• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy SoulBound

Impius

The Corrupt
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Super Basic World info:
The setting is an early American industrial steampunk world, cities never sleeping and quiet country sides and forests stretch across the world. Humans are always accompanied by their Soulbond, which takes the form of a weapon. Within this weapon is the other half, the polar opposite side, of the humans soul. Usually genders are opposing, but this is not always the case. Communicating with the weapons happen over a telepathic link that is formed at birth. After the humans 21st birthday, the weapon's Core Power is revealed. Each Power is unique and complimentary to the humans abilities. No one, even the weapon, knows what this power is until it is unlocked. The power of this ability is determined by the humans discipline.

Soulbonds can communicate with each other, but not one human to another persons Soulbond.

Human and weapon can communicate over vast distances, however the further away they are, the weaker the telepathic link is. At a certain distance, the link disappears. And neither can feel the other. Obsidian containers have the ability to block out telepathic abilities. Thievery of ones Soulbond is not frequent, but there is a black market for them, and rumors have recently began to circulate that there is a way to force someone else's bond onto themselves.

Magic does exist in this world. Most people could be classified as Sorcerers and Sorceresses if they had wished. Everyone has a touch of magic born with them.

Plot Idea One:
Character A and Character B have just met each other. Well, A found B knocked out cold on the side of the road with some concerning wounds, an obvious mugging. Deciding to gain some good karma, A takes B home and patches them up. B wakes up, in a strangers house. And their Soulbond was missing. No signs of a mental link can be found. A admitted they never looked for it, figuring it had been concealed away. Can B get A to help them find the men B can so vividly remember? And will B be able to find their Soulbond? How far will they have to go in order to get it back?

Plot Idea Two:
A is a bounty hunter. They excel working from the shadows and remaining anonymous, well known to the wealthy who want jobs done but don't want to personally get their hands dirty. B is well known for their social influence on the people. B could be classified as a Rebel Leader, preaching about equality for the worker, safer working environments, and better pay as the wealthy sip their tea. B has gained a fairly decent following, however not exactly threatening to the Union. Yet someone has found B to be threatening enough to high infamous A to terminate B. The job was taken. When A attempts to take out B in their sleep, B surprises A and counter-attacks. After a midnight scuffle, A pinned, B retrieves information about the contract A took. This will lead to A and B discussing the "right and wrongs" of the system they live under. A doesn't know the struggle of working the mines or crawling into hot engine compartments, but B does all too well. B educates A on the unfairness, and eventually converts A's point of view and to help put the Rebels actions into motion. <Soulbonds will be heavily involved with this but won't be as much as a focus as Plot One>

Any additional ideas for plots or additives are very much welcome, this will be a collaboration thing of course.

Literacy I don't expect books. I don't expect excelling vocabulary. I would like to at least get a decent paragraph out for each post, however I know sometimes I can be a struggle to do even that. I would like to avoid one liners if possible, but sometimes it happens. I'm not going to be a stickler.

Frequency I generally work 50 hours a week, so I don't have a ton of spare time. I would like to try to aim for once a week or every two. I know life happens and people need to take hiatus or simply leave, and that is okay.

Maturity I would like to keep the themes mature. I expect cussing, use of drugs and alcohol themes, fightin', spittin', ect. Site rules followed of course

Romance Both of these plots can easily become a romance, and that is fine. It can easily be intertwined into the theme and might actually be suiting especially for Plot Two. Romance is not required. LGBTQIA+ accepted, and is a little preferred but not required.

Ghosting Friendly. I would appreciate a message of withdrawal, even if it's simply "I quit," but I understand that cant always be done. I won't be mad for anyone ghosting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back