• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
The Marketplace

"I live in accordance with nature's laws," said Chizugami, his eyes narrowing coldly "Longevity and abundance are natural consequences of harmony, not that an abomination like you would understand that principle. Enough! I grow weary of this charade, turn to dust and cease polluting this world!" Chizugami widened and lowered his stance, as if bracing for something and raised one hand, pointing it at Okimi. THere were no hand signals or glowing energy, but there was a subtle distortion effect within the palm of the old man's han d, as if something invisible there was gathering and disturbing the air. Then Chizugami unleashed his technique, there was no sight or sound to it except a gentle hiss of air being displaced, but if Okimi stayed in the path of where Chizugami was pointing she would feel a warm, foreign energy flow through that part of her body and her muscles begin to stiffen and loose feeling has her body was slowly turned to stone! Chizugami was able to move his hand about to direct the flow of the energy to follow Okimi if she tried to dodge. However it was obvious this mysterious technique was draining as beads of sweat began to form on the old man's face and his expresion became a focused grimace.

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Last edited:
Shioreta Koino
5kd18D6.jpg

Shioreta sat quietly back, her hand lifting up to adjust her glasses keeping silent. Keeping herself hidden away now for some time now. Sure, she had thought of helping Sachiko and perhaps Shibata if she had a chance, though observation seemed to be more beneficial, using the two as Guinea pigs against the mysterious Yuma. The techniques all seeming to emulate gravity though it was clearly that, emulation. There was no doubt in her mind he was utilizing wind. No matter how skilled his use of wind could be, air was still restrained to the very laws of physics. So long as she could adjust for its direction and speed, they could counteract its effects, even as strong as it seemed to be.

The chuunin glanced forward catching her chance as it seemed their attention head been fixated primarily upon Shibata. His little crystal needles actually giving her a bit further aid to judge the wind and the adjustments she needed to make. Staying hidden the puppet Nakawaka sprung out from another section, careful to not give her exact position as its giant clubbed arm was aimed downward where it was elevated partially above the ground. The arm was fired off, the pressure causing it to fly outward as the chain unraveled firing the club downward. Using the location of the Windhammer as a guide to better estimate where he actually was. An estimation but one she was certain would at the very least was certain to prompt a reaction that might ideally throw him off. As the club flew forward the wind itself began to manipulate it, the heavy projectile starting to curve its path away from the ground it had been aimed at instead lifting up more to the air.

The relatively small frame of what appeared to be a cloaked Shioreta finally coming out sticking away from the streets using as much cover as she could. The smaller dog puppet following suit sticking a short distance away. The cloaked figure's head turning towards Shibata as if speaking to the crystal using shinobi.

"You can create the sturdy crystal walls right? If you can create sturdy curved walls you can greatly dissipate the power of his wind attacks and help redirect it. The less flat the area can be, the more difficult it will be to manipulate and control his larger wind jutsu."

Ganryu Ganryu IG42 IG42

Journals of the First Tsumikage - Takeda Shimizu

Year: 78

Toshiro's mad, he's insane, and worst of all he's right. I always thought the fires of Jingakure were natural. A coal fire can burn for thousands of years, so what's so strange about finding one? The village isn't even that old, but Toshiro kept telling me he could see chakra in the smoke. I guess that's why he's the clan head, even if he's mad as a hatter.

He sent us down, down to the depths of the fires. It took every ninja skill and fire resistance we had. Surviving the Bajirisuku's flame would have been more pleasant, but we found something ancient in the mine. And manmade. A room, of pleasant temperature, carved with seal after seal. In the middle, I saw that thing. That nightmare. In all my years of being a jinchuriki, I've never seen a beast like it. Magma poured from it like a fountain, and one glance of it immolated Katsu instantly. It was chained, but the power was terrifying.

Toshiro says we base our village here to draw on its chakra, that it makes ninja stronger. In times of conflict, we are drawn to living in these places to increase our chakra. He's pointed to several times when Jingakure's been inhabited in the past. And with the war that killed half the land, it's hardly difficult to say it's a time of conflict.

I hate how he saw chakra in the smoke, laughed, and instantly declared an eldritch abomination nearby. And he was right.

---------

Toshiro sent me back a few times to observe that nightmare. I've noticed something, when I match my chakra to its, the beast within me responds as well, letting me control Kagutsuchi better. I've already surpassed much of the clan as a Jinchuriki this way. It... it may sound insane, but I think that nightmare below might be the original Akuma. Like ORIGINAL original. The pulses of chakra are like musical notes, and I've noticed varying effects.

I don't dare tell the rest of the clan, but I've also noticed that certain frequencies make the Akuma go mad, I've got the feeling that I could control all Akuma this way.

----------

Year 79

I was wrong. Eight months in hospital tells me not ALL akuma respond to the song. Seems like only fire akuma. Which means there are 4 other notes to this little song. Still, if the other vaults are as difficult to find as this one was, I don't think I'll ever have complete control.

-----------

Jinkage's cracking down, and telling us to prepare for war with Inochigakure. Toshiro argued with him, and was slapped for it. In front of the whole village. It's... seeming more like a civil war, and less like war against another country. If I'm going to learn anything about the other countries, I need to go now. I met with Toshiro, and he gave me his blessing. I asked him not to start anything. I'm... not optimistic.

-----------

Year 80

Hanegakure is onto me snooping, how can they hide such a huge vault when most of their country is flying? I can sense the chakra in the winds, this is an originator's doing, but where could he be?

What's worse, the Bajirisuku are searching for me. Damn dragon fuckers. You’d think it’d chaft.

----------

I ran into an unexpected ally. A cute little kitty ran in front of me, and kept meowing for me to follow, despite three different patrols following me. I figured why not, I've seen weirder, and so I followed, straight into the vault of the Sky Originator. He was not a fan of my presence. I could hear the words, they rushed through my head like a hurricane, screaming 'why did you fail us?'. Sadly, the cat did not survive... But I did, and I think I've managed to harmonize with this one's chakra.

----------

A wild akuma attacking the Bajirisuku clan says I can now resonate with Wind. What's better is I hear he has no clear successor. They were already fighting each other when I left. That clan won’t last a decade.

---------------

Yesterday, I was struck by lightning. I can still taste pennies. I think I’ll take Arashigakure later.

----------------

Year 85
Arashigakure had caught me, I was forced into Inochigakure territory. I should have stayed in Hanegakure. Their summons are manageable. The twelve ninja I fought last week… It wasn’t even comparable.

It’s not the kunai that I fear of Inochigakure. It’s their senjutsu. I nearly died. Yet, that’s far better than what I did do. As I was attacked, I tried to summon a wild Akuma. And I did. A large roc, the size I have never known before, came from the skies, and I thought it would terrorize the face of the almighty himself. I was wrong.

It was target practice for the one with a staff and senjutsu, he turned half of it to stone and shattered it, wounding the poor beast terribly. I ran into a sage that I could not harm. I even let Kagutsuchi run wild, and yet soon I was bleeding on the ground. I-I couldn’t think what else I could do.

I remembered a few notes that could drive an Akuma mad. I sang a song with my chakra. A song I never should have. It was the first time I’d ever sang a Song of Rage.

It was premature, incomplete, and wholly unrefined. I am the only survivor. Not even the land survived. From the mountains of Jingakure to the plains of Hanegakure, there is nothing. There once was a forest here. There is wasteland.

And this technique was incomplete. The poor roc gave its life. A being of pure chakra, the song forced it to convert its chakra to something unholy. And that was unmolded. I-if I molded it…

I watched it writhe as its body came undone. I watched flesh become flame, bone become a shockwave.

I’ve never been afraid like this before. I’m tempted to go home, to never tell a soul of what happened.

---------------
I told Toshiro what happened. I was still in shock, and yet, he seemed pleased, intrigued. He for the first time pulled rank of clan head on me. Asked me if that’s how I had gotten so strong as to surpass him.

I just didn’t have it in me to lie. I told him yes. I told him everything I had done the last few years. He bade I teach him. I… I taught him a little, the foundations of it. I told him never to try the one song, the Song of Rage. I made him swear a blood oath over it. I made him swear he would not even speak of it.

He told me my journey wasn’t done, and bid me on my way.

----------------

Year 88

I ran into an old friend today. A jellicent friend, who taught me the paths and currents. I think I needed his help, though I had thought the cat had died. He seems… interested in my journey, staring at me with those strange, strange eyes. I swear he knows what I’m thinking. What are the odds to run into him halfway across the world?

As I met and found the Waves Originator, I noticed something about his hum. There was meaning in every note. Soon, I matched his melody, and learned the ways of the water akuma. As I left the vault, I found myself singing the song he had sung, and had found the waves around me responded. Several akuma gathered around me, and they seemed to want nothing more than to sing.

I began to realize there’s more to these beasts than destruction and war. They seem so intune with nature, so harmonious. I think… I think they are part of the world. The world itself. Chakra is vitality, chakra is life. The world, the world is alive, and so these ribbons of life manifest.

It made me smile. Toshiro was right, I needed this journey.

---------------

Year 90

I’m hearing strange reports of Inochigakure shrinking. For some reason, I have an uneasiness in my stomach about it. They are my current enemy, yet I feel I must check it out.

As could be expected, I was attacked on sight in the borders, and I called for akuma to help. Instead of fighting, however, they led me peacefully away, to a grove full of flowers where a fox and a young woman with a pleasant smile met me. They let me stay the night, and it was… certainly interesting.

The fox gave me a flower, calling me unique, but was quite disappointed it merely turned red, saying he had thousands of those. The woman, a wonderful Ms Aka Tamiyo, laughed at the fox and said just because it was common didn’t make it any less special. She asked if I could help with a problem she was having. I, lost in enemy territory, decided it wasn’t the worst idea to accommodate my host.

She said she had been trying to push back an evil chakra in the air, but couldn’t. Could I look at it? Seemed strange, but I decided to follow her to see what she was talking about.

My heart blanched. The same barrenness I had caused to the West of Hanegakure was found everywhere here. A thick miasma, sickening and deadly, cursed the land.

