• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Sonic RP (Closed)

buffy

It had been several days since that strange flash of light appeared in the sky. Was it another one of Eggman's tricks? Perhaps a precursor for what was to come. Well, whatever it was, Sonic was certain he'd be ready for anything. Tails had been going on and on about strange wavelengths coming from the other side of the island. "Something to do with that light-show the other night. I'm sure of it!" Sonic's thoughts were racing with slight uncertainties. It'd been some time now since his friends faced any sort of challenge. Maybe now was that time? Peace could only prevail so long; at least that's what the blue blur had learned from all his previous endeavors. "Heh..I mean, what are the chances of it actually being something good and NOT something trying to kill us?"

In the distance from where the blue blur was pondering, there’s what appears to be a building peaking out from behind some trees, seemingly hiding in the cover they provided. By the looks of it, it had been long abandoned by anyone who could possibly be on this side of the island. It looked completely devoid of any life as it was riddled with rusted metal. Had that always been there? Could this be the site? Quite possibly. After all, it wasn’t as if anything else stuck out like the warehouse did. It was like a sore thumb. A sore suspicious thumb that might be worth investigating.​

"Sonic!" The all familiar yellow fox jogged over, panting slightly from the fair bit of distance he had to cover.

"Whatsup buddy?"

Tails shoved a bright circular device to his nose. "I found something you might want to see!" He tapped a blue blinking dot on the screen. "There's strange interference going on in the forest! It seems like there's a biochemical intrusion coming from that abandoned building over there. And get this! Not only that, but there's energy pulses that match that of inter-dimensional pockets. Kind of like what happens when you use Chaos Control to teleport to time travel--except this holds no traces of chaos energy."

It was now that Sonic's ears stood straight up. "That is interesting! Do you think it has something to do with Eggman?"

"It's possible! But I don't see any eggbots on my scanner...Unless Eggman's got some new recruit or something that can sneak past my radar; I doubt it."

"Huh, well I guess I'd better check it out!"
Of course, why would he wait? Sure, it was the slight possibility that it could all just be some trap Eggman laid out; but who cares? It's not like he's been much of a threat these days. "Besides, I could go for a little challenge. Things are starting to get boring around here!"

"S-Sonic!! Be careful!!" Sonic's tail had disappeared in the trees before Tails could even reach to stop him. "Ho boy..Just as I was getting used to the peace and quiet." Tails quickly spun up after him.​

As the two started to close the distance between them and the site of the strange interference, the evidence of this building not being quite as abandoned as they would like to believe began to pop up along their short journey. A abandoned building can’t just be abandoned, can it?

Soon enough, different pairs of footprints littered the ground around them. Three, to be exact. At first, two pairs seemed to be average, possibly belonging to some folks stumbling their way through the trees. However, the last set was hardly as average the other two. These mysterious prints resembled something…mechanic. While it was easy to assume it was just some egg bots stalking around these parts, that couldn’t be the case. These tracks were fresh yet not a single not was picked up by Tails’ device. It had to been something else entirely. But what?

The prints weren’t the last clue that Tails and Sonic might not be alone for much longer. Eventually, they would end up coming across what seemed like a portion of the forest simply ravaged by unknown forces. Some trees seemed to be blown to smithereens alongside patches of land that displayed signs of trees being uprooted. What was doing this was strong…and possibly unfriendly.​

"Er..Sonic I don't like the look of this.."

"Relaax. I'm sure we can get down to the bottom of this. I mean whatever, or well, whoever is here I'm sure it's nothing we can't handle."
Cocky as always. Though he had right to be. Eggman nor any other villain for that matter had been able to oppose them for a long time. But that didn't mean they were entirely safe.

Tails was more than apprehensive, sticking close to his blue companion. He began a scan around the area with his device. Tails hoped that maybe just maybe he could decode some of the shapes of these footprints. The most puzzling of course were the mechanical prints. His first thought was indefinitely Eggman. I mean who else built robots on this island other than himself?? It surely had Egg written all over it. Still, why would anything of Eggman's be doing here in the middle of the woods? "I dunno Sonic whatever blew up these trees seems dangerous."

