• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sound and Fury IC

Characters
Here

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
It had been an easy fortress to capture. Some noble who had never been on a real battlefield in his life wanted it gone because he'd tried to capture it three times and failed each time. The man was a jackass. He'd tried to go in through the front door in a castle made to be easily defended. It was up on a hill, with a sturdy gate and high walls. Basically impossible to take. If you fight conventionally, and the Brimstone's were far from conventional. It was a simple task of bribing one of the soldiers to open the gate and storming the place like there's no tommorow. The noble fought with honor, but the Brimstone's didn't. Guess who got a new castle. It was a very nice castle, large, spacious, plenty of room for an entire legion and their families.

Percival
"The Black Wolf of Byrne"

Percival had led the charge to take the castle, leading the 2nd Division of the Legion. The 2nd Division (the division the character's are in) were the best in the Legion, basically their Marines/shock troopers. First ones in, last ones out. Percy started off in the Division back when he defected after the Glacian Massacre. But let's not talk about that. Percy was in bed, completely naked from a night of passion with his wife. It was a tradition for them to coming after a battle, and this was no exception. The man slowly woke up, rubbing his eyes as he threw the messy covers away. The room was cold, the fire barely burning as Percy said, "Fuckin' cold. Wish they didn't build this thing in the coldest place in the country." He got up, his wife groaning as she said, "Do you have to leave, love? Can't you stay a bit longer?" Percy shook his head, saying, "I'm afraid not, love. Have to go eat, see what's next." She sighed, getting up and going to get dressed.

The two soon entered the massive dining hall of the castle. They were still cleaning the place up, but there were enough tables and there was only a little bit of blood left on the floor. They took their seats at the end of the western most table, waiting for the rest of the division to arrive. Percy wouldn't be shocked if they were late. Last night was interesting. A lot of drinking, reveling, the like. He was a bit tired himself, but as a Captain, he was to be up first. 'Twas the life of a Brimstone Captain
0a24e62d73fd69b56632a0f7beff7051.jpg

Kian Hannes | "Ghost of Rosewall" | New Castle, Way Too Early In The Morning

Kian opened his eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling, the aftermath of drinking too much alcohol pounding at the back of his head. He blinked a few times, confused. The last time he found himself in this situation was at least a full year ago. He shot up and looked around, checking for signs of another occupant in the room. Nothing. Thank the Gods. He did not need a repeat of the "Son of a Bitch" incident, as his division members had so creatively coined it. Then, what were his muscles screaming in pain for?

Only at that thought did Kian recall the events of last night. He didn't know if the fact that he had taken so long to recall such a huge fight was an indicator of how used he had gotten to constant bloodshed as part of the Black Knights or of how much he drank last night. He wasn't sure he even wanted to know. Pulling himself to his feet, Kian stretched like a cat as he went to grab a cup nearby to relief his thirst. It was filled with wine. He sighed and put the cup back down. Hopefully, he could get water at the dining hall. Or, maybe, all they had was wine too. A ridiculous notion, of course, but you could never be too sure in this Legion.

He slipped on his shirt that he had, for some reason, thrown onto a chair in the corner of the room and headed down the frustratingly many flights of stairs to get to the large hall. His eyes scanned the room. There was a pot of water on a nearby table, to where he headed immediately and filled a goblet of, and his captain seated at the far end of the hall, to where he went after taking a gulp of the refreshingly cool water to clear his head. There was no one else there, yet. He was not surprised. If he hadn't been so parched, he'd have never left his bed, either.

"Morning," he greeted as he took a seat, sending a smile in Elise's direction rather than his leader's. The first time he did that, he claimed it was because "she's much easier to smile at, Captain" but now it was really almost by force of habit. Indeed, a cultivated habit to greet his captain's wife more enthusiastically than the man himself. No wonder his romantic life was a downright mess.