Aka seemed to be able to dissipate it with some strange jutsu. I do not know how, but even she had her limits. It's… It’s like the Song of Rage had been used. The fox was worried and told her to head back to the garden. Talking to him, it seemed she had been trying to dispel the miasma for a month. And it wasn’t the first wasteland in Inochigakure.

I fear Toshiro has done something stupid, but I feel I’m so close to learning something important.

-----------

Year 91

I have made it to Nendogakure. The land here seems… so much livelier than other villages. Actively I can watch mountains rise by dawn, and valleys fall by dusk. I may have gotten lost a few times. Thankfully, I've made a few friends, a clan of Crystal Release bearers guided me through the lands, and have begun to travel with me. They are great craftsmen, and I must appreciate their power and skill with the arts.

The land here seems healthier, but something was strange. The place seemed far too happy. The akuma I communicated with were hardly feral, and needed little persuasion. They seemed ignorant of conflict almost.

I almost cried, and don’t know why. I even was directed to a vault by an akuma of all things. Said he knew exactly what I was talking about. As I approached it, I found it empty. No nightmare inside. Yet… I felt the hum in the earth itself. I believe without having ever met the Mountain Originator I understand his song. I’m so close to understanding this world. Arashigakure beacons, but… I feel a strange pang in my heart. Calling me back home.

Perhaps it is the rumors of the peace treaty between Inochigakure and Jingakure. I do not trust it, it seems more like a vassal state declaration than a true peace treaty.

---------

Year 93

Something is wrong with the Yoshida clan. Toshiro refuses to see me, and insists all refer to him as Lord Yoshida. Whenever I try to speak to the clan, they look guilty about something, and refuse to tell me.

In the end Toshiro tried to throw me out! Me! I would not stand for it. I may have lost my temper, and shown what it is that makes me the strongest in the clan as I rent the compound a twain. And hardly a metaphor, several Oni would envy what I did with every second floor.

In the end “Lord Yoshida” confessed, he’d been using the Song of Rage, sacrificing clansmen, just to win some stupid war!!!

I will be a Yoshida no longer. Perhaps it will reflect badly, but I changed my name to Takeda Shimizu. What surprised me, however, was how many of the clan decided they wanted to leave with me. I had planned to continue my journey, but perhaps I can settle down for a bit. Arashigakure is going nowhere. And tension between their village and ours is boiling at the moment.

Still, even as a clan head, many of my clan mates won’t look me in the eye. I refuse to pry, but I have a feeling I know what happened. The guilt with the Song of Rage is terrible. Still, perhaps they can learn a way of peace. I feel as if I have after all these years. My brother, Kenshin, seems keen to take up my ways, and I feel little guilt in showing him all I know. Still, it seems as if he doesn’t have a talent for the songs. Pity.

-------------------------

Year 97

Toshiro's mad, he's insane, and worst of all he's wrong.

A village council was declared this morning. While I abhor them, this one the Jinkage insisted was necessary. I expected some new war. Instead, madness. Toshiro presented a plan to preemptively destroy Arashigakure before tensions can worsen. And in a way that I KNOW would work.

In front of the council, he revealed the secret of the Song of Rage. He even smiled to me as he not only broke his blood oath, but shattered it. Not only does he wish to use the Song of Rage, he wishes to use the Flame Originator to do so! That would… I’m not even sure half the world would be safe if he did so. If it would even be livable. If the children of the originator would survive. It’s… It’s unthinkable. I protested…. And was banned from all future council meetings. The Lord Jinkage tried to declare me a traitor, but he knows that no one in the village could harm me if I so deign it.

Of all the clans gathered, only one sided with the Shimizu. I was surprised to find new friends in the Kounna clan. I had misjudged them for their kekkei genkai, but despite it, they don't seem to wish for war. I welcome them to join with the Shimizu whenever they desire.

Three assassins left this world today. On fire. I am NOT to be trifled with. I decided the Jinkage could use a few decorations for his office, though it is likely not appreciated to see three corpses hurled through the office window. Oddly, no one has spoken to me about the act.

Year 99

I… have sinned. The plan to release the Flame Originator was to proceed. Ninja were sent to break its seal, the Lord Jinkage himself saying he could shatter the chains. I… I had no choice. I killed them. I killed them all. Everyone present. My clan and myself, we killed Lord Yoshida, Lord Jinkage, and most of the clan heads. One had escaped. I may be powerful, but I cannot face an entire village, and I fear for my clan’s retribution. I told them to flee.

We run and hope to join Arashigakure, we hope they will have us. Several of our friends travel with us.

---------------------

We’ve been surrounded. My presence keeps the enemies at bay, as three armies stand against our small clan, apparently frightened by our power. To the South, Hanegakure has cut off our exit. To the North, Jingakure is pressing us. To the West, Inochigakure.

How fitting that we should be in the valley that I had first discovered the Song of Rage. I… I think I must sin once more. I have told Kenshin to put every single barrier he knows up. While he has no talent for my songs, I must admit, his seals make me jealous. I am unable to create a Jinchuriki, but he can do so without cost, almost. His seals will keep our people safe, and I will destroy these armies.

A final song I suppose. It may cost me my life, but I don’t wish to see my clan die. Perhaps it is selfish of me. I call it a sin, knowing that this is not what Akuma are to be used for. They don’t have to destroy. And what I will do is nothing but destruction incarnate. Not only the people, but the land itself will die before me. If the miasma still fogs the area from an incomplete Song of Rage… what shall happen if I shall give it my all? If I shall intentionally use my own akuma sealed within me as the source. What will happen to the land itself?

Kagutsuchi has agreed to such a sacrifice.

This, this is the final great truth I betray, this, this is my sin. Akuma are not weapons. Those Originators were sealed out of fear, and nothing more. I saw Nendogakure with my own eyes. We don’t have to seal away their power, they are the land itself. The land may occasionally destroy, but so much more often it gifts us a great bounty. So it is with the Akuma. They can change a landscape, but only when the land is in trouble do they become violent. Their alterations to the world itself are merely their instincts, and hardly destructive.

I… I only regret that I did not understand the Song of Lightning. I have a great feeling if I had done so, I could have understood the akuma… a little bit better.

Goodbye to this world. Now is not the time for regret though. I have other duties...

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

----------------------
First Tsumikage was similar to the Sage of Six paths. Became incredibly powerful and could control Akuma. He doesn't think they were evil. He travelled around the world, meeting various sealed Akuma. Each major village is found on the site of an 'originator' akuma, one of the oldest, and strongest, generally sealed away.

Used to be part of Jingakure (Hidden Embers). Invented a way to turn an akuma into a nuke, Jinkage wanted to use this to destroy another country off the face of the map. The Tsumikage violently disagreed, and was forced to flee after killing the kage.

His clan, and friends were surrounded, and he did one final explosion, creating Tsumigakure as it is today in the fallout, sacrificing himself to destroy several armies.

Wakanaka

The young man let out a breath, one he had been holding in for some time. Not so much since the start but somewhere, he couldn't help but hold it... Akuma... Weren't monsters? And this man, this... Man was the first Tsumikage... Not only did he learn this song but he made the well they very much stand atop of.

The crystals make sense now as well...

Akuma were just part of nature, not against it, corrupted not by nature but by the deeds and chaos wrought by people...

And now...

Now he knew this.

He knew this and had no true clue what to do... Inoichi was still a bunch of bastards in the end... But... This song... It was very powerful...

Powerful, but incomplete....

...What if it was comepleted...?

...Should... Should he...? No many must've tried before, its probably why they seale this book away...

But...

What if he...

He suddenly was breathless once more, as a revelation came over him, a connection that clicked, a painful memory that made his hand reach for his horn, drifting to the other... The day he woke up like this... That man... Those people... Were they a part of this?

...The unsealing of that thunderous akuma, the sudden attack by Inoichi, their presence and taking the Yuukionna...

Alot weren't fully there, but... If this was here, and they were watching Inoichi like that...

Whos to say they...

Aren't...

Right...

Now...

Wakanaka's eyes narrowed, eyes coming back to the present. The information here... The vault breeched, the way clear. They wouldn't be able to stop them, he was branded by that man gods knew what it did but he felt it in the back of his mind like a leash he had forgotten is even there....

"Akane, we need to be rid of this, now." A large hand moving to grasp the pages of the book, aiming to.. Rip them straight from the binding! No matter the cost this cannot enter their hands!

Last edited:
Akane Kabenari
"I don't think that's a good idea," Akane said urgently, grabbing Waka by the wrist. "This entry here mentions that one of the assassins escaped, I think this information is already out there. I know it's dangerous but it might also have answers we need. Bishamonten have been working towards something for years now and this journal is the first clue we've gotten towards what it might be, besides, there are genjutsu and other techniques that could extract this information from us in a worst case scenario, unless we're both willing to die here after we've destroyed this thing there's no guarantee we can keep this information contained. "I still think we should do what I suggested

Akane used her free hand to retrieve some shurikens from her ninja pouch and offered them to Waka. "Push these through the cover for me so the blades are pointing out, if I stay here and keep the journal with me all I have to do is fall on it and my blood will dissolve it. Meanwhile you go and find a Shimizu, the Kage if possible, whoever you can find if not,"

Akane locked eyes with Waka, her pale, lavender eyes burning with a rare intensity. "Look at me Waka. I won't let this book fall into the hands of anyone who might use it to hurt my family, I will kill or die to stop that, whichever is necessary but I think this information should be preserved if its possible to keep it out of the wrong hands. What the first Tsumikage discovered here about the akuma, it's the key to all of this, I can feel it,"

Orikanyo Orikanyo
Ganryu Ganryu

Wakanaka

"You..." he pauses befote he asks that question, glancing at his hand, currently held by the wrist... He pauses, and thinks... He withdraws his hand, but lays it in hers. "No one dies over this... No... Not even you for this... Thinking about this man, the first Kage... He wouldn't want that... Old bastard shoulda just burnt it all up but...

