• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Sorcerers of Algoren (Closed)

Clockwork Syringe

The Night Blade
Hello all,

I am currently putting together an adventure/school setting.

The main premise is as follows:

Dear: (Player Character)

Congratulations! You have been accepted into Rodren University to further hone your arcane crafts. In case you don't know how to get to Rodran university, a directional charm has been included in this letter to help eliminate any confusion. Please arrive within 2 months of the send date of this letter to begin classes and the next phase of your life. We look forward to having you become a part of the next generation of Rodren Alumni

Sincerely,
Headmaster Richard Ophidian.

That was the letter you received a month and a half ago inviting you to attend the prestigious school located between the allied nations of Rendalia and Odalor. You couldn't believe it, you a (Arcane source) were going to attend this school.

Essentially you will get to chose the source of your arcane powers from the following basics and they are open to customization.

Arcane Externus: This method of magic occurs when one learns how to manipulate the Cosmic Loom outside of themselves without the aid of their own internal magic. Anyone can theoretically become an Arcane Externus, if they try hard enough. This is typically the most common form of Arcane Magic and is achieved through study and hard work

Arcane Blood: This method of magic occurs when one’s body or soul is a particularly concentrated point within the Loom, allowing magic to be sourced directly from within oneself. Most of the time, there is no real need for study of magic among Arcane Blood users, since the magic is manifested instinctually the more one uses it. Typically, this is received from a magical ancestor such as a dragon, an angel, a demon, an elemental, a djinn, etc. This the rarest form of Arcane magic as it requires you to have an arcane blood ancestor typically or a source of arcane blood magic.

Arcanus Ambrosial: This method of magic is received from a deity and is dependent on their chosen religion. (Think of clerics/paladins).

You will also have a choice of Human, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling as pcs. If you want to play another race, check it with me first for my approval.

Please let me know if you are interested in joining or have any questions. If I receive enough interested people, I will begin construction on the threads and start the story soon enough.

What kind of magic are we talking about? Elemental? Necromancy? I would like to know what kind of magic I am dealing with.

Interesting, I may go with enchantment, transmutation, and what would you suggest for more offensive magic?

evocation is generally the elemental offensive magic. Don't post character sheets yet however, I would like to see more interest before I make the sheets.

I've been speaking in the back channels with another interested party so we have enough for me to begin work on the threads. I will get the CS up soon along with any other info I have.

That person sounds quite lame, not speaking here and talking to you in some back channel, I'd not trust them.

I'm interested, although I'm new. I hope that's ok
We don't accept new people here in these parts!

... Obviously just kidding :P I don't think there would be any reason for not accepting a new person. Most preferences would be about how you design your character and your style of RP if anything and even then most people on the site are pretty open, specially if you are willing to put in the effort. ^^

We don't accept new people here in these parts!

... Obviously just kidding :P I don't think there would be any reason for not accepting a new person. Most preferences would be about how you design your character and your style of RP if anything and even then most people on the site are pretty open, specially if you are willing to put in the effort. ^^
Aye, what Han said. By all means I'm curious to see what you come up with.

Alrightie ^.^ I'll go ahead and whip something up. I'm a bit rusty though, it's been a while since I've roleplayed on account of my old website slowly dying out so we'll see how it goes XD

Hello, this sounds quite interesting if you'll have one more. I've been out of the RP loop for a while, I only briefly tried this website quite some time back. I might as well still be a newbie, a newbie with some rusty skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back