• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Soulmate AU Deconstruction! [CLOSED]

funandcreativity

Announcement: The deadline for joining is Sunday 10/24 at 10 PM EDT! If you would like to be a part of this, please have your character sheet up by then!

In this world, mysterious forces assign everyone to another person. Some have names written on their bodies, others are connected by a thread, others still can hear each other’s thoughts...the list goes on. It is commonly believed that the person you are assigned to is your “soulmate”. Your One True Love, destined to be with you until death do you part.

But some wonder...is this really true?

Some people aren’t interested in romantic partners at all. And some who are don’t believe in a One True Love. Couples who aren’t “soulmates” have been perfectly happy together, and some people go their whole lives without ever meeting their “soulmate” and feel just fine. And what happens if your soulmate dies young? Are you just doomed to remain alone forever? That’s not fair!

We’ll be playing a group of people in this world. Some will be “soul bonded” together, while some may not have found their “soulmate” yet. I’m picturing a bunch of stories weaved together, ideally exploring different aspects of this universe. Maybe there’s a “bonded“ pair consisting of a diehard believer and a skeptic. Maybe different people have different ideas on what the soulmate system means. Maybe someone’s “bonded” to someone they can’t stand, or even someone that makes them uncomfortable and unsafe. And maybe, as mentioned above, someone’s not even interested in romantic relationships. It’s up to you.

Anyone want to be part of this ensemble cast?

EDIT: Thanks for the interest so far! There’s more I felt I needed to clarify.

Additional Details

You don’t need to feel pressured to write a lot. You’ll probably need at least a paragraph or two at first because you’ll need to establish some things, but other than that, I only ask for your replies to have substance.

LGBTQ characters and relationships are welcome. “Soulmates” included. Not sure if I needed to specify that; I just wasn’t sure if it was proper to apply the LGBTQ sub-genre when the RP can also include cis, straight characters.

If enough people express interest, I’ll make a CS and OOC thread. In the CS thread, you can specify if you’d like your character to meet their “soulmate” right away, if you’d prefer to wait, or if you don’t want it to happen at all. We can use the OOC thread to pair up “soulmates”.

I’m thinking my character will tie everyone’s stories together. They might be a relationship counselor or run an advice blog.

Last edited:
I would be interested in something like this since it seems open to involve more than just love, is there a chance that maybe a soul-pair are soulmates because they are best friends for life (and beyond/death/etc) without the kind of love you find in kissing, couples, etc.

I would be interested in something like this since it seems open to involve more than just love, is there a chance that maybe a soul-pair are soulmates because they are best friends for life (and beyond/death/etc) without the kind of love you find in kissing, couples, etc.
They can be!

There’s no clearcut definition of what soulmates are in this world. All that’s known for sure is that everyone, once they reach a certain age, gets something that connects them to another person. A name on their body, etc. While the kissing, couple love is what most people think it means, not everyone agrees. Some believe it can be platonic, and some soul pairs are best friends!

Platonic pairs may have to overcome societal pressure to get them to date, but that‘s about it.

i’m really interested in seeing how poly dynamics would work with this, since the whole soulmate genre is based on finding your “one true love” and all

one question, will we be getting a discord server for this or will the ooc just be on site?

i’m really interested in seeing how poly dynamics would work with this, since the whole soulmate genre is based on finding your “one true love” and all

one question, will we be getting a discord server for this or will the ooc just be on site?
Polyamorous dynamics are definitely one thing to explore! The in universe “soulmate” system works in pairs, so polyam relationships are one thing people have to find on their own.

Good question. I’d say on site if it’s only a few of us. If there’s, I dunno...10 or more, I can start a Discord server.

If you’re still accepting, I would be literally ecstatic to join this ^^

Thanks for the interest!

Everyone, I’m bumping for the LAST CALL! The deadline to add your character sheet is tonight at 10 PM EDT. After that, I will be closing the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back