• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Sonic the Hedgehog: The New Freedom Fighters RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Sonic waved his hands. "All right, all right, simmer down you guys! I know I'm amazing." Sonic joked. The cheering finally died down. "You are all here today because you have a dream, a wish to protect, a wish to serve, a wish to fight, a wish to find yourself, a wish to prove yourself." Sonic began, the room grew disturbingly silent as everyone reflected. "Whatever your reason for being here today, I honour you, I truly do, for it is very hard to make that first step of achieving your goals, especially such an outrageous one as becoming a Freedom Fighter!" Sonic smiled. "However, just so you know," Sonic began. "VERY few of you will make it past the initiation stage."

Suddenly a 'dud, dun, DUN!' sound effect went off.

Sonic turned around to Nicole. "Was that really necessary?" Sonic laughed.

"Yes, yes it was." Nicole replied.

AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat Geozaki Geozaki BlossomingRosebud BlossomingRosebud Redfork2000 Redfork2000 TheBlackLion TheBlackLion

Blade became nervous when Sonic said that. Only a few of all the people who came to the tryouts were gonna make it past initiation stage.

"Oh, man...Only a few? That's a lot of faith to put into someone like me..." Blade thought to himself as he felt his heart bouncing in his chest, like it was about to burst out.

"Yes, he's right." Sky thought to himself. "Very few will make it. And it's my mission to be one of those few that will."

Dawn began to get a bit nervous. This was a completely new environment for her. Would she really have what it takes to make it past the initiation stage? What would she have to do in the initiation stage?

Feet where his butt should be, Ayde sat in his own special way on the edge of the crowd. His chair was purposefully pulled aside so others behind wouldn't miss whatever happened onstage. Plus, he wasn't up for complaints at the moment. This morning was a weird one, and after the cheese burger incident it was pretty hard to accept his decision to skip breakfast. Eyes focused on the podium, he tried to imagine the events to take place. They were a few voices from the back row, and one particularly close by, but almost right after, everything went dark. Alerted by the sudden change he sprung up immediately, a stance taken upon the chair. Then it happened... A spotlight showcasing the 'Blue blur' cut Ayde's mental processing short, the clearly entertained audience cheering as a line of Freedom Fighters basked in the now returning light.

When the blue hedgehog started talking, the little Thunderbird slowly regained his squat. He spoke few words, each of which held weight. Ayde did come here to serve, that was what he was all about, and as a free bird he wanted everyone else to have that. First thing first though, initiation. Sonic claimed very few would make it, so obviously it would be a way to distinguish a quality needed for the line of work, something they want that not everyone here would have, or a luck-based exercise. The lynx's reaction kinda shoved hope to the side, Ayde finding it hard to take them seriously after the cartoony sound effect.

Last edited:
Circuit, as per the usual, was running late. His mother said he hadn't a timely bone in his body, and now that he was nearly late to the possible single most important event in his life, he was inclined to believe her.

He nearly broke every hover-board traffic rule of New Mobotropolis to get outside the city limits to Freedom HQ. A glance at his watch read 10:55. "Oh man, this is bad..." he grumbled to himself.

It was exactly 10:59 which Circuit slipped in through the back doors, huffing slightly, and it looked as if Sonic had just started speaking. Wow! He had seen Sonic, of course—mostly as the infamous 'Blue Blur'—but seeing him and the other Freedom Fighters this close was exciting! Circuit listened excitedly as Sonic gave his small speech but then... "Very few?" he repeated to himself in a whisper. Well, what was he to expect? A group as awesome as the Freedom Fighters weren't going to accept any wahoo—especially not since the war was technically over. And especially not the famous and prestigious Knothole Freedom Fighters, the original heroes and frankly the game-changers of history. Circuit gulped, trying to contain his nerves. This...this was going to be hard. But a fire had already ignited inside of him, and he was going to do everything in his power to make it!

Willow was gripping onto her seat anxiously. Very few? Was she really good enough? It was true she had trained herself to a great extent to get her force fields as strong as they are. But she was still lacking fighting skills. For the first time that day, she was having doubts, even Nicole's sound effect failed to cheer her up.