Last edited:
Lilith; "The Witch Doctor"; New castle, her average wakeup timee; four peple up offically
Lilith opens her eyes to a sudden urge to vomit. She gets up out of bed, almost falling over when her legs tangle up in the sheets. She then grabs her bag of hangover-meds from beside her bed and quickly swallows a few of the tiny glops of the shredded herb. It almost immediately feels better and stretches, yawning as she hunts for her clothes. Weirdly, they were thrown in a pile by the door, but she thought nothing of it, as she had done much weirder things while under the influence of the Captain's magic wine.

Once she's dressed, she makes her way down the stairs, carrying a bag of the herbs for everyone with the same issues as her. "Mornin' people! Mornin' Cap and his lady!" She bows to the captain then takes a seat by Kian, sliding the bag of herb glop to him and winking. "How'd you sleep Kian?" She grabs a biscuit off the table and takes a bite, humming in satisfaction. Once she swallows she takes a deep breath and starts questioning Kian about his symptoms.

Last edited:
Krys de Windsor S.jpg
Krys de Windsor
'Pious, Knight of Holy Creation'
Kyrs stirred in his sleep as he lay deep within a make-shift hospital; the groans of the wounded and the foul stench of death would've been enough to drive anyone away from such a room. A dull pain in his shoulder began to steadily burn as his conciseness returned. Grunting as he hefted himself off the chair that he had been resting in; Krys looked down and across at the web of bandages wrapped tightly around his left shoulder. Blinking for a few moments, he finally recalled being caught off guard by a cross-bow bolt during the siege. The bastard responsible for the wound had only moments to savour his small victory before Krys rose; with retribution on his mind and charged the now panicking soldier. Bellowing a call to Holy Creation; Krys raised his pole-arm and swung down with all his might upon the terrifed cross-bowman. With a sickening crack; the eight inch 'beak' pierced through the man's helmet and disappeared into his skull for a few moments before Krys shoved the limp corpse from the Fortess wall. The crossbowman was the first of many that Krys slayed that day; though he had lost count by the time his bleeding wound had caused him to black out. Luckily he fell just as the battle had finished and was dragged off by a few Brimstone soldiers to be passed over alongside the rest of the wounded.

Taking the time to thank those responsible for tending to his wounds; Krys thought it would be appropiate to report back to the Captain. Regardless of his new allegiance however; Krys made several religious rituals over the few remaining corpses as he made his way through the fortress; by this time, his sincerity had all but vanished alongside the blood that had been cleaned from the floors. Grunting slightly as he entered the dining hall; though anyone could tell that he was arriving as he had forgotten to remove his armour and was still soaked in sweat from the siege. Pausing to grab a table-cloth from a spare table; he soaked the rag in a bucket of water used to wash out the few remaining blood-patches that still clung to the floors and walls. Letting out a deep sigh as he places the soaked rag against the back of his neck; Krys made a vain attempt to bow his head in respect to Percival before taking a seat at the table.

"Hail Captain, seems the siege was a success.." Krys paused to make a holy sign to Creation. "I presume the Nobleman is delighted with such news?"

Looking across at Kian and Lilith; Krys merely nodded in their direction before lowering his head to the table and grunted as his neck muscles relaxed. His body was battered and bruised; this was his first siege as the usual rabble he had fought before were usually armed with sticks and shameful obscenity. Still, he felt as though he had done somewhat well; considering he had a crossbow-bolt sticking out of him for most of the battle.

Percival
Percy nodded as everyone took a seat. Elise did the same, glaring at Kian briefly. Percy nodded synthetic Krys, saying, "Aye, he was. So happy that he's letting us keep it in exchange for not razing it to the foundation. The negotiations were quite easy." He began to eat, the cooks serving the best food they could find in the castle, which was three salted boars, some cakes, fruit, and some fine tea. Percy ate like an animal, Elise giggling as she said, "Well, aren't you a wolf, dear?" Percy laughed, saying, "Didn't get my title by doing nothing, dear." He sighed, saying, "So, how did you all sleep? Well, I hope. I'm glad to see you all alright."​

Lilith~"Witch Doctor"~Dining room
L
ilith nods at the captains pleasantries and winks at Elise, "Men are deffinitely animals! No offence to you captain!" She giggles and pokes a boar leg with her fork. "Hmm... Cap, is this as good as it looks?" She decides to try it and rips off a mouth full, just the smell making her salivate. Once she stick it in her mouth, she chews and swallows, contemplating all the flavors hitting her taste-buds at once. "Yep deffinitely as good as it looks!" she nods torwards the captain, sending a wink at everyone else while she digs into the boar, sipping at the water in the goblet in front of her. "Whats the plans for today?" she asks the captain, her mouth full of the mouth-watering pork.

