• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Sound and Fury (A Dark Fantasy Roleplay)

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
In the beginning...there was nothing. Void. The chaotic energy of destruction. Then...boom. Something or someone caused a massive explosion of energy. At first, the universe had no substance. It was simply light and dark clashing against each other. But then something...happened. Before, Void had no conciousness, but when Creation came to stand against it, Void gained the greatest gift of all: sentience. It could feel, think, act. And the same went for Creation. Void hated it's existence, how there was no suffering before Creation came. Void had nothing, no purpose, no reason to even exist other than to oppose Creation so that it even had any meaning in the first place. Thus began the Seed of Evil.

Millions of years passed, the two entities learning of their powers and mastering them. Creation learned to, well, create. It created galaxies, stars, and eventually, life. Life was first created on the world of Karna. At first, life had no sentience. They went off of instinct and hunger. This troubled Creation. It wanted something just like it. Someone to keep it company. So, it created the first race, the Garres, or "First Ones." They were perfect in every way, molded in Creations own image. They were the first to use magic by bending the universe itsekf and harnessing it's primal energies. But Void became jealous. It had no one, nothing, and Creation had everything. So, Void created it's first and only creation: the Seed of Evil. It was an object completely filled and corrupted with every negative emotion possible. And so Void sent it to Karna, and the world was never the same. Greed, anger, hatred, they all manifested in the First Ones, and they tore themselves apart with both magic and blade. Creation was horrified, it's perfect creation doomed to destroy itself. To prevent anymore suffering, it ended the First Ones. Using all of it's power, it banished both itself and Void to a different plane of existence, permanently cutting their ties to our world. But not before creating us, humans. The "imperfect creation."

And so, here we are. Civilization rose, laws were created, and worship of the two entities began. Dogma ruled the world, and with little hope in it, religion became a beacon. But wars and suffering still continued. To put it simply, Creation doesn't help because it can't help. Among those world where the only God's are distant and impossible to reach, there are many orders. Knightly orders dedicated to justice and honor. Most of them are hokey at best glory being only an excuse for people to carry out their base desires. One of these orders is the Brimstone Legion. "The Black Knights." This is where the exiles go, the warriors who were either cast out of an order or were disillusioned with one and left. Their methods are...extreme, yes, but in the end they're dedicated to peace and justice. Even if justice is hanging someone from a strong branch. They are not an official order, so money is tight. Thus, they paint their armor black to prevent it from rusting, and so the stereotypical black knight was born. These are their stores.

Greetings! So I'm in a really big dark fantasy mood with a lot of conflict and war. So yeah! Here I am! The world is based off of various sources, mainly the manga series Berserk and the video game For Honor. The world is in a constant state of war and suffering, with nations fighting and killing for their causes. The idea I have is that everyone can create their own nation and culture that their character is from. Any culture is fine, and just about any backstory is fine. But your character should be at least connected to the Brimstone Legion in one way or another. As previously mentioned, the God's are distant, so most people take on a very secular way of thinking. No one really knows if there's an afterlife, and the common folk mainly live day by day. This will be quite griity and realistic, so be prepared for a lot of dark themes and situations. Also, no anime boys with swords bigger than themselves or anime chicks in skimpy bikinis. This is realistic fantasy, so plate armor and chainmail is what you would wear, and weapons actually have to have practical use. Women are allowed to do everything men can do in this world, so that's great, right? Anyway, enough rambling. Anyone interested?

CS:
Fantasy - Sound and Fury CS

IC:
Sound and Fury IC

Last edited:
I'm interested! I'll be a little busy the next few days, though, so I might be slow with keeping up.

I will say that it has been years since I've RPed, so if y'all take me, please bear with me. I will say that I can deliver at least two paragraphs a post, I write fairly well when it comes to grammar and whatnot and I think I'm pretty easy to work with. Let me know what you think ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back