Maybe he wanted somebody to comeplete it. For good, not some idiot's dream of rulein the world... If the village had this hidden away, they knew this shit, and decided to not do anything with it..." he pauses, letting go of Akane's hand.

"...Maybe..." he paused once more, scratching behind his horned head. "...I'm practically an Akuma Akane, I know you share a feeling on that shit. But this is one of the first damn things i've found that actually doesn't straight call me a fucken monster.

Its been a few ears, and I know folk folks got stuff they were born with... But... I've been feelung so damn shitty, each day like I just wana break somethin'... But now i'm told theres a reason, that my people, that I never knew I had, that are called monsters were made so cause of the world being fucked?

Maybe we can save it? You know, so we... Don't get stared at like freaks anymore? If that song, breaks things with it's unfinished discord... What happens if it's done all the way?

The guy went along through all that, got the notes peacefully... Became friends with so many Akuma of all things. What if we fix the song Akane? I..."

He shuffles on his feet, as if his own mind was straining to keep the coherent thought.

"The... The village wont do it, they already would have if they could have. The... People you mentioned, I can't say their name... Long story... If they want it, its to ruin shit. But if we force peace first...

Cancel out their discordant shit..." His foot was stamping a even rumble on the floor now. "Kurio, hes.. Hes got alotta controll... Better than me... If I do this it'd go insane from the get go... I don't know you too much Akane but maybe you could? But... you wana keep yer family safe right? They'd go after them...

Sachiko... I don't wana force this on her...

Ugh...

WHY'D THIS HAVE TO BE SO HARD!?!?!?

FUCKEN... I'm half ready to just go raid Inoichi lands for this siege!!! Now this!?!? THIS!?!?!?

Why fucken now!?"

Ganryu Ganryu

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Okimi Bajirisuku

This time, Okimi knew to dodge. His strikes obviously had some of extra range she couldnt see. She didn’t know how far that range was so it was best to just play it safe and assume he had a lot of range. Hell, if he didn’t have range he wouldn’t waste time at a distance, he would’ve kept the pressure on otherwise.
Sprinting to her right yet towards Chizugami, Okimi began forming handsigns. She noticed him retaining his stance and moving his arm towards her as she ran. Was that another way he could turn people to stone?

Shadow Clone Jutsu

Okimi split into three, one of her clones hopping over the beam to the other side so it could take a straight path towards Chizugami, looking to strike him itself. Her second clone went straight up in the air, forming a swift series of her own before a ball of fire was sent spinning towards Chizugami. Okimi herself continued on her path avoiding the beam.

Meanwhile, Feurey had just made it back to Okimi’s home. Yua was standing outside. “Is she ok?” Yua asked Feurey, seeing the child. Feurey nodded, handing them off to Yua, who took them into her arms and held them tightly. She turned towards the door, opening it. But before she stepped inside she turned to Feurey.

“Go make sure Okimi doesn’t get herself killed,” Yua said, but by the time she had turned, Feurey had already gone, a patch of scorched earth left in his place.

1636684987603.png
(Hey! For those who want to still be in, we're starting back up! Let me know if you're still interested!
KageYuuki KageYuuki Hanarei Hanarei Orikanyo Orikanyo AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy IG42 IG42 InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum RoninN7 RoninN7 Spiderverse Spiderverse )

From the distance, fires and explosions could be seen rising from Tsumigakure. Standing at the edge of the crater, a young ninja with spiked white hair laughed wildly, fang like teeth showing. His headband read 'Inochigakure', with the symbol of a tree. Smoked drifted past him and one other with a strong gust, the scent of ash and a sickly-sweet scent of burnt meat carried with it.

"That's what you get! Hahahaha! Poisoning our well, how did you think we'd take it?! Bet this entire thing will be reduced to ash by the time we finish with it."

A staff suddenly bonked the young man in the head, causing him to curse, and barely catch himself from falling down a sheer cliff leading to the village. An older man sitting by the ledge stood, his entire body covered in black robes, a single slit for his eyes showing. What little could be seen of his skin showed lizard like scales, and frankly draconic eyes.

"Quiet Yukimura. This is why you didn't get a stolen crystal to join the attack force."

"Oi, geezer, the fuck? And what'chu mean this is why I didn't get a crystal? I'm stronger than any of the idiots in there!"

"Yes... but you don't see what's going on...? Look carefully, either you or I will be the next Inochikage, and I'd prefer it the one with brains took it. Calm down. Tell me what you see."

"Lots of fire...? Blasts are going around the village. I saw Mitsuhide detonate the Fuujin clan's payload. Boom!" The man made jazz hands as he stated it, bursting into laughter immediately after.

The dragon like eyes narrowed more into slits. "Mitsuhide's dead. His blast killed a few dozen, and he had by far the most impact of anyone so far."

"Huh? Few dozen? Blast that big? You're kidding me. And Mitsuhide's a monster! What about Sato, Ito, Kitagawa? I can see the Wood Release: Yggrdasil from here." The wild man points to an expansive tree growing in the middle of the village, monstrous roots plunging through buildings, and large fruits falling below before detonating like bombs. All he got a was a headshake from the elder man.

"Area's mostly evacuated... except for one clan compound. The Yamamoto's Azure Star is back... Our intel was bad. Sato and Kitagawa are already dead. Ito's struggling to maintain control of 3 sage's chakra."

Below, sheets of glass glistened, rising against the bomb fruits. As it detonated, the glass shattered, before millions of sheets started to cut through the root system of the tree, a groan heard as sections of the tree withered. A branch dove back towards the complex, but the shattered crystal shards embedded in the roots began to swarm against it, smothering it til it ground to a halt mid sweep. In a moment, it shattered into a rain of glass, glistening like rain in the air.

The wild man just shook his head. "Damnit! And Yuma's fucking around, I can't even see his real body. Did he even send it!? Bah, man would be a contender like us for next Inochikage if he cared. What was this all for then? Looks like a bloody failure on every count. This is the part where you say not quite, and make me feel like an idiot. Tch."

The robes stretched, hiding a smile. "Not quite. You notice Ema's chakra...?"

"Ema, we don't have anyone name- ooooh! Tsumikage. No. No I don't. That's... strange? Someone off her?"

"Not quite." The phrase elicited a groan. "But, somewhere down there, she can't fight. The reason doesn’t matter. Secrets that have stirred her? Medical condition... Out of the village and replaced with a dopple? Defeated somehow? All of them are incredibly good news. Only one thing does concern me."

"Other than our dead jonin? Cause that kiiiinda concerns me. We don't got a lot of those. Let me guess. Bishamonten...? Them giving us these Tsumi crystals was nice and all, but a group of S-ranked missing nin doesn't exactly do 'nice'. What do you think they wanted?"

"What does everyone want out of Tsumi? We certainly didn't find it."

"...So it was a complete failure."

The robed man sighed. "...Quite."

“So, if we lost, and they lost, who won…?”

==============================================

Above the village, a single brightly colored bird could be seen, red feathers with brilliant multi colored wings, circling in a figure eight as sparkling feathers dropped in its path. It only seemed to regrow them.

Around the fighting, Inochi nin began to suddenly disengage mid battle, kunai clashing before they lept towards the feathers. In a sudden gust of wind, they were shot backwards, many of them springing across buildings as they began to make their retreat.

A bloody and muscular hand with rugged fingernails grabbed at the pants leg of one of the fleeing nin. “Oh no you fucking don’t!” A scream resounded as Ichiro stood panting, his hand currently stuck mid chest cavity in an enemy nin. He yanked it back, broken rib bursting out like a dropped clay pot, a beating heart exploding in his grasp. He panted, looking up at the parrot in the sky. “Damn… dammit… They’re getting away. Tch. CAT! I know you’re around here.”

A faint ‘meow’ could be heard as a black panther sized cat stood, completely unfazed, atop a mostly demolished building.

Ichiro continued. “You, get your ‘tails’, and gather me everyone you can. Especially my squad, the Gremlins, squad Hayate.”

“And… why would I do that? You’d have to bribe me to nyeed one of me, let alone at least 3 tails.”

“Because. I read runt’s report. You keep getting to the other villages by going through those tunnels, don’t you?”

The cat’s eyes widened, and it hissed. “Maybe, but that’s LESS reason for me to help you with you knowing my little secret”

“If the enemy’s here because of why I think they’re here, those tunnels are about to get flooded. What would happen if all your tails died at once…?”

Kyubei snarled. “This is why I hate you humans. We Akuma simply are. The world won’t end with us around, we ARE the world. Fine, it’s done. What do you want me to tell them.”

“We’re hauling ass to Nendogakure (Hidden Clay Village). Everyone.”

“Do you even have permission to order that?”

“Doesn’t matter, Ema’s out right now. We got to go. NOW! This entire village is a powder keg.”

From the center of the village, the pool of misma began to shake and mist, condensing into 8 panther forms, and began to sprint off across the village.

An annoyed hum began to resound around the village.
----------------------------------

As Waka and Akane discussed the book, a black shadow leapt down the broken shaft into the library, a black cat descending. It sighed. “About to lose a tail for nyothing… Oni-boy, Ichiro says we’re, quote, ‘hauling ass to Nendo’. Also, Kurio’s under a pile of rubble in his room. Don’t know if he’s alive, but I’m quite fond of him. He’s yet to be a spoil sport about things like ‘dropping a city out the sky’. So hypocritical...”

A wind blew, and the pair of singed boots tipped over, ash spilling out of them.
-------------------------------------

As Sachiko, Shibata, Shio, made their alliterative stance, the parrot feather would cause the nin they were fighting to look up, before beginning to pull back, leaping away and away, his eyes locked on the group as he leapt across building after building.

“Smart plan… would have worked, probably for the best I retreat, I believe I'm outmatched.” He commented. “You escape judgement for today…” His eyes locked onto Shioreta. “But... I’ll remember you.”

