• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Sotiris~ A Space Odyssey [Main Thread]

Shard merely stood hunched over with the pain of being charged with electricity. Being crystal made him that much more of a conductor for the energy based assault. "Beast packs a punch, you gotta give it that." Shard spoke barely audible words as he stood and exhaled. A puff of soot exited him as his core shimmered in the beast's direction. Shard wasn't wanting to move anymore. He moved next to Feo and looked down at the male. "You're either brave or a fool to not sense the danger this creature has, but I'll follow your commands." Shard created a short, knee-high, wall of crystal for the male to duck behind in case the creature moved again. Shard understood that change could happen, but this drastic and this quick? What was going on with this.....Geldak?

The Geldak watched as each creature moved in following the one's command. It seemed the one that questioned him was the leader of these beings. "Common? Is that what you beings call this language? Interesting. It's been many a year since language was needed for my people." The Geldak looked over to the being that mentioned its species and that it was made of energy. "I can absorb energy and distribute it in two methods." The Geldak moved on all fours much like a large cat from Earth. It moved closer to the electrical being before sitting down. "This female could provide a great deal of electrical energy." The Geldak made no move to steal it though. The sonic energies were calming and sunk deep within the core of itself.

"This one wishes to know where it is." The Geldak spoke much like it didn't have a name it didn't after all. "And getting aboard this ship you call it? I do not remember. I remember curling up into a dormant state for recovery after a fight with a Nalgam. I awoke in a container that held no energy signature and began to panic." The Geldak looked between each of the crew memebers. Energy came in colors to it, but as it spoke more and the silver whisps reverberated against it, the Geldak started noticing the slightly different hues of each being. The geldak scooped up a piece of wood.

"Energy Transfer." It's eyes shone as the green orb with red flecks shrunk, but the piece of wood began to glow until the orb vanished and the wood shattered into splinters. "The explosion has been completely dealt with. Next would be heat." It sunk its tail into the red orb and began to absorb and release heat at an accelerated rate. Carrying too much energy could be dangerous for anyone near him. "There. One orb should be enough to manage." The Geldak could feel its knowledge of language "common" growing with each passing second. It was as if it had spoken the words all its life. "This one would like to know more about this ship. Why are there so many beings? How far is this ship form this one's home world?" Realizing the situation though, the Geldak merely laid down there at the electrical beings feet.

"Knowledge of this language says that I'd be considered a prisoner?" The Geldak asked while looking between these beings. The mana beast shone brightly in its eyes. "This one wishes the beast of mana would step away. Its energy is too bright." Mana was a frustrating energy. It held so much to it that any mana source would become a nearly blinding light, make a being of it and it was rather annoying. Even the other energy beings on the Geldak's home world never formed the mana type as it was too difficult to interact with other species then.

She caught the gun that the teen threw her and checked the magazine, something that was drilled into her ever since she first picked up a gun. It was full, which was always a nice thing to see and reloaded the magazine back into the gun. She peeped once again around the corner, noting that the others were closing in on the creature and joined them, pistol raised in case of the creature deciding another attack run on the group which was highly unlikely. She heard the Captain speak and nodded "Got it, Cap". As the captain started to now interrogate the creature, she looked around the hangar carefully and slowly, looking for any other signs of hostile entity's. There could always be more than one of these things.

The other girl spoke up, telling the group it's name and what it's capable off. Feeds off energy huh...? Her thoughts now connecting the creature to the small blackout Of course! That's why the lights went out. It was getting the energy it needed to create these balls from the ship. She snapped back into reality and focused on the directions that the captain was speaking, also seeing that a crew member got hit. Hopefully he was alright, but the mans face said otherwise. The teen was with the man, checking up on him. As far as she could tell, there was no one else expect the group and the creature in the hangar which suited her well. 