"So how did you fair last night? No one tried to take you to their bed unwillingly I trust?" Lady Ramona, well she wasn't a lady anymore was she, asked her handmaiden and friend as she stood infront of the tall mirror, letting the other woman fuss over the straps and buckles of her armor. Quite the marvel that it was still intact and only suffering minor damage after the previous night's attack, but the exiled noble had long learned to be thankful for small mercies. A tired face met her gaze in the reflective surface of the instrument, forehead creased with lines of worry and grey eyes cold; set with a grim determination as their owner prepared to face yet another day in the legion. Though not quite the legion she preferred to be in.

"Hardly." Her friend replied as deft fingers tightened the last straps, tugging experimentally to be sure. "Your centurion was really very accommodating, I slept very comfortably. For the few hours of sleep that I did get anyways."

"Vivian!" Ramona admonished her friend, turning around with an expression of exasperation meeting Vivian's wide, mischievous grin. "When I agreed to let you follow me into exile, I didn't think it would be you who would sleep with my soldiers and sow ill-discipline amongst my ranks!"

"Calm your tits 'Mona, one night of fucking is hardly going to undo the years of discipline you've drilled into him..." Vivian rolled her eyes as she moved away, retrieving Romana's battle helm and handing it to her. "Though he was certainly extremely efficient in the art of drilling into m- "

"Okay! That's enough." Ramona held up a gauntleted hand to cease the stream of unwanted information, drawing crackles of laughter from her friend. "That's more than I've ever wanted to know about centurion Brutus. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself though. Now shoo. Go do whatever it is you do when not dressing me up or fucking my men. I'll see you tonight. Or not."
With that she belted on her sword, unbarred the heavy oak door that was the entrance to her quarters and stepped outside.
"Morning, Commander." She was greeted the two legionnaires standing sentry on either side of the door. "Leon, Maria. Have you rested and eaten."

"Aye. We only took over this shift an hour ago, you'll have us for a few more hours yet."

Ramona nodded in acknowledgement before moving further along the large hall that was the main living area of the barracks her men had seized and claimed as their quarters. Rolls of furs and other bedding line the floor in neat rows, for those legionnaires that were too late to claim beds. The few iron braziers that survived the fighting were lit, several clumps of her troops sat around these braziers or on chairs as they ate and rest whilst a few more were sleeping. Far more relaxed than the usual camp scene Ramona was used too, but then, this living space was a far cry from the Legion fortresses back... well. It wasn't quite home anymore was it.

"Commander." A voice deep and rough from bellowing out orders over the din of battles called out to her and she turned to face it.

Centurion 2.jpg

"Centurion Brutus. Good, you're here. Walk with me."

Obediently the armoured giant, towering over Ramona's respectable height of 5'10 with an impressive 6'5, fell in beside his commander as she walked towards a pair of grand wooden gates several meters in height, leading to the castle courtyard. The pair of legionnaires assigned to her trailed behind them, armored boots pounding a steady rhythm on smooth stone, then hardpacked dirt and soil as the quartet exited the barracks.

"Status of the company, Brutus?"

"Yes, Commander. Last night's fighting produced only minor injuries, several legionnaires wounded lightly but will be combat capable by the morrow. Our apothecaries spent more time dealing with allied casualties than our own troops. The barracks has been secured, by tonight every soldier and civilian in our will have quarters allocated. Civilian duty rosters are still being organised but as I understand it, the lady Vivian will be handling that."