Almost as if the word “dangerous” had summoned some kind of misfortune, or perhaps opportunity, onto the fox and hedgehog duo, the dot previously emitting from Tails’ screen became brighter and blinked quicker than before. The entity lurking in the woods must be close! It was far too soon to deduce if being this close to it was a grave threat to their mortality or not, but it would most likely be too late to turn back. Not without a few scrapes and bruises, of course.

Suddenly, a crisp and audible snap of a twig alerted them both of something lying in wait only a mere feet away. No doubt that this hypothetical beast was probably watching them the two heroes scope out the tracks. But how could either of the two know? Where the snap came from was shrouded in shadows and shade. All they could see was a fuzzy blue light piercing from the darkness before the light swiftly began retreating into the shadows.​

Just as the twig snapped, Sonic was instinctively in front of Tails, holding his arm out protectively. The both of them held their breath for what could happen next. But when the assault never came, Tails was blinking at his radar. "Look Sonic! Whatever it was is still nearby!" Now it was the fox's turn to make a rash decision. He started to make a move to where the dot was indicating but Sonic abruptly pulled him back.

"Tails! You can't just go barreling through the woods looking for something that we don't even know what it is!"
Tails gave him the most unapologetically judgmental look. "Yeah, not like you do that ALL of the time!" "Sonic I don't think it's bad. Whatever it is. Look at first I thought it might have Eggman's signature all over--but now I'm almost certain that it's got nothing to do with him. Or well, at least I don't think they are working for him. Whoever and whatever they are." The fox took his arm back. "I say we go and investigate!"

"If you're sure...But you're sticking behind me pal. Not letting you get caught in the crossfires if I've got to put up a fight."
Sonic walked ahead in the direction Tails had started. "Though if this plan turns sour--I'm blaming you Tails."

A trail of familiar mechanical footprints created a path for Tails to follow, showing signs of promise when his device would maintain its excited blinking and bright hue. At this point, it was definitely clear that this unknown entity was the one leaving the trickle of odd tracks. But who did those other prints belong to? Hopefully, they would belong to some friendly faces or, at least, anything that would pounce on them and endanger their safety.

After traveling for what seemed like an eternity, Tails had arrived almost directly in front of the rusty building they were originally heading towards. Maybe it was just from it being decrepit or perhaps it was because it was so much more massive than Tails, but the aura around the area changed to something more ominous.

As he was taking in the building and the tone of the atmosphere possibly setting in, he could catch of glimpse of a shiny white metal peeking out from a cloak encasing a figure. The figure slipped into the small opening of the building that was just wide enough to let it shimmy through, leaving behind those infamous tracks of mysterious.​

"Whoa whoa. Hold your horses buddy." Sonic made quick to grab Tails by the arm and pull him back before the fox could go ahead any further. "Hey, if anybody is gonna be diving head-first into danger it's gonna be me."

The blue blur did stop to hesitate at the door. Something had definitely changed in the surrounding atmosphere. "Okay Tails, I'm going in."

Sonic did stop himself once more. The feeling that this was all a trap couldn't be more overbearing in this moment. He stopped, shrugged, and thought to himself. "Maybe I should knock??" Not that it would do any good. Whoever they just 'chased' out here certainly knew they'd be coming anyway. Still it was better than just barging straight through the door. Maybe someone would answer? Sonic didn't count on it but was hopeful. He leaned forward and knocked.

"Sonic..I don't think anyone is going to answer."

Last edited:
Silence was the first thing to greet Sonic after knocking on the old structure’s door. If the duo hadn’t trailed behind whoever it was earlier, one could definitely assume this place was abandoned and nothing more. It wasn’t easy to tell if the knock had actually notified whoever went inside of that building that they were waiting outside. Maybe the knock wasn’t loud enough? That quickly turns out not to be the case as the door resting in from Sonic let out an awful metallic creeeeeak, the door stirring to life in what appeared to be ages. The door then opened, slowly revealing the dark abyss that was the inner walls of the building. However, no face or voice could greet them behind that door. It was like a ghost had given him entry into its territory.​

Sonic was both relieved and bewildered. Was someone living here? Surely not. The place was abandoned and falling apart; not your ideal getaway resort. Still if Tails was right and someone was here--presumably from another time or dimension-- it would make sense to go for ANY shelter versus y'know, sitting under a tree. Tails didn't even say a word as the door creaked open and was likely still holding his breath.

