• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
As Shadow brutally carried out his attack against Metal, the machine went limp as it’s voice rang out from it’s speakers. “Bio data of Shadow The Hedgehog; new form form designated as “Shadow.Exe”: Copied successfully. Downloading…Downloading…Bio data downloaded successfully” Finally, just as Shadow tore off Metal’s arm, it reacted once again. Grabbing it’s torn off arm, Metal would infuse it with chaos energy before throwing it Shadow’s way with the equivalent force of gunfire. Upon impact with the black hedgehog the arm would explode, blocking shadow’s sight as Metal once again teleported behind the hedgehog, landing a solid punch to the jaw. Finally, Hyper Neo Metal Sonic addressed the black hedgehog directly. In a robotic stilted voice that sound like a cruel mechanical mockery of Sonic’s, the machine droned, “Shadow The Hedgehog. Resistance is futile. You are only extending your suffering. Give up and I may mercifully provide you with a quick and painless death”

Shadow.EXE laughed. "GIVE UP!? NEVER! NOW WITNESS MY FULL POWER!" He turns Hell with black eyes and fires huge fireballs at the robot. His eyes go back to white meaning Shadow now controlled the body.
Hell Shadow.jpg

“Bio data of Shadow The Hedgehog; new form designated as “Hell Shadow”: Copied successfully. Downloading…Downloading…Bio data downloaded successfully. It is pointless to fight back. I will always come out on top”

Absorbing the balls of flame, Hyper Neo Metal Shadow would replicate the exact process of fire creation that Shadow had just done, counter attacking by charging at the black hedgehog, heating up it’s metallic hands to the point where they were a glowing bright orange, searing the hedgehog’s skin with what was comparable to utter hell fire. With it’s enflamed fists, the machine teleported out of shadow’s line of sight in order to rush in and deliver a blow of fiery punches, each one charring Shadow’s skin black. The hedgehog would be able to smell his own fur and flesh burning upon contact with the machine, the aroma utterly nauseating. It seemed that no matter what Shadow did, Metal Sonic would always be able to copy his increase in power, modifying it’s structure as necessary. The machine was constantly Imporving itself with every movement, calculating every flaw and bettering itself through replication of Shadow’s strengths. If everything kept as it was going, a shadow would likely die of sheer exhaustion before Metal Sonic could reach whatever nonexistent limits it had.​

Shadow finally collapsed to his knees in base. "I can't die..." Shadow began to feel hopeless. He'd lose the fight. What can he do? He used all of his power. Every last bit. Nothing worked. There had to be something he could do. "Wait...he's copying my forms and fighting styles...so." Shadow smirked and quickly removed his rings entering a state which was unknown. He changed but it wasn't a transformation. It wasn't a techquine. It was Shadow's full power finally. He was fully red. His eyes white. Shadow vanished his power seemed almost limitless at this point and he had 1 chance. "CHAOS BLAST!!!!" Shadow's power grew and before Metal could react the blast came from Front, Left, Right, and Back. There was 4 Shadow's all using the blast.

Finally, it seemed that Hyper Neo Metal Sonic had reached it’s limits as it did it’s best to endure the brunt of Shadow’s attacks. Parts and pieces would be ripped or melted right off of the machine as it stood there, it’s cape even being incinerated just from the sheer heat of it all. By the time Shadow was finished all that remained of Metal was nothing but the barest metallic skeleton, each gear and wire exposed for all to see. Yet, Metal didn’t seem perturbed in the slightest, standing there with the same level of artificially programmed confidence as it had prior to the explosive attack. Examining damage done to it’s body, the machine would coldly report,

“Status: Multiple malfunctions occurring, left arm: detached. Requires replacement. Torso: inner exoskeleton exposed. Requires heavy maintenance. Head: Microchip functional. Requires little maintenance. Objective Status: Elimination of life form “Shadow The Hedgehog” paused. Secondary Objective Status: Evacuation of Dr. Ivo Robotnik. successful. Initiating tactical retreat”

Looking towards Shadow one last time, Metal would address the victor of this battle with no admitting of defeat of any sort. Instead, the machine simply stated “The next time I encounter you, there will be nothing left of your body but charred ashes” Teleporting right after before Shadow could reply. Nevertheless, the black hedgehog seemed to have been victorious in his battle. But, considering the lack of any prize as well overall damage to Mobius that the fight had caused, it seemed that the battle hadn’t been worth the struggle in the slightest. Eggman, Starline, Exe, and even Metal had managed to escape the facility before Shadow could finish everything once and for all. And now, they were put a step further back as they’d lost the advantage of knowing where their foes were holding out as it was now likely that they’d be more cautious in choosing their base of operations. Making the stunt Shadow had pulled of simply waltzing up to the facility nigh impossible now. Otto put it bluntly, nothing had been gained from the fight. It’d all been for nothing.​

Shadow was panting unable to stand. He felt unconiness crepping up on him. He was also greatful for Metal's retreat because if he stayed Shadow would be dead right now. He fell asleep for 2 long weeks and awoke in a bed in the pink hedgehog's house. Right when he woke up he tried to sit up but groaned and layed back down. He looked at his body bandaged from his neck to toe. It seems his head escaped a lot of damage but Shadow felt some of his quills had been burnt off.