Logan grunted as his sword's energy went out and he suddenly was just swinging a empty hilt, his massive gauntleted hand let go of the hilt and let the useless piece of metal go flying. Logan's hand smoothly in the same movement went to the hand cannon at his hip and pulled it up, the large barrel pointed at the creature, Logan smiled and took aim.

Shit.

Logan's smile melted from his face and he called out to his commander, "Permission to put this thing in the dirt cap?" He twisted permission sarcastically and he held the hand cannon level, watching the creatures movements. He said to the suit, "Scan the crew. See how they are doing." The suit took them all in and reported back to him, "No injuries sustained, nothing lethal. Logan didn't lower the weapon. He ignored the beasts jabbering, it was a enemy, something to be ended, and that was what Logan was here for, to end things. He waited for any sudden movements, one wrong look, one excuse to blow its head off, until the creature screwed up, he stood silently, unmoving in the darkness watching it. Jaw set, palms sweaty, heart racing, Logan wished he could live his life in this state, the adrenaline high was still on him, but he kept his head, keeping the numbness contained. He would have to ask for permission to take a walk outside the suit after this....Too long in the suit and The Bloody Nine got too damn eager, he needed a break.

The suit went to work, researching all known record of the Geldaks, not much to go off of, but something. Apparently the thing used energy, and that was about the extent of the knowledge on it. Logan's smile returned, he had always been a traditionalist, and insisted his hand cannon use massive bullets instead of the newer more powerful laser cannons. Never put all your eggs in one basket. The tension in the air was palpable as the creature babbled on, but Logan just stared at it, waiting for permission to make it into little chunks of meat on the walls of the cargo bay.

Feo really didn't know what he should do now. He had a stowaway that was obviously dangerous, it had trashed his cargo bay, and already wounded his crew. Yet, it had also seemed to help somehow. "Ugh, I'm going to die young in this business aren't I?" Feo didn't really say that to anyone in particular, but he holstered his weapon with a look of exasperation at the creature. "We're not going to kill it Logan. The SPG is a peaceful organization if you remember. We can't just kill a creature that has surrendered." Feochadan then spoke to the Galdek directly, "You are indeed our prisoner now. You will not be harmed as long as you remain docile. I am Feochadan Wynter, Paragon of the Sotiran Prosperity Guild. You are on my home planet, Sotiris, and within our headquarters. Somehow you must have been mistaken for an artifact from my last trip. Once we get things sorted, we can see about bringing you home, or to a place of your choosing." At that moment the lighting in the cargo bay returned to normal, the connection probably having been deemed safe by the engineers on board. It was much easier to see everyone now, though his eyes had been mostly adjusted by then and the sudden shift made him squint. It was only a moment later when the sound of the cargo bay being unlocked made his expression shift towards borderline panic. "Oh shit..."

As the ramp lowered an entourage of SPG soldiers could be seen flanking either side of who could arguable be the most powerful woman in the galaxy. R'saava Lioslath, Paragon rank and official head of the entire guild. She marched onto the ship with a swift, and perfectly even stride. Her metal boots thunked hard on the floor, the cargo even being jostled slightly under her weight. The woman stood just over 6' 2" and seemed rather slender at a glance. This was just her regular body though, covering her from head to toe was state of the art Nano-tech Archangel armor. It resembled a sort of mechanical spine that ran down from her neck to her tailbone, where it then extended further in a long mechanical tail. The armor could mold itself to anything it's user desired. Currently she was only partially armored, having pauldrons, clawed gauntlets and knee high metal boots. She wore the same skin tight suit that Feo did, though noticeably more clean and well maintained. Her hair was a bright red and styled up in an exotic way; her eyes fiery pits that could burn through the highest grade plate armor you can think of, and they were pinned on the poor ship captain who had tried to sneak slightly behind Shard to get out of sight. "Captain Wynter, I trust you have a good explanation for causing such a commotion on one of our busiest work days." Feochadan had seemed like a calm and collected captain, a little eccentric, but a competent leader. All of that went out the window as soon as he faced her down however. Now he looked like a guilty child that stole a cookie or something. "Hey~! How's it going R'saava? We were just, ya know... Making introductions." She stopped just short of the group. Her eyes scanning every one of the crew coldly. Feo nervously came forward but it was obvious that it went against every one of his instincts. Upon her approach everyone could actually feel her presence. It was a sort of oppression that hung in the air, the sense of fear one would get when getting hunted by a predator. She was a dragon-kin after all, probably one of the most deadly races to ever be recorded. Their vast physical strength was only matched by their affinity to magic, and their technology far exceeded most other nations.

