• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Team Hayate
"Riku did not eat our scroll!" Came an indignant shout.

Kiiro scoffed, dark eyes following Shibata's hand before looking back up at him. Replace our scroll? I think you misunderstand, we're here to scope out what kind of . . . shinobi Tsumi plans on throwing out this year." He brushed a few loose strands of hair from his face, "Taking your scroll is a decent way to gauge that."

The bruiser, as Shibata dubbed him, shrugged at Ryuuka's comment. "Sure, it's technically against the rules. But we're ninja, getting around them's kind of our thing." Explosions rang out in the distance, a barrage of lightning converging on one point. "'Sides, think we got a few minutes."

"I mean . . . snacks do sound nice." The kunoichi mused, lightly scratching her dog behind its ears. The little corgi leaned into the touch and closed its eyes.

"Kohaku," he sighed.

"What? It does!" She stared at him for a moment before huffing, "Fine." Kohaku stopped petting the dog and let her arm fall to her side, fingers twitching as she did so. "We'll play first." The small dog looked over at Aya, tilting its head. Before opening its mouth and firing three wooden senbon at her. They shimmered briefly as lightning flashed across the sky.

Kiiro wove a handsign, quickly forming and throwing a wooden spike at Shibata. A flower blossomed on the unsharpened end.

Wood Release: Flower Cutting

"Name's Yoshiro, by the way." The final genin grinned and lunged at Ryuuka, looking to catch her throat in a lariat. "Nice to meet'cha!"

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy IG42 IG42 Ace Cream Ace Cream

Ryuuka Tagamatsu
"Ahhh~ what a pain," Ryuuka groaned, holding up her hands in an exaggerated shrug, "There's just no getting through to some people," As the Inoichigakure genin closed in her Ryuuka ducked and released the chakra stored in one leg, body flickering under the incoming lariat and landing a short distance behind Yoshiro. Then with the chakra in her other leg Ryuuka immediately body flickered again, launching herself into a flying kick.

two step body flicker

Aimed at Yoshiro the wood release user.

"Sorry, Sorry," Ryuuka said cheerfully after resolving her attack as she began to weave handseals. "But I spar gramps all the time so fighting another taijututsu person is kinda boring. I thought you might be more interesting and since your delaying my sightseeing I wanna be entertained." Ryuuka finished weaving her handseals and inhaled a deep breath of air.

Wind Dragon's gift: Heavenly Provisions

Ryuuka didn't really know much about genjutsu, but Shibata had said it had something to that weird smell they'd encountered just before being trapped. If that was the case then simply not breathing in and smelling whatever it was should resolve the issue! Thanks to heavenly provisions Ryuuka could go several minutes without needing to breath, hopefully enough time to beat this guy. Or she might be totally wrong and about to get her butt kicked, life was full of little mysteries like that.

KageYuuki KageYuuki
IG42 IG42
Ace Cream Ace Cream

Kurio Shimizu
Kurio watched her stand with a slow nod, eyes quickly scanning over her visible injuries. From a glance, the burns may be more severe than the ones she had received in training. If anything, they were far more numerous. "Tsubame has its attention at the moment. Its wounds have slowed it down considerably, we have a moment. So let me just--" Kurio blinked as she snapped, shoving past him to stagger back up the path.

His eyes narrowed, "Beg me to help when you hurt yourself training, but shove me away when it actually matters. Gonna get yourself killed acting like an idiot." The genin muttered under his breath, momentarily surprised at the venom lacing his tone. If Okimi didn't want her wounds treated, then she could just suffer for a few minutes. Slow as she was moving, it wasn't like she could close the gap between her and the Akuma any time soon.

Shaking his head, Kurio looked between his teammates and the toppled Akuma. With how damaged the crystals on its back were, another lightning strike could cripple if not kill it outright. Assuming the crystals had been responsible for dissipating the strikes. They could just be attracting them for all he knew. Kurio considered just staying back and observing. But the flood of adrenaline made it difficult to sit still for long.

Seeing the Akuma snap at Tsubame, he didn't think he just reacted. Already finishing a short series of handsigns as he flickered past Okimi. A blue glow overtook Kurio's hand as he landed at the Akuma's blindside, taking a swipe at the muscles on its jaw with a chakra scalpel.

Ganryu Ganryu InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum S n o w S n o w

Hayate Yamamoto

Leaning against a pole, Hayate scanned the crowd for a familiar face. Compared to home, the bustling streets of Arashigakure felt crowded as shinobi and civilians alike hurried from one place to the next. Street vendors could be heard calling out their wares whether food or trinkets, and a small group put on a show at the other end of the street. Their music mingling with the chatter of passers-by. Hayate knew the crowd would more than double once the sun set. As people, now free from work, took to the streets in search of food or fun.

Wonder what they’ll think of it. The team had been given leave to spend a day in Arashigakure to rest once the trial had ended. While mainly to rest and nurse injuries, they were permitted to explore the city itself. So long as they didn’t cause any trouble. Just hope they’re doing alright.

“Oi! Yamamoto! Still rocking that ponytail look huh?” The voice that called out to Hayate was female, loud and enthusiastic without much care from the annoyed glances it provoked from pedestrians around it. The owner of the voice was a woman about Hayate’s age who looked like she’d just left a beach despite standing in the middle of the city. She was tanned a deep brown and wore a garish, Hawaiian shirt over a tank top, frayed shorts and a battered pair of flip flops completed the beach bum look. “That’s no good man! That kind of thing is totally dated! How are you gonna get a girl at this rate?”

Hayate chuckled, turning towards the familiar voice. “I don’t know, Kamiya, I think the look suits me.” He flashed a grin, “But that’s a lotta talk coming from someone that turned a disguise into their everyday look. Gonna fish up a guy or something?”

“Hmph! As if, if anything I gotta fend em off with a stick!” Kamiya replied, throwing a few punches at the air beside her. “Although it is harder to meet people now that I’m teaching, the little squirts have so much energy!”

“You too, huh?” He gestured back towards the village gate with his head, “I’ve got a trio running the gauntlet right now, actually. Think being a handful’s a requirement for a genin.”

“Oooh that’s nostalgic,” Kamiya said with a chuckle. “Not that I ever did it, I think I’d gotten my team in hot water just before with some prank. Oh but anyways, we shouldn’t talk here, there’s a pretty good ramen joint around the corner though,”

“Swear the Nendokage himself was messing with us when I ran it. No way the terrain changes that fast there.” Hayate gave a short nod, “lead the way.” He looked at the city as they wove through the growing lunch crowd. Numerous tall spires lined the wall and were scattered across buildings, drawing lightning away from any hapless pedestrian.

Shichijinn Ramen was old school, all the way down to the old, soy sauce stained wooden tables and the stern, grumpy looking chef serving up orders from behind a counter.

“Sup old timer?” Kamiya called as she breezed past the counter to snag an empty booth. “Two Extra large shoyu bowls, extra chili and green onions with mine!”

The chef grunted loudly and waved absentmindedly, which seemed to complete the ordering process because he turned back towards the kitchen to focus on an enormous, bubbling pot of broth.

“You want the shoyu,” Kamiya said to Hayate as she stretched out in her seat. “It’s an old family recipe or something. It’ll be ready soon but you had something you wanted to talk about right?”

“Same with mine,” Hayate had called before slipping into the seat across from her. He rested his arms on the table, leaning forward slightly. “Yeah, there’s been a big uptick in bandit activity lately.” A slight shrug, “which wouldn’t be weird on its own, but they’re all trying to establish camps close to the village, or areas known to be under our protection.”

“Hrrmmm it’s not exactly the same, but I think I remember Hata from team 7 saying something about some of the local street gangs making some weird moves,” Kamiya scrunched her face up in concentration as she tried to recall the details. “I think he said he was running into the kids they use as lookouts closer to some of our safe houses and listening posts. Some of the known associates on his list had nicer stuff lately too, y’know shoes and jewelry ‘n stuff. Hata was saying maybe they had some kind of new backers or capital from somewhere. Didn’t sound like it was a big deal at the time but if it’s possibly related…” Kamiya trailed off in thoughtful silence.

Hayate’s brows furrowed as he drummed his fingers against the worn table. “Add in ninja claiming to work for Bishamonten skulking around and it can’t just be a coincidence.” He heaved a sigh, letting his hand fall flat. “Something’s coming, Kamiya, something big. I just can’t figure out what it could be.”

