• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom SoTL - OOC

Five or six

• Five traits

• Six traits

Results are only viewable after voting.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I'm actually still confused why the fight with these bandits started anyways.

The scene at the hot springs is not going to involve direct conflict. Something will go down but it's not gonna be a big fight.

Instead of going from non fight scene to non fight scene (gate to springs) I wanted to give everyone a chance to fight. It is a battle Shonen story so there needs to be some action, and without that I feel some people would (rightfully) lose interest.

It also gives us some practice so that we can write in tandem without any issues. I think we are getting pretty good at it tbh.

Kloudy Kloudy
KSMI KSMI

Set up the scene for yall. Btw, even though Kakashi said he'd finish the guy off, you both can as well. I just figured it would be a Kakashi thing to say, plus I want to keep him spectating as much as possible.

Speaking of previous relationships, Kloudy Kloudy what's your guy's backstory gonna be, anyway? Might be good to know before someone trips over something important.

I was gonna leave it ambiguous for now and rp it out in the IC. Something along the lines of being a Sound Village immigrant/refuge of sorts that came over to Konohagakure when he was young, got adopted, etc etc.
Either that, or two Sound village ninja came to Konohagakure for some unknown reason and gave birth to a child there. For another unknown reason, they left the child there and disappeared.

The reason for this focus on the Sound village is because it explains why some random ass sound jutsu-using ninja lives in the leaf village.

I have something in mind that you might sound offensive, and if you do, I'm giving you every right to kick me. Do I have permission to say it? It is a criticism.

I have something in mind that you might sound offensive, and if you do, I'm giving you every right to kick me. Do I have permission to say it? It is a criticism.

Sure I mean, try not to call me a "fucking moron" or something like that pls my ego can only take so much. However I'd be a tyrant if I prohibited critique. As long as it's constructive I support it.

Kloudy Kloudy Just so we're clear you do realize the sound village isn't, like, an actual village it's just a bunch of ninja nazi human experimentation labs made by Orochimaru, right? And they didn't exist before Orochimaru made them, which would mean there wouldn't be enough time to have multiple generations of people there at this point in the timeline, right?

Kloudy Kloudy Just so we're clear you do realize the sound village isn't, like, an actual village it's just a bunch of ninja nazi human experimentation labs made by Orochimaru, right? And they didn't exist before Orochimaru made them, which would mean there wouldn't be enough time to have multiple generations of people there at this point in the timeline, right?

I was thinking about bringing this up as well. However, Orochimaru became a fugitive like, 30 years before the main story began.

There is no time line for when the sound was established.

And it could be an escape story. Maybe two parents, fearing that their kid would be wrapped up in sicko experiments, got their son out before orochimaru could do any harm, passing down techniques of sound so that he could be effective as a ninja in another village (setting up a future in a way idk). There were definitely employees who were working for orochimaru as opposed to just a bunch of lab rats and prisoners, I suppose his parents could've been in that group.

Sure it's a leap but I mean, technically it is possible so I'll allow it as the GM, because the time line of the sound village has never been established unless I'm missing something, in which case let me know and I'll change the ruling.

But why would two disgruntled ninja mercenaries suddenly have a change of heart after swearing eternal vengeance on their own countries? More to the point, how would they have learned sound techniques when those were stated to be a relatively new development even during naruto proper?

See this is just providing further credence to getting this down as a proper concrete backstory in order to track all this stuff otherwise it'll just get messy. More to the point, it's interesting and I'd like to see it.

This first encounter feels really lazy.

If you wanted to create a situation in which there was combat, why not just create a situation that would warrant combat in a way that the player characters can have some actual stake in them? Why not make the main mission be more battle focused?

Oh, I’m not actually too well versed on how the Sound (village?) came to be. Did Orochimaru actually create sound jutsu then? If not, my character could even be one of the first pioneering practitioners of sound jutsu?

And to fix the village gap, I’ll change sound village to rain village, where they put lots of emphasis on teaching their ninja to improve their individual abilities. Therefore, Shizuka has been able to advance his sound jutsu from scratch so easily (as well as his great IQ playing a role in that).

Ite this is something out of the blue but yall got to chill. People were vote stacking in the poll so I have no idea what is going on lmfao unless we have 19 members then idk 😂😂😂

I'm not too mad about it but LOLScreenshot_20181015-175501_Samsung Internet.jpg

This first encounter feels really lazy.