The hedgehog took the first steps into the building. "Yep, still looks like an abandoned building to me." After glancing about it was clear that the place was still in structural shambles. If someone was here, they must've been desperate. Or hiding from something. Or both.

Tails was in tow behind his blue friend as they wandered around the eerie structure. "I-I don't like the looks of this place."

Dust particles floated about in the air and barely moved as Sonic and Tails ventured further into the building, almost like they were stuck in time itself. The whole building felt stuck in a state of limbo like time wouldn’t move forward or backward no matter how long anyone lingered near. Like the building was a time capsule, trapped in a moment of silent decay. It was serene…but also unnerving.

The sound of a box knocking over had disrupted the eerie peace as it was followed by a soft gasp. It seemed like the bearer of the strange footprints attempted to hide behind some cover but failed soon after. The cloak still shrouds their body but more of the shiny metal that seems to be their body is glimmering through the holes in the fabric. The cloaked figure remained still, unsure of whether to flee again or not.​

Tails jumped, startled by the box. But his fear was quickly flooded by curiosity. The cloaked figure was nothing like anyone or anything he'd ever seen before. Surely if they were bad they would have tried blasting them to smithereens; as he was sure this was the culprit that defaced the trees outside. "U-uh..hello? Are you by any chance the one who lives here?"

Sonic mentally facepalmed. "Leave it to Tails to make friends with the enemy." Though he wasn't quite sure this figure was an enemy. It seemed odd that they hadn't attacked yet. Still, Sonic kept a ready-to-spring-into-action stance.

The fox stood rigid like an icecube; they wouldn't be getting any closer to answers if this cloaked figure ran off again. "You don't have to run away! We're just trying to find some answers."

The figure continued to stay put while still weighing in the pros and cons of the situation before them. On one hand, they wanted to stay with the seemingly nice fox and his blue friend. Oddly enough, they felt a sense of familiarity when looking at the two of them which led them to feeling a sense of security. On the other hand, they really weren’t supposed to speak to anyone other than their friends who were currently out gathering for some supplies. Their friends wouldn’t be pleased if they saw two strangers intruding on their “home”.

Moments had passed before the figure decided to stay in place, choosing to interact with the two. After all, if something did happen, their friends would save them and certainly make the duo sorry that they ever came in range of them. Plus, the figure was lonely at the time, possibly even scared to be alone so the more company, the better. A soft female voice escaped from underneath the cloth, altered by a filter that gave off the impression of something robotic. “A-answers for what?”

Sonic couldn't help but tense instinctively at the sound of her voice. Who could blame him? Despite sounding not at all malicious or hostile; Sonic had a bad reputation with mechs. Especially those of the Eggman variety--not that he was certain who held the signature of her craftsmanship. His mouth beat Tails to the finish line. "Would you happen to know anything about the crazy light storm that happened a few nights ago?" Now he was getting uneasy. Tapping his foot with what seemed like impatience but was rather to calm his nerves. "Whoever this is they aren't from around here that's for sure."

"You see, I've been picking up signals from what seems like could be leftover particles that've been through dimensional travel!" Tails tried to sound as non-threatening as possible. This robo-being didn't seem at all like one of Eggman's creations. Though--Tail's of all people could spot Eggman's metalwork...and this figure did carry some familiar traits. "We've dealt with people popping in from other worlds before. We just want to know if it's anything we should be worrying about." Moreso if it was Eggman or some other malicious miscreants' doing. That way they could get to the bottom of it and pump the brakes before it could be too late.​

“Dimensional travel…is that what happened to us? Is that why everything is so warm and colorful here?” She wasn’t exactly sure what this place was supposed to be. If anything, all the conclusions she came to, based on several references to previous data, would up being that this is simply a dream or a simulation of what perhaps might have been before His power and dominance reached its highest peak. It was true, she wasn’t of this world or this reality at all. No, her place of origin was somewhere where she’d seen her fair share of life being smothered by mechanical menaces and a man who had been hellbent on destroying what was left of a shell of a civilization. Never once had she been exposed to such amounts of sunshine or nature before arriving in this strange location. Let alone such quiet that wasn’t created from mass destruction.