Just then a server came by with two steaming bowls for the two of them and the conversation gave way to eating for a while.

“Something big huh… I sort of feel like you might be right,” Kamiya said finally, emphasizing her point by gesturing with a piece of pork held between her chopsticks. “It feels like it’s been too long since there was a big shakeup,”

Kamiya took a big slurp of noodles. “What we need is a corner piece,” she said suddenly. “You know it’s like a puzzle, when you have a couple of random pieces it's hard to work out how they all fit together, but once you have corners you can start to see the shape of the whole thing. We need that,”

Hayate gave a low hum as she spoke, nodding in agreement. The peace following the last Great War hadn’t been built on the most stable ground. But most had agreed the peace was much needed. “Yeah, just hope we find those pieces soon.”

He took another clump of noodles, mulling over the new info. The broth was rich without the soy sauce being overpowering. Though Hayate always swore things tasted way different outside of the village. “Can at least say this doesn’t look like Jingakure’s doing,” he said finally. “It’s not their style anyway.”

Kamiya snorted. “Yeah, they never were big on subtlety, whoever we’re up against this time they’re smarter. Or at least sneakier,”

“Which just means more of a headache for us.” Hayate withdrew a small scroll, setting it on the table. An intricate seal covered the outside, preventing prying eyes from opening it. “This pretty much has everything we talked about. Can you make sure this gets to the Arashikage? I can’t really take it there myself.”

“Oooh is this Ms. Shimizu’s long-awaited confession letter~” asked Kamiya playfully, snatching up the scroll and examining it. “I’ll take it in myself. I gotta see the bossman about some stuff anyway. I’ll talk to Hata and a few other people, see what else I can sniff out. If I find anything juicy I’ll let you know the usual way,”

Hayate snorted, “it could be, and we’d never know.” He gave a short nod, before returning to lunch. “Appreciate it though. I’ll be in town for a few days, so it won’t be too hard to find me.”

“I probably won’t find anything before you leave,” Kamiya said, finishing off her bowl and standing up to pay. “Besides you and the kiddos should enjoy your stay in the city peacefully. There might not be much time for that kind of thing in the future…”

xwVPfG9.png
Shioreta Koino

How quickly things went south... very south. The damage that managed to be inflicted in such short time only went to show how little chance the guards stood. A bit of a disappointment they put on such a massive amount of bravado yet could be foiled so easily. Perhaps more credit was deserved to whoever the bubble lady was, but still they seemed they could of easily been far more prepared on their end of things. Her eyes shifted to Miho's Kunai only further finding their security quite lackluster. It would only make things that much more dangerous for them in attempting to make an escape.

Her fingers shifted as chakra threads shot out, being quite minimal in her gesture as to not stand out too much. As Waka wandered over to blatantly grab the bar to use as a weapon Shio quickly pulled the kunai careful to keep it as low as possible using multiple threads to alter its path. She pulled it along the ground yanking to send it flying in her direction attempting to keep it low enough as to not draw too much attention. The kunai flew close to the ground just hovering off it to avoid any extra noise as she yanked it into her hand. She kept a rather meek pose seeming to try and exude a helpless demeanor as she slipped the Kunai into her sleeve. There was no way she was going to pull off looking tough, so her best bet was to make herself look as meager of a threat as possible and hope it might keep attention away from her to her more dangerous teammates such as Waka who did a good job bashing in one man's head who was about to attack and seeming to draw much more attention to himself.

"Our best bet is to backtrack and try and find any guards along the way. They will have a higher likelihood of knowing the way around this maze of a place. If we see them retreating from the way we would normally head out the way is likely blocked in some way if its prisoners or rubble, and they will likely use their knowledge to head the next best route around. We should keep our distance though, the prisoners will be more likely to target them before they target us." She spoke out softly as a small suggestion. Without knowing the layout it made navigating for them harder which the fact the place seemed to be falling apart it would only make things that much worst. She kept a bit back allowing for Waka to take the lead opting to keep more of a lookout or to voice up if she thought Waka was going the wrong way. If she watched what the prisoners and guards were doing close enough she might have a chance of avoiding having them stumble into some rumble and cost them valuable time.

Mentioned: Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

1593057623176.png
Sachiko sighed, patting Shio on the back as they made it towards cell block 724. "No need to apologize for being the smartest person in the room!" She eyed Miho Sensei and smiled innocently. Something was off though. Mostly from how Miho panicked and ran forward. Sachiko took a moment to steal a glance at the guard's clipboard.

Mizuki Himura, Sangogakur-

Sachiko didn't have too much time to focus though as the air around them suddenly stiffened, and something fast shot right above them. The room cracked and shuddered, growing still... then began to fall apart.

Sachiko ran in after sensei, coming in at the very end of a kunai being thrown and... two dead guards. Sachiko looked at the severed arms, and nearly threw up, gagging against it, before shaking her head, and taking her normal complacent smile, running up to them, and relieving two more kunai as Shio took Miho's original. They now had 3 knives between them. Sachiko looked for the bodies, only finding two wallets... and a bit more blood got on her.

Dead with it later... deal with it later...

-gulp-

She ran with the group. Or tried to. Sachiko was about as fast as Shio, but that honestly wasn't saying much.

Waka was pretty fast and wielding a metal bar. He smacked some prisoner straight in the head.

She looked at Shio, exchanging a glance.

"This is a prison for shinobi, right?"

And we're genin, right?
She didn't add on.

Sachiko kept her eyes glued to the ceiling, glancing around occasionally to make sure no one was coming. Lots of dust. Sachiko sighed and did a quick handsign.

Dealer's Eyes

Water fell from her contacts, clearing the dust easily and keeping her eyes sharp despite the chaos around. Miho wasn't the only one who snuck equipment in. Sachiko smiled to herself. She'd gotten SOMETHING in.

... She should add teh ability to fire lasers. That would be cool. Wait. Laser's that close to the eyeball was a bad idea. But it sounded so cool!

Slapping her own face to get back to reality, she noticed a small medical cabinet they were passing.

"Guys. Give me 10 seconds!"

In a pink blur, Sachiko body flickered infront of it, crouching, and tired to lock pick it. There was no lock.

"The heck? No lock?"

She stabbed at the edges. It seemed sealed shut.

"Ugh... this is probably one of those trapped ones with a ridiculous open condition. Uh.... I know, I'm lucky! Sensei, you want a show of how lucky I am? It's my only saving grace!"

Sachiko stood up infront of it straight with one hand behind her back, and the other one free of anything. She knocked on it.

"Open sesame."

Miho might notice the 'snake' handsign on Sachiko's off hand. She, and everyone else around them might notice the cabinet violently exploding, and spewing tools all over the hallways. Also sending Sachiko flying into a wall with a thud.

"Ugh... Lucky!"

She began to shuffle through, grabbing and looting it. In the center of the explosion, the destroyed tatters the felt Sachiko's hat was made of could be seen. Sachiko had a happy smile and was humming to herself, and ignoring wet marks at the edges of her tired eyes. She picked out enough tools for everyone, then made a very concerned expression. She pulled out a burned sack. Inside were more explosive tags. Undetonated... Burn marks were at their edges. They still hadn't detonated. The look on Sachiko's face said everything that needed to be said. She through a few of them to her teammates without a word.

She just followed them. Sachiko had a brilliant plan in her head. Suddenly it didn't seem so brillaint after how that had gone...

After about a minute she spoke.

"Miho Sensei. I'm taking tomorrow off. I need to schedule an appointment with my therapist. Need any paperwork for time off?"

Last edited:
Aya

Aya activated her dojutsu. The senbons thrown at her became clear, their trajectory obvious and she could see its wooden body gleamed from the distant lightning. She drew three of her own wooden senbons and threw them. All the senbons struck each other midair and fell onto the ground.

Aya didn't stop. She used the oportunity to dashes forward and bypass the dog. They have time limit and shouldn't waste time fighting these people, so Aya pla to end this quickly. A wooden kunai on hand, her oversized kimono billowed midair as she launches a jump attack towards the small girl.

KageYuuki KageYuuki IG42 IG42 AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Last edited:
Tsubame MochizukiThe bear, already intimidating on four legs, sent a bolt of fear through her as it stood on two. All she'd done was make it angry, and she was alone.

Retreat

Tsubame flipped backwards. She didn't see the bear fall, but she felt it. Her foot slipped as she landed, throwing off her balance. She didn't want to think about what would've happened next if her teammates dragon partner didn't jump on it.

