very nice." she said to her. Carmen wasn't the only one who could like through her teeth. She gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "Yeah thats what you've been saying for the past year, Carmen I'm terrified we're going to get a call to identify your body." she said truthfully trying not to cry but it was hard.

She frowned looking over at her, "Be careful up there alright? I thought I told you I'd feel you were safer down in my part of town, at least there Clay could make sure no one hurt you." She sighed heavily, rubbing at her face some, "No really, he's going to be back to himself soon, I'm sure of it." She mumbled, shutting up once their mother came back in and not saying another word about it until she was leaving and hugged all three of her family, letting her driver take her back home and headed straight up to bed, getting washed up and went to lay with Clayton, rolling in close to him on their bed, keeping her mouth shut and just trying to get some sleep, hoping he was in an okay mood by now so she could rest, finally managing to drift off after a couple of hours, sleeping all the way through to morning

Lilith nodded some and went on with dinner. She woke up early that next morning and made sure she looked nice before she made her walk to the bus so she could get to her job quicker. As she got in and sat at her desk she found a pile of papers messily placed there. She gave a heavy sigh but kept her cool as she started in on her work. She had been getting through a good part of it by the time Pedro had made his way in later that morning "Good Morning Mr. Pascal, you've had 4 calls today. I took messages." she explained to him

Clayton woke up in the morning and watched as Carmen slept stroking her face gently. She was still just as beautiful as the day he laid eyes on her. Sometimes he wished he had never met her, that she had never been placed in this life, but then he also knew he would be dead if he hadn't had her there with him. He gave a sigh and got up to go use the restroom and get ready for the day knowing he had a few runs to do.

She got up once the sun was in her face, walking into their bathroom and slipping her arms around him from behind. “Good morning... how’s you sleep love?” She asked him quietly and kissed his cheek, going to start washing her face and go through her morning routine.

Pedro frowned some and nodded. “Alright. I will get to those.... Maxine.... there will be no one here for most of the day. If anybody shows up that you haven’t met already.... you come straight to my office and stay in there do I make myself clear?” He asked her frowning some when she nodded. “I’ll be back later on to see how you’ve got on.” He assured her before taking the notes about messages and walked out of there. By the end of the day he planned to have her in his office and on his desk but he just had a couple errands to run first.

Clayton shrugged some spitting out his toothpaste "Fine, you? How'a your family?" He asked sounding genuine for once. He had always been a family man before all this amd he did actually like her parents.

Max gave a small nod and bit her lip gently as she watched him "Will do sir." She said softly sitting up some as she watched him walk off. He was definitely a looker that was for sure, but she knew this was strictly professional and she needed to keep it that way so that she could still stay out of that kind of life.

She shrugged a bit. “They’re good.... max is gone to work in some office on the upper east side.” She told him quietly. “I told her she should have gone for something here then at least we could have made sure she was safe for the most part.” She mumbled, pecking his cheek. “You want coffee and eggs?” She asked him, getting dressed to go start on breakfast for him.

he waited until the office was empty and eventually came back a couple hours later, standing in the doorway of where she was. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. “Maxine... come with me.” He told her, beckoning her closer.

Clayton frowned at the mention of her sister working there "We'll be there soon enough." He murmured giving a nod "Yeah sounds good babe." He murmured before leaving the room to get dressed.

Lilith worked hard through the day and ended up getting just about everything done. She looked up at Pedro as he called her in and gave a nod getting up and walking in glancing around some not sure why she was being brought into his office.

She sighed a little. It was at least a step up from being violent like he had been recently but that was about to change when she got distracted doing the eggs and soon smelt burning, looking down and gasping, quickly taking the pan off the heat and opening the windows so that the smoke could escape, frowning when she looked in the fridge and found they had no more eggs left, whimpering a little in anticipation when she heard him come in the kitchen expecting breakfast.

he smirked as he watched her and stepped closer, shutting the door behind her before turning to face her and backed her up against his desk. “You work for me now. Not for this mob. That was never the deal.... so for me, you’re going to strip off and get on that desk. And I’m gonna give you the best time you’ve ever had.

Clayton walked into the kitchen frowning as he smelt burnt food "What the fuck Carmen?! You can't even cook eggs now?!" He yelled shaking his head some glaring at her a bit "Fuck I paid good money for the food in this house and you want to waste it?!"

Lilith looked at him shocked and pushed away from him "I am not some whore. You want one of those you go find one somewhere else." She spat at him glaring some while she tried to move away from him

He smirked some and pinned her to the desk this time. “I’m not paying you for sex... I’m paying you for your job.... The sex.... and the attention.... well that goes both ways sweetheart. If you’re anything like your sister... you’ll be more than worth it.” He chuckled. “I don’t want a whore.... I want a mistress.... my wife wouldn’t give two shits. She don’t love me. Hasn’t done so for years... she won’t even notice.” He assured her, his hands moving expertly over her body.

she frowned as he backed her into a corner, shaking some. “I’m sorry, I was ...Just thinking... I didn’t mean t-“ she got cut off with a smack to the face and started sobbing while she watched him take his belt off and fold it knowing what was coming already, shaking like mad.

Lilith went wide eyed feeling her body heat up as he touched her. She got a hand free and quickly slapped him across the face making an echo in the room "If you want a lady then you treat her as such, not like a whore." She spat before running off to the door and leaving quicklt crying as she made her way down as memories from the past flooded her mind.

Clayton back her into a corner and smacked her hard when she continued to speak "Now I gotta teach you a fucking lesson like a goddamn dog or some shit! You think I like doing this huh?!" He yelled as he slid off his belt and folded it up. He raised it above his head but frowned seeing how terrified she looked. He lowered his arm and turned around to leave "Clean this shit up, you better have a good fucking dinner layed out when I get home." He muttered before leaving the house and slamming the door shut

Last edited:
She flinched hearing the door slam and just stayed on the floor sobbing and shaking. She never used to be like this, people used to get out the way when she was walking past them but Clayton had reduced her to a state of constant panic and fear. By the tome he got home in the evening she had a full roast dinner set out on the table and she was upstairs just finishing getting changed, heading down there when she heard his voice. “You want a beer?” She asked him quietly, kissing his cheek.

he glared at her as she left shaking his head. She was playing a dangerous game now with him and he didn’t appreciate it one bit. He headed out after that and went home, rolling his eyes when he found Michelle still cooking and just headed straight to the reception room, kicking his feet up on the coffee table and sticking the tv on.

Clayton frowned glaring at her some having had a rough day at work "You done with dinner?" He asked looking over at her with an angered stare. He was tired of all this, he wanted everything to relax and get everything settled.

Michelle came out and frowned pushing his feet off the table "No feet on the table Pedro, dinner is ready come eat." She mumbled before she walked out. She had loved Pedro years ago, he had captured her with his charm when they were both young and dumb but now she was miserable and just wanted to rid of this life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back