R'saava herself had more reason to be feared then any of the others. She had been the commander of numerous armed interventions and could tear through an army single-handedly by most accounts. Almost all files on her combat abilities were classified and completely blacked out, but tales from those under her command drifted around the guild. With what was known about her races strengths and the way her nano-suit worked she could make Logan and his state of the art suit look like a toy soldier. She spoke again, her eyes moving over the Galdek and then back to Feo. "I expect better of a Paragon who's about to take new recruits out to the frontier lines. I'm going to trust you can handle this situation yourself; however, don't expect to get off easy. You'll be on standby for any missions that come through while on active duty. You better be breaking records to prove to me you're working hard." Feo gave her a stiff salute and a straight face, though the tension in his spine had eased noticeably. Maybe he thought she was going to make him extra crispy? "I also have accounts on your last escapade, Captain." That made his face sour almost as bad as hers. She continued, "Caelum is looking for you. I expect you to deal with the consequences when he finds you." He nodded in silent acknowledgment, and she looked around the trashed cargo bay. "If everything is under control, I will take my leave. Take off is green in 5 minutes. I'm excited to see what you all find out there." With that, R'saava turned and marched back out into the hanger. Her mechanical tail swishing very lifelike behind her. When she was gone and her entourage close behind, Feochadan leaned up against a crate and rubbed his brow as if in pain. "I'm definitely going to die young."

Once he had regained his composure Feochadan took a moment to look at each of his crew members. "That was the dragon-lady, if none of you had met her yet. If I looked scared, then that's a sign I've not gone mental yet. She makes the rest of the galaxy look like fluffy bunnies." The action they had just undergone probably not what they had expected on their first mission. He might as well let them know a little more about being under his command. "Exciting for not even being off the ground yet right? I'll let you all know now since you've all had a taste. The SPG has the highest statistical rate of problematic encounters with everything from astral anomalies to alien contact. It's part of exploring unknowns, you cannot plan for everything. Flying with me is going to be different then the statistical norm though. On this ship, the probability of something going wrong has been calculated to be around 5 times more likely based off of past missions. Why? Who knows? Let's say it's just fate liking to ruin my good mood. You all better get use to it fast, and be prepared for more in the near future." He walked over to the Galdek and sighed wondering if he was going to regret not turning him over to the guild right away. "What should we call you? Is Galdek your name, or just your species?"

@Misuteri Kenshi @DrinkingGlass @CommodoreOlaf @Milus @A Mysterious Figure @Kiroshiven

[Oooh, that took me too long. We're taking off in 5 minutes (Role-play time) My next post will probably have to do with that, so hopefully if you are going to be participating you'll be here for that. Hope you're all enjoying so far<3]

The tall swordsman gave a short reply, lending no thought that he required any medical assistance at the moment. Sesler really was a man of mental endurance, which Kazper found quite impressive. Here he was, without a doubt, injured but no sign of it could be seen on his face. Kazper nodded and said to him,

“Okay, right after we take off, come to the infirmary ward. I’ll need to make sure everything is in working order before then, but once we’re in the air, you should find the room ready and available.” The medic jogged over to the Fraxil, a different although equally impressive story.