Amateur mistake, taking your eyes off the enemy. Taro or Tomoko would've finished it off by now.

Tsubame tried not to tense as the dragon hid behind her. It being with her meant that Okimi was okay, right? There was no time to look back and check herself, as Kurio was there, attacking the bear while she hesitated. Again. Her fists clenched. With an enraged shout (subtlety be dammed) she did a front flip, pushing off the ground with chakra so she ended up above the bear, and brought her foot down on its head, a bone-spike shooting down out of her ankle.

It would either finally end this or be the stupidest thing she'd ever done.

Shibata Yamamoto
Having established that negotiations had definitely broken down Shibata was ready for Kiiro's attack and countered the spike with a crystal needle clashing straight on sending both projectiles spinning off in opposite directions. "Very well, I see we're not making any new friends today."

Preparing himself to face off with the wood release user he was caught off guard when Ryuuka went for the ringleader forcing him to switch targets for the bruiser who had identified himself as Yoshiro, he supposed that as long as Ryuuka could keep up the pressure on her opponent he might not be able to catch her in another genjutsu. Looking past Ryuuka he could see Aya had safely neutralised Kohaku's initial attack and was also well prepared to fight.

In any case he had a more immediate problem, Yoshiro still had the look of a taijutsu specialist but he could have any number of tricks up his non-existent sleeves and he wondered if the scale pattern tattoos were more than just cosmetic. Creating a mirror he mixed a trio of crystal clones in with several phantoms which surrounded his opponent with the real deal mixed in among them, in unison they each formed a crystal blade on one forearm albeit with a blunt edge. The crowd began to circle Yoshiro in random directions shuffling the real in with the fakes and the fakes with their fakes before striking or feinting from all sides, sometimes one at a time and sometimes in twos or threes.

KageYuuki KageYuuki Ace Cream Ace Cream AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Team Ichiro
KageYuuki KageYuuki S n o w S n o w InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

The bear's roaring bite was ended by a combination of Fuerey's weight, Kurio's blade, and Tsubame's kick, all three closing it rather violently, then the jaw bouncing back open and hanging there as it grunted. Burns took away enough fur that Tsubame's spiked kick would feel bone as it landed, a crunching sound rewarding her efforts, and a slight crack running along the bones she made would infer the bear had taken just as much damage. The left eye of the bear turned unfocused, but the bear wasn't done yet.

Its arms flailed wildly, a downward slap at Kurio as he landed, putting more the weight of the bear on him than anything, followed by the bear shoulder checking Tsubame and Feurey both, with its weight on Kurio to send them flying. The bear stepped off Kurio and chased after the flying genin and reptile, a pathetic mew cfrom its mouth with its jaw messed up. Halfway through a step if fell over, before getting back up.

Blinded, broken skull, burnt, leg injured, jaw injured, back injured from the rocks, the bear just didn't seem to go down, toughness being its number one attribute; It was almost more zombie than mortal it seemed like.

"3... 2...1..."

As it made it halfway between the two parties, a white light blinded the area, blocking out all sight, and a massive 'boom' of thunder shaking everyone there in a deafening roar.It was followed by the final shriek of the monster, before it finally collapsed, sparking as the crystals on its back discharged lightning. It twitched once, twice, then laid still.

The crystals on its back were glowing erratically, sparking and cracking, growing brighter in light as energy began to leak violently out, arcs of lightning sparking out at everyone as one of the cracks grew all the way across the crystal. The crackling energy was going more intense before a golden blur flickered infront of hte bear and kicked it far off the mountain pass, and towards a river below. The crystal on its back finally gave way in the distance and exploded in a brillaint show of sparks and colors. Ichiro cracked his neck and smiled at the three in a grazed "Good job murdering the shit out of it" smile. Which was followed by the words:

"Good job on murdering the shit out of it. And they told me it'd take chunnin at least to do this. Said they wouldn't give it unless I helped, and here we are, you guys killed it ll on your own, and didn't die. None of you died, right? "

Ichiro's head cocked as he looked them over.

"Right. Anyways, guess gotta do some teaching shit, though gotta say watching you guys go at it was pretty intense, put me in a pretty good mood. Take 5, bandage yourself up, then everybody sit in a circle."

Ichiro began to prowl around, before drawing on the ground with a stick, slowly forming 5 circles, and writing the symbols in the center for each one.

'Fire' - 'Wind' - 'Lightning' - 'Earth' -'Water'.

Upon writing the last, he sat down in the water circle, and waited for the genin to finish bandaging up and sit in their own.

Okimi Bajirisuku
and Feurey

The bear’s shoulder bash had sent Feurey flying quite a distance. The little green dragged skidded across the dirt, before rolling back to his feet. If it wasn’t for his hardening hide, he would have been given more than a couple scrapes. However, the hit had rattled the dragon. All he could do was stand in place and try to get the wind back into him.

Okimi had just gotten a view of the bear when lightning blasted down on it once again. Initially, she was worried that Feurey may have been caught in it, but she was able to see the little green blob a distance from the bear. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she turned her gaze back to the fallen akuma.

Tsubame must have pushed it to the edge if it was dead now. Okimi brought her hands up to her head and began to try and fix her hair, as she walked as uninjured as possible over to Feurey. She bent down and picked him up as Ichiro started complimenting the team’s work.

“How about we don’t split up from now on. I got a little worried you know,” Okimi said to him. She stroked his head and gave a peek at the other ninja. After making sure they weren’t looking at that moment, she hugged Feurey tightly, making the dragon squirm with annoyance.

Ichiro now insisted that they sit in a circle for some learning.

“Seriously? Can’t we wait until we’re home for this?”

Nonetheless she watched him draw the circle, and write out the five elements. Okimi saw the fire one, and plopped down in it, with Feurey sitting next to her.

“I already learned about the elements you know!”

Team Miho
Team Miho made their way hurriedly through the prison, doing their best to avoid the more dangerous prisoners and the more obstinate roadblocks. The four of them had nearly reached the exit, the slanted, heavy door they had entered through originally was partially closed but it was no longer sealed and there was obvious damage to it as though someone had forced their way out. WIth the door no longer properly sealed the faint sounds of footsteps and voices were able to reach Sachiko, who was on lookout duty.

Sachiko jumped infront of the group and made a ‘stop’ motion, listening in, pointing to the door as she listened in. She then shrugged.

“Hey guys, someone’s on the other side. Or a lot of some ones. I got an idea. Sadly it’s not transforming into sensei, never works anyways. Sensei, why do you have such a terrible reputation, I can’t get away with anything! “

She made a handsign, turning into the prisoner from before, Nobuyuki. “I, uh, have no idea what he sounds like, or his personality, but he seemed scary, and scary seems good. I kiiiinda don’t wanna actually leave out the front. Think you guys can put explosive tags on the ceiling, and escape through there? I’m sure Sensei could kick anyone’s butt in the way, anyways.”

Sachiko saluted, which… looked odd in Nobuyuki’s form, then threw the bag with the rest at Waka.

“Sorry, bestie, but Waka I think’ll have more fun with fireworks, I say blow up the ceiling and escape on the roof. I wanna go make friends. See ya guys!”

She walked towards the door itself, straight towards the footsteps.

Miho glanced over her shoulder, down the corridor behind them. Seemed clear, what the hell then, the brats hadn’t had to do enough thinking this mission. “Alright you three figure out how to get through there, I’ll wait here a bit to make sure we aren’t followed and then catch up with you,”

Ganryu Ganryu
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Hanarei Hanarei

Tsubame MochizukiBeing hit by the bear felt like she had the weight of the village pushing against her chest. All the air rushed out of her, and she barely remembered to harden the bones in her knees in between re-learning how to breathe and wondering how in the world the bear was still alive. She hit the ground knees fist, rolled, and ended up on her stomach, wheezing as the bear exploded away from them.

She struggled to push herself up. Her ribs felt broken, but she probably wouldn't be able to move if they were. Bruised, then. Her ankle hurt, her bone spike breaking off sometime during her roll across the ground. She could put weight on it though, and she walked gingerly over to her team, convinced that her sensei was completely insane. Had they killed it? It seemed very much alive when it threw its weight at her, and she knew it wasn't Kurio or Okimi who punted it away from them.

"Yes, sensei," she said with a placid smile, and limped over to sit in the 'earth' circle. She'd probably be lectured for jumping, but she only folded her hands in her lap and waited.