“I…I think I do know. But my-“ She briefly paused. They didn’t need to know about the others yet. So she tried to changed the subject. “My database isn’t advanced enough to comprehend or estimate about my current location. Could I know where am I?” She started to fidget in place, displaying signs of sudden impatience or maybe excitement. “Maybe they can offer useful information for my database! I’m too unaware of my surroundings currently…”

"There's something familiar about this bot. I just can't put my finger on it." Sonic tapped away at his foot apprehensively. Why were they so familiar??

"Why, we're on South Island! It's only the best place to live in Mobius." Tails chirped happily. "By the way, my name is Miles Tails Prower, but everyone calls me Tails." He nudges his blue companion with a smile. "And this is my best friend Sonic!" It was odd seeing Sonic act so quiet and jittery. Usually Sonic was the one bursting with the introductions. What was eating him? "What's your name?"

Bzzt! Bzzzt!! Tails clicked a button on his wristwatch to silence it. "Oof, seems like someone's calling from back home." Maybe Knuckles or Binx trying to get ahold of them? Whatever it was it couldn't be more important than what was going on right now.​

The robot was shocked, her body noticeably jolting with surprise upon the mention of their names. No wonder they both appeared familiar! Sure, the two of them carried less damage and scars from her last recollection of them, but the similarities were too glaring to ignore now. But…it can’t be true, can it? “Sonic…and Tails? This…this is highly illogical! My previous data doesn’t match up with this probability…how can you both be here?”

She was now more confused than she ever thought possible. It felt like her circuits could fry under the possibility of Sonic and Tails being present in this world. The last time anyone had heard from those two was months ago. Even now, before landing on Mobius, the resistance was constantly searching for those two and were praying for their safety. How could they end up on this foreign planet?​

"Do you know us?? Er..well, I'm guessing maybe you know different versions of us?" Tails blinked hopefully. Maybe this robot came from a different version of their world! That would be something for sure. Though Tails wasn't certain what kind of version that would be. This bot looked like they had been through it!

"We're pretty familiar with this space-time-dimensional stuff--unfortunately." The blue hedgehog rubbed his nose. "As long as you aren't here to destroy us or Mobius then I say that's enough to put us on good terms."

"Did you come here alone?" It wasn't out of the question. Most of the time--if not ALL of the times they've had to deal with inter-dimensional travel like this there were always multiple cases at once.​

Immediately, they nodded frantically when asked about knowing the two best friends previously. How could they not? It was thanks to their heroism and determination that allowed to escape a life of bringing endless destruction to the already dying planet they used to live on. They can’t even begin to fathom an existence where they lose their free will and serve as a mindless tool.

Their demeanor changed instantly, showing a more enthusiastic and joyful side to themself. “I am in debt to you because of your efforts! I am positive that if it weren’t for your compassion, I wouldn’t be able to be here today!” They then uncover their face as the hood of the cloak is drawn back, revealing that they were modeled after a rabbit. Their ears sprung up from the hood, bent forward at a seemingly awkward angle. They didn’t show any signs of discomfort as far as the fox and hedgehog could tell. “You may call me H-0P3! But, if that is too much of a mouthful, Hope is an acceptable substitute! As for if I came alone,…I did not.”

"Huh! Well it's nice to meet ya Hope." Sonic gave a thumbs-up. "As for the other passengers on your one-stop flight to South Island; you wouldn't happen to know if they're on our side would ya?" There were just so many questions! The best outcome would be that they arrived together as companions...but if the hedgehog knew anything about this kind of logic-defying travel is that there were always bad guys somewhere in tow.

Just then--BZZZT BZZZT!! Tails sighed and finally hit the 'answer call' button. He was nearly blown away when he did so though!

