• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Soulmate AU Deconstruction! - CS

OOC
Here

funandcreativity

Announcement: Deadline for submitting a character is Sunday 10/24 at 10 PM EDT!

Feel free to format your profile any way you want. I’m just asking for the following information at minimum:

Basics

Name:

Age: (Keep in mind the ages of the other characters. If you want your character to pursue a romantic relationship with or be paired as a soulmate with someone else’s character, you’ll probably want them to be around the same age.)

Gender/pronouns:

Appearance

(No need to be too detailed. Just include whatever information you think we should know. You can also use a picture.)

Personality

(Again, no need to be too detailed. Maybe a paragraph or two.)

History

(If they have any prior experience with all this “soulmate“ nonsense, be sure to mention it here. Specifically, I’d like to know if they’ve already met their soulmate. No need to establish which soulbonding method (name on body, timer, black and white vision, etc.) they got; that can be discussed in OOC.)

Relationships

(This RP will consist of a group of interconnected stories. Rather than everyone moving as a unit, the characters will be split into smaller groups or pairs within which they’ll primarily interact (though I do plan to have the groups cross paths). In order to make it easier to find your smaller group, we need an idea of what you hope to get out of your sub-plot.

EDIT: No need to put anything here. ”Relationships” is just a section header. Sorry if that wasn’t clear!)

Would you like your character’s “soulmate” to be someone else’s character in the RP? (Check one):
[ ] Yes, please, if you can!
[ ] I’m open to it, but it’s not necessary.
[ ] No. I’d rather handle who their soulmate is myself.

What kind of relationship(s) are you looking to explore with this character?: (Romantic, platonic, polyamorous, etc. Please also include if you want their primary relationship(s) to be with people who are or are not their soulmate. Or both! If you’re not sure, you can say that, too.)

Any gender preferences for the character(s) they’ll primarily interact with?: (Include romantic preferences if applicable, and if you have any gender preferences for other relationships.)

Anything else you’d like in your sub-plot?:

Feel free to include additional stuff!

Last edited:
Name: may

Gender/pronouns: she/them

Appearance 9BC4FF73-53D5-489C-BA18-1EB4B53A7164.png
Personality sweet and loving, but is autistic and has some trouble speaking. She loves the great outdoors and loves stuffed animals and animals
History she was originally an orphan and lived in the orphanage with her stuffed animals. When she turned 18 she was let out to go live on her own and she wanted to meet her soulmates

Relationships
I literally have no idea

Would you like your character’s “soulmate” to be someone else’s character in the RP? (Check one):
[ p] Yes, please, if you can!

What kind of relationship(s) are you looking to explore with this character?:
I want Polly please

Any gender preferences for the character(s) they’ll primarily interact with?: none she is pan anyway

A bit of nature would make me happy

Name:
Gabriel Hernandez
Appearance;
D62CA1B2-E22E-4CFB-AB47-7C9FA58F1830.jpeg
Personality:
Gabriel is a shy and gentle figure, he’s usually quite when around a group of people or friends and keeps to himself, he’s a introvert and usually doesn’t star conversations, though when alone with his future soulmate he hopes he meets up to her standards, he actually quite needy and selfish and likes to keep what he likes but he doesn’t have any physical advances, though he is quite smart.
He is actually surprisingly into the opposite of himself and likes it when someone talks to him even though he usually doesn’t respond and just does simple head nods and body movement. He usually chases after a goal and is an over achiever in life. Gabriel is usually a shy and gentle man though he is quite caring to others.
Some interesting traits about him is that he actually loves to play the drums and is spectacular at it, he usually can come up with a beat out of his creative young mind, though he doesn’t like to show his skills in public because he suffers from stage freight and people criticizing himself to much, because of this he usually doesn’t open up about anything in fact and cares about other people more than himself.
Gabriel ask has a hard time taking to people and always has constant inner freak outs to himself though he hides it well, but he does have panic attacks in public at times.
He sadly suffers from ptsd and depression from when he was young where his mother and his sister had died in a car crash when he was young, making it feel like it’s his fault he constantly is an emotional wreck when he thinks about it, and he feels that it is his fault entirely and hopes his future,’soul mate’, can help him deal with these problems, though he’s to scared to see a therapist with the constant fear of being judged.
[ p] Yes, please, if you can!
I’m looking for a relationship where it is a girl and she is an extrovert instead of an introvert. (I love it when opposites attract.)though I don’t mind really!
Gender preferences:
Female please!
Subplot:
I’m not really looking for anything in specific so you can choose!

Last edited:
Basics

Name: Rebecca Elizabeth James

Gender/pronouns: Female/ she/her

Appearance

see attached photo

Personality

Rebecca is normally a quiet person who has a heart of gold. She loves to laugh, have fun and take care of everyone. Calling her more of a lover than a fighter is supremely accurate since she would rather just hang out and joke around with people than be in the middle of conflict unless she absolutely has to. She will fight and stand her ground if she must but her preferred way to sort out conflict is with pastries, coffee and talking it through.

