• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom SoTL - OOC

Five or six

• Five traits

• Six traits

Results are only viewable after voting.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Iunno, how about something like 'jutsu deployment', which relates to how fast you can do the hand signs and get your ninja magic out? Cause that's bit different than just rushing up to a guy and smacking them with an arm or leg.

As in like, your ability to react to things and do things at the same time. Idk that's just the first idea I came up with but it's definitely a rough idea. Speed as in just physical movement speed is separate, but the line isn't very defined.

Uncultured Uncultured I thought KnightOfNight KnightOfNight was running the opponent and that he was fairly important, what with him having a stat sheet where the actual guy marked as a boss doesn't or hasn't shown one. And on the note of stats, y'know, the even split for 3 physical stats vs 3 jutsu stats was a pretty good idea and kinda what prompted the entire poll thing in the first place. Pretty sure it was what people voted for on a change to the system.

Changing subject to the fight itself, I gotta kinda go back to the criticism you already got about it, this also feels a bit lazy? Like you threw the fight up as a formality, which you admitted to, but then instead of actually running it and letting people get invested in it, it sounds like you got bored so you're forcing everyone to move on. Hell even the people who went off to fight the important enemy instead of fodder are looking like they're there mostly so Kakashi can do his thing anyway, and IDK about the rest but I don't think it'd be particularly fun to be stuck behind the tutorial NPC.

In this continuity, is our Kakashi "Kakashi of the Sharingan" yet? Do we know if he has the sharingan? Does sharingan even exist in this timeline?

Uncultured Uncultured I thought KnightOfNight KnightOfNight was running the opponent and that he was fairly important, what with him having a stat sheet where the actual guy marked as a boss doesn't or hasn't shown one. And on the note of stats, y'know, the even split for 3 physical stats vs 3 jutsu stats was a pretty good idea and kinda what prompted the entire poll thing in the first place. Pretty sure it was what people voted for on a change to the system.

Changing subject to the fight itself, I gotta kinda go back to the criticism you already got about it, this also feels a bit lazy? Like you threw the fight up as a formality, which you admitted to, but then instead of actually running it and letting people get invested in it, it sounds like you got bored so you're forcing everyone to move on. Hell even the people who went off to fight the important enemy instead of fodder are looking like they're there mostly so Kakashi can do his thing anyway, and IDK about the rest but I don't think it'd be particularly fun to be stuck behind the tutorial NPC.

I'm gonna be honest man you have to relax. First off, it is a formality but it's definitely not lazy and me being bored has nothing to do with it.

Second off, if you've read, Kakashi has done two things in the fight so far.

First, a defensive earth wall. Second a defensive water wall.

That is it.

This idea that I'm having Kakashi just run the show is kind of.... Well.... Ignoring what has actually happened through the course of the RP.

He is involved in the boss fight because it's realistic that he'd be in the fight in some way but to act like I've been hands on is rather unfair.

If I make the next trait "physical endurance" it then makes TaiJutsu users unfairly strong. The reason is that the physical traits apply equally to everyone. Being fast and durable, for example, are just as important for a Ninjutsu user as it is a TaiJutsu user. On top of that a Ninjutsu user needs to have pool and control in order to be at maximum effectiveness, which is why it's a 5 trait split, allowing Ninjutsu users to sacrifice one physical trait such as speed in order to have a rounded character.

If I add physical endurance to the mix, I now have two sets of endurance. Yet again though, physical endurance applies equally to both Ninjutsu and TaiJutsu users. A Ninjutsu user still needs to move around, dodge, fight hand to hand at times etc. They are not stationary in any way.

So at that point, it becomes much harder to have a solid Ninjutsu user as 5/6 traits are important.

Meanwhile, a TaiJutsu user can simply have these four traits in any order.

Strength

Speed

Durability

Endurance

And then the #4 and #5 slots that are on the weaker end sacrifice absolutely nothing as they are irrelivent to the character.

On the topic of your fight. Yes, you and KnightOfNight KnightOfNight can work on that together. However, it does need to be done rather fast because while you may have an interesting engagement right now, most people are fighting nameless thugs. The reason why this has happened was that the fight was supposed to be for 6-7 people, but this has ballooned way outside what I had originally planned for this segment so things are wonky. Please try to understand. This was never supposed to be a five page odyssey.

Additionally, I'm not bored one bit, what I am concerned about is the boredom of other members who may feel that this is dragging on as they fight randoms.

Last edited:
In this continuity, is our Kakashi "Kakashi of the Sharingan" yet? Do we know if he has the sharingan? Does sharingan even exist in this timeline?
Yes, he has Obitos sharingan, however this takes place a few years after the Kyuubi attack, so he is still in his late teens and lacks the world renowned reputation he has developed in the main time line. He is known about in some ninja circles but a random missing ninja from the rain would, at most, be aware that some guy named Kakashi is sorta strong, but knowing him from appearance alone would be a bit of a stretch as he isn't famous/infamous yet.

Okay but you can see why Kakashi would be viewed as your NPC Tutorial Guy right? Like in the fight proper it was stated 'Kakashi could handle this, but it'd be quicker if someone joins in', so why bother fighting them when Kakashi can handle it on his own? Then a more minor quibble is how he's been hyped up, which implies that 'hey yeah he's cooler than you guys and you guys aren't as cool'. Not to mention that Kakashi is apparently leading the Task Force, which again implies he is more important than our players. Like these things stack together and very much can lead to a sour taste in people's mouth since, generally players want to feel as if their guys matter you know? And it feels like more importance is being put on Kakashi than the Task Force as a whole yanno?