"Very good. Patrols?"

"Have reported nothing of note, though with all that has been going on I was not able to set up a truly effective patrol routes. We'd have to coordinate with Brimstone troops for that."

"I see... I will have to bring that up with the captain, then. Very well. Unless there is anything else you'd like to tell me centurion?"

They paused at the steps leading up to the main keep and dining hall, Ramona raising an inquisitive eyebrow at the larger man.

"Nothing else of note, Commander." He shook his helmeted head, a negative. "Carry on then."

As Brutus left, Ramona climbed the steps quickly and took a deep breath before pushing open the door and stepping into the large hall. At once she spotted the captain and his wife at the head of the table, expected given their status, and several of her fellow members of the order slowly filling up the table. Most of the in haphazard shape, looking tired and worn in comparison to her neat if functional appearance. "Good morning, Captain. Elise." She greeted them as she chose a chair and slid into it, her guards taking up positions by the door. Ramona glanced around the table even as she began to fill up her plate with food, nodding greetings with the others. Though her nose turned up in slight distaste at the way the young woman (Lilith wasn't it?) talked around a mouth full of food. Still, the question was a pertinent one and she looked towards Percival, waiting for the answer.

Percival

Percival shrugged, ignoring the witch doctor's comment and saying, "Don't know, I'm afraid. For now, we rest, recuperate. The like." He had a bad cut on his forehead, the man rubbing it down with a rag soaked in wine, a crude way to stop infection for now. Yeah, it hurt, but in his experience z it's better to do this than get an infection. Most soldiers don't die from the wound itself, but from the infection. And because most nations didn't have proper medical carez all they could do is pray. Literally. They just brought the poor fools into a church and prayed that they'd be okay. That's what they did in the capital of Bryne, anyway. Percy was never a religious man, and he never saw any reason why he should pray to be healed. Bandages and cleaning did just fine. Many orders condemned the Brimstone Legion for using "black magic," which was basic medicine. They weren't jealous that their men died by the dozens instead of hundreds because they knew basic hygiene.
Prayforthewickedeveryday Prayforthewickedeveryday
KaldorDraigo KaldorDraigo
Becker Becker
OSWonder OSWonder

Lilith~"Witch Doctor"
Lilith rolls her eyes at that bitch Ramona and looks at the captain, awaiting his answer. Lilith couldn't help but hope they wouldn't fight, as she dislike violence, but she knew it would happen, since they all were legion knights. "Say Ms.Ramona... I think I saw one of your men with your hand-maid yesterday.. All over eachother they were.. You should discipline your knights better woman!" She says, adding in a bit of conspiratable snark in to complete the act.

Ramona chewed lightly on a cut of pork as she considered the captain's words. It was logical enough. Seize, consolidate and dig in. Likely, the captain hadn't considered objectives past taking the castle and establishing a base for the division. Or perhaps his superiors had not given orders yet. Regardless, it would be a welcome time to rest and break from the constant travelling and fighting from before.

Swallowing the pork she looked across the table from her, noting the disheveled and wounded Krys de Winsor. "Ser Winsor." While Ramona was never really a religious person, she doubted it would matter much in the grand scheme of things and it would be a detriment to the division's fighting capabilities should he continue to suffer with that wound. "Once this meeting is concluded, you should seek out my apothecaries. They are well versed in treating wounds such as yours."

When the uncouth young lady called her out, she heard her legionnaires tense. A metallic scraping of weapons and armor as they made ready to defend their commander's honor. Not bothering to look behind, Ramona simply lifted a hand and waved them to stand down. The child wasn't worth it. Ramona simply ignored her and continued eating her breakfast.