Shortly afterwards, a black cat seemed to apparate out the ground, forming out of mist and half forming as it appeared. “Orders. Not that I knyow any of you. Ichiro is requesting everyone meet at south gate. Quote, and uncouth as he is. “We’re hauling ass to Nendo. Everyone.” “ The cat made a decent imitation of the man. Too bad none of the three knew Ichiro.
--------------------------------------

{Okimi place holder, Atl wants to finish the fight}

Nearby a voice sounded, a black cat made of mist, barely formed speaking.

“Miss… whatever your name is. On the tip of my tongue, but I’ve got my own tongue it seems. Your sensei, Ichiro is requesting all nin gather at south check point. It’s urgent. Quote, ugh, if I have to repeat this much more, I’ll have a kitteniption. ‘We’re hauling ass to Nendo. Everyone.’”

-----------------------------------------

All groups would find Ichiro panting and covered in blood a pile of rubble of what had once been a gate. He had a gaping hole in his chest, and was as white as a ghost, but didn’t seem to mind it. In the distance, 9 black cats could be seen fleeing out of the city, each headed in a different direction, scattering like bats out of hell.

All around, villagers and ninja alike were gathered. Some were not pleased they had just left the battlefield the moment after Inochigakure had left.

“Fight’s going on… but opponent’s changed… Village is its people, not its location. I’m calling shots for a moment. We’re getting the hell out of here before this picks back up.”

“Last I checked you weren’t the jounin commander,” came one voice. Likely an Ogumo from the pristine white kimono she wore. “And you certainly don’t seem to be speaking with the kage’s authority.”

“Not to mention abandoning the village, potentially leaving information unguarded?” A different chuunin spoke up, his arm in a hastily made sling. Stony fingers could be seen hanging out of it.

Ichiro groaned, looking skyward. The blood loss was not helping his mood. Taking a deep breath, he snarled, and approached the woman like a feral creature. “Last I checked, the Tsumikage is the strongest ninja in the village. With Ema out at the moment, who do you think it is…? You?” He poked a finger at her fine kimono… a small cut straight at her collar bone drilled through from his clawed fingernails.

Murmurs rippled through the crowd. Shinobi and civilians alike. “The Tsumikage isn’t here?” “She was at the graduation ceremony.” “Where the hell is she then?” “Was that just a clone?”

“Besides, the village isn’t being left defenseless.” Hayate called out, his headband had been replaced with a bloodied bandage. “The jounin have standing orders for this kind of scenario.” He crossed his arms, biting back a wince at the motion. “Not to mention most of the crystals Inochi’s nin were using today were unprocessed. They wouldn’t survive another venture into our village to root around for intel.”

In the crowd, a certain Yamamoto with what seemed to be a permanent harsh scowl actually managed to crack a smile, the lines in his face unnatural as he tried it. Ryunosuke, the chief miner, peered around proud for Shibata at that comment, for Shibata having chased of Bishamonten before they could grab more stable crystals to use. He tried giving a friendly nudge at the ninja… despite how poor an idea it might.

The Ogumo woman scowled at Ichiro before turning to Hayate, her damaged kimono mending itself. “Then why leave?”

“Because what Ichiro lacks in tact, he makes up for in instincts. There’s a reason he’s a candidate for the kage’s seat if something happened.” He tossed a bottle Ichiro’s way. “So unless you’ve got one hell of a reason to stay, we’ve got our orders. And wounded that will need helped.”

Ichiro grabbed it out of the air, swaying a bit, yet somehow looking stronger for it. “What happened to Arashigakure, could happen here. And probably will if we don’t move it. I don’t really think Inochigakure is the real threat here. I think this was a distraction.”

Between the jonin, a knowing glance peered around. The Song of Rage, Tsumigakure’s ultimate jutsu, had been the target, and it hadn’t been confirmed safe yet. A technique like that being stolen and setting off in the village would do far more damage than the Inochigakure attack.

As Ichiro spoke, his eyes peered around, almost glazed, before looking for Akane and Waka.

“Hey, you two killed a guy, right? Mitsuhide? You’ll be vanguard. Guy’s been in the bingo book for ages. Tch, hate to admit it, but he’s taken me down in a tangle a few times. Good shit...Glutton of Tsumigakure.” He nodded his head in acknowledgement of Waka, respect in his eyes.

With that said, he shuffled around, looking for the one’s he’d been wanting to find the entire time. “Now… where are the brats…? Not that I’m worried about them or anything.” He said to himself. As he did so, a shadow drifted behind him.

“You are such a tsundere.” The Kunoichi floating behind him said, blades hovering like wings behind her, Aito. Her belly was a little bit distended.

Attachments

• 1636684712155.png
    1636684712155.png
    309.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1636684734302.png
    1636684734302.png
    312 KB · Views: 0
Wakanaka

"...Ain't only me on that, though another notch on akane being a good teammate is any good outcome." he was a glutton, but he couldn't take all that credit. "Tell you later how it went down." And quite abit of another story. is eyes looked to Akane, he in the end went with her plan... she was right.. they couldn't just... Destroy it.. Wouldn't be right.. "...But that said, anyone got a stretcher or somethin? Got a Kurio with a headache." he eyed the nearest chuunin, who.. may have looked like a med nin? ish? Well, either way Kurio got slumped onto that one like somebody who got a wet sack of potatoes tossed to them.

"I still got juice in me yet, but you better keep up old man, don't let those few grey hairs slow yea down." A sharp fanged smirk came from Waka as he pointed at ichirou. Though his eyes went to Aito, who he gave a proper smile. "Good to see yeah Auntie, startin' to waddle huh? or yea eat a wee too many dango?" it was good to still have some humor, in truth... he wasn't fully certain why he was in a good mood at the moment.. maybe it's because he was being vanguard...? or... maybe it was...

Well, it's still a secret, but knowing what he knows.

Made him feel good.

"...Bunch of civies and nin... Guess i'm gonna need to make a real racket... Whoever is out there is likely gonna be lookin' for us.." Waka scratches his head, drifting clsoer to the big man he called his somewhat sensei. "...lotta trinkets down in that hole i followed the guy down... somethings best left for Tsumi eyes really..." he motions with a head towards Akane. "...Don't need to know full stories about this stuff, it all can wait.

...Hope they don't mind I took the sheath... Figure that out later.

Wonder if the others got away okay....

...Wait, Sachiko, yo Sachi! Where you at!?"

Ganryu Ganryu AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy KageYuuki KageYuuki (Kurio got Delivered Oni style into the scene)

Shioreta Koino
5kd18D6.jpg

Shioreta glanced up seeing the feather though remaining focused on the enemy before her. She watched as he seemed to take notice himself before leaping away creating distance from them. His words reached her ears as he spoke. noticing his focus towards her with his final words. The puppet master relaxed her posture as it seemed the fight was over. A bit of a shame given she hadn't gotten much of a chance to 'test things out' though overall an acceptable conclusion for her. It did give her the impression though it wouldn't be the last she seen of such an individual for better or for worst.

The puppetmaster glanced as a black cat began to form, the girl seeming to almost immediately eye the cat up with a sense of suspicion though not for quite for the fact it could be an enemy. She looked on giving a shrug in response as she yanked on her hands as her puppets came moving back to her including a third that hadn't been exposed yet looking strangely quite familiar to Shio. She began to seal them back up into their scrolls slipping them away next to a few others she seemed to have collected already.

"Well, guess we have to go." She spoke the girl adjusting the glasses on her face electing to leave them on for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shioreta arrived giving a glance of the situation before electing to show up face to face. It seemed the feral Ichiro was quite indeed living up to his name given his current condition. Not something she figured worth spilling concern over. She looked at Waka as he spoke looking at him curiously as if trying to put on a face as if she might be offended. A slight frown being on her face as she seemed to have learned also to feign a frown somewhat as well.

"What about me? Can't the unkept yet handsome obtuse brute remember his other fellow squad mate?" She spoke looking as if she was pouting. The teen looking up as her expression seemed to soften returning to be rather emotionless.

"The enemy is retreating rather then pressing an advantage... at least where they can. I am guessing if they were aiming to get something they either retrieved it or failed to do so and now are going for a much more... destructive solution next?"

Ganryu Ganryu IG42 IG42 AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy KageYuuki KageYuuki

Sachiko Kounna
1637382814731.png

With the large gust of wind, Sachiko went flying into the air. However, before she could act, the robed ninja suddenly left.

Sachiko's form started to fade away, revealing the real kunoichi, gripping wires anchored into the wall with bloody fingers holding them tight. She looked up to see the parrot above, colorful feathers dropping to signal the retreat. She ground her teeth, looking in the distance to where the robed figures had run away, particularly distracted.

She took a deep breath, then uncharacteristically screamed with killing intent, a pulse of dark chakra shaking the area as a feeling of dread came down. She didn't even watch the robed figure retreat, instead looking inward at the village.

"That Bishamonten man looked like... Tch. Couldn't keep up, because I was ambushed. I don't like fighting... but, me being weak's definitely hurting."

She shook her head. It was a long distance, she was probably wrong. Jumping down from the building, she noticed the black cat. Looking at it gave her a headache, Sachiko looking away. She did look confused though. Nendo? Sachiko cocked her head.

"Why?"

She didn't get an answer, but shrugged, heading off to meet the rest of the village at the south gate. She did smile at the pun. As she walked forward, she stopped, and bowed at Shibata.

"Thanks. Know it was short, but don't think I could have handled him... despite what I'd said."
---------------------------

At the village gate, jonin were arguing, and she was pretty sure they were about to start punching eachother. Sachiko wished she had popcorn, if only to hand as a visual gag to her teammates. She still was a bit bothered and quieter than normal though. To Nendo, not to Nendo, a real ninja wouldn't care, and would just follow orders. She stared off in the distance, only for Waka to call to her, and make her jump.

Had Waka just surprised her? WAKA?! Sachiko was out of it.