Wakanaka

Team Miho

"Understood sensei." Waka was certain they could get out easily enough... But... given this was a prison for ninja and ne'erdowells of a dangerous sort he didn't think going out the front was a good idea. That included sachiko's plan of walking out there in a disguise... Who knew who was sitting there waiting..?

Well at least he gets to blow something up without ruining everything.

Looking up to the ceiling he suddenly got the memory of the first mission into his head... he had to utilize tree climbing to stay up there long enough to apply the tags... Hoo boy... The young man clambered towards the wall and began skittering up it like a strange looking beetle, his hair following gravity while the rest of him didn't. it was at this point he wondered how some kunoichi deal with doing something like this? Some had long hair.. wouldn't that be an issue? Plus some wore a skirt so... Well, it mattered little, best he keep focused.

Looking towards the bag of tags he stopped himself from opening it once he was in a good place. he quickly flipped the bag upsidedown, right side up in truth, and then opened it to begin planting the tags. truly, there was a insane amount of explosive tags in here.. Just how many did sachiko bring? this was insane... What was she planning to do? blow open a vault?

...Actually nevermind...

After planting a few in a bunch, he tapped on the ceiling, wondering if.. it would actually work.. How thick was the ceiling?

...Well...

No time like the present right?

Backing away, he formed a snake sign and activated the explosion....

xwVPfG9.png
Shioreta Koino

Shio had kept a bit quiet after her explination having only responded to Sachiko with a light nod. It wasn't that she didn't want to say words of encouragement, she was more caught up in thought attempting to try and think things through. They were in a very dangerous place... and even worst was the prisoners there were likely incredibly unpredictable if the cannibal wasn't a clear sign right off the bat. There were far too many variables at play to even formulate any real solid plan. All they could do was make some basic plan and improvise their way through. Shioreta's expression was just left empty attempting to think things through.

Well... until the locker exploded due to Sachiko apparently holding there things.

Shioreta looked on a look of horror on her face for once as the various items flew out. The scroll containing her puppet was in there. That wasn't something that could easily be replaced, and it wasn't like she was capable with that much without the puppet, at least not really believing herself that capable of fighting without it. Fortunately for her she saw the puppet slopped over a bit rattled from popping out from the scroll due to the explosion. The Genin wandered over to it, fortunately the explosion itself not having seemed to damage it at all only the moment of it being shot out form the scroll carrying it to be tipped over as it was. Shio quickly extended her threads out connecting to the puppet as it began to crack and snap to lift making sudden creepy jolting motions as she began to diagnosis if there was any problems. Fortunately for her it seemed to be working perfectly fine despite the rough exit from the scroll.

"Thank goodness..." She spoke with a soft sigh speaking under her breath. Shioreta began to move her fingers as the puppet snapped as if coming to running up to her. The puppet jumped up its legs sweeping out to grab hold around her acting once again as a backpack as she had used before learning to use the sealing Jutsu. The tail clicked as the segments all shot inside the body one at a time with the head snapping back the neck sinking into the body as to not be in the way.

Glad I I hadn't repurposed the body compartment yet, makes using it like a backpack again a lot easier without having the tail segments extended out on me.

Shioreta followed her team doing her best to keep a lookout herself. Having more eyes observing was never a bad thing. She watched as Sachiko stepped in front to stop them being quick to stop on the spot. She kept quiet knowing better then to speak up or question it. Well... perhaps with Sachiko questioning things might normally be good though in this situation seemed like a solid exception. Her plan was... a little questionable though Shio kept quiet. She didn't want to try upstaging her. She watched Sachiko slip out leaving Waka to plant the explosives. Shireta stood in thought glancing back at where Miho was. It seemed clear to her she at the very least was confident in the situation enough to let them act on their own. Still it didn't mean there was no danger. She turned to speak to Waka as she noticed him make the hand sign.

"Wai...." She spoke too late as the explosion went off making her quickly jump away a bit more so as to avoid any debris kicked up from the falling ceiling. She lifted up her hand as to shield her eyes from the dust flying in the air. She looked on staring up seeing the hole left in the ceiling. Well, that worked better then she had expected. Not only did it manage to create an opening, but it also didn't collapse on them and crush them where they stood. She glanced back in the direction Sachiko went. Well it was too late to take back the explosion either way now. She took hold of a few tags (did Waka actually use that many? How weren't they dead under a bunch of rubble right now?) placing them directly on the back side of the door. She quickly took out a piece of paper... a little charred... writing a note.

For one explosive exit
An a-door-able gift is on the other side

Not the best pun or message she could come up with but the explosion likely drew attention as it was giving them not too much time to escape. Hopefully Sachiko's plan whatever it was went off without a hitch so it was unnecessary, but it felt wrong to just leave without some contingency plan in place. She looked to Waka as if to give a bit of a nod to head out, Shio beginning to quickly climb up to the ceiling to make an escape. If all things went out without a hitch no harm was caused and that would be one more dumb pun she could work on and improving if it became more relevant in the future.

Mentioned: Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Team Hayate

Kiiro scoffed, watching the wooden spike fall to the ground. "A Yamamoto?" Maybe this wouldn't be all that boring. He smirked, bringing up his hands for another set of handseals. Only for Ryuuka's foot to catch him in the side, sending tumbling away a few feet. Kiiro winced, clucking his tongue at having let himself be blindsided like that. Sloppy.

He straightened, looking Ryuuka over as she prepared a technique of her own. "You're the one who needed help breaking my last illusion," Kiiro flew through handsigns of his own, vines and bark quickly encasing his skin. Small flowers bloomed at random intervals along his body.

Wood Release: Baku's Armor

"The Yamamoto's more worth my time," another wooden spike appeared from his sleeve, "Tch, can't be helped." He threw it at Ryuuka, gauging how she'd react. He glanced at Yoshiro and tsked, You weren't supposed to use that.

Yoshiro huffed as Ryuuka dipped beneath his attack and flickered over to Kiiro. His annoyance was shortlived, however, when her strike landed on his teammate. A short bark of laughter escaped his lips. "Oh man, the look on your face! Not so high and mighty now- huh?" He turned to face Shibata as he appeared, studying the mirror and blades intently. "Crystal? One of the high clan guys then?" Yoshiro's grin returned, "Even better."

Despite all of his posturing, Yoshiro remained stone still as the clones surrounded him, his eyes closed and breaths slow. The tattoos on his shoulders shimmered and spread. He opened his eyes as the clones ran at him, twisting between their blows in unnatural angles. A few blows still glanced off him, the dulled blades didn't elicit much of a reaction. A breath through his mouth before Yoshiro smirked and snapped his fist forward, seemingly at empty space. His arm stretched, fist heading for the real Shibata.

Jakotsu Style: Orochi Strike

"What're you holding back for!? Let's go!"

Kohaku tilted her head as Aya knocked the senbon from the air. A ranged fighter? That could be fun! At least she wasn't launching into a kick like Ryuuka had done to Kiiro. Kohaku would've laughed had she not been focused so intently on Aya. "At least you still wanna play with me." She smiled, holding her hands out in front of her. Kohaku's fingers splayed out at odd angles, twitching subtly.

No sound came from the small dog on her shoulder despite the battle now raging between the two teams. If Aya were to focus on it long enough, she'd notice it no longer blinked or even breathed. With an unspoken command, Riku sprang off Kohaku's shoulder, diving under Aya as she jumped and into the tall grass.

Kohaku held her arm in front of her as Aya dove, pulling her sleeve back to reveal several metal bands wrapped around her forearm. She gave a hidden wire a sharp tug, releasing a set of senbon at her opponent.

IG42 IG42 AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Ace Cream Ace Cream

Kurio Shimizu

Kurio's normal, soft smile seemed to grow for a brief moment as their combined strikes hit home. Time seemed to slow in an instant of beautiful clarity. He could hear each beat of his heart in his ears, feel the rush of blood through his veins. Ichiro's words from their first real training session resounded in the back of Kurio's mind, "You think I don’t feel fear every time a blade comes by me? It’s… exhilarating when you learn to use it." And it was. Moreso than the rush that usually followed his training.

It was also, however, much shorter-lived.

His reaction was sluggish. He could see the massive paw coming down, but his body seemed to move just as slowly. Bones creaked in protest as the massive bear used him for a stepping stone to shoulder check Tsubame and send her flying. Kurio coughed as it stepped off him, rolling away just before being stepped on a second time. Wind knocked out of him, the genin struggled to draw in a full breath. His ribs made their complaint at the abuse clear.