Becker Becker

Last edited:
Percival
Percy shook his head, saying, "No, I'm fine. Thanks for asking, though." The pain was nothing g at this point. He'd suffered worse than a cut forehead. He sighed, Elise gently putting her hand on his shoulder. Percy smiled, kissing her softly before going back to eating. Some days, he wondered if he should have just stayed in Byrne. It was days like these that made him want to keep doing this. Good food, a wound that wasn't very bad, and his wife right beside him rather than back home waiting for him. He drank his water slowly, slowly getting rehydrated from the previous night. Elise ate as well, choosing not to drink wine, which was unlike her. She quite enjoyed wine, but I guess she wanted to stop for today in honor of those with a bad hangover.
Prayforthewickedeveryday Prayforthewickedeveryday

Lilith watchers Ramona's gaurds tense up and reaches behind her, touching the hilt of her aviator. As soon as Ramona waves them down, a wave of anger takes over Lily and she stands up, excusing herself to her room. Once she gets there she sighs, flopping onto her bed and swallowing another hangover glop. She falls asleep, curled up like a cat, and dreams angry dreams.

Kian Hannes | "Ghost of Rosewall" | New Castle, Breakfast

Kian ignored the herb pouch given to him, having grown used to Lilith's antics, and begun to eat. He ate slowly, properly, without speaking or letting a single crumb dirty the area around him. It was hard to forget these small things when they were drilled into his head from childhood. Not that he would want to forget table manners and eat like a beast as so many soldiers tended to do around here. He nodded his greeting to the new arrivals quietly, eyes staying longest on Ramona who stood out in the entire hall with her clean, sharp attire. He resisted the urge to look down at himself. His shirt was crumpled, no doubt, and he hadn't even combed his hair. Appearance was a dumb concern in this situation, really, but still.

Upon hearing that they were meant to rest and recuperate, his gaze flew over each of them in a scan to see who was injured and how badly. So far, it seemed like Krys was winning that particular race. Surprisingly, he himself had nothing more than just the standard bruises and small cuts. He was one of the weakest in head-on combat in their division, due to the nature of his specialization, and often got hurt more than the others did. Not this time, luckily. Still, having time to rest was rare for them. Finally, he could have peace.

As soon as he thought that, he heard Lilith's aggressive words ring out from beside him. He fought not to roll his eyes. Everyone has slept with someone around here, honestly, did it really matter? In fact, he was honestly more impressed that anyone had enough endurance left to fuck anyone after that fight followed by that much wine. He had passed out the moment he got to a bed. He knew better than to interject, though. It was just a petty catfight. But some cats were scarier than others. As Lilith stormed away, he released a soft sigh.

"Perhaps, you should leave your soldiers at another table, Ramona?" He finally opened, albeit reluctantly. "We're all tired after last night, after all."

The Ronin

"Sei!"

An upwards sweep, followed by a spin, clockwise, counter clockwise, ending with a pointed pierce.

"Tou!"

Striking with the blunt end, cleaving down with the blade, riding the motion into a somersault that concludes in a sharp slash.

"Hah!"

Gradually, the naginata twirls in her hands, over her arms, and across her back; a dance of death and grace that finishes with a fierce stab, body leaning forward, one leg to the front, puffs of white clouds coming out of pink lips in the cold weather.

Ruriko lowered her weapon, inhaling the air with its scents of evergreen and blood, and exhaling a long breath that carried memory and sorrow. She willed herself to remain numb like the dead piled outside the fortress. The time for tears had long past. Her husband was dead. She shouldn't feel pain every time she did her morning rituals.

But it did hurt. There was no denying the truth her heart beat to.

She was thankful to find this secluded part of the courtyard, away from prying eyes. Men of the Brimston Legion respected their women to a certain degree, but she wanted to complete her training in peace, honoring her husband's memory in solitude. The rest of the day she would dedicate to the Legion and to her captain, but these hours of dawn were her own.

Making her way back to the hall where the 2nd Division -- her comrades -- were gathering for breakfast, Ruriko recalled the events of yesterday. Taking over the fortress was incredibly easy, even more so when her adversaries underestimated her gender and pitied her eye patch. They soon lost honor, dignity, and other body parts. Her task was to secure the armory and kill anyone trying to get in her way. The naginata wasn't a weapon their enemies were used to seeing, so they floundered while she cut away their hands and heads.