"Oh, come on!" She said, mostly to herself, but then sweetly smile as she turned it to Waka. "You can't forget the 'ko' at the end. It means lucky, and you two are lucky to have me! Everyone nearly in my family has it. My mom Oko, my brother Koki... my late brother Koshirou, my uncle Koji, Aunt Koko," Sachiko started going on and on through her family history, though her name was actually mispelled on purpose it seemed like. {Kanji-wise for the superweebs. Sachi also means luck. Ko is normally child, but can be written as luck. Her name might just be 'luck' twice. Gan doesn't know Japanese, and might have screwed this up, but doesn't care. }. As Sachiko went on, she was repeating names a few times, not that she thought Waka would care.

She grunted through the thirtyseventh, letting it just trail off, before letting out a deep breath. She responded to Shioreta. "I think less Waka forgot about you, and successful repressed the memory. Dangnabbit, I was hoping it was me he was trying to repress through therapy, I think you win, Shio. What did you do to him?!"

She started scanning the village. Smoke rose from a few buildings, and debris was everywhere, but for having gone through an attack, it was almost remarkable how well they'd fended it off. Then again, it was hard to attack Tsumi. How'd they get the crystals to sneak in anyways.

Sachiko blinked as she realized something.

"Where's Kurio? Normally he'd be all over the place taking care of the injured. I mean, not our squad, but maaaan, means I have to actually pretend to be a medic... I'm, like, side medic at best."

She noticed where Waka had put him on a stretcher like a sack of potatoes. Sachiko actually blanched a bit. How many medics were down? Did that mean she was about to be busy? She was still distracted by the thoughts of the Bishamonten members she'd seen, but slapped her face as she tried to refocus.

flashback said:
"Hey, squirt, promise me something."

"What? Sure. Probably? I'm not getting you out of chores again though. That's what Koji's for."

"No, no, not that. Being sentimenal here for a moment. You wanna be a ninja too, right?"

"Kinda? My chakra sucks though. And I don't have the kekkei genkai.. and it seems like a lot of work."

"Do it."

Sachiko eyed over the burn marks over Kurio from what looked like a blast, but her left eye could make out chakra still clinging to him, where the burns were the worst. Shockwaves probably meant internal damage. Pulling out a kunai, she started work on removing the singed clothing stuck to him, going down the rabbit hole on wounds.

"Hey, guys, forget I can do this. Just pretend I'm really irreverent, and not helpful like normal. Hey, Shio, you might be getting that human puppet you've always wanted."
She joked as she ruffled through her pouch, pulling out a pouch of cream. It was her own blend. Kurio's medical ninjutsu were far better than anything Sachiko had, but she didn't have enough chakra for any real ninjutsu. Sachiko was left with more a more toolbased approach. It at least forced her to be creative.

Wrapping bandages with it, she began to apply it across large swaths of his skin, a cool feeling coming with it as it would speed up his natural healing. Looking at a few more severe burn marks, Sachiko flinched, still seeing chakra trailing off of it.

"Crud, anyone have a way to nullify chakra? That stuff's going to keep burning him from the inside out if we don't."

{Hey, Ori, wanna eat chakra?}

Gritting her teeth, she fed him a plasma pill rather forcefully, while considering what she could do with a knife if she had to remove the chakra a little more... roughly. First rule of surgery, avoid surgery if there was a better way.

Wakanaka

"...Oh, Shios here...? Kay, so, Kurio." Wakanaka's gaze didn't look at Shio, nor truely even recognize her exsistance even when he turned to look upon the situation. He hadn' noticed it really, he was better at noticing his own chakra than anything else.

Actually, he was pretty bad at noticing anything, in truth, at all.

But people have character flaws you know?

Now, now they had a situation...

Kurio had chakra and... It was burning him? The hell kinda wierdness did he get up to in that rubble...? That sword dude do something? Well...

"Ah screw it, Sachi, move." The words were more or less followed by a aiding push. "So, since I've became this, been kinda able to do wierd shit so... J-just watch I guess..."

Just like he practiced... Breath in... Breath out... He knelt besides Kurio, this close, he could feel it too... Whatever happened, shit was serious... But... Dude woulda done the same for him.

Plus, call it a return for that fact he stole from the family vault.

With a small haze, the young man let out a deep breath, the chakra visible, almost ichorous even with it's gaseous form, it clung to the air, body and other chakra all the same. The young man breathed out till he was full of nothing left, the strange yang chakra collecting latent chakra from spotty points on the body....

Until Waka breathed in, the foul cloud was sucked back inside, his body rising up with the large breath, his chest inflating, and body... Grumbling? His horn seemed to grow abit more searing red, like a hot ember being blown upon. And finally, he let out a small puff of reddened smoke.

"Foo... Spicey... Hints of Lavender... That parts Kurio I guess..." the oni seemed to shudder lightly, before standing uo. "Man... Gonna take abit to ease that stuff in... It's like... Heartburn, but in the stomache..." he popped a pill into his mouth, a common stomache relief thing, store bought. "...Ginger ale would be nice..."

@ those present to see the unicorn magic.

Kurio shimizu
After the mission to the Land of Lightning.
Kurio shifted, feeling the rough and scratchy hospital blanket rub against an unbandaged part of his arm. The hospital was the same as always: dull grey walls, curtains, and the chatter of doctors and nurses drifting in the hall. Or it would be, if it weren’t for the bandages wrapped around his eyes and face at the moment. Standing within arm’s reach of someone leaving lava in their wake wasn’t his brightest idea. Just the latest in a long list he supposed.

He couldn’t remember much of what happened once he and Isamu returned to the village. Junpei and Kenshin stood waiting at the village gates. His uncle seemed relieved to see the two of them. But Junpei’s expression was cold, unreadable. He didn’t get a chance to say anything when Kurio’s crystal, pushed well past its limit, finally cracked and started violently venting miasma. The chuunin passed out shortly after.

Wonder how much trouble we’re in for leaving the village?

He felt Raiko stir in the back of his mind. ’We?’ Don’t drag me into your nonsense.

Actually meant Isamu and I… Kurio opened his eyes, finding himself in the depths of his own mind. The heart of Raiko’s seal. He used to be unable to reach it without the push of Junpei’s jutsu, but months of (not always planned) training had made it easier for the chuunin. Standing in the room of stone and flickering candles, it felt like he was back in the Land of Lightning prior to Kaminari’s escape, the low air pressure making his skin prickle. Though something about it felt vaguely familiar, safe.

The feeling brought Isamu’s words back to mind.

Isamu said:
"Raiko, Akuma with no title, seems to approve at least. Or at least not correct. Your Akuma will change what he needs to exist. Iwato, the three-tailed bat of the abyss, dislikes light, so he has shifted my jutsu preference to the darkness, where he can thrive."

Kurio looked at the massive gates before him. He could hear the beast’s quiet pacing, feel its piercing gaze on him. “What do you want, boy?” The sound of thunder reverberated throughout the room.

“Pursuing medical ninjutsu wasn’t my own decision, was it?” Kurio found himself blurting out the question suddenly. The implication of his uncle’s words had been bothering him the last several days.

A deep rumble of thunder like a laugh. “Are any of your actions truly your own? If I’m trapped in this cage, the least I should be allowed is to change it to suit my needs. You should be thanking me for your supposed natural aptitude to the healing arts.”

Kurio frowned, “What else have you changed to ‘suit your needs’?”

“It’s not the servant’s place to question their king.”

The jinchuuriki snarled, “what about my dream? Is that from you too?”

Raiko smirked, fangs glistening in the candlelight. “I am a noble Akuma, a Prince of the Storm. To dominate . . . to rule, is my nature. Our nature.”

Kurio felt the air in his lungs turn to ice, “What?” Had any of his motivations been his own? His admiration of Ema and Ichiro, his desire to become strong enough to surpass them? Was any of that his own? He roughly ran his fingers through his hair.

“You are nothing without me.”

The chuunin was jolted back to reality by a doctor lightly prodding at his injuries. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you. How are you feeling?” He recognized the voice as Dr. Michizoe.

Like my world was knocked out from under me? Kurio shrugged with a wince, “tired mostly. Weak and shaky . . . my chakra feels erratic. So miasma poisoning.”

Michizoe gave a low hum. “You were exposed to a fairly high amount of akuma chakra when your pendent broke. It should pass in a few days. How’s the pain from your burns?”

“Tolerable.” Normally, he’d numb any of his own wounds without needing to worry about medication. Though with his hands mummified, jutsu was out of the question. He shifted, “Sensei, about . . .”

“It’s too early to know for sure.” Michizoe sensed his question, “But I suspect your vision will return with time. Though they might never fully lose their sensitivity to light. Only time will tell.”

Kurio sighed and nodded. At least he didn’t lose them. He probably should have, considering the circumstance. “What about Uncle Isamu?”

“He’ll recover, in due time. For now, just try to rest.”

Kurio listened to Michizoe’s retreating footsteps and the door clicking shut. He let out a shaky breath, laying back down. “None of my goals are my own . . . have any of my achievements? Just what am I?”

Present Day.

wAuyS2h.png

Pushing open the door to the house, Kurio shuffled inside. He pulled off his darkened glasses with a tired sigh and rubbed his eyes. Finally learning the mystical palm technique led to him taking on more responsibilities in the Medical Corps. Which inevitably meant more long hours in the clinic. He’d spent the entire night assisting in a long operation on top of his usual rounds and mountain of paperwork.

Catching his reflection in a hallway mirror, Kurio paused. The scars had faded over the last year with a little help from the hidden spring outside of the village. Though even knowing the trick to the spring didn’t make holding his face underwater an appealing prospect.

Tea. Tea sounded good right about now. Then sleep. Maybe I can get away with a few chapters of Legend of the Dawn King before I pass out. More responsibility meant way less time to read anything that wasn’t work related anymore.

Now what kind of tea do we even have? Did mom drink all the lavender again? Rummaging through the cupboards and pulling out tins, Kurio paused. A jar of peach jam sat tucked in the back of the cupboard, a small smear of black tar on the label. He sighed and smiled. Ever since rescuing Isamu, the expensive jars of jam had been steadily turning up in hidden spots throughout the house. Whenever he managed to finish a jar off, a new one would appear the next day.

