• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Soul Eater A Fool's Errand [Book 1]

Asagi

BOOK I
A Silent wish

riRutib.png

"No matter how many times I open my eyes after each night, I always wake up in this place.
A dark forest vast as my eyes can reach, iluminated by the big moon in the sky.
I wander and wander every night, trying to find my way back home, but I always end up in the same place...
Will I ever wake up? That is what I thought at the beginning, but I closed my eyes a long time ago, after all...

I will never wake up from this nightmare."

"I guess it is time."

A person wandered the hallways as he looked at the watch on his wrist, after confirming what he needed to see, his fixed the sleeve of his suit, hiding the watch underneath it. When someone says 'It is time' it means they are about to participate on an event, but the correct term would have been 'I guess I am very late' or 'perhaps I am getting kicked once more...'. Yet the person kept walking at the halls of the building in a very slow pace, he knew where to go but instead of going towards it he just kept exploring the spacious corridors and rooms, you could say he was exploring the place. But this man knew every corner like the palm of his hand, after all, he has been roaming this place for almost 32 years.

Shibusen, a school where individuals gathered from around the world to sharpen their skills and talents, was accepting once more new students. "To keep the balance of the World" has always been its purpose, and even with the threat of the Kishin Azura gone for 200 years, the school continued to recruit Meisters, Weapons and Witches to provide them a second home, where they could growth and have a steady future.

"Um..." The man in the suit pondered as he watched the multitude gathered at the entrance of the School, "is it not better to just record an opening message and stream it every year...? I don't feel lik-" *smack* his sudden attempt to bail out was interrupted by a hit on the head.

"You are late you geezer" The woman fixed the staff once more next to her. "How long were you daydreaming inside the school while I had to look after these witches and savages? If you are feeling down let me cast this spell on you so you can get a little more...lively" She flicked her fingers and created a small fireball which she held on her left hand. One would assume that the Woman was joking, but the trembling man on the suit, Dante, knew what kind of woman Mireia was.

"Ahhh...ah I get it...I get it! I will just start...Ahem" He fixed his hair and walked towards the people that were gathered at the entrance, and with open arms he began

"Let me be the first person to welcome you to Death Academy, a place where younglings can gather and develop their skills, whether they be meisters, weapons or witches; what unites us in harmony is the duty to preserve what is important for us, our lives and our future.
200 years ago not only it marks the culmination of the war between witches and humans, but also the valiant efforts of Meisters, Weapons and Witches to keep the threat of this world sealed and hidden forever, It is our duty to preserve their memory by keeping balance and peace in this world

May be this another great year for Death Academy"

And with that opening speech, the people, or rather the students were allowed access on the school, this marks the beginning of their tale.

Welcome to Shibusen, this is the beginning for your characters. After they arrived on the school they waited approx 2 hours until Dante greeted them.
You are free to roam on the school and interact with other players, if you want to start with a partner this is the best moment to begin.

Bodhi Naveyra
Bodhi quietly stared at his alarm clock, its ear-piercing ringing blaring through the room. When was the last time he'd woken up this early? One year? Five? Ten? Who even knew at this point. With a loud grunt Bodhi incorporated himself and turned off the alarm. Was it too late to give up on his father's wishes? Sadly yeah. From that point Bodhi's morning progressed quite averagely. Shower, getting changed, breakfast and leaving his house with an overtaxed spirit that yearned for a swift death.

Finding his way towards Death Academy wasn't hard at all, what was hard blow though was standing on a sea of teens as 28 year old adult. Needless to say, Bodhi's pride was left in shambles for a moment there. Time passed by an nothing seemed to happen, Bodhi questioned if laying on the ground and taking a nap right there and then would get him in trouble, but these thoughts were dashed away as an older looking man appeared in front of the group of the group of new students and began speaking:
"Let me be the first person to welcome you to Death Academy, a place where younglings can gather and develop their skills, whether they be meisters, weapons or witches; what unites us in harmony is the duty to preserve what is important for us, our lives and our future.
200 years ago not only it marks the culmination of the war between witches and humans, but also the valiant efforts of Meisters, Weapons and Witches to keep the threat of this world sealed and hidden forever, It is our duty to preserve their memory by keeping balance and peace in this world.
May be this another great year for Death Academy"
Now, it's important to mention that through this whole speech Bodhi's attention bounced from the headmaster, to the witch standing next to him ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), to the laughing sun, to a passing by bird before finally returning to the headmaster. Bodhi couldn't help but lightly chuckle, he truly felt like terribly out of place ,but oh well, there was no going back now. As the batch of new students advanced into the academy so did Bodhi, though unlike the rest he had no clue on where to go. Bodhi ended up situating himself right outside his first class with his back against the wall and as he waited for classes to begin he placed a cigarette in his mouth.
"Wait, am I even allowed to smoke in here?" Bodhi pondered for a second, shrugged and ended up lighting the cigarette anyways.

