• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Sorrow’s Reach - Exalted 3e

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Scorpion simply sits there, swirling her drink around in her cup, smiling. There is always a catch. Why is she so surprised?

Gatherer looks at the exchange with some amusement mixed with a little trepidation. It seems that mixing with Sidereals is always fraught with dangers. But she also senses a chance to maybe dicern something more about their erstwhile 'mentor'. Focusing her essence, she lets herself notice every nuance, and every minute twitch that might tell her more about Vermilion's motives here.

Spending 3m on Motive-Deiscerning Technique (double 9's), and 8 more motes on her excellency to add 4 suxxes.

Rolled 5 suxxes, for a total of 9 suxxes on my Read Intentions.

Last edited:
Gatherer, Vermillion is equal parts uncomfortable and angry. She’s not happy with Amethyst for saying anything.

That said, her intention is to minimize the social damage. She doesn’t want you guys to lose trust in her. She wants to keep your help. With the town. With the book.

After a long pause, Vermillion answers. “I mentioned, in Leral, that I was shunned for my views and actions.” Amethyst scoffs and Vermillion holds up a hand to quiet her.

“It was more. I was willing—am willing to go as far as necessary for Creation. For its safety and prosperity. I was exiled from Heaven. And, eventually, became a wanted.”

“And here you are, Vermillion,” Amethyst says in a mocking tone. “After all this time. I’d recognize the stench anywhere. I didn’t even have to read your aura.”

Tomiko looks at Vermillion with curiosity. "If this is the case, how were you planning on getting us past the guards at the gates of Yu-Shan? I have read that there are Celestial Lions at each one, and from what I've read, they are quite formidable opponents. Especially with them able to rally other spirits to their aid to track not just you, but all of us."

Scorpion looks at Amethyst with curiosity. "Are you aware of what Vermilion has been guarding all this time? Do you know what might happen to all of Creation if it falls into the wrong hands? If you do know, you are being a total ass. From what I've seen, Vermilion has given up more to keep us all safe than I can even begin to comprehend."

Vermillion shrugs. “I figured I would cross that bridge if I got there. I wasn’t sure I was still wanted.” He glances at Amethyst. “Now I’m sure.”

Amethyst scowls at you, Scorpion. “Guarding? What do you mean?”

Gatherer looks at Vermillion, and asks "Why are you wanted? And did the Sidereals cast you from Heaven?" She did this both to know, and to avoid answering Amethyst's question, knowing it could open an extra can of worms.

Scorpion is a bit flippant when she replies, "If you don't know what it is, it is not my secret to give out." So eat that, you meddling pain in the ass.

Tomiko makes a soothing motion with her hands, trying to defuse the situation somewhat. "Let us just say, Vermillion has her reasons for doing what she has, and I am a believer that she has made the right decision. Now let us move on. What is the story with us going through Yu-Shan to get to Rathess? Just how will we do this without incurring the wrath of the Celestial Lions?"

Amethyst stares a death stare at for a long while.

Vermillion sighs and pushes his bowl away. "Well, I wasn't sure if I was still wanted. So, I was kind of going to wing it. But now...I don't know. We'll have to figure something else out, I guess."

Amethyst shakes her head. "This is ridiculous. We have work to do. Mask of Winters and his army are gearing for war. I came to find out because I was hoping the help you had secured would be useful against an undead army. How many men are we talking with this 'help'?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back