He set a kettle of water on to heat up before meandering to his room and retrieving the small book. Legend of the Dawn King. He was actually a few volumes behind at this point. ‘Become a medic,’ they’d said, ‘help the village,’ they’d said. What they neglected to add was he wasn’t going to have much time to read anything entertaining anymore.

Ah, well… part of being shinobi he supposed.

Kurio paused at his window, watching the snow and ash drift down from the clouds. A chilly day for a graduation ceremony, no doubt. But from the inside of a warm house, it was almost pleasant. Peaceful.

He started to turn away from the window with a quiet hum when the chuunin stopped. His muscles tensed as the air around him began to change. The pressure was dropping, feeling more like he was back in Arashigakure before its destruction or standing near Raiko’s seal. A red flare lit up the sky and twisted snowfall.

Seals began burning themselves into the ground outside, snow hissing and melting.

”RUN!” Raiko’s voice boomed through his mind.

Kurio wasn’t about to argue the Akuma’s shout of warning. Something was coming. He ran through handsigns, his body chilling at the flood of chakra.

Flash Sweat

He didn’t even make it to the door before his vision went white, scorching heat, a deafening boom, the feeling of floating.

Then nothing.

The weeks seemed to drag on. Kurio was released from the hospital after the first week, though found himself confined to the house ever since. He needed time to heal, to say nothing of the whole “disobeying the Tsumikage’s orders” bit. The information he and Isamu brought back with them seemed to soften Ema’s anger somewhat. Though the quiet that had settled through the interrogation room had been unnerving.

Finally, his injuries had healed enough he could wander the village without running into anything. The glasses Isamu had gifted him made navigating outside during the day bearable. Hopefully this sensitivity goes away soon. It would be some time yet before he was allowed back on mission barring any kind of emergency.

So give it a few days I guess. Kurio chuckled despite himself. The village had always been short staffed, pulling from reserves that weren’t entirely ready to return to the field.

Without even realizing where he was wandering, Kurio found himself at the top of a now familiar flight of stairs. The Well of Absolutes. Raiko’s revelation had been weighing heavily on him, shattering his every perception of himself. Being cooped up inside for weeks on end with that train of thought had been maddening. Taking a shuddering breath, he started down the stairs.

He sent a pulse of chakra into his glasses as the room grew dark and the sound of a waterfall surrounded him. Kurio turned to face the clone that slowly approached from behind. Unlike the real Kurio, it wasn’t covered in bandages. Nor was it wearing his glasses.

The doppelganger looked him over and smirked. “Look what the cat dragged in. Didn’t get your ass handed to you enough by the Yoshida members?”

Kurio couldn’t help but frown, “I at least won those fights.”

“Did you though? Hidemaru fled after a single hit and poisoned you and Momo left more burns than Okimi could ever dream of.” The clone grinned, “that poison would’ve killed you had Raiko not intervened. Or you would’ve maimed your arm beyond repair flailing around. And if it weren’t for Isamu intervening, you wouldn’t have been able to stop Momo. You’re still nothing on your own. Can’t even stand out on a solo mission.”

It started to stalk towards Kurio, its expression growing somber. “Just what are we, anyway? The little medic that couldn’t? A puppet for Raiko’s whims?” The clone stopped, nose to nose with him. “You hate it, don’t you? Knowing that everything you’ve done, all of your dreams and ambitions, none of it was your own. It really burns us up, doesn’t it?”

“You’re right,” Kurio gritted his teeth, “I do hate it!” His punch caught the clone’s jaw, sending it staggering back. He lunged after it, hands glowing with chakra. “I have no way of knowing if anything’s been my own doing.”

It grinned again, rubbing where the blow had landed. “All those medical skills, you wanting to be at the top of the village, it’s all Raiko’s doing. Poor Kurio, how does it feel dancing on a beast’s strings?” The clone caught Kurio’s wrist with one hand, the other swiping at his face with sharp claws. The glasses gifted from Isamu went flying off into the water, blood running down Kurio’s face from the cuts left behind.

Wincing, Kurio kicked forward, burying his heel in the clone’s gut as he tried to force it away from him.

It didn’t budge, rooting itself to the earth with chakra.

Solid Ground

“You didn’t answer me, you know?” Jerking on Kurio’s wrist, the clone caught the front of his shirt and twisted, throwing him into the cold water. “Or are you just okay with that knowledge? That our life isn’t our own.”

Kurio winced, his still healing body protesting the rough impact. He wasn’t okay with it. How could he be? Sure, a ninja’s life was never really theirs. But that didn’t change the fact all of his choices hadn’t entirely been his own.

“Wonder if dear old mom and dad knew?” The fake Kurio moved through some handsigns, but didn’t strike. “Or maybe auntie Ema?”

“They could have told me…” Kurio muttered, slowly pushing himself back to his feet. Would it have changed anything? Now that he thought about it, he wasn’t so sure. The quiet crackle of lightning drew his attention. He’d barely turned when a brilliant flash left him staggering, crying out in pain as his vision went white.

“You’re right, they could have told you. But they didn’t. Instead, it was Isamu.”

A splash sounded behind Kurio. The cool blade of a kunai pressed against his throat. Pouring chakra into his fingertips, Kurio slashed in front of him. He knew his own genjutsu.

Laughter erupted as a palm slammed into Kurio’s back. Searing pain, then chilling numbness as his legs gave out.

Chakra Scalpel: Bone Cutter

“Thought you gained the upper hand for a change? Shame I know everything you’re going to do.” The clone knelt beside Kurio, grabbing a fistful of his hair as it jerked his head back. “Poor, helpless Kurio.” It whispered in his ear. “Blind and paralyzed with no one to bail him out this time. But I’m not gonna finish you off yet. You still haven’t answered my question. How. Does. It. Feel?”

Kurio gritted his teeth, wishing his vision would return. “I really hate you, you know that? Figures I’d know the right ways to get under my own skin and pick at every raw nerve there.” He growled, but didn’t bother trying to struggle anymore. “You’re right. Everything you say is right. My goals and jutsu, none of it was entirely my own decision or ability. I’m not the strongest, or the fastest, or the smartest. I might never become Tsumikage…”

Isamu said:
“As I have promised, I will continue to protect you from the shadows, Kurio Shimizu. Your dreams are impressive, and almost make me remember mine. Just say the word, and I shall render aid.”

Kurio smiled slightly despite himself as he recalled his uncle’s words. “But I don’t think I’m going to entirely give that dream up just yet. There are still a lot of questions I don’t have answers for but I think . . . I finally know the biggest one.”

“Well…? What does that make us? Who are you then?”

“I am Kurio Shimizu.”

The doppelganger’s grip on his hair loosened. “And Raiko…? Aren’t you his puppet?”

“Maybe he has been pulling the strings, changing things to make us more compatible with one another. That’s a bridge we’ll have to cross ourselves, I think.” Kurio blinked, his starting to return. His double’s eyes had changed from piercing red to dark brown. “But I wouldn’t really be me without him.”

“No, I suppose we wouldn’t.” Releasing its hold on Kurio’s hair, the clone helped him to his feet. “The barrier to the real Well will open with my mark. But rest. Let your wounds heal before trying to face Raiko. And bring clanmates with you.” The doppleganger faded from view as the sound of the waterfall relented.

A faintly glowing emblem on Kurio’s palm pulsed in time with the barrier on the other side of the chamber.

Everything was dark. Kurio felt like he was both freezing and burning up. An immense weight pressed down against his body, keeping him pinned in place. The sounds of battle raged all around him. But they sounded distant, muffled by the rubble of his home.

Rest… Raiko’s voice snaked through his mind.

Freezing wind and snow against his skin pulled him back from the darkness once again. Kurio managed to force his eyes open once again, taking in the blurs of what might have been Sachiko and Wakanaka. Their voices sounded distant and muffled, making it impossible to understand anything they were saying.

Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo

Shioreta Koino
3tbGiG5.jpg

Shioreta looked to see Waka doing about what she expected, ignoring her. Sachiko seeming to revel in giving a list in response to Waka's 'concern'? Hard to say really considered he was much more bronze and lacking an ounce of brains. It was cute in a way, like watching a baby struggling with spatial awareness. That goodness he had enough bronze that allowed him to manage to survive so long. She was almost certain for a long time that he would find a way to croak before her. She turned to Sachiko shrugging a bit looking at her.

"All i did was attempt to compliment him in a way a typical savage beast might take a compliment. Though, I suppose it could of been something before that..." She spoke the girl looking up tapping her chin as if in thought before shrugging.

"It must not have been anything important enough for me to bother wasting any space in my mind. Then again his irrationality could mean any trivial matter could result in him getting feisty so I could of just looked at him the wrong way... or lacked a glance in his direction at the wrong time and it could of triggered a fit of such strong animosity."

She shifted her head over to Sachiko as she seemed to focus on Kurio listening to her idle remark to her glancing up as if in thought though quickly dropping the act. Too morbid? Not really for Shioreta but it seemed pointless given Sachiko was fixated on doing medical magic. She looked quite curiously over to her mentioning nullifying chakra making her waning curiosity shift back a bit. While she lacked the knowledge of what was wrong exactly it seemed to imply traces of chakra was left behind causing such an infliction. A rather usual property to hear about that could mean quite a few different potential causes. Least of which she hadn't expected to see Waka... eating the Chakra? Well perhaps it was strangely a bit more expected then it ought to be.

"Mayhaps I ought to learn to contribute with all the 'support' our team can provide if even a brute has a way to contribute to helping the injured. Human puppet experimentation might be an actual rather helpful tool. Replacement limbs... graphing puppet parts inside a human body. I'm sure flesh and wood with the right screws and a large powerful dose of anesthesia could make it possible." She commented more to herself out loud though it being more intentionally directly towards Sachiko's earlier comment and perhaps as a little lingering worry for Waka if she intended to try such experimentation on him.

Her eyes shifted still keeping some distance away as she noticed Kurio seemed to stir. The young chuunin falling silent keeping her distance as she chose to simply observe for now, finally reaching up to take her glasses off giving them a brief wipe down before carefully slipping them away from sight.

Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo KageYuuki KageYuuki

Shibata Yamamoto
Listening to Sachiko's assessment of their foe Shibata narrowed his eyes trying to discern some kind of trick, he didn't feel like there was any genjutsu in effect but naturally that didn't rule out other forms of trickery. He didn't have much time to ruminate on what was actually going on as the enemy quickly withdrew.

"Did something happen to Nendo too?" He asked of the chatty cat as it left, he was fairly sure it was some minor Akuma but wasn't sure who might've sent it out. Accepting Sachiko's thanks with a small nod he smirked slightly despite the situation. "I wouldn't have expected you to defeat him alone but I'm fairly sure you would have at least found a way to survive if only to aggravate him."

Joining the throng at the gate Shibata listened with confusion as Ichiro proposed abandoning Tsumi entirely. "We've just suffered an attack that has indiscriminately targeted both shinobi and civilians alike and now you expect us to drag them halfway across the continent without getting massacred?" Rather bewildered by the course proposed by the resident psycho jounin he spoke up along with various others. "That's enough Shibata." Stepping out of a cluster close to Ichiro Shintaro looked none the worse for wear. "But father we-" His protest was cut off with a sharp gesture. "I said enough, we are leaving."

Stinging from the chastisement Shibata barely acknowledged Ryuunosuke's encouragement he looked around at the group spotting most of his group scattered about though Eizo did seem to be missing, while he searched he was unexpectedly tackle-hugged from behind. "There you are Shichan! I should've known you were too adorable to have anything bad happen to you!" Struggling in his attackers' grasp he turned towards the grinning face of his sister. "You made it nee-san!" Slapping his back Fubuki laughed. "Hah! They came at me alright expecting me to still be pulling sickies but now if they aren't running home to their mummies they're flying to meet their ancestors."

Awkwardly chuckling along with her Shibata cast a proper look over her for injuries but only saw small splinters clinging to her clothing. He smiled widely in relief that his efforts to cure her had now been proven to be totally successful though he also noted that his target to beat was now moving further ahead of him once more.

Ganryu Ganryu

Akane Kabenari

Almost as soon as Akane and Waka regrouped with the rest of the village Akane was mobbed by a flock of concerned elders anxious to treat any imagined injuries and overstimulated children determined to learn how many baddies Akane had personally defeated. The Kabenari as a whole were not that opposed to the evacuation order: unlike some of the other clans the Kabenari had little material wealth built up in their current location and there was a vague notion floating around that the clean, mountain air of Nendo might do the more infirm members of the clan some good. Akane agreed with them, although she didn't share her reasons why, Akane didn't want her family being involved in the dangerous book they had found if she could help it. But in the end if there were answers to the questions the book presented they might very well lie in Nendo, with the Originator of Mountains.

When Akane had soothed and settled down her clan enough that she could extricate herself from them she doubled back to seek out Waka, finding him with the rest of Team Miho who were crowded around Kurio to treat his injuries. They...were treating his injuries right? It was actually sort of difficult to tell if they were trying to help or harm Kurio and if their actions were having the intended effect or the opposite. Either way Akane felt a twinge of pity for the unconscious boy, regardless of whether he was patient or test subject.

"I can take the first shift at the vanguard if you need more time to help Kurio, I didn't expend much energy in that last fight" Akane said to Waka, casually positioning herself next to him so that their backs were together. Hidden underneath her cloak, Akane palmed the journal of the First Tsumikage and pressed it into Waka's broad, muscular back. "He likes manga and stuff doesn't he?" Akane asked, with a meaningful nod at Kurio. "When he's feeling up to it you might try finding him something to read,"

Miho Shimamura

Meanwhile at the edge of the large crowd of shinobi and civilians a brief panic erupted as a pair of startled sentries attempted to subdue an intruder wearily approaching the group.

"I said Blue Sparrow! Blue Sparrow! Do you mouth-breathers not remember the passphrases we give you!?" Miho snarled, cracking the skulls of the two chunin together before they could stir up too much panic. In fairness to the chunin Miho was wearing a blood stained Inochigakure uniform, although she had switched back to her Tsumi headband before rejoining the main group. "Who the hell briefed you?" Miho demanded of her now rather abashed would be detainers. "And where the hell is the Kage? Who is even in charge right now!?"

One of the chunin leaned over and whispered urgently to Miho and though it seemed impossible, her already irate expression soured even further. "Fuck! And he wants to do what?..FUCK!" Miho swore and then sighed loudly. "I need a drink and... and I can't believe I'm actually saying this, those two,"

It took Miho only a few more minutes of swearing and threatening to be directed to where the chunin who were nominally her students had gathered. Mercifully, it had actually been months since she'd been forced to interact meaningfully with the little goblins, although that did mean the blowback from whatever trouble they had gotten themselves into in the meantime was likely to be exponentially more dramatic when it finally hit her Ah well, future Miho could deal with that bullshit, present Miho already had enough on her plate as it was.

"Should have figured even an invasion wouldn't be enough to get you three off my back," Miho said dryly, to announce her presence. "If your patient down there is stabilized I need you and you-"Miho jabbed two fingers at Shioreta and Sachiko. "To come with me. We're clearing house ahead of the move so I need every pair of hands that knows which side of an explosive tag goes up to shred and burn anything sensitive I'd take you as well Waka but apparently Ichiro called dibs on you. Tell him he owes me a drink for that. I wrote these protocols back in the day so if someone tries to cut corners and anything leaks it'll be my ass on the line,"

Miho pulled a packet of cigarettes out of her pouch and lit one, taking a long drag before exhaling away from the chunin. "The clans all have their own protocols for their stuff, I tried to get them to submit outlines for their procedures so could at least know what precautions they were taking but I couldn't get them from anyone except the Shimizu, typical politics bullshit. Everything else comes under my purview though so we got a lot to get through,"

Orikanyo Orikanyo Hanarei Hanarei KageYuuki KageYuuki Ganryu Ganryu

Wakanaka

The young man was still kneeling next to the other boy as Akane started her talk. She wanted Kurio to read it, well, alright then. Could be worse than not. Though now he was one babysitting duty rather than doing his thing... Yay...

Well, not that he minded, but... Well, could be worse.

"...Getting handsy huh? If you wanted to touch, didn't need to hide it." The young man smirked, tightening up his hayori, which pinned the book in place under a wrap. "Alright, i'll keep here and-"

Oh for the love of-

"You old hag what pit of hell opened up to spit you back out, did hell not want to deal with your ass or are we just that unlucky?" Miho, his past sensei, he had dropped all facades long ago, and now he didn't give a damn what she said about him.

"Oh, owes you a drink? As if yea damn own me? Fuck you and the horse you rode in on." The oni batked, turning from the lady. "...Good luck you two, try not to let the hag run you ragged..."

He regarded his squad mates and started to mess with his clothes abit more.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Ganryu Ganryu Hanarei Hanarei KageYuuki KageYuuki (i mean hes there, so)

Shioreta Koino
3tbGiG5.jpg

The young puppetmaster stood in place her little remarks all but playful banter although ones that she couldn't lie her own curiosity did fuel further wonder have plausible it might be. She was far from a medical ninja nor concerned with those particular intricacies of the human body. The inorganic was a far more compelling field for her. After all the human body was far too limited in her mind for what could be possible. If anything she could see technology far outpacing what the human body was ever capable in enough time.

She glanced over seeing Akane approach. The girl blinking as she stared towards her watching her reaction with Waka. The chuunin glancing down tapping her index finger to her cheek particularly at Waka's comment. A perhaps pointless though curious snippet of information she should keep logged away in her mind. Far from a priority granted but she was almost certain it could be a useful tool to prod at Waka for her own devious devices later if it might be required.

Shioreta was much more taken aback as Miho approached. It wasn't as if she expected her to be dead. Hell, not even the fact she showed up at all. As much as she came off reluctant to do anything it was clear to her she would likely still do as she needed as her job required even if she was very apathetic doing it. It had been the fact she approached herself and Sachiko specifically addressing them. Not to mention a task 'cleaning up footprints' as she had in her own mind determined to classify it as. I mean, who was to say they wouldn't sneak a peek at information they weren't meant to witness themselves before turning such documentation to ash. A very unexpected thing to hear from Miho given their team's reputation. The fact Waka wasn't included was almost humorous given her own doubts of his inability to read making him a rather good choice that him looking wouldn't risk any sort of leak of information.

"Understood! It's good to see you are healthy and safe, Miho-sensei!" She spoke with her warm fake smile. The girl shifting a bit in place glancing briefly over at Sachiko before looking back over her Miho.

Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Sachiko Kounna
1638161039193.png

Sachiko blinked as Waka literally inhaled the chakra, watching the burning plasma release be ingested and then... nothing. Somehow, that was even MORE terrifying than if he'd thrown an island or something. Useful and she was glad for it, but what were the limits of his stomach!? She briefly wondered if would include some of Miho's poisons.

Shio showed a strange sense of what was almost remorse then about support ability. Sachiko just smiled.

"Don't worry about support, I got us covered for the most part. I don't like fighting myself, so if I haaaave to be a ninja, I can be a sensor and do medical patch up. Just as long as there's something to recover. Just keep being the most malevolent ninja in Tsumi, and I don't have anything to fear from the enemy. Course, if you want practice, I say Kurio's got about 10 minutes before nobody's looking and we can claim we found him that way. "

Sachiko continued her bandaging and care as several ninja groups were organizing to move out, escorting civilians in batches. It really was crazy right now. Speaking of crazy...

Sachiko reached for a spray bottle just as Waka left. She shrugged. She didn't have love for their sensei either, but... considering the situation, rank trumped everything else. Sachiko was too preoccupied to object. Normally she'd have been a gremlin about it, it WAS what the squad was called more often than not rather than their official title. But right now...

"Alright, can do, sensei. But, I want to borrow your bingo book after this. I, uh... might be unaccounted for for a week or two, I'd appreciate it if you also covered for me. I need to... find somebody."

Sachiko felt strange obeying orders.