“That was pretty awesome, Shard. Luckily, it looks like you’re responding well from piezoelectric shock. I'd say you should rest for a little, until you recover fully.” Kazper smiled and slapped Shard on his back, almost cutting himself on the Fraxil’s crystalline skin. “You can rest in the infirmary ward, if you wish. I made sure there was a extra-extra-large cot installed.”

Turning his attention to the exchange between the others, Kazper learned that the once hostile creature was called a Geldak and that it was, by the Captain’s declaration, a prisoner of the ship as long as the creature cooperated. Nothing really could prepare Kazper for anything like this, for he had never seen a Geldak before and was more curious to study the creature, especially it’s anatomy. On the other hand, that the creature was to be brought along with them for their journey made him feel uneasy; Kazper had seen the amount of destruction the creature could bring and he was not sure that the creature would stay docile like the Captain required. As much as Kazper enjoyed his job, he hoped he wouldn’t be needed often. Kazper frowned a little as he thought about it... he would keep a close eye on the Geldak.

Suddenly, the hydraulic system was unlocked and in strolled a tall, armored woman with fierce eyes and fiercely-colored hair to match, flanked by an SPG security detail. Kazper learned she was none other than R’Saava Lioslath, Captain Feo’s higher-up. In her presence, Kazper felt the room feel like it had drained of some oxygen and it was not particularly easy to breathe. Maybe he was just nervous. Captain Feo must’ve been though as their exchange showed that even though they were both Paragons, R’Saava was almost over-powering. She was the intimidating and commanding figure, exhibiting an aura of power and energy her dragon-kin lineage was known for. Their interaction was not extended after the dragon-lady, as his captain had put it, had said all that she wanted to say and she and her team exited the cargo bay, letting the oxygen back into the room.

“Well, it seems like this ship’s the place to be.” Kazper chuckled. The creature was pretty calm now and for a moment, it seemed like the crew could relax. He went over to the hydraulic console and activated the cargo bay doors again, closing the ship off from the SPG loading dock. Returning to the crew, he looked at each one of them, a feeling of anticipation forming in his gut. The introductions of the crew were formal, simple, and also cargo-bay-battle tense, but maybe this was how their adventure would begin.

"Fascinating..." C.A.R.A. murmured as she listened to the Geldak describe itself a little more and tell its story. As it moved towards her and lay in front of her, instead of moving away, she leaned closer, examining its body and movements, every detail committing itself to her hard drive. This is truly the type of discovery I had hoped for during this trip. I've never read about anything or anyone even similar to this creature. The Geldak mentioned that Cara would provide a great amount of electrical energy, and she hesitated, looking around nervously. Would the others put two and two together? She assumed that by revealing her knowledge of the Geldak the other crew members would already expect her to be other than human, or at least have some enhancement, but she still didn't know very much about her companions motives and thought processes, and for all she knew, they would shun her the minute they thought she was nothing but a robot. Despite this, the others seemed more focused on the main subject at hand, and so she turned back to the creature, watching as it expelled two of the energy balls it had collected.

It asked several questions, and Cara noticed that it referred to itself as 'This one'. She wondered if it didn't have a name, or perhaps this was the way its species preferred to speak. Then again, it acted as though this was the first time speaking the language, although it sounded fluent. She knew she would have to ask it more later on, as none of her current information could explain it. Logan, the one who had been the biggest participant in the fight (apart from the Geldak, of course), asked permission from the captain to kill the creature, and Cara looked up in surprise and slight irritation. What on earth was this man thinking? Before she could protest herself, however, the captain said no, and, satisfied with this response, she turned back to the Geldak.

Before much more could occur, the doors to the cargo bay opened, and in poured a group of what could only be SPG soldiers, with a tall, intimidating looking woman in the centre, striding purposefully into the room. The captain looked thoroughly nervous, and as the woman's information flooded into Cara's head, she understood why. The woman, named R'saava Lioslath, was the head of the entire SPG guild, and while there were many files describing her feats on the battlefield, nearly every word was blacked out, and no amount of decoding would reveal the information. This woman was truly powerful. Cara looked away as the captain and his superior spoke, and once she left, breathed a small sigh of relief. She may not have truly real human emotions, but she certainly could feel the power and strength emanating from the Paragon.