"AGGH! WHAT'S SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU TWO KNUCKLEHEADS KEEP IGNORING MY CALLS??" Knuckles sounded pretty fed up.

"Ha! Funny choice of wording there pal."

"GrrR--enough! Look I've been trying to get ahold of you two for hours. What's the situation with the signals?"

"All good! Well, at least we think so. We met a nice mecha named Hope! She came here with others from a different dimension. Better yet she recognizes us from her world! As for how she ended up here...not too sure on that mystery yet." Tails offered Hope a reassuring smile. "Sorry about the interruption. That's our friend Knuckles! Oh wait, you probably know who Knuckles is already. Anyway, is there any chance you could bring us to these others you spoke of?"

Without much of a warning, the sound of what could be accurately described as a gun being cocked echoed throughout the walls of the abandoned dwelling space, followed by a mechanical hum that signified a charge was being stored up. The source of the sound came from behind the invading pair. Behind them stood two new faces who weren’t exactly thrilled to see the uninvited guests in their self proclaimed base.

One of the newcomers was a female skunk wielding the shotgun that continued its ominous hum as it was pointed directly at Tails and Sonic, ready to fire off at any given moment she desired. The other was a male dog, a Dobermann, who seemed to be carrying a sack of unmarked goods over his shoulder. In a voice that conveyed a form of restrained aggression, the skunk spoke. “Both of you, away from the bot. Now.

"I knew something seemed off." Sonic and Tails quickly backed away. Well, Sonic was more of a slow turn-around and shuffle. "Well well! Who do we have here? Y'know, it's not very polite to barge in without knocking first." He waves his finger in a mock-scolding manner.

Tails held his hands up in surrender, looking to Sonic for what to do next. "This reeeally isn't the time for jokes Sonic--"

"You're right, there isn't anything funny about this situation. Hope, do you know these two jolly souls?" Sonic seemed to extend an arm out for both Tails and Hope, as if ready to take a bullet for either of them. "This could get messy Tails, I think you and Hope should get out of here before something happens." Sonic could dodge a bullet like a piece of cake but he wasn't having Tails or this nice robot get caught in the crossfires. It didn't dawn on him that maybe the three were companions. Knuckles had seemed silent on the communicator. 100% probably sending backup.​

“Hope’s not going anywhere with anyone but us. I suggest you leave before we make things a thousand times more ugly than they have to be.”

The sudden shift from conversation to confrontation had Hope’s systems on the fritz for a hot second. Things literally had gotten so hostile in a matter of seconds and she was stunned that her skunk buddy would just pull out a weapon on some kind people. Struggling to speak clearly in the beginning, Hope tried to calm down her teammates. “W-wait!! There is no need to shoot them, Jazzlyn! This is simply Sonic and Tails! True, their exteriors have been altered, but that does not mean their character has changed as well!”

But the mecha’s words didn’t seem to persuade Jazzlyn to lower her weapon. All it did was make her grip tighten around the…well, grip, of the gun. “Really? I find that a little hard to believe. You don’t know these people, Hope. For all we know, they could be on the same side as Robotnik and try to drag us back to whatever torture that sicko has probably thought up by now! We can’t trust anyone…no matter how familiar they might seem.”

"Robotnik??" "I know that name." "You mean Egghead? Don't tell me you brought another Eggman here!" Greaat. That was the last thing they needed. Though Sonic still wasn't quite sure what the fuss was all about. He gritted his teeth and kept an arm out for Tails and Hope.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Everybody please calm down! I think this is all a big misunderstanding." Tails glanced from both Sonic to the other three. "Please, we aren't here to fight. We only came here to figure out why this place was showing signs of dimensional-travel! And if you guys aren't working for Eggman than it's safe to say that we're on the same team here." Tails looked up to Sonic with a worrisome expression. "Sonic can't you see they're frightened by something? They obviously aren't here to hurt us or Mobius so let's just get out of here." He was really just trying to diffuse the situation before anything got out of hand. He grabs the blue hedgehog and tugs.

"We don't know that Tails. For all we know they could be the ones working for Eggman..or someone worse. I mean who points a gun at the two people that've saved the world from Egghead dozens of times--unless you work for him!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back