Sonic continued his speech. "Okay, while this speech has some dignity left, I'll continue," He joked. "I'd like to pass the speech on to Blaze, who will explain the initiation process, which is suitable since she was the one who made it." Sonic smiled as he stepped back and allowed Blaze to come forward.
"Thank you very much, Sonic," Blaze began, Willow was suddenly reminded that Blaze was no longer a princess, but rather a queen. The Freedom Fighters had travelled to the Sol dimension for her coronation. "In this test, you will be in pairs. Silver will be handing around cards in a moment. There will be a big letter and then a smaller letter underneath it. There will be a mobian in this room with the same bigger letter as you, they will be your partner. The smaller letter will either be f, m, i, or g. The f means your test will take place in a forest, make use of the surroundings is all I say. The m means it will be in the snow capped mountains, so it is a matter of keeping warm and fighting. The i means it will be an island surrounded by water, no doubt some of the fighting will take place underwater. The last letter, g, stands for G.U.N base, G.U.N have kindly lent us one of their bases for this exercise, your main attribute that will be useful here is stealth. Now I'll get onto what you will actually be doing. This is a race, but in your way there will be badniks to fight. The badniks are catered to their surroundings, so there will be underwater ones for the island and robots designed to detect in the G.U.N base. At the end of your location there will be a death egg robot, if your pair are the first to defeat it, you have won the race and passed the initiation. However, there will be cameras watching your every move, so if we see someone promising but they didn't win, we can still say they passed the initiation. I'd also like to give a quick thanks to Tails for designing the robots." Blaze dipped her head to Tails.
"No fuss! They weren't very hard to make!" Tails insisted.
Blaze turned back to the audience. "Any questions?"
Astralworks Astralworks Geozaki Geozaki AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat Redfork2000 Redfork2000 BlossomingRosebud BlossomingRosebud TheBlackLion TheBlackLion

Blade listened to Blaze explaining the initiation process. After she finished explaining everything, he wondered in what environment he would be dropped, and with who.

"A forest, snowy mountains, an island and underwater, and at a G.U.N. base? Dang, that sounds interesting." Blade thought to himself. When he heard Blaze ask if there were any questions, Blade raised his hand.
"Are any types of weaponry allowed to be used in combat against the robots?" He asked.

"Of course," Blaze nodded. "If you are skilled with a weapon, bring it along with you, we'd like to see your skills, that being said, if you are an inventor as well, you can bring your own machines if they will be handy to you. Great question-" Blaze suddenly broke off and peered at Blade. "Are you Tails' brother?" Blaze asked.
"I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!" Willow yelled excitedly.
AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat

Blade chuckled and rubbed his neck sheepishly when she asked that.

"I may look like him, but I'm not related to him, as far as I know. My name is Blade Eastwood, and I've been compared to Tails for all my life. I'm not sure if I am related to Tails, since I never knew my father and my mother died when I was very young, and afterwards, I was raised by my aunt and uncle." Blade replied.

"This sounds like an interestin' challenge." Dawns says. "Ah just hope ah don't get the snowy mountains. Ah'm not very good in the cold."

"Just to make sure..." Sky asks. "Am I allowed to use my jet?"

Blaze looked at Blade before turning to Tails.
"No! I'm not his brother!" Tails insisted, laughing.
"Don't worry, if your not good in the cold, Blaze has fire powers in case you get hypothermia, it's why she's here! Providing it's not too late." Silver joked when he heard Dawn's comment.
Blaze's ears pricked when she heard Sky's question. "Yes, you are allowed your jet, providing you don't think you'll crash into anything, but since you own a jet, I'm pretty sure you're skilled with it." Blaze turned to Silver. "Please don't scare the audience, Silver.." She muttered. "Of course they won't get hypothermia."
Blaze turned to the audience. "Any more questions?"
Redfork2000 Redfork2000 BlossomingRosebud BlossomingRosebud Geozaki Geozaki TheBlackLion TheBlackLion Astralworks Astralworks AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat

Sima breathed a sigh of relief when Sonic finally started talking. It was finally time to begin! After thinking about this meeting all night, Sima's hands and feet were itching for some action. Some good, challenging action. She took note of the challenge as described, hoping that she would be paired up with someone good and not annoying. Otherwise, she might just leave them behind. Her ears perked up, as well, to the mention of the mountains--that would be the perfect place for her to shine! It'd be just like home! However, she realized that she needed to be ready for anything, so it would be best to prepare her mind for whichever thing she got. She just hoped it wasn't the G.U.N. Base. That might involve something with computers, and she really wasn't technically savvy at all...

"Hypothermia?" Dawn said, a bit worried.

"It's when you get so cold that it puts your life in danger." Sky says back.

"Ah know what it is." Dawn replies. "Ah just never thought that might happen"

"Well, you'd better think of it." Sky says back. "Be ready for everything, that's what I say."

Blade was happy that he was able to bring any kind of weaponry with him, as he brought a Plasma Blaster with him and was wanting to test it on any badniks that got in his way. He also chuckled when Tails insisted they weren't related, though it would be crazy if they actually were related. He dismissed that and was waiting for anyone else the Freedom Fighters had to say.

Suddenly, Rouge laughed at Dawn and Sky. "Such banter! Doesn't that remind you of how I always used to tease you?" Rouge asked, peering at Knuckles.
Knuckles' cheeks became as red as his fur. "YOUR BATTY! YOU STILL TEASE ME TO THIS DAY!"
Rouge pretended she was about to faint. "Don't say that, Knuckie! I wouldn't do that to you!" She playfully insisted.
"Yeah, right.." Knuckles muttered.
Rouge turned back to the bickering pair. "So when's the marriage?" She asked.
"Rouge! Stop being disrespectful!" Blaze commanded.
Redfork2000 Redfork2000

"Wha-what!?" Both Dawn and Sky said at the same time, their cheeks turning red.

"Ah don't even know the guy!" Dawn says.

"It's not the same thing!" Sky exclaims. They both talk at the same time, trying to explain the situation, but as a result it's barely possible to understand what they're saying.

Dawn looked at Blade, and then looked at Tails. She then looked at Blade again, and then at Tails.

"Wait a moment, you two look alike. Are you brothers or somethin'?" Dawn asked.

Blade chuckled when Dawn asked him that.

"Nope, we're not related. Tails even just said it himself." He simply replied.

"Oh, right. Sorry." Dawn said, slightly embarassed. "Ah guess ah wasn't payin' attention."

"Not paying attention to what the Freedom Fighters are saying?" Sky said. "Now that's no good."

"You know that's not what ah meant!" Dawn answers back.

"Anyway..." Sky replied. "Let's just make silence so the others can ask their questions."

Circuit raised a hand tentatively. "Will there be any sort of map of the location when we get there? For the end destination? Or... are we just running on context clues?" If there wasn't a map, maybe he would try to bring his drone--but it was a bit finicky so he didn't know if he wanted to save the space or not. Oh, the suspense was killing him! He didn't know how to prepare, but his mind was already running in all sorts of directions. He really hoped he didn't get the mountains--he's never been in the cold, and getting lost in the cold mountains really didn't sound fun.

Tish looked up towards the stage as Sonic made an appearance. She just stared at him for a moment, trying to take in what she was seeing. Tish had always idolised the freedom fighters so seeing them all in person just a few metres away from where she was sitting was a big deal. As well as that, Tish was shocked by how old they all looked. Not that they looked 'old' but as she hadn't seen them in years, the difference was really noticeable to her and served as a kind of reminder that she'd been 'disconnected' for so long. Tish looked up at the stage in a state of awe as the Freedom Fighters explained how everything was going to pan out. Tish glanced around the hall, the idea of being paired up was terrifying. She was internally praying that she would be paired up with Willow as she was already warming to Willow but knowing her luck, it was unlikely to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back