Everyone Everyone
Ichiro, The Feral

1638161340952.png

The trip to Nendogakure was arduous, the entire village having to pass through mountains, though the liberal use of earth jutsu to make bridges throughout the way made it much easier.

Harsh arid territory followed by long plains, only to give way to what looked like a massive expanse of... nothing. Just plain rock as far as the eye could see. The area seemed level, and mirages played in the distance. It was like a sandless desert of crag

Ichiro sighed. "Part I always hate about going to Nendo. Hey, SnugglyKins, do me a favor, and look for Nendo"

Aito nodded her head. "We really need to work on your romance at some point, try ‘hun’. Meh, still better than last time you were in a tux. I think it should be around here, but we did make good time with those rock bridges." She floated off into the distance, scouting from the air.

A few of the chunnin who had never been started to murmur about the delay, a common phrase "what, are you lost?" Most of the jonin just snickered, a few bets going around in the background.

Less than 5 minutes afterwards, the earth began to shake cataclysmically, throwing people back and forth as the entire rock surface seemed to come alive. Fissures rent the plain rock open, chasms wider than Tsumi forming in an instant, mountains rising, and sections of plateau being consumed by the void. A few ninja started to cry, and the jonin laughed as they passed bets to each other of who would be scared.

From the depths of one of the fissures, a single rock tower rose, like mast of a massive ship, followed by more and more stone buildings as entire city started to rise out from the ground, gliding across the ground itself. Ichiro stood and whistled, the entire city stopping for a moment, allowing the villagers to begin to walk onto the streets, with a gap less than a foot between the street, and the plain rock they all stood on. Ichiro motioned for everyone to "Get their asses on, or get their asses run over."

Aito floated back down. “Found it. Told you it was close.”

Inside the city, once it had been boarded, the place seemed much more stable, a low rumble all around the city as it moved, always heading forward, the backdrop always changing. Behind it, the stone smoothed out, and in front of it, fissures formed.

Nendogakure- {Hidden Clay Village}, the mystical village on the back of a large tortoise.
Cb6vsI1lchjvhOAHuqTsIL3Y0MwleucGT5RHAJc-sOE6yoAtYu5xQZDnom0rtNeXqlAk6dlNFotAha5nuN_9E3h5Mce4fxfjkf8Tpx0ULnVSh-kEkDjirR9W6Tkbn6b8oYuVDAfs

_kpLCHHwfhanW5jklwcVQdcxlhDAvKWlYIw_F-Dv7M5u2P40g6dT4xR62t4YRH8GtPiHA54vlPmubY9wjxjcE-Dsv8c2ZQBNUQAuP5ZZMzThheZdmEOXXoPHrlvNfH4g7n1wZzWc

Ichiro started separating the group, barking out orders.

“Shintaro, Reiji, you go smooth things over with the Nendokage. Knew we were coming, but go sweet talk him about us being here for a bit, mostly the civilians. Nobody cares about Inochigakure, but he’s going to want assurances that none of the big villages are involved in this. Go do politics

Junpei, Kenshin, Miyu, Headcount.

Wakanaka, go pick a few ninja to lead a strike force. I ain’t exactly happy about our village being invaded. Go wreck some shit. Anyone feeling vengeful, go see Waka. This is a raid, not a battle. Congrats, kid, mission's yours.

Hayate, organize a few squads for work. Nendo’s going to make us earn our keep. Anyone without standing orders, go see Hayate.

Isamu, paperwork detail, make sure we have what we need to operate here.

Kurio, stop bleeding on the damn turtle, and find where the hell your aunt is.

Miho, organize key assassinations for Inochigakure while your brat’s causing chaos.

Old Man Kei, handle inventory of encryptions. Also, wipe everyone’s memory of the last few codes, I’d like to reuse them.

Aito, I need a drink.”

Attachments

• 1638161317473.png
    1638161317473.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 0
Wakanaka

"...This.... Is far too cool... Really blows the Tsumi village outta the water really." He couldn't help but admit, giant turtle, just cooler than normal towns. Always.

Part of him also, also wondered if he could lift it.

Very much unlikely...

....Very much so...

But now.. Now within.. No chance to sit around and talk, no chance to see whats what, no chance to meet new friends.

They got a job.

And hes got a mission.

A mission HE is leading.

"Alright! You heard the old man listen up! Those coming better be ready cause we're not doing this your way, we're not doing this your grandma's way, were doing this my way!

And my way is whatever the fuck you do best to get the job god damn done.

Is it your way then?

No!

Cause now you can blame me if it goes wrong regardless!

Now!

You know me, Wakanaka, and i'm to be your spearpoint today. And today, were gonna prep to head off and crack Inoichi in the jaw, grab what we can and slip away after making as much a mess we can. That means valuables, artifacts, supplies, anything. We're gonna come back here with gifts for our own and our new friends.

They ruined our home, they destroyed what we love, they broke my fucking T.V and i'm gonna make certain to rip that price outta their hands.

If you think twice about this, remember the stories of folks being turned into frogs and stone, if you feel pty, remember they tried to exterminate us like rats for a thing we didn't do.

Thats the people we are returning the favor too, so if they believe us to be monsters, I say we show them just what it means to FUCKING MESS WITH A MONSTER!!!" Wakanaka yelled out to the crowd, and he got a good few answers back like...

Aww shit not the- "Yea lets give it to em!" "You don't break a man's T.V!" "They ruined my dinner they have to die!!!!" "Like, OMG, this is gonna be like, sooo super cool. Like, are we gonna be on the bingo book? I need to do my hair for that pic tho!!!" "RAMBLO WILL CRUSH PUNY INIOICHI NIN!"

Well shit, hes got a handful of idiots, why was that girl mostly colored like a piece of cotton candy anyways?

And who was this Ramblo dude?

"...Alright! We get this shit goin' tomorrow! Anyone else! Come to me!!!"

@ people coming yoyoyoyoy

Two Crows Scavenging a Corpse

"Why is it always when we go to Tsumi, I end up covered in burns and poisoned by the mist, but you're the moody one?"

Sitting in a cave, two of the world's most well-known terrorists broke out a small lunch of (stolen) rations. Mizuki Himura, the space-time water release user, and rogue from Sangogakure was covered head to toe in bandages, and what little could be seen of her skin was still smoldering. Next to her, a more muscular taijutsu user, and rogue from Tsumi, sat grumpily: Inaba.

Inaba took a deep sigh. "It was a huge gamble, hundreds of people died, and we didn't even get what we were looking for. I checked the lake, the secrets vaults I knew of, but the actual scroll of the Song of Rage was missing."

Mizuki flinched as she took a dango. "Yes, but let's be honest, you've done worse. We're the bad guys. That's not changing, no matter what we do. You knew that when you signed up. Katsuhito's not THAT persuasive."

Inaba took a large bite out of a cooked steak, one he had found on the grill during the panic. "I mean, he kinda is. He got you, me, Nobuyuki, and has been recruiting lately. That Shin kid's strange, and a few of the Inochi folk. Boss can cut a meeeeean deal."

"Inaba..." Mizuki said warningly.

Inaba just stared up at the ceiling. "I think... I think my sister spotted me. I'm supposed to be dead."

Mizuki's eyebrows wiggled as she suddenly seemed both surprised and curious. "Your sister...? The girl with the gem eyes? I didn't recognize that Kekkei Genkai."

Inaba laughed, not his normal annoying high-pitched cackle, but a deep rumble that echoed through the cave, making everything shake. "That little piece of bubble gum doesn't HAVE a kekkei genkai. It's what makes her great. I see she's made an excellent ninja. I'm kinda proud of the girl. But well... did she make it through the attack? Did Koki? Pops...? Mom...? I'm supposed to be dead, yeah, but can't help but worry. Yeah, yeah, we're SUPPOSED to be the bad guys, but that's just because no one else is doing anything. Let the world rot and be the good guys, or save it and be the baddies...? Still. We messed up this time."

"This is why I told Katsuhito not to recruit you. Both of you are too soft, and you, in particular, still have people left behind. So, your cover's blown then, Koshirou Kounna?"

"Ugh... don't use that name. He's dead. It might not be, I don't know. Better safe than sorry. 'sides, what about you, you got any family. What was it like in Sangogakure?"

This time, Mizuki looked at the ceiling, and sighed. "Six brothers. Five sisters. Large family that was well respected and talented for water release. And I was a genius for figuring out how to integrate time space jutsu into it."

"Huh, hadn't heard of the Himura clan."

"That's because I killed all of them. Every single one."

An awkward silence followed, with drops from the ceiling dripping occasionally with an echoing 'ping'. Mizuki broke the silence. "You know Inochigakure would have attacked regardless though, right?"

"We gave them the crystals though... "

"And I lost Hima doing that. Good girl, terrible assassin. A few mistakes doesn't mean we aren't doing the right thing, Inaba. It means we're human. Get up, we still have work to do."

Several steps could be heard as Mizuki walked out of the small cave, only to gasp. Inaba looked up. "What?"

Several bubbles floated in the air, giving pictures of the village below. "They're gone?!"

"What!?" Inaba jumped to his feet, getting a look through the bubbles. "That doesn't make any sense...!? Crap baskets."

Mizuki blinked. "Just curse like the rest of us. But that means the scrolls definitely not in the village, they must have taken it with them. Where could they have gone!?"

Inaba blinked, looking at the south gate, seeing several hundred footprints... which just vanished a little bit aways, earth release covering them. "I... I don't know. I was never clued into evacuation plans."

"Should we poke around the village...?"

Inaba shook his head. "Miho would have rigged the entire village with so many traps the reaper himself would fear entering it. And they saw your bubble technique, it'll be primed against you in particular. Sad thing is, that scroll could actually be IN the village, and I don't think we could make it in, let alone if it isn't. Dam... dangnabbit."

"What do we do now?"

"Only thing we can. Go home and tell Katsuhito. After that... same thing we do every night, Mizuki."

A visible facepalm could be heard. "If you say-"

"Try and take over the world!"

An audible, and impressively, echoing, groan could be heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back