Cara smiled slightly as Feochadan commented on the situation and the future of their trip. In her opinion, the more mistakes the better, considering this one had ended up with the discovery of a lifetime, for her at least. He walked over to the Geldak and asked its name, and she looked at it expectantly, eager to know more about it, even if it was simply a name. Kazper, the medic, walked over to the console and closed the doors to the bay once more, leaving the group in privacy. She wondered what they would do now, after all, even if they were leaving soon, the situation was getting increasingly uncomfortable. They hadn't even introduced themselves yet, and even if Cara knew their names and brief history already, most of them must not.

Rosie let the gun drop by her side, watching the Geldak get close to the other girl. She had heard the creature talk about he having a large amount of electrical energy but thought nothing of it. She knew everyone was carrying quite a lot of electronic equipment so she wasn't surprised by what the Geldak had said. She switched on the safety of the gun before going over to the teen. He was tending to another crew member when she was strolling over "Here's your gun back and thanks for letting me borrow it. I kinda threw myself in a stupid position back there" She handed the gun back to him, holding the barrel in her right hand. 

After the teen took it, the cargo bays doors opened, followed by a women and group of SPG soldiers. "Who the he-" Before she could speak, she noticed right off the bat there was a strange mechanical tail which made her do a double take on the spot. The second thing she noticed was that Feo was trying to hide behind Shard which didn't go that well at all. Rosie decided that speaking right now wasn't the best of ideas and she shut her mouth before anything went wrong. When the woman spoke, her words were of a mother scolding a child. It seemed like the woman, who was called R'saava, didn't like fuck ups. Especially when they wen't off the ground yet. The way the Feo was talking seemed that he was trying to lower the rooms tenseness, which in turn failed quickly. R'saava was now looking at every single on of them and even though Rosie had her helmet, she still looked down anyway. It felt like R'saava's eyes were burning through the helmet.

After the talk, which left Feo trying to compose himself, he made his own little speech about R'saava which pretty much consisted of him trying not to get on the bad side of the her. In all fairness, she enjoyed the speech he was giving, smiling at the part that SPG was involved in more problems than anything else. When he finished talking, she went other to Feo and patted him on the back "Don't worry Cap" She said, grinning underneath her helmet "You'll get her to like you one day" She tried not to laugh as she didn't want to get on the bad side of Feo either.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Sesler, in the lack of conflict arisen from the Geldak's affirmation of his own situation, closed his eyes. The schedule by which his life processes functioned expanded and grew more complex, certain tasks falling into new timeslots. Medical treatment would occur after the ship had left the hangar, perhaps ten minutes from now. Consumption of his required daily calorie intake shall take place after this. In his free time, reconstruction of his Dovian. Sesler cannot have his blade vibrating around energy sources. Bluesteel was volatile. Afterwards, a thorough mental examination of the creature. That would be enticing, probing at an alien mind. It was a rare thing to find something that entertained Sesler. Every moment roughly planned days before left little room for impulse. The pain in his ribs were truly painful, but he would have to stand stoic still. The creature might view it as a weakness, examining every crew member for a loophole to abuse. Logan was on Sesler's viewpoint about exterminating the creature, it seems. Though Sesler understood SPG protocol, and wouldn't commend the beast.