Another blinding flash and deafening crack. Sharp shards of crystal flew past Kurio as the monoliths on the Akuma's back shattered. He blinked, willing his vision to return. Watching the bear closely. "Is it finally--?" The blur that was Ichiro answered his question, sending the massive creature flying away without much effort. Another brilliant blast rang out as the rest of the unstable crystals shattered.

Pushing himself to his knees, Kurio ran a small glowing orb over his ribs as Ichiro spoke. He couldn't completely patch them up, but he'd at least be able to move with less trouble. After Ichiro sat down, he finally pushed himself to his feet and shuffled over to his teammates. He offered to look over their injuries now that the battle was over and tend to them if they'd allow it. Once finished, he glanced at the symbols on the ground before sitting on the one for lightning.

Ganryu Ganryu S n o w S n o w InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Team Miho
Just outside the Kabegakure prison's front door an uneasy conclave of escapees had formed. Most of them couldn't believe their luck, the most inescapable prison in the land had suddenly began collapsing in on and itself and against all odds they had fought, clawed and wriggled their way to the outside. But now there were matters to be discussed. Where to go? Was it safer to group up or scatter? If one was to group up who could be trusted and who should be avoided?

"This is a waste of time," growled an immense, bald headed man. Marubishi the strangler, a hulking serial killer famous for strangling his victims with is bare hands.

"If we go off half cocked without a plan we'll waste this opportunity," said a skinnier man with slicked back, black hair and a pencil thin moustache, he was Konno, called the scribe of shadows for his outstanding forging abilities. "We might gain more ground initially by splitting up but hunter nin will be on us eventually and we'll be picked off one by one on our own,"

"You wanna know what I think?"

"No one wants to what you think Shuko,"

"Hey fuck you!"

"FUCK YOU!"

Immediately the meeting collapsed into squabbling and fisticuffs until a deafening boom resounded from just inside the doors of the prison.

"What the fuck was that?" somebody shouted as the prisoners heads all swivelled towards the doors. "Guards!?"

"What the... it's just an old man," said another confused voice as the dust settled, revealing Sachiko in her transformed state.

"No wait," Muttered somebody nervously. "I think that might be Nobuyuki Hanamoto,"

"Did he cause the explosion!?"

"No way," somebody else said with false bravado

"It is him!" insisted another. "It's the man who would cut the world!"

Criminals, especially career criminals are a cohort with a refined sense of survival. Criminals with a poor sense of awareness or of their chances for victory in any given situation tend not to live very long after all. So for a heart achingly long moment a tense silence reigned over the group as each and every one of the the roughly two dozen men individually analysed where their best chances of survival. Ordinarily such calculations were swift, driven chiefly by instinct but their were many unknown variables here. Was this really Nobuyuki Hanamoto? If it was would he cut them down? was he as strong as he had been in his prime or had his decades long prison stay weakened him at all? What of their side? They numbered twenty some in all and most were serious fighters in their own rank but would they be able to band together to take him down? IF any one prisoner fled on his own would he be the only survivor or the first to die?

For that long moment such calculations paralysed the convicts, but it could only ever be temporary. Any second, any instant now something or someone would snap and all of them would be thrown into action.

Ganryu Ganryu
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Hanarei Hanarei

Sachiko Kounna
-A Promise-
AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Orikanyo Orikanyo Hanarei Hanarei
1594217300393.png
*Nobuyuki's form

Sachiko-Nobuyuki walked out to the field to see a dozen ninja already fighting eachother with their bare hands. Strong, deadly, and terrifying, she actually had second thoughts, stopping in her tracks. There were so many of them gathered... Miho couldn't even help if Sachiko screwed up here. Sachiko wanted to be the useless ninja, but she didn't want to be the dead useless ninja! Waka had hit one with a pipe, but Sachiko knew how to play poker, and any one of the prisoners being weaker than her was... bad odds. What about all of them being dumber? Wasn't Sachiko being even worse.

Why can't I be more like Shio sometimes....? Crap, they ALL RECOGNIZE me. I thought I'd be someone mildly important, a hostage Miho could steal free later... I think I just chose the scariest guy in the prison. What if they see through me? EVERYONE knows him!

She continued to stay frozen in the group, hoping secretly that it could be taken as her being cold and mysterious.

Gotta do it... gotta do it... Going to die... going to die...

She gulped for a moment, having a literal moment of her life flashing before her eyes.

"Aw... but I don't want you to go, Koshirou! Why you gotta go on a long mission anyways?"

A pink little fly grappled her much larger brother, grappling him by his leg. The ninja in a hood laughed, reaching down and rubbing Sachiko's head, a trollish smile on his face.

"Now, come on Sachiko, I gotta a biiiig mission tomorrow. Gotta go prepare for it. Sides I won't be gone that long."

"Mission scroll said 3 weeks, Mr. Koseki across the street said it was probably an underestimate..."

The older ninja's eye raised.

"D-did you steal the mission scroll? How did you steal the mission scroll?"

"You hid it in a joke book."

Koshirou facepalmed. "No one else but you would look there..."

"I have good taste!"

That set both of them laughing. Then suddenly he picked her up from the ground, and put her on his shoulders, the little girl screaming a 'wee' before thorwing her hands up... then falling over backwards as he still held her legs over his shoulders. She came up just in time to hit the door frame with an 'oof'. Tears weld up, but she just held her head, and caught a hat falling off. It fit her smaller head perfectly.

Koshiro, then walked back in and called out. "I'm abducting the small annoying chewing gum!"

"I'm a cherry blossom!"

An older woman called out. "Good! Sachiko, don't mess up your hair again, dying its a pain. Don't forget your heir training later, Koshiro. You're father will blow a gasket. I can finally be rid of puns for at least a few hours with you two gone!"

Both let out the same expression: "Aw.... we getting throne away like old kings?"

An audible facepalm echoed, followed by tyranical laughter as the two turned to leave again, another 'thud' as Sachiko was brained on the same door.

--------------------------

The terrible duo changed jokes the entire way there, laughter echoing across the valley as they began to approach a forest of dead trees, a sparkling light making the area glisten. Sachiko actually managed to dodge a few trees, and it was about the time she tried to stand with tree climbing on her brother's back he exploded... literally, a small boom sending her toppling over, and onto the ground, landing more gracefully this time. He laughed as she screamed "Hey!"

"Come on squirt, we're finally here."

Sachiko looked around, the glistening lights above her making it look like little floating stars. "Wow... where is here?"

Koshiro picked one of them up, and brought it down closer to the squirt, a dark aura eminated from it, and closer look revealed a gem, leaking a miasma from its core. It was nearly pitch black. "Memorial of Tears. This was my old sensei's... Tida sensei."

Sachiko stood surprisingly reverant with a gasping 'ah...' as she tried to touch it, her hand shrinking back as it burned.

"Careful" Kishiro called out with a subdued chuckle.

"Ow. Could have told me that beforehand."

Koshiro raised an eyebrow.

"Alright... probably still would have touched it. So... what's his necklace doing here? Wait... thought you couldn't live in the village without one?"

Koshiro smiled grimly. "Its alright, he doesn't need it anymore..." He let go of it, and the gas from it started to cause it to rise again and twinkle like a star in the middle of the forest.

"Is he... I thought you got a new sensei cause he quit!? That's what you told everyone. Quote 'He'd had enough of my shennanigans, too unreliable and never helpful'."

Koshiro didn't say anything, but sat down on a tree stump, and motioned for Sachiko to sit down, and look out at the glistening forest. The village could be seen down the path in the far distance, and the miasmic well steaming in the center. He just sat there and sighed, patting Sachiko on the back. He took a minute.

"Didn't want to worry anyone. Uncle passed away and people had enough on their plate. Dad knew anyways.

You asked me why I gotta go on this mission. I'd say this is one of the reasons. Wanted to show you. Think you should understand what makes your brother tick. You're more mature than the folks realize I think. I owe the people around here alot of things. And a few other people not here. Man, I sound like an old geezer, don't I?"

"Kinda."

"Hey, squirt, promise me something."

"What? Sure. Probably? I'm not getting you out of chores again though. That's what Koji's for."

"No, no, not that. Being sentimenal here for a moment. You wanna be a ninja too, right?"

"Kinda? My chakra sucks though. And I don't have the kekkei genkai.. and it seems like a lot of work."

