• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Sonder Links] An Anomalous Noir OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Don't you love it when you have an idea in your head but as you start to bring it out, you realize it was a stupid idea?
Yea anyways post is up, I promise an actual vignette will come soon

Don't you love it when you have an idea in your head but as you start to bring it out, you realize it was a stupid idea?
Yea anyways post is up, I promise an actual vignette will come soon
Nice post~
I'll try to reply by the end of the day.

Last edited:
Posted a character. You still accepting?
We are but I've got a few problems with your character.
Firstly is the two anomalies: the first is virtually useless and the second is overly powerful, and would almost never be useable. Plus that's just an amphibious werewolf.

Secondly is the later part of the biography. The first part is great and fitting, but it doesn't make sense that slavers would get rid of all the slaves they just acquired. Also in the case of a leak on a boat you'd shift weight away from the leak, not just lose it. It also doesn't make much sense how Hashim would be tossed overboard, immediately anchored, and then somehow jumped back on board. Also if officials find a new Anchor who just killed a bunch of people, regardless of who those people were, that Anchor would be executed immediately as an extreme hazard and liability.

And the hyperlink to MK-Ultra's wikipedia article gave me whiplash and destroyed my suspension of disbelief. Partly because there wouldn't be mind control experiments.

Last edited:
Thinking it over, the idea of a werewolf anomaly is really overpowered to begin with. Perhaps instead it could be an anomaly that produces metal/ceramic blades or spines starting at the finger tips. Development could be as simple as bigger/more blades/spines
311a419547f5d672cfa938f200208b9d.jpg

I think werewolf can be a good theme for an anomaly, but rather than making it a passive that can't be hidden or uncontrollable state just make it like a transformation that can be controlled. Maybe having good nose and ability to grow claws can be a good start?

Probably George Probably George Ayama Ayama Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ey so like any of your charries giving off Strong Emotions in the room cuz like when Notti shows off her Anomally she gunna use her Emotive Bubble sense and she will pick up on them. lmk k?
I'd say Bask is pretty calm. Hawkshaw is just a little excited from Bask breaking the table, and a bit excited to potentially be leaving the city

Would y'all be interested in starting a discord? It could make communication go quicker and I've found it very helpful for drafting back and forth dialog between pc's

K so posted!!

So the whole mean guy and poor girlie outside the window doesn't need to be acted upon. But like go ahead and add, mod or react to it if you want k? Just making a bit of a subplot for Notti later on if it ever comes up but like it's so not a biggie

BittyBobcat BittyBobcat accepted! Really great work, I like the idea a lot more than my wormhole suggestion. Although weak now, the ability to mess with someone's decision making and judgement can be HUGE.
All I ask is a little more on how they became an anchor. Doesn't require much, just a body of water and no one else to hear.
And two people with debts to the mafia? I might just to make use of that later...

BittyBobcat BittyBobcat accepted! Really great work, I like the idea a lot more than my wormhole suggestion. Although weak now, the ability to mess with someone's decision making and judgement can be HUGE.
All I ask is a little more on how they became an anchor. Doesn't require much, just a body of water and no one else to hear.
And two people with debts to the mafia? I might just to make use of that later...
Oh, whoops, I guess my pun wasn't as clever as I thought. The voice was his cat (if that's allowed, otherwise I can change it), hence "caterwauling puddle." I'll get to adding some more elaboration on that in the CS now.

Thanks for the compliment. I briefly considered going a bit more physical with his powerset, but the appeal of cat with something off about it that no one can quite place was just too much for me to resist.

As for doing something with the debt... I did leave the details on the crime boss vague so they could be fine tuned for any opportunity that might come up later >:)

Probably George Probably George Edited! It was pretty short and sweet, hope you don't mind (although, I can always make give it a bit more :bishiesparklesl:pizzazz:bishiesparklesr: with more of a proper scene treatment if necessary, I just figured this would suffice)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back