The silicate ramp dropping signified the unique sound of boots on the ground as several issued troopers expanded in a semicircle around the dragon-kin R'saava Lioslath. The Paragon represented the head of the SPG in a surreal sense as she beckoned for Feo. Her short converse marked little more than annoyance at the disruption. And yet, Feo took the reprimand without mentioning the illicit member of the crew. Wise, perhaps. Her eyes, perpetually set into a glare, met his. It was a unique thing, respect. A Trini could not process the idea and other races thrive on it. Sesler understood well enough that shying away from a higher up would not serve well to show obedience as a master. He met the glare, subconsciously doing the same omnipotent stare frozen onto his eyes. He'd explore the suit, combined with the standard uniform was the nearly sentient armor. How he vied for such a device. To test blade among metal.

Her departure seemingly cued the captain to further describe the next four months. It was a callous speech, designed to raise spirits for the excitement ahead. And yet, Sesler stood as a silent outsider. He had been on many missions where the crew he worked alongside with gathered together in the downtime in between explorations. They talked, done recreation together, and overall enjoyed the company of the guild. But Sesler could not join in, shattered by his time imprisoned. He could not hold a conversation for entertainment. Everything he did from the day he restricted his mind was intended only to serve a larger purpose. As Feochadan spoke of the numbers in which his ship encountered uncalculated anomalies, Sesler filtered the number. Five times the average of a guild's explorative missions, based on captain and ship. Was that focused around the time since the guild's founding? Numbers and coordinate planes showing time over anomalies raced through Sesler's mind at an expanding rate. Closing his eyes, the scream he envisioned in his room earlier ebbed at the edges of his thoughts. Sesler's skull slightly shook left and right as though vibrating. His mind was processing information very quickly, a burning in his temples building. Opening his eyes, Sesler placed a hand on the side of his skull and inhaled through his nose deeply; an exasperated breath by mortal standards. His mind was troubled. But why? He took his medication. He pondered this for a moment, concluding that his mind was attempting to rebuild his lost memories.

Shard was a bit surprised as the creature began to prattle off question after question. It was much like when he'd first met the SPG. So despite their initial greeting, he felt a sort of kinship to the Geldak. He understood what it meant to be truly alien to the people around you and for them to fear or chastise you for just being what you were. He would've tried telling the Geldak he WASN'T a prisoner if it hadn't been for Feo affirming the situation. Shard couldn't argue with a paragon. He'd already served time in lock-down because of it before. 

As the doors suddenly opened to an armed troop, Shard positioned himself between the Geldak, the troops and Feo. His new primary order was protection of the Paragon. How so many people had boarded a ship in the middle of the SPG was beyond him. Then he noticed that they WERE SPG. The next question was why were they boarding the ship? Sure they went on lock-down, but still. Then in walked the very paragon whom had decided that Shard needed to learn not to question orders given by a paragon. R'saava. Shard felt the captain slide behind him and Shard even bolstered himself and made himself look bigger. However, the captain quietly obeyed the orders of R'saava. 

Shard listened to the bitch drone on about how she expected better of a paragon. If not for the fact that he WANTED to be on this trip, he'd have gone and annoyed her by creating a minuscule platform under her boot. It wouldn't knock her over, but it would certainly make her feel uncomfortable. But even THAT was considered an offense to the woman. When she finally left Shard exhaled deeply. "Woman oughta learn that fear and respect are two different things." Shard had seen the records and even considered joining one of her missions, but something about her attitude made him feel like she was a "results at all costs" kind of commander. He would never work directly for one of those.

The Geldak saw the changes of energy beyond the contraption of hydraulics. There were people coming and very little was going to stop them. When the door opened and they stormed in, he merely watched. His single eye moving to the figure made of heat, electricity, kinetics and a hint of mana walking in. Whomever this being was, it was dangerously powerful. The potential energy within it was enough to nearly blanket out the colors of the other energies. However, potential energy and what was actually created was never the same.

The silver whisps of sound reached him and he could understand what the female was saying. She didn't care about him or the crew. She was merely there to torment someone. Why was of no concern to the Geldak as the conversation continued to not involve him. Then the figure left. Everyone seemed to try and say something either about the conversation or the young man Feo's relationship within it. "This one believes you life forms waste too much energy trying to comfort one who shows no electrical change in his mind, save for a relief of panic.

