• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Soulmate (Main thread)

Angelofdarkness

We live in a day and age where everything is picked out for us by the Government. From our job, down to who's the ideal match for us. On our 17th birthday we receive a packet from the Governement - a test to help determine who our soulmate is. And on our 18th birthday we receive another telling us who our ideal match is.

I wasn't at all prepared to take my test. The topic of soulmates was one my parents had just sort of breezed through. Sure the questions were easy enough to answer- ideal date, do I want kids, how soon I'd like to get married, ideal partners traits. You know the basic stuff.

An excited squeal wakes me from my sleep. Stiring I throw my pillow over my head. Another squeal sounds as I heave a sigh. Hauling myself out of bed I stumble down the stairs to see my Mother holding a large package.

"I'm sorry! I... I just couldn't help it. Your packet arrived and I wanted to see what kind of soulmate you got!" She squealed.

"Mom..." I groaned. "It's too early for this-" I start.

"Too early?! It's already nine am! You still have to pack to head out and meet your soulmate at your new house."

Snatching my packet I rush up to my room. Sitting on my bed my green eyes glancing over the packet. One word alone catches my attention- Undateable.

My mouth drops. What in the hell does that mean?

This day would come eventually, he just wasn’t expecting today to be the day...

A young man trudged out of his small, yet modern home. Dark circles still remained under his steel grey eyes from the sleepless night. Shaky fingers punched in a serial code on the panel of a mailbox of sorts, while the other hand fumbled around trying to locate his pack of cigarettes in one of the pockets of his khaki pants.

The box let out a small, short beep. Indicating that the passcode was correct. A front door slowly lowered and revealed the precious content inside.

He eventually found his cigarette, holding it between his teeth to light it. Afterwards, reaching for a yellow envelope that was crammed into his mail box. With a roll of his eyes, he flipped it over, figuring it would be an update on the research project he was assisting up at the nearby military base.

“Addressed to: Lieutenant Caspian Popov”
read a tiny sticker that was carelessly slapped onto the envelope.

Caspian gently pried open the letter, digging out the sheet of paper nesting inside. Unfolding it, his eyes scanned the paper, his lips occasionally reading off a sentence or two as well.

“Due to the data you have provided to us, our top of the line matching database has determined that you are to be matched with-“

“Fuck!” He shrieked, glaring at the cursed piece of paper. Caspian had figured he had managed to escape the requirements of being matched with a partner by enlisting in a government position. It unfortunately only delayed the process by two years, making him the age of 20.​

Arya
I sat at the kitchen table with the packet in my hands. Cian and Cillian has there’s as well. Cian was the most upset out of us all. He hated this system mostly because he hated being told who to love. My hands shook slightly and I looked down at my future. Cillian reaches out and took my head giving it a comforting squeeze. He put his hand in Cian to calm him. “All together.“ Cillian said. We all ripe open our packets and look inside. I held back tears as I read down the page. I skipped the basic government nonsense about how this process was important and blah blah blah. Down at the bottom, I read my results and let out a sob of relief. I covered my mouth and looked to my brothers for their results. Cillian had a stone face on. Impossible to read, but Cian was holding his paper so tight his knuckles were white. “Key?” I asked. He threw the paper down into the table with a grunt. “who do they think they are? Telling me what to do, who to love! It’s madness. I wish we would do away with this whole system.“ Cillian picked up Cians paper and I read over his shoulder. A tear rolled down my cheek when I realised this was real. We were going to meet our soulmates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back