Hambriento

The crowd of students dispersed every which way after the Headmaster's speech. By and large the students traveled in clumps chattering with people they already knew or friends they just made. Hambriento, on the other hand, stood motionless, towering over the children, staring into Death City. He was born and raised in a small fishing village in Brazil. He had never seen so many people, so many buildings, or so much life in one place. There was a lot to take in, but there was also a lot of time.

Hambriento adjusted his worn out suspender strap and turned to follow the rest of the students into the academy. There was a slight fish out of water feeling -- he was bigger, older, and grimier than the other students. A few them seemed to go out of their way to avoid him. Well, no matter. He did not come to DWMA to make friends. He came to find a partner.

He swung open the door to the first year EAT classroom and yelled, "Bonjour!".

There was no one in the classroom. Hambriento shrugged, pulled up a seat, and waited for others to trickle in.

SAYOMI MELODY

"I don't know about this..."

Melody was sitting on a corner as the Headmaster made his speech, she wasn't good at dealing with other people so instead of gathering at the entrance, she preferred to stay a little farther.

"It is our duty to preserve their memory by keeping balance and peace in this world"

Those were the words that caught her interest the most It is true that meinsters and weapons have kept things nicely for the rest of us...but... She pondered as she stared her left hand, with a small spark of light her fingers to the wrist turned into a blade. She, like many others was a special kind of human being, with the ability to turn into a weapon at will; in the past they were called Death Weapons.

"Can I really do it...?"

Melody was the kind of person to never interact with the outside world, she spent most of her time holed inside a room. But her own self criticism clashed with that mindset, with the idea of being "useless" to her family made her consider Shibusen as an escape and solution...but the idea of interacting with other people sent shivers to her spine.

"I guess I will just make my way to the classroom...I think it was supposed to be..." she picked the small note inside her pocket "Classroom 'EAT'...that is a weird name" She tossed the small note to a trash can nearby, with the entrance open after the speech, she rushed her way into the classroom, in there she saw someone already sitting by himself. She avoided eye contact and sat in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
Deta Kyabare

Deta hadn't gotten any sleep for the past two nights.

While it'd probably be enough to throw another person out of the loop, Deta was well experienced in the beautiful art of insomnia. Nightmares that his mind obsessed over made him... well, you could say, less prone to sleeping than normal human beings. Terrifying images, dreams, sounds, lingered in his mind for years, never letting him relax or take it easy. Maybe once in a few days, when his exhaustion took over, and finally let his body rest. Two dsys were a standard for him.
He was still fine enough to operate, and more than fine to participate in the first day of school.

He grinned.

He got there pretty early, not knowing what to do with himself - he was too nervous to read a book, too scared to sleep... And then the headmaster decided to keep him on his toes for two hours, waiting for the speech.
Deta looked around himself. Hundreds of people and students, mingling around, talking and meeting each other (commenting on the lack of organization of the institution?) and... wait, was that a grown man in the middle of the public? Deta frowned. Maybe he was a professor, supposed to keep guard? Odd, in any case.

He listened the speech with sort-of care, looking around at who's actually paying attention, and who's yawning. He saw some people dutifully tangle their hands and look at the headmaster with full attention and respect, some others looking around...
There were so many interesting faces.
He sure wondered who's going to end up being his partner.

A big badge saying "meister" was placed on Deta's chest.

XIAO WEI

Wei really wasn't a fan of the situation. Keeping one of his earbuds in, to get a rough translation of what the man was saying about the school. Which frankly, a lot seemed very misworded and just didn't flow properly so he did sometimes miss a few words, but it was easier to listen to him and listen to a translation at once since it helped him learn the language more. He simply just nodded along processing the words and understanding them himself. The next challenge would be to somehow translate it in a way for the small girl next to him to understand. Which wasn't as hard as it used it. In their years together, Wei and Ameii had come to a pretty solid understanding of the other and how to conversate. Which honestly, it was horrible at first when he first got her. Neither of them actually knew a common language, and she didn't really even know any language. It was a mess for both of them, more for Wei. But now he stood in front of the DWMA, a hand resting gently on her shoulder, making sure she doesn't wander and to make sure no one tries to grab her considering her small size and frame.