Okay but you can see why Kakashi would be viewed as your NPC Tutorial Guy right? Like in the fight proper it was stated 'Kakashi could handle this, but it'd be quicker if someone joins in', so why bother fighting them when Kakashi can handle it on his own? Then a more minor quibble is how he's been hyped up, which implies that 'hey yeah he's cooler than you guys and you guys aren't as cool'. Not to mention that Kakashi is apparently leading the Task Force, which again implies he is more important than our players. Like these things stack together and very much can lead to a sour taste in people's mouth since, generally players want to feel as if their guys matter you know? And it feels like more importance is being put on Kakashi than the Task Force as a whole yanno?

I get what your saying. I really can't argue against it. I suppose some people may feel that way, I didnt intend it to turn out like that but it is what it is, sorry if some people feel overshadowed by a NPC.

My reason for including Kakashi, and in the future, other NPCs in power positions, is that the story already exists and has multiple steps, stages etc. I need a vessel to direct the plot and to move the group how it needs to be moved. For me to do that I either have to tell people what needs to be done in the OOC, which leads to meta gaming. Or I just throw in my character as some stereotypical "natural leader" type, and then it becomes "Oh look the GM has to be the leader in everything huh?"

In retrospective, perhaps I should've chosen another, more hands off, and strategic Jonin like Shikamaru's dad who would be more of a "command from behind" guy. That's not possible now though, so we have what we have but moving forward I may use Shukaku (I think that's his name) as my in game plot direction device.

Oh it's never too late. Kakashi can get sent off on something else, while the other Jonin takes charge as Kakashi wasn't a good fit. Then they can give a mission briefing while the players get to be cool and do cool things.

If we're trying to wrap things up do you mind If I rp as kakashi too in my post Uncultured Uncultured ?

Alternatively, since I'm trying to learn to be a support-type rather than being in the lime-light of combat, I'll use my post to give Kakashi enough time to close the gap.

If we're trying to wrap things up do you mind If I rp as kakashi too in my post Uncultured Uncultured ?

Alternatively, since I'm trying to learn to be a support-type rather than being in the lime-light of combat, I'll use my post to give Kakashi enough time to close the gap.

You and Kloudy Kloudy can finish it. You could setup up Kloud, alternatively, you can finish off the enemy RPing as Kakashi, it's up to you guys.

Uncultured Uncultured Btw. How do you plan to handle all the players we have? You mentioned before that this fight was initially made with the 6 or however many we had at the time. We've gotten a few more on aboard since then.

Are groups going to be sent on different missions? Or are we going to go through this plot as a 10-manned squad?

For example I can see it getting abit hectic when the more dialogue-based interactions start rolling out and suddenly there are ten people trying to speak to an NPC all at once.

I
Uncultured Uncultured Btw. How do you plan to handle all the players we have? You mentioned before that this fight was initially made with the 6 or however many we had at the time. We've gotten a few more on aboard since then.

Are groups going to be sent on different missions? Or are we going to go through this plot as a 10-manned squad?

For example I can see it getting abit hectic when the more dialogue-based interactions start rolling out and suddenly there are ten people trying to speak to an NPC all at once.

I've been thinking about this very topic, you read my mind lol.

If the RP stays active with over, idk this is an arbitrary line, 8 people, I'll probably split the group into two. I may even have the "Other" thread as the thread for the second unit during their missions, and I'll just split the pilot's workload into two, which may involve me adding plot elements to give people things to do.

I will likely run another poll to see if the majority is down with this. However this is a far way off from where we are now.

Then, between missions, everything can go back into the main thread for hangout periods, and squads can swap members if people want to interact with a different group/be in a different dynamic.

This is risky, but if everyone shows that they are down with it then I see no reason why it can't work.

Edit

For the really important stuff, like the BIG BOSS battles and all the like, the two units would combine again in the main thread.

Feel free to yell at me what needs to be fixed to work. TBH I'm vague on tech lists cuz I felt nothing really fits the description of what he does in fights at the top of my head.

Feel free to yell at me what needs to be fixed to work. TBH I'm vague on tech lists cuz I felt nothing really fits the description of what he does in fights at the top of my head.

No you're completely fine. I would suggest though, a 30-25-10 just because you seem to have a hybrid style technique, involving physical action and technique. If you want to stay at 35-20-10 that is fine, but at that level, your Ninjutsu is a bit... Unrefined. Certainly you can use your moveset but what is restricted is control/power.

My character too, has a hybrid style and a 35-20-10 and I have those stats because I wanted a physically capable fighter who is still struggling with technical aspects. At 30-25 you're not as good at hand to hand, but you're closer to B rank at Ninjutsu than before at 20 which is a C rank.

That being said, you are accepted as is with nothing being an issue, but as youre vague on the stats and traits I figured I'd weigh in.

Lmfao these posts. Much needed comic relief among the doom and gloom, rarely do I laugh at text but yall got me πŸ˜‚

clarinetti clarinetti awesome post btw you really followed what's happening while juggling your own actions which is impressive. Don't want it to sound like I disliked anyone's posts in comparison, theyre of really high quality across the board, but that one was dope.

Lmfao these posts. Much needed comic relief among the doom and gloom, rarely do I laugh at text but yall got me πŸ˜‚

clarinetti clarinetti awesome post btw you really followed what's happening while juggling your own actions which is impressive. Don't want it to sound like I disliked anyone's posts in comparison, theyre of really high quality across the board, but that one was dope.
Aw shucks, well I'm glad it entertained. It certainly helps when you've got great people and characters to play off of. ^_^

I can't believe Naoko betrayed the team by embarrassing Yasu and Kotone to death.
Betrayed? Naoko would never do such a thing- she acted only to ensure the physical safety and well being of her teammates, nothing more :lenny:.

If it's any consolation, she's almost equally mortified by the whole situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back