"Do it."

"Alright."

"But that's not the promise."

"Okay?"

"I want you to love the village as much as I do!"

"What do you mean?"

"There are a lot of people who want to help us out Sachiko. This place looks like a barren wasteland at first glance... but it's got a lot of good people in it. Help them out."

"Why can't I just have you do it?" Sachiko sat back up, leaning back on her hands behind her.

"Geez, you can't shrug off ALL your work on your brothers."

"Why not?"

"Fair point. Alright, if you can't shrug it off on your brothers, help the village out, it needs it. There's... alot I'm finding out."

Sachiko sighed, then laid back over the dry stump. "Fiiiine... whatever you cryptically mean. I'll be helpful.."

"What sort of kid says 'cryptically'?"

"A smart one!"

"What sort of kid says 'cryptically'?"

"Hey!"

Koshiro started to laugh, before flicking her on the head, a small explosion sending her sprawling. "Think I found a good one."

"Good what? Sister? You know it." Sachiko got up, before tackling and hanging off of Koshiro's back like a gremlin.

"Then quit stealing my stuff! But yeah, you're pretty alright, sis. Think you'll make a good backup."

"Back up for what...?"

"Don't'chu worry 'bout it. You got my back, right?"

"Course!"

"Hehehe. Just give it you're all. There's a lot of people only you can help. I'm trying to get to them, but man... being a ninja is such a bitch..."

"Oooh! You said a bad word!"

"I'm being serious here! 'sides, dad's not here to moan about me being a proper and all that stuff." Koshiro leaned back and grunted, Sachiko still flailing behind him. "But yeah... being a ninja's not always great. I don't WANT to be gone a few weeks. Or more. But just remember... I'm depending on ya sis."

"Got it!" She started to squeeze his neck, with Koshiro faking choking sounds from the chokehold. Finally he cross his arms, and Sachiko's eyes widened. She scrambled off as he uncrossed his arms... and nothing happened. "Huh... weren't you going to go boom?"

"We're in a freakin' Memorial!"

"Hehehe... right. But fine, I got'cha back, bro."

"One more thing."

"I mean, already chose my career for me, what else ya got?"

"Look after Koki while I'm gone."

"Pfft, you joke I'm bright. He's suuuuper smart." A moment of silence. "Fiiiine. But quit getting so grim, it's only 3 weeks, right?"

"Yeah."

Sachiko then got a mischevious smile on her face. Then she snatched Koshiro's crystal.

"Hey!"

"Quit acting like its a big deal, you can already walk to the Tsumikage's office, can't you? How 'bout this, three weeks I'll meet you by the gate, and give you it back."

This time Koshiro collapsed back. "Fiiiiiine. But you're not getting a souvenir then."

"Aw, but I like souvenirs."

Koshiro half sat back up and messed up her hair and hat. "So it's a deal. See you in three weeks, you take care of Koki and go be a ninja."

Sachiko punched him in the armpit. "Forgot the part you wanted me to be a ninja who looooves the village, and you get your crystal back!"

Both fell back. "Fiiiiiiiine." They said in unison, then started to laugh.

Sachiko-Nobuyuki took a deep breath, before walking forward to the group, and half drawing his 'sword'. He then eyed the one who had 'recognized' him as Nobuyuki. He gave him a half smile, then sheathed the blade. Sachiko-Nobuyuki didn't say anything as he walked straight through the crowd, expecting them to part for him without a world. A bold sort of confidence of someone who saw them as nothing more than flies. Deeeefinitely not what Sachiko actually thought. But she was keeping up the facade well.

I am a ninja, a kunoichi... I've got to protect my village... and my squad. Sure, I don't WANT them to depend on me. But I can't let them down either. I'll protect them all my own way, and hopefully with no one noticing me.

She stopped as she finished to the otherside. Then pulled from her ninja pouch a kunai, and tossed it lazily behind her, letting it land vertically in the ground in the middle of the group.

"You all want safety from hunter nin, right? One of you can follow me."

She didn't know why, but she didn't choose a deep intimidating voice. She saw him as more jovial from the half cocked smile she'd seen as he'd left with the strange woman. She hoped it was the right voice. Or that everyone was so scared of whoever this was they didn't bother speaking to him.

Miho can handle one, right?

Attachments

• 1594217291903.png
    1594217291903.png
    319.4 KB · Views: 0
Ryuuka Tagamatsu
"Nah between you and me Shibata is kind of uptight, I'm way more fun," Ryuuka said in response to Kiiro's dimissive attitude as she breezily swayed around the incoming stake and then dashed forwards to close the gap between them. The Inochigakure genini didn't seem like the type to wear flowers just for the aesthetic, so Ryuuka supposed they had something to do with his scent based genjutsu techniques, there had been that odd, flowery smell right before the whole thing with the pit after all, hopefully Ryuuka's assumption about holding her breath proved correct.

As soon as Ryuuka closed in on her opponent she unleashed a flurry of blows at Kiiro intended to keep him busy and probe his wooden armour for any weak points. However Ryuuka's movements seemed different from her normal taijutsu, more flowing, graceful even. Ryuuka had developed this stance after her fight with the strange, dojo busting miko, aping the dancer's flowing, beguiling movements to develop a taijutsu style that would confuse opponents and conceal her speed somewhat.

Miko Style

Okay so the name was a little on the nose, but it got the point across and more importantly when she switched back to her usual style she'd have a brief window of opportunity during which her attacks would be difficult to follow where she could strike hard. hopefully as Ryuuka probed Kiiro's defences she could find a weakpoint to strike, an eye slit or a joint or simply somewhere where his armour seemed thinner.

KageYuuki KageYuuki
IG42 IG42
Ace Cream Ace Cream

Team Ichiro
KageYuuki KageYuuki InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum S n o w S n o w

Ichiro cracked his neck as everyone took their respective places, then looked over the various injuries.

"Kurio, Tsubame, painful breathing, probably bruised ribs, or broke. Sucks, but ain't nothing going to help it. Take some painkillers. We don't see none, chew on some willow bark. What I had to do. I'll look for some on way back.

Okimi, burn marks, probably muscle spasms, maybe pulled something. RICE or whatever the hell food they call it. Just ice and put it up. Normally you lot would be out of commission a few weeks, but through the power of unnatural medical ninjutsu, I'm sure I can find someone to get you back to fighting shape by tomorrow. Trek back's going to suck though. You all can go tonight, and live through hell, or you can rest at my...acquaintance's shack and be pain longer but less intense. Whatever, don't care.

Now, I got 5 circles, and I'm damn well going to use them! If you already know them, you're going here."
He suddenly walked out of his circle, picked up Okimi, and shoved her in Wind like a sack of potatoes, then looked at Fuerey, and pointed at it to say 'stay'. the lizard could try and bite the finger, but it'd taste like steel. Also it'd feel like biting steel.

"Right, so basics of elemental ninjutsu. There are 5 basic elements. Each one is weak to another. Fire is weak to Water, which is weak to Earth, which is weak to Lightning, which is weak to Wind, which is weak to Fire.

So, master of elements, who uses one jutsu type only, what'cha going to do when I hire someone to kick your ass with water jutsu... again, and again. If you're on a mission, the gods don't care what element you're good at, they'll only care what one you're bad at...

Just look at where your sitting to figure out the pattern, it ain't hard. Least I ai'nt doing this like Kuroneko Sensei... bitch just threw jutsu at me til I figured the next part out...

Each type of ninjutsu specialist tend to have a style, which is WHY they are weak to it.

Fire user's tend to be like our favorite scaley over there. They attack with reckless abandon, and focus on attacks to burn down the opponent relentlessly. They are hard to stop and tend to do AOE damage. Their defenses suck overall, and they counter attack when hit.

Wind user's sever things. They cause a walls of chakra to grind against eachother and slash through pretty much everything. Their attack power's pretty impressive, but can get overwhelmed. What makes them annoying is their damage goes off all at once. You're either cut or your not, while if you're on fire that can take a while. So alot of sneaky ninja use it. They sneak up on and boom, all at once you're in pieces.

Lighting user's pierce. They can go through most defense, and their damage really sucks. Ain't that right, Okimi? However, they tend to charge up, few lightning users go from 0 to 100 instantly. Look for when they're not attacking, and hit then.