He felt like a father, at 17-year-old father, which was quite frankly odd to him, but it fit. He didn't mind taking care of himself and the younger, it was fun and always led to something new. After all, look at where they both stood, with who they were listening two and who surrounded them. Honestly, Wei was excited to start another school year. He couldn't explain why he was, but he was.

Unlike with how slowly the speech had started, it seemed to end pretty fast. Which didn't give Wei a lot of time, to finish processing what was said, but he had an idea. Hopefully, this would sound a lot better than how the old fart had said it before. So, with his normal accent, Wei spoke softly leaning down to semi match height with the girl.

"To, another great," He paused, trying to remember the word again in English. "Year, in DWMA." He spoke slowly and tried to make some hand gestures in sign language to help her understand. "We allowed to, explore school." He gave her a small smile, and nodded to her and to himself.

R O S A R I O

"Food... Love... Family... Friends... and Adventure... That's what I fight for!"

It was a beautiful day outside, birds were singing, flowers were blooming, and the sun stayed smiling and glowing as bright as ever up in the sky. In the background of everyday chatter and the pitter patter from the Market people having communion among themselves, a young girl, clad is white, black, and red, made her way down the streets. Although she was moving much too fast for most people to even attempt at getting her attention, although if you strained your ears you could hear the rythmic tone of her screaming "Shit!" in between the flapping of her cloak.

"Shit!" Rosario hissed, jumping over Market stands and sliding across the floor to dodge crates of fruit being carried. "Sorry!" she yelled again as she almost knocked over a group of children playing in the street, but she just had no choice but to be so reckless. Today was the day, the day, and sadly it was also the day that she overslept, missing her alarm clock by a hairs notice of about 2 hours. She swore she had slept early enough, she even skipped dinner so she could go to bed early! But sadly, as strange as it may seem to skip the last meal of the previous day only hurt her instead of helping her. Although her luck seemed to turn around now, with the stairs to Death Weapon Meister Academy (And witches) getting overthemore closer to her. This was it, just one last push!

"OSU!" With a great battle cry, she barged up the stairs with the remaining amount of energy she had left, creating a trail of smoke with each step she took. Although despite her best efforts, she arrived at the top just in time to hear the words, "May this be another great year for Death Academy." With her drive gone, she collapsed at the top of the stairs. Having used all her energy to arrive there, for it to be for nothing, only seemed to piss her off. "Dammit!" she hissed, trying to catch her breath. She missed the inauguration! What was she going to tell the others??? She promised to get a video of the entire thing for them!

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

RIMIA

"Annoyances after annoyances..."

Rimia clicked her tongue while she watched the rest of the students enter the school. As one would guess from her frown, she was in a bad mood already, but it was to be expected.

"First I have to climb this absurd number of stairs, then they make me wait 2 hours...and just for a lame speech!?" In a missfit, she pulled the ears of the small bunny doll she carried with her, a common habit.

"It is our duty to preserve their memory by keeping balance and peace in this world"

Like I care for that, I am here to fullfil my goals, the world means nothing to me "I guess I will just go to the classroo-" She stopped mid sentence, as she was walking past the gates she noticed a man, who was clearly on his 30's, next to her; what caught her attention was not the person, but rather what was he doing.

"Excuse me, do you mind? Not all of us have suicide tendencies, so can you not light up that thing near me?"

As unreasonable as always, Rimia paid no attention whether it was her place to say that or not.

Amimi Ameii stood next to her Meister, his hand on her shoulder a comfort and a reminder not to leave his side. a couple times during the speech she did sort of tug in one direction or another as something off in the distance caught her eye, but he firmly held her from moving. she tried her best to listen to what the person at the front was saying, a couple recognizable words coming and going, but not enough to make any sense. Xiao bent down as the man ahead stopped speaking and talked to her softly and gently, this she understood fairly well. they where allowed to explore this place. she smiled at him and said "Splooooo" happily, which meant something along the lines of 'yay, lets explore this place together' and she immediately turned and ran towards the school happily.

Bodhi Naveyra
"Excuse me, do you mind? Not all of us have suicide tendencies, so can you not light up that thing near me?"

Bodhi hadn't even taken a single puff from his cigarette and he was already in trouble for it. First thing was waking up way too early, then catching weird looks from his younger peers and now this? This day was turning out to be far more brutal than he had expected. Bodhi instinctively put up his hands similarly to how a criminal does whenever they get caught, but that calm little smile of his still remained. The sudden order had surprised him enough to wake him up fully, albeit momentarily. Bodhi looked down at his "boss" and when he saw the little girl that was ordering him around the only thing that kept him from snickering was the fact that she didn't seem above punching his face.