But she got careless, and nearly paid for it with her other eye. If it weren't for that bastard of a loud-mouthed drunk, she'd be wearing a blindfold instead of an eye patch.

Irritated as she was by his presence, she made note to thank him later.

She entered the hall, bowing in reverence to the spirits that resided in the stones, and ignored the spectacle of Lilith and Ramona glaring at each other like two angry cats. She placed her weapon against the wall and sat down next to Krys, helping herself to a plate of breakfast.

"Pleasant morning to you, ser Krys. How fares your wound?" she asked, her eyes wandering to the place where the crossbow bolt pierced through.

Becker Becker

Krys de Windsor S.jpg
Krys de Windsor
All the talk of obscene lust for flesh made Krys shake his head a little as he tried to get some food into his body. He soaked a piece of bread by dipping it into a goblet of water to help him chew through it. His attention was taken away however as Ramona spoke out to him. Slumping his body back in the chair as his desire for sleep was slowly dragging him away from reality; he paused to cough loudly to wake himself up before replying.

"No need M'lady, the wound is nothing special; my body hurts from combat tis' all.." He gave a short nod in her direction before hefting himself up in the chair in a attempt to perk his appetite. Taking a apple; he bowed his head a little as he made a prayer to Holy Creation for the food. He placed the green apple in his mouth and bit down hard, taking a good piece of the core with it but he didn't even notice in his debilitated state. A notable crunch made him pause and double-check the fruit in his hand before continuing. Preparing himself, he used what little strength he had left to force the food down his throat with a anguished look upon his face.

Letting out a deep breath, Krys let the apple lay upon a wooden plate beside him as he took stock of the situation. He looked on as Lilith left the room and felt a sense of disappointment over the lack of trust amongst some members. Not that he didn't have a few hidden agendas of his own. Looking on over at the Captain and his woman; Krys cleared his throat before speaking on.

"With your permission Captain, I would like to take a few men to visit the local villages; it would be worth setting up some trade with the people here as supplies are already on the low-side..." He nodded respectfully as he waited for a reply. Meanwhile he noticed the Ronin enter and take seat next to him. Usually Creationists and those from the far east didn't get along; but considering Ruriko showed some concern towards him. Krys felt he could lower his guard against the outsider, for now at least.

"I am fine, honestly.. It'll take more than a single bolt to cut me down; my prayers to Holy Creation kept me safe.. The wound is a warning if nothing more to keep my faith from withering in these dark times.." He knew he was speaking utter bull-shit and was lucky that the bolt had pierced his shoulder, a few inches to the shooter's left and Krys would've been missing a heart or something. He reached for the rag on his neck and used it to wipe his face whilst he observed the Ronin eat for a few moments before perking his attention back over to Percival.

Last edited:
Ramona raised an eyebrow at Kian. finishing her sip of water before placing the goblet back down on the table. She had picked him out as a noble from the first time she saw him, hoping to find a kindred spirit amongst the rabble of rejects that composed the Brimstone Legion. He was not quite refined as she would have expected, but at least he had table manners. Which counted for something in company Ramona now kept.

She shrugged her shoulders before replying, mail and plate clinking softly with the motion, lips curled in a slight sly smile. "My soldiers are free men and women Hannes, as are we all in the legion. If they choose to accompany me, then far be it from me to force them away."

When de Winsor rebuffed her offer, Ramona merely nodded acknowledgement. It was his choice. She listened with distracted interest to his and Ruriko's conversation, internally scoffing at his talk of faith and prayers. If the gods were vening listening anymore, they certainly didn't care to let humanity know about it.

"Captain," She addressed Percival, having grown tired of socializing and watching others, also wanted to get out of the castle. "With your permission, I would like to take my men and scout the regions around the castle. It would help secure our position, aswell as helping us familiarize with the area."