Earth user's reinforce. They are giant moving walls that are a pain in the ass to hit. Granted, few of them like their hearts being gripped out, hehehe. Can't half ass fighting them, ti take a lot of resources to break through, but direct it at them and they tend to go down eventually. Only human.

Water user's are a damn nightmare... They control the flow of things and tend to hit everywhere with an unrelenting steam. Know something that's a bitch about them? They need alot of chakra to make water out of thin air. So all the one's I've fought HAVE A TON of chakra. If they can't control you though, or you withstand their attack, their screwed.

Why am I bothering with this? Cause it's a little cheat that'll help you. I mean, I like a fair fight, but you gotta figure this out anyways. Ninja can use any element, but a ton of them tend to specialize.

Here's the secret. First handsign generally determines what you'll be fighting from an enemy ninja. "

Ichiro stopped to catch his breath, and took a long swig out of a canteen he'd brought, then he started to weave various handsigns.

"Tiger - Fire,
Snake - Earth.
Snake - Lightning ,
Bird - Wind,
Dog - Water,

Those are the main one's. Figure rest out on your own. But you see someone start out with one of those handsigns, you probably instantly know their style, and how they are going to wreck you. Also, you're giving away your fighting style the moment you open up with one of these and a smart ninja will exploit the hell out of you. Now, if someone's so fast you can't see what they did, just get out of there, you're outclassed, and it's not going to be a good fight."

Ichiro groaned, and sprawled out over his circle.

"Lots of talking. Boring as hell. When we get back, I'm hiring some guys to attack you all. You can figure out their elements that way. But Tsumikage told me I had to at least explain it before I did that. You all will figure out who's using what, and avoid any weaknesses.

Ugh... Whatever, you're all injured, let's go meet the client and eat. I'm freakin' starving. We'll go slowly."

Wakanaka
Team Miho

The din of his ringing ears pained him greatly, he was not used to such loud tools, explosives were not his thing, they were a terrifying tool in the right hands, but when playing with fire one is likely to get burned. Luckily, his burn was ringing ears and a mild yet acute headache. He hummed softly to recover, he wanted this job to end quickly now, whole chain of missions was a bust back to back. The ray of sunshine down from the hole however was a welcome sight, it's warm rays splitting the aura of gloom that long prevailed in this prison... He suppoused it was a good sign, but for the many prisoners it would be one as well...

Lots of evil was realeased today...

And not just from the man who lm they witnessed escape with those strange bubbles... he however had no suitable means to collect these prisoners. It would be up to the guards to recover this loss... If they weren't all dead... Clapping his cheeks with his hands he straightened his focus, thankful he didn't fall from the ceiling like a stunned beetle. First, he listened, sounds of falling stones, words from outside, birds scattering, roof seems clear of noises. Brst he move, while the coast was mostly clear and Sachiko had her plan running. Much like the aforementioned beetle, he scuttled his way out into the sunlight onto the top of the roof. Even HIS eyesight was messed with from the light, but after a few seconds and fussing with pockets he withdrew his eyeglasses and plopped them on, moving forward he couldn't get into much melee combat, so his glasses would work.

He looked down below, watching the disguised Sachiko keep the people entranced, not many words, but she used the man's reputation seamlessly. "Noboyuki Hanamoto... The man who cut the world...

Such strength to put even harden criminals in their place...

Is it wrong to envy such power...?" He questioned himself before he looked to his right. He creeped his way forwards, eyeing the edge of the building and looked over. Perfect, a hidden path, likely for guards during emergencies, this would be the way out...

Hmm...?

Looks like one of the prisoners had the same idea. Coming out from a nearby door came a heavily breathing man in scrappes clothes. He was fiddling with keys and dropped a bloody metal bar... Guess he had just met one of the guards inside... Lucky for him... Waka had the thought of dropping onto him with the bar but the man quickly had started the run down the path. Only to fall through the ground as if it wasn't even there!

A scream, then the sound of gurrlging and violence...

"Pitfalls and spikes, classic simple traps, but what isn't broke, don't fix." Waka commented as he leapt down, withdrawing his chain weapon. "Lets see... a illusion masking the traps... But thankfully, illusions don't have mass.." he tossed one end forward and dragged it back along the ground, a few steps in it fell through, the sound of metal on metal could be heard as he fished out a bear trap...

"...This may take abit..."

Hanarei Hanarei Ganryu Ganryu AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

A Fiery Conference

Ichiro scowled as he walked towards the quaint little home on the edge of the village. The scowl was normal. The business suit he wore was not. The fact it was untucked, and his tie looked like a thousand mice had a try at tying it were probably to be expected.

“Didn’t even know I had a damn suit… Tch. Well, let’s do this sensei thing…”

He knocked on the door.

“Mr or Ms. Bajirisuku, you there? It’s Ichiro, your kid’s sensei. Ichiro the Feral. Kinda don’t have a last n… you know what, Imma shut up.”

An annoyed groan could be heard from within, followed by heavy steps rapidly approaching the door. The door swung inward, and standing before Ichiro was a short woman with dark brown hair, sharp features, and a frown dirty enough to make a dragon look away. Yua Bajirisuku was not a happy woman.

“You decided to come while I was cleaning? Perfect. Absolutely perfect!” The woman rubbed her forehead with her palm. “Take off your shoes and come in. I’ll make you some tea.”

“Shoes?”

Ichiro looked down.

“Knew I was forgetting something.”

He shrugged and came in, slapping a mission folder down on the table.

“Right, I was here to discuss your daughter.”

He looked around cocking his head.

“Uh, am I supposed to do that before or after you make the tea?”

“After,” Yua stated as she shuffled through various cupboards and cabinets. The house was incredibly messy. Dirty dishes were left on the table, clothes were tossed into a pile in the corner of a room. There was an odd spill near the door that Ichiro almost stepped in, and a pair of Okimi’s dirty socks were left in said spill.

After a couple minutes, and a basic fire jutsu from Yua, a warm cup of tea was set before Ichiro. As she did, she picked up some of the dirty dishes in front of him.

Ichiro sat infront of the table, and waited… as patiently as he could. A ‘thump thump’ as his knee bounced on the ground infront of him, and his head snapping to every little sound came, but he waited until the tea was served, gulping it down, despite it’s temperature. He didn’t ask about the mess.

“Right. In any case. Here’s the mission report. I hope she’s doing better after taking that lightning strike. She takes a hit like a pro. Haha.”

He awkwardly rubbed the back of his head.

“Anyways. Performance review, wanted to give you what I think. Pretty sure you already know this. Okimi’s brash, does things her way, and uses excessive force. She doesn’t like to think things through, and is a bit too reliant on her summon. Sometimes it feels like I have two fire breathing dragons with the intelligence of a peanut on my squad.

I want her to take a more active role leading mission. ‘S too bad she doesn’t use that brain, it’s a pretty bright one.”

“Too reliant on her summon? Her summon?!” Yua’s voice began to rise. “The Bajirisuku Clan fights side by side with their dragon partner seamlessly. Okimi relies on Feurey just as much as Feurey relies on her!” Yua cleared her throat, before sitting down across the table from Ichiro.

“But yes, she is very hard headed. Don’t be afraid to knock some sense into her. She probably thinks she could beat your a- defeat you... if she really wanted to.”

Ichiro raised an eyebrow.

“You rely on your summon? I thought you controlled them. I guess I’m teaching a caretaker, not a ninja.

There’s a total of 3 people in the village could take me in a fight. I’ll… help her figure out where she stands. Hopefully one day she can though. Girl’s got stamina for days. I can’t get her tired without killing the other two. Lots of stamina means lots of chakra.”

He cracked his neck. “I think last mission probably did some of the hard knocking though. Ate a lightning bolt from an Akuma to the face.”

Yua scoffed. “I expect nothing less from her, except perhaps to not be struck in the first place.”

Ichiro’s eyebrow again raised. Then he slammed a piece of paper onto the table. It resounded in the rooms.

“Have her sign this. And… things are about to get a lot more dangerous for her.”

Atop the paper it read -Chunnin Exams-.

Yua’s eyes widened. “Y-you think she’s ready for this? It feels like she just became a genin yesterday,” she said a lot less forcefully than before.

“No. Right now she’d get everyone else killed, and then get outnumbered and killed herself. Its in two months. She’ll be ready then. She’s progressing nicely. And if I gave the Tsumikage a report starting with ‘I think’, I’d get my ass ripped op- I mean it would go poorly. If I’m saying that’s where she’ll be. That’s where she’ll be.