The Geldak would've sighed it if it needed air but it merely shook its head. Reading electrical changes within the mind were easy enough to figure out. The four other species on his home world used them and it was important to read what kind of move they were making or what condition their mind was in. It gave you the edge in fighting. The natural signs of curiosity seemed to take place once more and this Feo character asked a very peculiar question of him. "This one has no name. The Geldak, as we are called, are one of five energy species. We no longer have a need for names. We read each other's energy to distinguish each other and mostly refer to each signature when communicating." The release of silver whisps was amusing to watch as the sender. He felt the urge to chase the sounds until they were no more, but being a prisoner meant that any action could be considered aggression and lead to torture. Although he was primarily energy, he still had a body, and it still could feel pain.

"If you wish to call this one something, then you may come up with it among yourselves. As a prisoner I have no rights to speak of." With that, the Geldak went silent before inching itself against the electrical source beside it. He let the energy pass from her to him and back to her as if he was merely an attachment to her body. If he wanted, transferring his thoughts to this creature would be possible, but it lacked a great deal of privacy. He wouldn't want to impose.

Feochadan smirked a little at the Geldak's words. So it could read his emotion based off electrical impulses in the brain? An entertaining piece of information. His last statement; however, was one that Feochadan couldn't abide by him thinking. "Just because you're a prisoner doesn't mean you have no rights. That isn't how the SPG operates. If you follow me, I'll be informing you on how you're internment with me is going to operate." Feochadan noticed how comfortable he seemed around Cara, and smiled at how fascinated she seemed to be with the creature. "Cara, would you join me? Selser, I would like you present as well, as long as your injury doesn't require immediate attention. That'll give Kazper time to set up in the med-bay." Feo knew little of Selser's point of view, which he hoped to glean more of on their journey together. He did know that the Master had a reputation of reliability with decision-making. Feochadan would need him in the moments where decisions wouldn't be as clear to a simple mind such as his.

Before he lead the Geldak and the others to the main control room Feo took a minute to give everyone a broad smile. "While I have a chat with our newcomer, feel free to introduce yourself and get acquainted with the ship. The extra engineers will be leaving us soon and I'll be taking off as soon as the DS drive is operational. Go ahead and have a look at it if you feel you can help. Also, think up a name for our prisoner. Can't leave his name blank in the records after all. Let me know what you come up with." With everything said and done he headed for the stairs, "Onward, we'll talk in my 'office'." Feochadan lead them to where the main control room was. They had to get on the second floor, and then go all the way up the middle of the ship. The cockpit was defiantly made for at least 3 pilots, having several separate control panels that monitored different parts of the ships vitals. It appeared that the middle one had been modified slightly, probably to give Feo more control over the entity when piloting solo. Each console faced a giant hexagonal window that gave a decent range of view for the pilot, and they could see all the workers in the hanger going about their business from where the ship sat. A soft voice also chimed over the intercom as they entered, the onboard AI greeting everyone. "Hello, welcome aboard The Sojourn." Feo patted the console in reply and then opened a door that sat behind the control room. Inside was a desk littered with paperwork and an ancient looking computer that was idly bouncing a ball of pixels on it's screen. The room was no more then a closet really, but was wide enough for 4 our 5 people to stand side-by-side in front of the desk. He waited patiently by the door for the ones he asked for to enter before him. There were several laws in place that he had to know initiate the procedures for. What a pain.

In the engine rooms where the Dimensional-shift Drive was located the engineers had narrowly avoided disaster because of the Geldak. Now they were busy repairing melted circuitry and carefully replacing the cells of Aetherium that had been burnt black from overheating. They would be done in a few minutes whether they got help or not, though there were other things that were bothering them about the state of the engines. Many pieces needed replacement or repair but there was definitely not enough man-power or time to repair the entire ship. That would probably take weeks.