Last edited:
Ruriko was genuinely glad that Krys was in good health. She admired his steadfast faith in who they claim as single deity who created everything. While Ruriko would always welcome a friendly debate on the matter, the breakfast table was hardly the right place for it. She knew Krys didn't appreciate her presence; she knew the atrocities her people had done to his in the past. But they were both Black Knights; who they were in the past didn't matter. They were all comrades-in-arms, even if the earlier display of tension showed contrary.

"I am glad to hear that," she said, before turning back on her food. Always proper, chew in small portions, and never make a sound. Her mother's teachings came back to her as easily as rain in a parched land, even though the woman who strived for perfection in such things had long since died.

She listened intently to Ramona and Krys make their propositions to the captain. She wasn't sure she wanted to head out in this forsaken weather. But if the captain willed it, she would obey. As long as that bastard didn't come along.

Kian Hannes| "Ghost of Rosewall" | New Castle, Breakfast

Kian arched an eyebrow at Ramona's reply, or rather, her dismissal, but chose to accept it with a curt "I see". He could see a little of why Lilith didn't get along with her. He felt, sometimes, as if she looked down on him for wanting to blend in more with the rest of the Legion, to not always walk like he had a metal rod for a spine or speak like he was attending Court. Yet, he couldn't find it in him to really get upset at that or her. He used to be like that, to a lesser extent, until he realized he had enough enemies without making more within his own Legion for being, quoting a previous comrade, "a stuck-up, condescending asshole". His heritage was not one he liked to remind himself or others of, anyway.

Seeing as to how everyone was finding something to do, Kian turned to Percival as well. "Should I follow one of them, or would you rather I explored the castle itself, instead? We are staying here for a while," he paused, as if considering something, "though I'm not sure I could do that alone." He turned to Ruriko, then, with a slight tilt of the head.

YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Percival

Percy nodded, saying, "Aye. You have my permission. Just come back before nightfall." He turned to the Rose, saying, "If you want to, go ahead. Doesn't really matter to me honestly." He finished his meal, excusing himself as his wife curtsied and followed him. He we talk to the courtyard, making sure the rest of the men were doing their drills correctly. He had to correct a few of them, but other than that, they were doing well. Well, better than everyone else, at least. He preferred to help them personally rather than just watched them, mainly because he couldn't bear to sit around doing nothing all day. Elise watched, looking down at her stomach as she sighed. Shenkmsw something was up with her, and she wasn't taking any chances, hence he not drinking wine this morning.

Krys de Windsor S.jpg
Krys de Windsor
Krys managed a smile when the Ronin said she was glad to hear of his recovery although the smile disappeared when Kian glanced over at her and decided to interject with his own suggestion. Sitting himself up properly in the chair and straightening his Brigadine as it shuffled around, he looked over to his side at Ruriko as he spoke; trying to keep his voice somewhat whispered if not a little playful.

"I was going to make a suggestion of asking if you wanted to join me in visting the local villages? Would be nice to get some fresh air away from this... fortress.." Krys felt his body puff out a little as he had grown to trust the Ronin. He recalled in his blurred memories of her taking down the guards at the armoury and was rather impressed with her skill in battle. Although if he had seen such things prior to joining the Legion; he probably would've made a insult of heresy and her 'Eastern ways'. His attention was taken back over to the Captain as Percival nodded, Krys did the same and quickly stood whilst bowing his head a little.

Turning to leave the table, he decided to have a quick wash and headed to his personal chambers. There, he stripped; washed his body and decided to not take everything he had on the walk. Working his battered body back into his gambeson, Krys figured that wearing the heavy chain-shirt would have been more a of annoyance than it was worth and so he merely skipped it and instead shuffled his Brigadine over and tied the strings tightly around his chest. chuckling to himself slightly that it might actually be best not to be completely defence-less, he did attach his Bevor around his neck but left his Sallet helmet by a small prayer table overlooking his bed.

Stepping out whilst tying his sheath to his belt; Krys then gathered a couple of soldiers that weren't doing anything remotely useful and prepared to head out but choose to wait for a few minutes at the enterance in case anyone wished to join him on the walk to the nearby villages.