The fact is, she’s decisive. My squad’s missing that. Kurio’s a great kid but keeps looking other people, and the new girl, honestly my favorite, is a bit too quiet to make snap decisions. Fact is I need Okimi to be that level for the others to stand a chance. And she’ll get there. Training time’s doubled, you’ll probably not see too much of her the next two months.”

Yua nodded. “I see. If you are confident in her growth, I’ll leave her to you without worry. She knows what she’s training for…”

Taking a deep breath, Yua spoke again. “The chuunin exams… I can’t even imagine my little girl participating,” Yua stared off at a wall tapping her hand against the table. Suddenly, her gaze snapped back to Ichiro.

Yua formed a hand sign, and a small ball of flame appeared in the palm of her hand. “When two members of the Bajirisuku Clan make a promise, they clasp their hands together around a flame, burning the promise into their souls.”

Yua stuck her hand out towards Ichiro, the flame in her hand. “Promise me that Okimi will be ready in two months. Mentally and physically.”

Ichiro smiled, before taking the hand, only flinching slightly. “You got it Mrs. Bajirisuku. Like I said. I’m not allowed to say ‘I think she’ll be ready.’ Come hell or high water, she will be. Oh, and that lizard to. By the way, stealing her for some… harsh training tomorrow.”

He let go of the handsign, slightly singed. “Right. Well, there’s your report, I gotta go see the other two now. Oh, and tell Okimi to quit spying on us.”

For a split second Yua snarled again when Ichiro called Feurey and lizard, but calmed down when he mentioned Okimi spying on them.

From the front door, Okimi could be seen leaning just outside, the door cracked open. She didn’t come inside upon being discovered, instead opting to wait for Ichiro to exit her home. As soon as he stepped out she pulled the door closed.

“I was really hoping you wouldn’t ever meet her. She didn’t tell you anything ‘crazy’, did she?” Okimi asked, folding her arms and glaring.

Ichiro looked at Okimi and raised an eyebrow. “Which crazy thing are you looking for, there was a list.”

Okimi’s mouth quivered, then she cleared her throat. “A-and you’re not mad? You’re ok with my reason for becoming a ninja?”.”

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Ichiro said a little dumb founded this was working. Okimi definitely had an on button for her intelligence. An on button that was generally welded shut and rusted over. And Ichiro was Ichiro. That was saying something.

A smile stretched across Okimi’s face. “Really!? You’re the best!” Okimi stepped forward, about to give Ichiro a hug before catching herself. She cleared her throat and ran her hand through her hair.

“Hanegakure won’t know what hit them! See ya tomorrow sensei!” With a skip in her step Okimi opened her front door and hopped inside. A smirk spread across her face as she leaned back against the door.

Shibata Yamamoto
Watching the scale-like pattern on Yoshiro's skin expand Shibata watched with interest as his opponent moved sinuously between his blows without even needing to open his eyes. Despite his curiosity he was still surprised when a blow came straight at him, summoning a momentary spinning shield to deflect the first strike one of his clones reformed it's blade into a heavier club shape with another attached to it's other arm and attacked with a sacrificial flurry to cover him as he fell back a short distance.

Getting a moment to breathe while his clone inevitably got smashed to bits he tried to decipher if Yoshiro was using a form of beast imitation or perhaps he was even capable of using senjutsu. While he wouldn't let himself be goaded into recklessness he did agree it was a good time to get down to business properly. "As you wish. Crystal Release: Crystal Needles!" Forming a modest swarm of slender crystals he held off on launching them immediately and instead raised his hands spreading out his chakra to surround each one. "Now let us really test the limits of your evasion." With a sweeping arm motion the floating spears shot towards their target, where they missed and embedded in the ground they promptly pulled loose and reformed as a group in the air for another barrage. In the midst of the needles one of the remaining clones continued to harass Yoshiro looking for an opportunity to land a knockout blow with the blade on it's arm which had changed to more resemble a club while the other clone hung back to cover the original.

KageYuuki KageYuuki

xwVPfG9.png
Shioreta Koino

Shioreta followed a short distance behind Waka not saying too much herself. It seemed pointless to speak up, let him act on his own volition. The outside light felt rather harsh on her pale skin, as if it was attempting to cook her alive. Nothing really knew for her, just another rather uncomfortable thing with her frail little body to remind her she was alive and far from the worst thing. She followed along keeping a look out not quite fully comfortable letting Waka lead, but he seemed so dead set on it so she wasn't going to stop him. If he really wanted to stumble into danger and catch any traps to make it easier for her to avoid it after she wasn't going to complain. Might as well continue with the 'support her teammates' angle she had with Sachiko. She was a little taken back by Waka speaking to himself, her finger gently tapping against her chin in thought.

Maybe he finally cracked? Is he trying to talk to me just so blind he doesn't realize I'm not right beside him? Nah.... seems far more likely he might just have a screw or two loose. To be fair I do talk to myself sometimes when I'm tinkering with my puppets or experimenting with some ideas. Maybe instead for him he likes to get all philosophical... just instead of asking deep meaningful questions he just asks very obvious things thinking its deep?

Shioreta shrugged to herself deciding to not dwell much more on it only briefly glancing overt to see Sachiko's scheme unfolding before moving to follow who she saw was probably a bit more at risk. Sure enough it didn't take long before Waka managed to find something. She approached hearing the sound of the man screaming before peeking her own head over. She looked to Waka as he spoke seeming to just listen in without any comments back as he leapt down. She followed, jumping down and landing though cringing a little bit at the landing upon her frail legs. Not the most comfortable feeling jumping down as far as she did. It seemed a bit risky, even if it seemed to be access for the guards only it could easily of been a false path meant for the purpose of a jailbreak to act to lure prisoners into certain doom. Sure enough she got to see much more directly as Waka tested the grounds using his chain. She tilted her head a bit to the side.

Well, he is thinking a bit more. That's good! Not just charging in! Though... this might take forever. I suppose... I could provide a little support. The guards likely have a system in place to navigate this area and avoid accidents... but hey as silly as brute force usually is its not as horrible as it usually could be now, particularly if I improve it a teeny tiny little bit.

"Ah! That's a great idea, I didn't even think about doing that to check!" She lied with a bright smile on her face putting on a very innocent front. All for the sake of being supportive of her team!

"Hmm.. I mean its a little slow... but what if I send Hageshi in first? I can make it move in a way to sweep the ground and feel if there is a hidden pit or switch or other device on the ground and do so a bit faster. Do you think it would work with your idea?" She spoke out as if trying to word it in a way as if to give Wakanaka more credit for the idea despite pitching it herself and trying to build off of his idea. She lifted her hands out the chakra strings forming as they connected to her puppet making a eerie cracking noises as the puppet was released snapping and jolting to lift before moving forward prepared to go with what she tossed in, the puppet already reaching the pit he had found the puppet reaching its limbs out touching upon the illusion of which Shio quickly felt with the strangs extending the legs and pivoting the joints in order to more fully scan the hole in order to better figure where it was and what the safe area was. There were more contingencies she had in mind, but she didn't want to put to many extras in and further risk stealing Waka's spotlight. Supportive teammate yes!

Mentioned: Orikanyo Orikanyo AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Ganryu Ganryu

Aya

Aya's smaller eyes twitched as she observed all of her opponent's movement. The dog behaved strangely but it didn't pose any threat for now so she ignored the dog as it dived into the tall grass and focused on the senbons thrown at her. Aya didn't do anything as the senbon threaten to hit her, and then she poofed into smoke as the senbons hit a log instead.

Substitution no jutsu. A common basic technique that was required to graduate from the academy. While she wasn't that strong compared to her fellow genins, Aya's agility allows her to use certain technique more effectively. She used the brief moment provided by the jutsu to reappear behind Kohaku's back with a wooden kunai on her hand.

"I don't play, we're on a time limit." Aya whispered into Kohaku's ear.

Aya intentionally drawn her opponent's attention towards herself because her real attack wasn't the kunai. She's now only wears her regular tank top and shorts while her kimono was still suspended on the previous place where it was struck with the senbons. Several barely visible thread were connecting her hands to the kimono and with a flick from her left hand, Aya commanded it to flew towards her. If Kohaku was caught by the kimono she would be immediately binded by the fabric and additional adhesive strings made by the spiders nesting inside the clothes, but if she didn't then Aya would simply retrieve and wears back her kimono.

KageYuuki KageYuuki IG42 IG42 AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back