Chitchat Soul Draining Job Applications

Chordling

Bardbarian, the Divine Chordia of Concordia
I would rather write eight pages of roleplaying nonsense than shuffle through another online job application right now. xD They all load so slowly and so many of them could be finished in 10 seconds if they let me upload my resume instead of *filling out all required fields*. It feels like borderline torcher filling out the same form over, and over, and over, and over again without receiving any sort of feedback. This pandemic doesn't make things easier, either, for many reasons.

I know that I will eventually find a job. Looking at an online application right now just elicits so many grotesque sighs from me though. I hope for those of you who are also looking for jobs are having an easier time than I am. 🤞

Good luck!

it can only get worse though. they might still make you fill in more forms after they already invite you for an interview :closedeyescryingfrown:

My pet peeve about job applications has to go to interviews though. I hate to go to interviews, mostly due to aesthetic reasons. I know it sounds very stupid, but if I see something like "Good physical presentation" as one of the requirements for the job, even though I am qualified, I just start panicking. Physical insecurities for the win lol.

Lol I am the exact opposite. I love the interviews. XD Filling out the application is the worst though. I've filled out plenty of applications for life in general and the applications for jobs are always the friggin worst.

Im not an adult and im struggling to find a job in these trying times. Wish I didn't quit my last as some money is better than none.

ONE THING I HATE is when they email you and you have to complete a survey. Then the link to it doesn't work. Suckitooya id spose. Annoyin as hell.

ONE THING I HATE is when they email you and you have to complete a survey. Then the link to it doesn't work. Suckitooya id spose. Annoyin as hell.

Yeah, those turn into junk that just fills up your inbox. In my experience, they don't even care if you complete the surveys but they send it to you cause they are required or something.

Oh, I also love the interviews in general hahaha but that specific rule they put sometimes is just- I hate it so much, because, what exactly is "good physical presentation"? Oh goodness, I'd prefer to talk to them about the job in general than to be worried about how I present myself.
But I enjoy the interview process! Filling out stuff can be a hassle though. Sometimes it's just so much paperwork T^T
I've never seen someone ask for "good physical presentation" before for an interview but I at least try to avoid wearing jeans when I go in for one. It does add another element to worry about though, doesn't it?

It might be more important to specific types of jobs, such as when you have to meet a lot of people.
Some jobs don't even allow visible body modifications. My friend had a lot of troubles because of her tattoos and ended up changing jobs because she kept being picked on.

Oh my. I totally get this right now. Last month I was kicked out of my house and had to move Two hours away from my old job. I haven't been able to find one anywhere and I've had breakdowns and panic attacks. I feel like a burden to my grandparents who happily took me in and my self value, worth, and image in my eyes has gone down. I look at a mirror and almost break down crying because of how much I feel like a failure. I know I'll find a job eventually, but god damn, I'm starting to lose hope.

Oh my. I totally get this right now. Last month I was kicked out of my house and had to move Two hours away from my old job. I haven't been able to find one anywhere and I've had breakdowns and panic attacks. I feel like a burden to my grandparents who happily took me in and my self value, worth, and image in my eyes has gone down. I look at a mirror and almost break down crying because of how much I feel like a failure. I know I'll find a job eventually, but god damn, I'm starting to lose hope.

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. It can be difficult to feel like you have a purpose during a time like this. Don't let these events define who you see yourself as. There is very little we could do as individuals to control it, as sudden and as frustrating as it is. We will get through it together.

It just really sucks. I just turned 18, I don't know how to file taxes or what a 1099 form is or a W2 or 4 or whatever. I just found out what my credit score was which dropped because my parents cancelled my accounts. Yes I have 2 degrees and multiple certificates but that doesn't mean that i know how to deal with adulthood and what to do. It doesn't mean I'm ready to take on the world. It just really REALLY sucks. In fact I'm crying while writing this (don't mind me just an emotional person who is depressed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back