History

Rebecca comes from a fairly well to do family. She did well in school, was fairly well liked by all and was heralded as one of the best musicians to come out of her high school in the last decade. Following the things she grew up to believe and feel, she entered into pre-med so that she could become a doctor. She is currently in her second year of pre-med and has yet to meet her so-called 'soulmate'. It isn't that she doesn't believer her one true love is out there, she thinks that maybe there's more than one person for her since she has so much love to offer and thinks that she'll meet them when the time is right with the universe.

[x] I’m open to it, but it’s not necessary.

I'm open to just about anything, maybe a little polyamorous loving between her soulmate and another; friendships

Any gender preferences for the character(s) they’ll primarily interact with?: not particularly, she's practically a lesbian(is able to admit that she can appreciate a guys looks but feels nothing more) so women would make her extremely happy but she gets on well with everyone.

fluffy romance, a little drama maybe(perhaps the non-soulmate wants more of her time and love than she gives them?) that isn't too dramatic

Attachments

• aflute.jpg
    aflute.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 6
Name: Atlas Reeves

Gender/pronouns: She/Her

Appearance

Check attached photo~

Personality

Atlas has a particularly kind heart that is worm on her sleeve. She tends to be reserved, and at times a bit clueless. She loves all things athletics, and hates doing her hair. She tends to be at but blunt, in the most innocent of ways, as she just doesn’t think sometimes before she speaks. She could go on and on about her interests for hours on end, specifically about animals, which is why she is studying to be a veterinarian. Definitely a talker.

History

Atlas loves the idea of a soulmate, and couldn’t imagine a world in which hers isn’t perfect. She’s had relationships prior that didn’t work out for various reasons, but the thought that someone, somewhere, is out there just for her keeps her going. Her family life had always been a bit difficult, she jumped from foster home to foster home until she was a teenager, when her parents regained custody. For this reason specifically, a set in stone future, even with its problems, is very important to her.

Relationships

[x] Yes, please, if you can!

I’m personally interested in primarily romantic relationships. I’m a sucker for cheesy fluff and angst,, Since you said groups may cross paths, friendships may happen too. :,)

Any gender preferences for the character(s) they’ll primarily interact with?: Atlas identifies as straight - Male please

Attachments

• 7E38556D-74AB-4B20-B424-5F2773CA1205.jpeg
    7E38556D-74AB-4B20-B424-5F2773CA1205.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

• Basics

Name: Ellen Lavigne

Gender/pronouns: Female; she/her

Appearance: For a face claim, I choose Sam from Totally Spies.

2CA50CC8-2C4F-4643-9D6B-A25FDAF730E1.png

Basics

Name: Nina Simone Rivera

Gender/pronouns: Cis Female

Appearance

0311DEFC-63BF-4D9B-B6C3-167EB36495C6.jpeg
(( Some other info appearance info: She’s 5’2 with a pear shaped figure and wide hips. She has freckles and a small tooth gap.))
Personality

Nina comes off as a sweet, naive girl who can be a bit dim. And while there is some truth to that kind and unknowing persona, it’s mostly a lie. Nina pretends to be a lot more naive than she actually is. She’s afraid that she wouldn’t be accepted by others if she was completely herself. So she pretends to be someone that most would want to protect, someone stupid but kind and outgoing. A saint who’s selfless and comforting. And for the most part. She is a genuinely kind person, acting the way she does so others feel comfortable and safe around her. She’s selfless in her own way and she’s very thoughtful and considerate to those she holds dear. She’s just afraid of being her true self and being rejected for it.

Nina is a very insecure person, she knows it and she hides it as much as she can. She gets jealous of other people’s happiness and immediately hates herself for feeling that way. She’s a hypocrite who wants others to trust her, but never truly trusts anyone. As much as she pretends not to, she knows that the world is a cruel place. She just doesn’t get why it was so cruel to her. She’s convinced she must have done something to deserve her misfortune.

History

Nina’s childhood was awful. It kind of had to be to produce someone as emotionally damaged as she is. She spent much of her childhood in her home stuck in a mansion with a family who hated her for being born autistic. It didn’t help that she was homeschooled either. Her family held her to unreachable expectations and even when she succeed they would try and find a way to punish her. Whether it was her missing a question in a quiz and not being allowed to eat dinner that day. Or being locked in a cramped cellar until she could recite a lesson from her textbook perfectly(for no particular reason). Her abuse became more physical as she became a teenager, but it suddenly stopped one day when she was sixteen. That was thanks to her brother, he got sick of her taking the abuse and not fighting back that he literally got in a fist fight with his father about it. Markus Lee had been her only saving grace throughout her entire life. And he had saved her yet again. Not much happened in the next two years. But when she turned 18 she immediately moved out of her house and made her rich parents give her money to buy and apartment and settle down somewhere else(she collected evidence of her abuse and used it as blackmail. That’s when she first learned that pretending to be stupid was useful) she got a job at a flower boutique near her home and has been vibing ever since.

Relationships

(To be determined!)

[ X ]Yes, please, if you can!

What kind of relationship(s) are you looking to explore with this character?: I’m open for all kinds of bonds to be formed with her!

Any gender preferences for the character(s) they’ll primarily interact with?: She’s Bisexual with a male lean but the can be platonic friends with literally anyone.

