• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Regal Rper

Mad Scientist
1448830490-311801a6b6b912308f3128016a5160e2.jpeg

Soul Eater: F.A.T.E.

"It is true: not everyone is meant to be an Agent of the DWMA. The job is thankless, the risk is high, and the pressure is more than anyone should ever have to handle. However, I am of the opinion that people are not expendable. Now more than ever, we need a vanguard for humanity; and disregarding those with the training and skill to be that vanguard is not only wasteful, but can foster a hate just as dangerous as any foe on the battlefield. The F.A.T.E. program exists because too many times I have seen good souls become lost because we failed them."
Lord Death the Second

The year is 2067. The world has changed drastically from the one we once knew. Kishin Asura lies in dormancy, sealed within the moon. Technological advancement has taken entirely new courses due to silicon shortages, the AI scandals of the 2040's, and the advent of Magitech. Magic itself has become public knowledge, alongside the integration of Witches and Mages, with a media presence known as the Wiccan Council. Yet, with all of these worldly changes, danger and evil still exists. Of course it does: a little madness, and thus a little darkness, is still present inside every soul. Each decade, it seems, has been marked by a war that called for the Meisters of the DWMA. And, each time, Lord Death the Second and his elite Meisters have managed to keep the world safe. The struggles have lead to smaller numbers in the DWMA and fuel for the fire to those that question whether the DWMA can continue to keep the world safe, even with the newfound support of magic and magitech.

In 2064, the predecessor of the F.A.T.E. program was debuted with the Paean Program. One hundred and twenty-six young Meisters, Weapons, and Witches either on the verge of expulsion or already disbarred were given a second chance in the DWMA. The program had its failures, but was overall considered a success. Over half of the agents in the program ultimately returned to the DWMA, some with a new lease on their status as agents, some even becoming officers within the DWMA. However, the failures of the Paean Program led to its reformation. Whereas Paean was an experiment, the F.A.T.E. program is a system. The system was given more structure, more scope, and more oversight all in hopes to avoid the failures of the Paean Program.

F.A.T.E. as an acronym stands for Final Attempt before Termination Effort and is precisely what it sounds like. It is official program for earning a second chance within the DWMA, both for existing agents and previous ones. And, despite the term "final", it technically is not the absolute final chance an agent can be given. The program is not only designed to assure agents will function well in the field, but to take agents previously deemed too unsafe for the field and find a method to make them safe. Many of the resources used to help older agents with burnout and PTSD are being used to help these agents, combining resources to learn from both. The system is designed insofar that even if one fails their first attempt in the F.A.T.E. program, they may reapply up to three times after a two year waiting period and a personally-designed rehabilitation program by the DWMA staff, sometimes even involving probationary tutelage under an existing agent. Even those that failed the original Paean Program are allowed to apply, and some have with hopes of returning to the field.

Those within F.A.T.E. do not carry a rank like official agents, only being known as a Fate Agent. Due to the initial failures of the Paean Program, those with more dangerous abilities are often required to wear a collar capable of effecting their abilities: Wavelength Disrupting for Meisters and Weapons or a Magic Dampener for Mages. While these are not always necessary, it was one of the demanded caveats of the DWMA Council. Fate Agents are always overseen in their squads by an official agent, many of them being volunteers from the original Paean Project wishing to "give back" to the program that gave them a second chance. These squads go on live missions depending on their skill level, receive legitimate training, and typically have access to all DWMA resources a One Star agent would. That said, while officially there is little discrimination against Fate Agents, there is an unfortunate social stigma associated with them, including those first successful agents from the Paean Program.

This will be the focus of this world and this roleplay. Those agents attempting to stay in the DWMA or return to it via the F.A.T.E. program. Those that were deemed dangerous to others, ineffective on missions, or presenting with behavioral issues. Some agents have been touched by Madness. Some are the consequences of the evil experiments in this world. Some simply don't like the authority above them. All of them, however, share that one common interest: officially returning to the field as an Agent. In the new world government, "freelance" agents are often considered war criminals with very few exceptions, and many ultimately find themselves in prison. Some dead. And, while some can make it with that lifestyle on the run, effectively a mercenary against evil, most know its mortality rate and questionable morals, opting to follow the path set forth by the DWMA. Besides, many of the S-Ranked missions are hunting down those freelance agents turned mad... or worse. That is a fate that even the fated wish to avoid.

GMs: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Was wondering what you mean by magitech by the way. Is it tech that harnesses some magic and allows those who aren't mages or witches to use some kind of magic, or is it special tech that helps harness a witch's/mage's magic through a medium?

Was wondering what you mean by magitech by the way. Is it tech that harnesses some magic and allows those who aren't mages or witches to use some kind of magic, or is it special tech that helps harness a witch's/mage's magic through a medium?