Shadow heard 2 voices outside the room. He was able to identify them as Amy and Sonic. Why wasn't he in the hosptial? He glanced at the tv in his room and saw the Hosptial had been destroyed by an earthquake. Shadow felt guilty. His fight caused that. He killed all those people in there. Shadow would never know peace in his mind anymore knowing he killed them. Wait why was he thinking that? He was supposed to be the edgelord who never cared but yet...did hanging out with this group make him softer? Or is it perhaps the fact he and Rouge are...secertly dating.

Suddenly Amy opened the door, dropping the bedpan in her arms upon seeing that her friend was awake. “Shadow, you’re awake!” She go in to hug the life out of him, only to quickly release her grip after realizing that she shouldn’t be handling someone who was injured so roughly. “Eek! Sorry about that. Here, would you mind if you let me check you over to make sure if there’s anything to worry about? Got any pains, can you feel everything?” Amy would examine Shadow’s body, check his reflexes, and just made sure that there wasn’t anything immediately wrong with him. “Well you’ve lost a bit of muscle mass and weight but besides that I think you’re mostly good to go! Though I should suggest that you shouldn’t do any strenuous activities for at least the next week or so. We should make sure you’re body gets the proper time it needs to adjust, is that alright?” Noticing the T.V was on the news she quickly switch to another channel, landing on some silly little rom-com. “Well, let me get you some water” She’d quickly exit the room and brought back a pitcher and glass by the bed, pouring him a cool drink and putting the cup into his hands. “Let me know if you need anything else alright?”

"We might not have a week...if Metal attacks again...We'll be screwed...and he'd kill me wether I'm injured or not." He says. Shadow was surprised at his own voice thiking it'd been weaker. "I don't even know how I'm alive...if Metal didn't finish me I'd think my injuries or my exhaustion would have done it...and thanks I guess." He takes a drink.

“That’s unlikely, Eggman has been super quiet since your fight with Metal. There hasn’t been any spikes in badnik activity according to Mister President and Commander Price. I think you’re battle with Metal must’ve really scared him into being more careful. I mean, he now has to worry about if the planet really does have the chance of getting destroyed in his next encounter with you. You can’t exactly have world domination if there’s no world to dominate right? Though him being this quiet is still worrying…Who knows what he’s planning” Amy quickly shook those thoughts from her head.

“But that’s besides the point! As I’ve been your caretaker for the past two weeks I have the final say. Here’s my compromise; I’ll prescribe three days of rest instead of a week, that’s as little as I’ll go so you can take it or leave it”

right after his three days were over Shadow began falling back into routine. Waking up at 4:30 training til 7 am then eat breakfast then back to training til lunch.

Amy made sure to watch over Shadow throughout the three days of rest, always making sure that her patient didn’t overexert himself lest he face her scolding. Unfortunately not all of her time could be spent caring for the black hedgehog as she still had the duty of helping Station Square recover from the attacks, volunteering as a nurse at the nearby hospital. Often, she’d be gone from her home for long periods at a time, only to finally come back late at night utterly exhausted. But she never once complained, knowing that it wouldn’t solve anything. Plus, she had to look out for those who couldn’t look out for themselves because that’s what a hero does!

Waking up an hour or two after Shadow, Amy would help cook breakfast. Then, as it was Shadow’s final day of mandatory rest she decided to bake a little treat in celebration. It wasn’t anything special, just a batch of cookies, but it was that thought that counted right? Anyways, she did her morning chores and headed out the house. On her way to work Amy made sure to stop by the post office to drop off a letter. The past three days she had been keeping contact with Silver as the time traveler searched a way to get the emerald. Unfortunately it seemed that he hadn’t found any leads yet in convincing the royal family to depart with the emerald. But, Silver hadn’t lost hope yet, optimistic that he’d figure out some way to get the prized jewel in question. Thus, Amy’s letter was one of encouragement, letting Silver know of Shadow’s recovery and wishing him the best of luck. Sending the letter off Amy finally went to the hospital to start her shift.

Shadow sighed as he trained in a way most would consider torture. He would exhaust himself to near collapse, use nearly all of his energy, and put himself through pain that most could only describe as "even impossible for a god to handle." but as Shadow always said, "What is a god to an ultimate life form?"
Rouge watched as Shadow trained always wanting to tell him to stop but the look in his eyes always made it impossible. The anger of losing to a machine, the hatred towards Hyper Neo, The sadness that he nearly failed and if he had would be dead, but the thing that stopped her most was the determination. The only two words to describe is "above godly." "Then again...isn't Shadow a god now? He uses god energy and it's the same for Sonic." She would ask herse;f.

Shadow's training though always tiring him out, causing body aches, and even ending with bruises helped a lot as well. Every day when he woke up he seemed much stronger the increase in power was huge. Rouge, Mephiles, and Blaze agreed that if evolving the god form or even asscending to a new level of power was possible Shadow would achieve it in about a two to four week time.

It took one and a half weeks of training. Amy had been about to leave when Shadow evolved at long last.
Super Shadow Blue.jpg
Shadow looked at his body in shock. What is this power he just achieved? He just evolved the god form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back