"No sudden movements or I am dead." Very slowly Bodhi proceeded to drop the cigarette, step on it, pick it up again and drop it into a nearby trashcan. All throughout this process at least one of Bodhi's arm was always raised, almost as if he were actually dealing with the police. "I am sorry ki-...madam. Didn't mean to bother ya. Couldn't you forgive an old man like myself? As you can tell age is taking its toll on me." Bodhi said with a slightly melodramatic tone in an attempt to gain sympathy points. Asagi Asagi

R O S A R I O

"Food... Love... Family... Friends... and Adventure... That's what I fight for!"

"Come on Rose... The hell are you doing?" Rose muttered to herself as she lay on the ground. The students had already began to make their way into the school, several of them walking over or past her, since she seemed to ignore everyone who tried to ask if she was okay. Although it was less of her ignoring them and more-so her not being attentive enough to notice them. She'd already messed up on her first day, she didn't even have a Weapon Partner... She could already hear Opel nagging in her ear, "Look what you've done! Now no one will want to partner with you because you made a bad impression! You already look rough as it is, you're such an iresponsible girl!", or something like that. If she didn't come home with some form of good news... Rose shivered from her toes to her head at the thought of what devilish punishment would befall her from the old-heads. She simply refused to go through that again!

"Osu!" Rose yelled out, she pushed herself back onto her hands, and pushed herself up onto her feet. The sudden movement shocked the students around her, although it didn't stop them from going into the school. Not that it mattered, since most of the students had already started moving anyway, not many people were still around her. And thus she began her mission, going from student to student, asking each of them if they'd be her weapon. And to her dismay, most of them either had a weapon already, or didn't want to be her weapon specifically. Although her brash attempt at conversing with them was more than enough reasoning as to why they didn't want to interact with her. She continued to run aimlessly among the students, screaming (or begging) at the top of her lungs for someone to be her weapon. Although as clumsy as she was, it didn't take much time for her first error to make itself known. She let out a small grunt as she bumped into a larger boy, she hadn't been looking carefully at where she was heading, irresponsible child. "Huh?" she asked, raising her hood slightly to see the mans face, he had piercing red eyes that stared back at her, of which she couldn't help but smile at. "Oye, Red eyes, you have a Meister yet?"

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

Sega Sega

Last edited:
Hambriento

Hambriento watched as a small pink-haired girl entered the classroom and took a seat far in the opposite corner of the room. She must have not seen him -- which was weird considering his size -- but she did not even so much as look his way. The large man got up off the tiny chair he picked as his seat and picked one in front of the girl, turning around to face her as he sat down. The chair creaked under his immense weight. Hambriento stuck out a hand towards the pink-haired girl.

"Salut! I'm Hambriento. Let's be good friends and a crew, yes?"

Asagi Asagi

Last edited:
RIMIA

"I am sorry ki-...madam. Didn't mean to bother ya. Couldn't you forgive an old man like myself? As you can tell age is taking its toll on me."

The man apologized after her unfair statement, she pondered for a few seconds and then

"*hmph* As long as you don't light it up near me I guess I will ignore it..." she fixed her standing and then slowly bowed towards the man

"I beg your pardon for my earlier statement, a lady must always keep her manners...or so they say..." finished saying that, she rose up again, staring at the man with her cold eyes "My name is Rimia, a new student of Shibusen"

Servant Servant

Lime

It had been a long time since Lime had last been around so many people at once. The urge to fit in replaced her urge her return home, which had faded over the last couple days. Lime’s mother had encouraged her to stabd out and show off how amazing she was, but that was the exact opposite of what Lime intended to do.

The young witch followed the crowd of students into DWMA, where she’d be spending a good fraction of her life. Lime decided that her first stop would be her classroom, as that was where all students should be heading. She was supposed to learn something here afterall. Lime let out a quiet yawn, and shuffled through the hallways, staying near a group of meisters mumbling about where the NOT classroom was. They ended up leading her there despite taking several wrong turns and passing the room itself a couple times.

Lime entered the room, and dragged herself to a seat in the front row. She rested her head on her arms as she rested let out a deep breath. This school is a lot larger than I had thought...

MELODY

Oh god Melody shuddered, the first thing she wanted to avoid was dealing with other students, and now the Tall man approached her Is it because I am the only person in here...? rushing here was a bad idea

With fear, she watched the hand of the tall man, he was waiting for something Maybe if I pretend to be deaf he won't bother me...but eventually I will be found out, what if he grabs me and toss me like a chair by an outburst of rage!? No..nono I can not handle that...think Melody...what to do...