@Misuteri Kenshi @DrinkingGlass @CommodoreOlaf @Milus @A Mysterious Figure @Kiroshiven

[Another post for me. Bleh. I feel like the longer I type the worse my writing gets. x.x Bare with me and my lack of confidence in my writing competency. At least this time I spelt Geldak correctly. ((Double checks it for the millionth time to be sure.)) xP

Anyways, go ahead and talk with each other, or just wait around for me to finish with my interrogation of the Geldak. You can also explore the ship and do pretty much anything else you like. I'll make sure to interact with each one of you one on one or in small groups whenever I can so no one feels left out. Let me know if there's anything you have in mind for the RP or something you want to talk about in the OOC]

Sesler kept his eyes shut as the Paragon explained the process of keeping the stowaway and how the next four months will be for the Geldak, his mind still flaring against him. What it could rebuild of his removed memories came in flashes, like episodes. Never as violent as the one he had in his quarters, but similar in appearance. He once again saw the raven-black hair and the echo of his own voice. Instead of separately, her cries were at the same time as his yells. Yelling, a display of primal emotion. This was before he was imprisoned. Years, based on how long he had been on the mission where he was taken. Perhaps his memories were removed in prison? No, no official would compromise potential information like that. It was his choice, that he was sure of. Opening his eyes once more, the crystalline burning in his temples died as suddenly as they appeared, giving him room to process what Feo had asked of him. Of what he could appreciate, the Paragon understood that a minor injury would not hinder the Trini. He was not to be coddled without restraint and it gave him more time to examine the creature who could read the electrical pulses inside a mortal mind. And yet, the matter of the Geldak's official name did not seem as important to him. The Trini race were not artistic in naming anything. For example, their planet is simply called Trini-home. Sesler is his name due to the DNA placement that created the mortal-Trini hybrid. So why not call the creature what it is? A Geldak, until they encounter more of them. Nevertheless, he did not pitch his suggestion in.

It was the stairs that proved to burden his fractured rib, the bone grinding against the muscle and other bones with each ascending step. Inhaling, Sesler held his breath to keep his ribs expanded and away from one another. His anatomy was closer to a mortal's than a Trini's multi-layered skeleton and skull, so he didn't need to stress over several fractured pieces. Instead, it was only one that irritated him. As Sesler entered the cockpit, he could hear the audio chime of a computer voice greeting the newcomers. An odd mortal comfort, going out of their way to supplement a human voice when there was none to be found. But, he couldn't judge what he didn't understand. The piloting seats, however, were closer to his language. Although it was obvious that the center seat was intended for the dominant control. Flying wasn't on his self-essay he planned on handing to the Paragon, though it shouldn't take him long to learn how to do so if necessary. Space flight was a simpler concept than international Sotirian flights. More room. Unlike the office of the esteemed Paragon. It matched the man's outward personality, however. Sesler couldn't see him behind a desk on any day. Stepping inside, Sesler instinctively turned to face the door, lightly gripping the sword handle in his left hand as he slid it an inch out of the sheath to break the pommel away from the material fiber.

*Speeding towards the station is where my character starts*

The lopsided hum of the ship's fusion drive and the crackling radio was all that Ferrous had for sound as he zoomed through space in the old rusty escape pod. Suddenly a signal sparked on the radio box saying, "Incoming craft identify yourself!!" Picking up the radio talkie and answering back, Ferrous said in a panicked voice "This is a survivor of the discovery class exploration vessel from the year 2025 March 3rd. I require assistance and immediate attention!!" The pod shook as the drive began to overload. "I repeat, I require a place to land and moderate medical attention. Please..." Cutting off the fusion drive with a loud thud Ferrous activated the pod's retro thrusters just before hitting the hangar strip at just below a survivable velocity...

*The sound of a Fusion driven reactor and dying turbines are heard thru ought the station's hangar bay...*​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back