Anything else you’d like in your sub-plot?: Fluff, hurt comfort is Spicey too

Last edited:
Basics

Name: Phoebe Jean Abbott

Gender/pronouns: Female, she/her

Appearance
height: 5'1"

body: Phoebe has what some would call an hourglass figure. However, it isn't very dramatic. She simply has a smaller waist compared to her hips and bust.

skin/modifications: Her skin is fairly pale, only adorning freckles along the tops of her cheeks during sunnier seasons. As for modifications, Phoebe does have a few tattoos here and there, along with a marking that was given to her since birth.

hair: Her hair is naturally wavy, and dark brown. She'll occasionally dye it now and then but otherwise it usually stays at a darker brown color.

eyes: Light blue

fc: michele alves
6c440fc301861d7460c57e9ebba06ee4fc5a9858.png
3d878c31ff111003be492501b5be589d.jpg
tumblr_ox4a8iVxlK1u6mx9bo1_400.jpg

Personality

Phoebe is a fairly confident woman, knowing her worth and being pretty quick to defend herself. Before the death of her soulmate, she was extroverted, often finding herself making new friends in odd places. She was someone who always has a story to tell, thanks to her impulsiveness and lack of caring when it comes to other people's opinions.

However, after the death of her soulmate, she hasn't found the drive to meet new people. Her view of the world became much more cynical. Hopeless. What's the point of even trying if the person you used to do everything for was taken from you? Things seem much more fickle to her now. She's trying to get back the person she once was, but it's taking much longer than she had hoped.

That doesn't mean she can't talk to people, or start conversation.. She may just not have the patience she once had. Especially if it's someone flirting with her. Right now, as far as Phoebe's concerned, her time for love has come and gone.

tdlr: outgoing, blunt, socially intelligent, jaded, etc.

History

Phoebe was one of the lucky ones, having found her soulmate at a young age. He was her next door neighbor, just like the movies. They had known each other since elementary school all the way to senior year. They began dating organically, only for them to open up about their birthmarks to see if they were really "meant to be." It turned out that they did have matching birthmarks. Phoebe was ecstatic, over the moon at the fact that she had found her forever.

Except nothing is forever, and that Phoebe learned that the hard way. She won't go into detail about it with most, but a year prior to the start of the rp, he soulmate died at the tragic age of 22, leaving the woman by herself.

Relationships

[ x ] I’m open to it, but it’s not necessary.

I mainly want to explore romantic, but I'm also down for platonic turning into romantic, or romantic turning platonic! Or exploring the idea of people who aren't soulmates working through it.

Any gender preferences for the character(s) they’ll primarily interact with?:
There aren't any preferences, really. Phoebe is bisexual and as for friendships, I'm down for anyone really.

so far, not really. just looking for a plot where phoebe tries to grow as a person and meets someone along the way who can help her with that.

Basics

Name:
Maxum Rudolph

Gender/pronouns: He/Him/ Daddy

Appearance
maxumpro.jpgsuitmax.jpg

Personality

A lover of beauty, luxury, and wealth, Maxum acts in accordance to his passions.
He thrives on exploring new territories--never wanting to stay in the same place or
see the same things. His social image and reputation hold great importance to him, as well as praise
from outside sources. Though confident in himself, he craves external confirmation,
absorbing it like a vampire. Though shallow in his approach, he is actually quite honest, hard-working, and a people pleaser.

With an optimist and cheery approach in most situations, he's infectious and flirtatious personality can become
hard to resist. At least in his mind. Underneath his hollow visage lays a warm-hearted
and kind soul who yearns for safety in a relationship. However, due to such a chaotic
emotional inner-world, Maxum usually finds himself feeling lonely due to not being able to
to find emotional security in another--rather finding comfort by distancing himself. He may unintentionally come off as cold in result.

History

Maxum grew up in a lofty neighborhood of Los Angeles, Ca. Raised by his widowed father,
Maxum was taught the subjective necessities of "being a real man." Of course this left
his more feminine side to be neglected and resulted in a chaotic emotional world. He
attended the best private schools his father could afford from the great wealth his mother
left after her sudden demise. Life after his mother changed drastically as his father upgraded
their way of living: their home, food, clothes. Being so young, this sparked the small
fire within Maxum for his fondness for the finer things. He used his life of luxury to
create his own wealth by starting a GMO/Pesticides free cannabis shop and brand called
"Sweet Lux" which he operates and owns today. He is single as a pringle, and does not
believe in a "one true" soulmate.

Relationships

[ x] Yes, please, if you can!

Looking for a playful platonic turned romance relationship. Maxum is flirty and doesn't believe in one true soulmate. I'd like to possibly stir up trouble with whoever he is paired with. A push and pull dynamic. Runner and chaser dynamic.

Any gender preferences for the character(s) they’ll primarily interact with?:
He's Heterosexual. Encourages platonic connections.

He can come off as cold, and doesn't believe in soulmates. He's afraid of his true emotions towards whoever he's paired with, so they would have to be okay with him potentially breaking off to temporarily date other women out of his fear mechanism.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back