She kept staring at the hand as she considered what to do, in her mind it was a matter of seconds but in reality it was an awkward 1 minute

Arriving here was a bad idea after all... She pushed her headband further down her head, covering the eyes a little. "M-my name is Melody...p-pleased to meet y-you" One could say that was an introduction fitting for a hostage towards the killer.

MonsterMoose MonsterMoose

Bodhi Naveyra

"I beg your pardon for my earlier statement, a lady must always keep her manners...or so they say...My name is Rimia, a new student of Shibusen"

"Bullet dodged, booyah" Bodhi thought, finally he chose to slowly lower his arms back into their normal position. "No need to apologize at all, just because I have a dangerous little hobby doesn't mean I should be spreading it with the youth, so again I am sorry for that. Name's Bodhi, though feel free to call me Bud." He said before bowing in a respectful manner. "Pleased to meet you."

B acodhi was happy to see that his good ole charm was still alive and kicking, he had a really easy time reading a person and acting according to their nature. In this case the young girl known as Rimia seemed like the very fancy type, so if Bodhi continued tot in a more friendly but professional manner he believed he'd be fine, at least for the time being. Bodhi shook his head in disapproval .

"Can you believe how much they are making us wait to begin our classes? It's almost like they don't have consideration for the time of people of such high social standing such as yourself Miss Rimia. Tsk tsk tsk!" Asagi Asagi

After the speech of the Headmaster, the students were free to roam as they pleased; most of them remained in the outside area of Shibusen, to explore to fill their curiousity or just to fool around, the important thing is that they were inside the school, and thus, under its protection. But what about the inside of the School?

The Classrooms were the main interest, after all, this would be the point of meeting of all the students with their respective Teacher. Shibusen had 2 main classrooms, EAT and NOT; each of them of course had a teacher, and students were assigned to the classrooms depending of their choice at the enrolling procedure. One would say that randomly picking a classroom wouldn't have mattered much, after all they were on the same school...but only if they knew which teacher they would get at that classroom, they would have given it a second thought...

The NOT Classroom was pretty much empty, with empty chairs and desks facing the blackboard, however, there was only one chair occupied, by a young girl with brown hair. Eventually other students would also join her in that classrooms, but right now she was alone. But that was until a silhouette walked by the door, the odd thing is that it did not resemble a student, or even, a human; walking in four legs it walked straight to the Teachers desk, and laid on the floor next to it, paying no attention to its surroundings.

JJpQfQd.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EAT's Clasroom was facing a similar fate, but instead of one person, there were 2. It would appear these 2 students were already (or trying) to interact with each other, but their meeting was interrupted.

"Sorry I am laaateee!"

A girl stormed the classroom, she had brown hair, but the most characteristic trait was her scarf covering the neck, so long that it hangs on the air as she walks; judging by her breathing, she was sprinting a long distance before arriving to the classroom.

"That hag *pant*...ordering me to do an errand just before the opening ceremony...I know I am fast *pant*...but this is abuse!" The girl removed her scarf and then tied it to her neck once more "I am Maemi, a witch, pleased to mee...ehh!?" it only took her a couple of seconds to realize the class hasn't started yet.

Hambriento
The young girl cowered under her headband and said, "M-my name is Melody...p-pleased to meet y-you."

Hambriento let out a booming laugh at her reaction. It reminded him of his third youngest sister. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a cherry-red lollipop. He had no idea how old it was, but candy never expired, right? Hambriento took Melody's hand and placed the lollipop into it.

"Here! A celebration for our new bond!"

Before he could try and convince Melody that there was nothing to be scared of, another girl had barged into the classroom.

"I am Maemi, a witch, pleased to mee...ehh!?"

"Salut! Welcome to crew Hambriento!" said Hambriento, before a confused expression appeared on his face. "What is... a witch?"

RIMIA

"Can you believe how much they are making us wait to begin our classes? It's almost like they don't have consideration for the time of people of such high social standing such as yourself Miss Rimia. Tsk tsk tsk!"

M-Miss Rimia The girl stood there, surprised at the remark of the man speaking to her Could it be... She fixed her hat and the skirt in a clumsy matter; to say the least, she was surprised Could it someone finally is recognizing my worth!?

"Y-yeah...I mean...Yes!" If one would just take a glimpse of her face, one would just assume her face remained emotionless and cold as the beginning, but she was trying so hard to not show a smile, in fact, it was so difficult, her cheeks were starting to hurt.

"It is true that this school lacks courtesy or common sense to make such a refined girl such as myself lose time, but I am willing to let it slide, because soon I will paint this academy in my colors!!!"

The fact she was easily swayed by a comment shows how of a young girl she still is, despite the front she puts up...

Servant Servant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back