If you wanted to create a situation in which there was combat, why not just create a situation that would warrant combat in a way that the player characters can have some actual stake in them? Why not make the main mission be more battle focused?

Solid point.

The main issue is that this is half a detective story and half a battle Manga/Anime RP, and the beginning is rather slow before it ramps up BIG TIME, as in a lot of action condensed. I have a story planned out step by step, but this early part didn't have anything too real.

Iadmit that yeah, it's kind of a lazy out, but I had to think of something because I have seen enough RPs die to know that I need to have action sections interspersed with dialogue.

You might think that I should just have the group get ambushed by the terrorist group, but that would lead to plot holes later in the story that you don't know about yet because we haven't gotten there.

Let's just say that if the suspects knew we were coming, it would invalidate the motivations of the main villain later on. From your perspective I understand 100%, but I have my reasons for making this conflict disconnected from the main enemy.

I don't think people are totally into the whole action thing. If people were more interested in fights, then the Colosseum would be a lot more popular.

Ite this is something out of the blue but yall got to chill. People were vote stacking in the poll so I have no idea what is going on lmfao unless we have 19 members then idk 😂😂😂

I'm not too mad about it but LOLView attachment 492964
Oh come the fuck on, who cheats on something so minor and in such a dumb way?

Edit: Not saying you did it, but someone did.

I don't think people are totally into the whole action thing. If people were more interested in fights, then the Colosseum would be a lot more popular.
Oh come the fuck on, who cheats on something so minor and in such a dumb way?

All I'm saying is that we don't have 19 members so either we have lurkers voting on a poll when they've never posted or a vote stack. Im laughing at it man I'm not tripping over it just thought it was funny.

Oh, I’m not actually too well versed on how the Sound (village?) came to be. Did Orochimaru actually create sound jutsu then? If not, my character could even be one of the first pioneering practitioners of sound jutsu?

And to fix the village gap, I’ll change sound village to rain village, where they put lots of emphasis on teaching their ninja to improve their individual abilities. Therefore, Shizuka has been able to advance his sound jutsu from scratch so easily (as well as his great IQ playing a role in that).

It's mentioned a few times in both the anime and manga that all the sound ninja techniques are the jutsu equivalent of bleeding-edge tech that Orochimaru had been working on for the last ten years or so, but honestly I think your current possible backstory with the missing-nin fleeing Orochimaru's leadership to save their child is pretty engaging to begin with, so I'd suggest developing that further. Maybe they were from two different nations and fell in love on the battlefield?

Seriously dude, you should get this stuff down on paper.

All I'm saying is that we don't have 19 members so either we have lurkers voting on a poll when they've never posted or a vote stack. Im laughing at it man I'm not tripping over it just thought it was funny.
Why would lurkers care enough to vote? I'm assuming someone showed it to their friends.

Why would lurkers care enough to vote? I'm assuming someone showed it to their friends.
That's the point I'm trying to make. It's either

1. Lurkers
2. People voting multiple times

Because I know we don't have 19 people in this RP. So it has to be one of those two options logically speaking, even if it sounds rediculous. Maybe someone did show it to their friends idk.

Naaaaahh I’m a combat junkie and the colosseum is dry af. Plus I like the non-action parts of action-orientated rps. Gives more meaning to the fights if there’s an actual story behind them, instead of straight OOC organised fights.
It's mentioned a few times in both the anime and manga that all the sound ninja techniques are the jutsu equivalent of bleeding-edge tech that Orochimaru had been working on for the last ten years or so, but honestly I think your current possible backstory with the missing-nin fleeing Orochimaru's leadership to save their child is pretty engaging to begin with, so I'd suggest developing that further. Maybe they were from two different nations and fell in love on the battlefield?

Seriously dude, you should get this stuff down on paper.
I suppose I do, but for now none of the other characters know much about Shizuka other than he’s been around at least long enough to take the chuunin exam. I have the freedom to postpone this backstory business until someone actually inquires about it in the IC, if I so choose. I’ll probably work on it anyway though, but I’m quite swamped with work as it is lol.

Shining Wizard Shining Wizard

You know what, you've done nothing but criticize everything and everyone you've come into contact with, all the while your one post went against my request to have your character more or less be "in the background" during the gate scene.

You're kicked, see you later, sorry it came to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back