There will be wikia-style Lore pages detailing many of the unique facets of this AU including magitech. All are created, we just haven't put them up publically yet to get the interest check going.

Magitech is effectively a marriage of Rune Magic and technology that allows Mana to be used as a power source as well as do a few things that, well, real world tech cannot. It is not intended to replicate the spellcasting of a Witch, but it can add some versatility.

Magitech more so affects functions of every day life. Virtually anything with a battery can be converted to a Magitech system, from cell phones to electric cars, and there are even examples of current technology being improved directly with magitech. For example, there is a set of earbuds that can create an air cushion around the ears to emulate what you would get with a true set of headphones, resulting in better base, sub bass, and sound stage than you would ever get with ear buds alone. It's a super trivial thing in the grand scheme, but it's an example of how Magitech has infiltrated markets and improved products.

On the other hand (no pun intended) , there's a professor with a completely bionic magitech arm and a few tricks up that metallic sleeve.

Tl:dr magitech improves existing technology with magic, but doesn't surpass actual magic users. You could say it may put magic in the hands of non magic users, but the difference is like giving children sparklers vs soldiers flamethrowers.

Lmao that tldr XD

Thank you for answering. :3 I figured yall got some Lore pages you haven't set up yet and are just waiting to garner interest. Thank you for answering my question. :3

Ask any questions you may have! To be honest, the RP is effectively done. Regal and I both have access to the finalized pages. It just got too late to get it all sorted out and up, honestly. 😅

Meisters, Weapons, and Magic Users of various types will all be playable "classes" if you will and we've gone to pretty considerable efforts to keep them balanced. Their will also be a few potential alternate races with some caveats and once you see the "types" of Fate Agents, also different reasons and approaches detailed out for the various reasons a character would be in the program.

You shouldn't be starved for options in the slightest.

Oh, hooray! :D I was thinking of having a character be a werewolf, but in the middle of her transformation, she gets cursed and ends up being stuck in between the stages. So she's got some interesting weaknesses and strengths from that alone. Other than that, she's a Meister.

I have another character for her, too, one who is very emotionally flippant and quite the opposite from her. But he transforms into an electrifying bo-staff. XD

Hopefully, the race concept of my Meister is okay. XD I was talking to Regal about it earlier, but I just want to make sure the concept of that will be okay. Obviously, I need to iron out those two first. XD

I was thinking of having a character be a werewolf, but in the middle of her transformation,

We may want to explore this idea a bit. Werewolves are in fact a playable race, but "being" a werewolf is genetic. An individual can even be a carrier of the gene and it not be expressed for them, but potentially could be with their children. And, notably, if the gene is expressed, that individual is no "less" or "weaker" of a werewolf than any individual in their bloodline that came before them. In this world, outside of one very specific example / clan, there isn't a process to transform into a werewolf.

That said, most werewolf clans can actively transform between their normal and werewolf states, so if the issue the character has is in that transformation, we could explore that. I did leave a lot of unmentioned werewolf clans open for possible variations.

What we would probably do here is figure out what you're looking for in the character in that "stuck between" stage to see if we can work backwards to somehow make it happen. I'll get with Regal.

I have another character for her, too, one who is very emotionally flippant and quite the opposite from her. But he transforms into an electrifying bo-staff. XD

Regal and I haven't actually yet discussed whether or not we wanted to proceed with players playing partners. But for the electrifying Bo Staff concept, I personally loooooove staves/spears. Some of my favorite weapons, hands down. I'd like to see how this comes out. Introducing an element always makes is look a little closer to make sure everything is good and balanced, but the core concept here isn't disagreeable. Just depends on execution. Again, staves are a favorite.

Oh, your return would be splendid. Everything has been reworked. And, you have the options of new OC or bringing back previous characters from either the Paean Program or before that. Soooo, you my friend have options galore.

Only four parallel universes? How many times so you think we even rewrote this world 🤣🤣

This sounds positively riveting! Are you willing to accept someone who doesn't know very much about Soul-Eater and has never watched the anime (aka does this fact have any bearing/effect on this RP) but will do their utmost to follow the lore? Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

This sounds positively riveting! Are you willing to accept someone who doesn't know very much about Soul-Eater and has never watched the anime (aka does this fact have any bearing/effect on this RP) but will do their utmost to follow the lore? Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

In the index for information for the game, there is plenty of "post canon" information and links to the wikia. I'm not inherently opposed to this if you want to do the research.

Announcement

We do have the Lore and CS pages up and available to view here:

Well feel free to lurk around! Just making characters at the moment. Hit up the Discord if you want, too! If you're a Lore fan, there's plenty of that to burn your time as well.

Hello there, are you still accepting other players? I'm interested in the pitch so far and will read the lore later on today, asides from me there may be two others who may tag along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back