Ramona bowed her head acknowledgement, gladdened at the opportunity to leave the stifling castle walls and take in the cool morning air. "Of course captain, as you wish."

Placing her eating utensils down on the plate neatly, no need to make the servants work harder to clean up after her, Ramona pushed back the chair and rose from her seat. She glanced around at the remaining occupants even as plans were formed and people began to move off to carry out the day's work. "Should anyone wish to accompany me on my venture, I will be at the gate in fifteen minutes."

Signalling to her legionnaires to follow her, she swiftly exited the hall and made ready to patrol.

The Ronin

Ruriko wondered why Kian glanced at her like that. Surely someone like him could walk through the entire castle unscathed. The Brimstone Legion was notorious for being thorough with their methods; there would have been no prisoners, and certainly no parties of survivors waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

Krys' suggestion, however, made her think. The captain had all but given them permission to do as they like. This was a perfect opportunity to learn more of the land, talk to the people, and like Krys said, find someplace away from the ever-present scent of blood and vomit.

On the other hand, Ramona was the complete opposite of what Ruriko used to be, and she was drawn to that. She wanted to hear Ramona's stories, perhaps gain an insight on surviving the unforgiving world as a woman. Not only that, she could test her skill against the cohorts under Ramona's banner. She wondered how many she could beat before Ramona decided to fight.

Her concern for the recovering Krys won out. She finished her meal, thanked the spirits for their blessing, and made her preperations. She wasn't going into battle so full armor wasn't needed. She put on her vambraces and greaves over a warrior's yukata; the fabric was black, patterned with crimson ribbons and the crest of the red rose above her left breast. She brought her naginata, along with two kunai for insurance.

Once she was done, she went out to meet Krys at the entrance. She bowed in respect, saying, "If it is alright with you, ser Krys, I'd like to join you on your venture."

Becker Becker

Lilith wakes up from the catnap, yawning lightly and bouncing up, excited to explore. Exploring the new building they overtake had always been interesting and a whole lot of fun to Lilith. She liked to pretend she knew what the people were like and to act like them, doing simple household chores like the maids, or sleeping in someones bed. Yeah, she understood that made her weird, not like she cared though. The only person who she truly cared what they though of her was Kian. But thats not something for her to think about right now. Her emotions were conflicted in that aspect.

Lilith walks to her bag, grabbing a bottle of lavender to sprinkle as she walked. She then exited the room and started to explore the long corridors of the expansive castle. 'This place really is beautiful..' she thinks as she sprinkles lavender in a bedroom adorned in black and white.

Krys de Windsor S.jpg
Krys de Windsor
Caught off guard by the sight of Ruriko bowing, Krys hesitated for a moment before deciding to bow back; although his chest lashed out at his mind with a crunch of pain as one of his ribs was still rather sore. Bringing his head back up and grunting a little; he made a gesture to the gate-house beside them.

"You're more than welcome to join us lady Ruriko; it's nice to have someone of your skill amongst us if things go bad.." He looked out into the country-side, how it was cold but the snow only touched the tops of the mountains in the distance. He never used to think much of the landscape but this place felt special to him; taking in a deep breath, the air itself felt like it could heal his wounds if he remained there long enough. Pausing to shuffle the weight of his brigadine over from his injured shoulder; he gestured for the men to move out, there must have only been around twelve of them but they weren't going to battle. A mule brought along with them a few crates of rarities for trade along with some food and water for the travel itself. Looking back at her, he marvelled at the design of her yukata and it's fine details. He thought there and then that he would've been interested in visiting the lands to the east. Though his memories shot back to the times that he actually did, during crusades against heretics. He looked away and grinned at the word; 'heretic'. Those that turned away from Holy Creation and spilled blood for their own false gods. Krys shook his head of the propaganda that plagued his mind and gestured for horses.

A soldier rushed over with two horses and Krys nodded as he stepped up to the side of one and held out his hand to the Ronin to assist her. "Come, the first village is a few miles away.. these roads here will see us there in no-time."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back