• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Somewhere Only We Know

ChristalynChaos

The Lady of Chaos
Inspired by the song Somewhere Only We Know by Keane, this roleplay is about a group of friends and the world they imagined as children.

'Life drags people apart. It happens. But life also bring people back together. A group of childhood friends who have been separated for five years or so, finally reunite as high school graduates. To celebrate, one suggests game night. Who could say no to game night? The newest edition of Fantasy Worlds for Weirdos had come out and they were all up for some laughs. They decided to use the world they had created as children; the imaginary world they often played in. Through some odd will of this world imaginary world, the friends became trapped there, destined to fix a timeline gone wrong.

A heart hello to my lurkers that I know be lurkin ~

651-6513175_scarf-ugly-heart-by-short-blonde-hair-anime.png
Name: Wilhelm (William) Schönherr
Wilhelm was from germany and moved to the america with his father when he was around 9. He is very shy and has difficulty communicating with people. His father is a very successful businessman and rarely spends time with his son. Wilhelm developed the hobby of writing and wrote letters to his mother in Germany, preferring that over email and other more technological devices.
Wilhelm is known for being a little nerdy and not talking much. He was one of the top students and loved books, music and games. Since "Wilhelm" was not a normal name, his friends decided to call him William, Will for short.

~ In the perfect World ~

images.jpg
Name: Lucas Beveron
Training ; skills, class, etc: Lucas was a half-elf and one of the best healers in the world! He became known from his healing magic, but also his magical barriers and shields, which were said by many to be unbreakable. He uses a flying magical tome that is said to have been writen by the Goddess of Salvation.
Give us three interesting facts about the character: Lucas was very short for a half-elf, being called sometimes "Elven Dwarf". He usually takes a lot of time to heal and becomes very vulnerable. He loves cute animals, like cats and dogs.

~~

2095874.jpg
Name: Oliver Read
Oliver is very lively and, sometimes, problematic. He loves music, traveling and games. He is also lazy and hates books and learning in general.
Oliver is known for being very goofy and brave, knowing exactly when is the time to be one or another. He loves any type of adventure, whether it's camping and exploring a forest or some quest in a game.

~ In the perfect World ~

7476d07afb24c63044a384b1b809a63b.jpg
Name: Asriel Montblanc
Training ; skills, class, etc: Asriel was a human and a very skilled archer. He used magic to enchant his arrows. He was known as Asriel the Great and was the king of Etheria after usurping the throne from the previous king, who was hated by his people.
Give us three interesting facts about the character: Asriel loves dancing, either alone or with someone. He is awful with swords and any type of melee weapons. He found out he had become the king by election, having only helped in the revolution that deposed the previous king.

Last edited:
94b332fbb3b123ec07be1a8d3b91b728.jpg
Name: Veronica La'reaux
Veronica is a quick thinker. When presented with a situation she did not plan for, she quickly recalculates her situation and adapts. She likes to listen to New York jazz and sip margaritas. It is her only vice in the world - aside from her love for her little sister. She loves to volunteer at the local soup kitchen / old folks home. The old people are an inspiration and testament to ones will to live in her eyes.

My character is a powerful mage that wants recognition from the Mage's School.

~ In the perfect World ~

Delirium Aiba Ryosuke.jpg
Name: Delirium aka: Deli
Training ; skills, class, etc: She is a powerful conjuration mage, summoning creatures and weapons from the abyss.

Three Interesting Facts

She often rides along on a hydra instead of walking.
She is a clanless elf.
She has a terrible sweet tooth.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nikkie.jpg
Name: Nichole La'Reaux
Nichole is Veronica's younger sister. She loves and admires her big sister. A divorce means the two don't get to live together anymore. This makes Nichole very depressed. She doesn't come out of her room or talk to people much. This is different from the way she grew up. When she lived with her sister, Nichole was a very cheerful girl. She was also very cheery, always seen with a smile on her face.

My character is a pretty orc that will mess you up, but doesn't really want to.

~ In the perfect World ~

e28dc4e475f973dd93a68ac4ad6398c8.jpg
Name: Olghra No'Bartol
Training ; skills, class, etc: Olghra is trained in brawling, one handed weapons, dual wielding one handed weapons, and two handed weapons, make her a jack of all melee trades. As such, she has no ranged combat capability aside from throwing rocks :/

Three Interesting Facts

Olghra likes two handed weapons. People squish nicely.
She loves to gamble when she drinks.
She lives for bar fights.

Smoke hung heavily in the air. Not a stinky smoke, like burning plastic or burnt food but something far more pleasant. The smell of Turkish Apples washed over the living room as the smoke spread throughout it. Nichole lifted a long plastic hose to her lips, breathing in through a plastic mouth piece. Her brown eyes focused vacantly on the water percolating inside the hookah, the empty space filling with smoke. As she listened to the bubbling, she watched the smoke that built up inside the hookah. When her lungs seemed filled to capacity, she exhaled.

"Are you just going to smoke my hookah all day or do you intend to help me set up for the get together with the boys?" Veronica stood in the archway between the kitchen and the living room, hands on her hips. "Either or is fine, you know, but I mean," she paused to sound all serious like, but she couldn't. "I am kidding, of course." She ran a hand through her dreads before sighing contently. "That flavor just smells so good."

Nichole smiled at her older sister. "It tastes good too."

"I know, I bought it." Veronica stuck her tongue out, walking back into the kitchen. The tile countertops were all wiped down, she just emptied the trash, and a platter of snacks was already made, just waiting to be devoured. Planning ahead, she took out four glasses, a blender, a bottle of tequila, several juices, and some ice. She took one last nervous glance around the kitchen before she turned the light off and moved back into the living room.

The wooden floor was swept, the black shag rug in front of the couch was washed and vacuumed, the end tables were cleared off and the only thing that set on the coffee table was the hookah she'd bought a few months ago as her own house warming present -- not like her parents were interested. "Pass me that hose." Veronica checked the time as she gripped the hose on autopilot. "They should be here soon. Real soon." She puffed on the hookah quietly.

"It's okay Ronnie," Nichole said softly. "You guys were childhood friends, I am sure everything is okay."

"But five years.... We let time get away from us for five years." Veronica took another worried puff.

Nichole offered her older sister a soft smile. "Don't worry." She leaned back on the couch, a small throw pillow nestled behind her back. "Que sera, sera, remember."

Veronica ruffled her sister's curly brown hair. "Right, right. How'd you get so smart?"

Both girls sat quietly, passing the hookah between one another as they waited. As time ticked on, the living room grew more hazy, Veronica turned on some music, and Nichole began to complain about being hungry. The both women sat stone still. There was a knock at the door. "That must be them," Veronica said, her voice barely above a whisper. Slowly, she stood to her feet. As if in a trance she moved to the door and opened it. "Hello, it's so good too see you again."

Wilhelm walked slowly towards his father's office. He knew his dad was busy, but he had been delaying this for quite some time now. He stood in front of the office's door, took a deep breath and knocked. "Come in!" He heard his father's voice and slowly opened the door. "Papa... I need to ask you something..." Said the teenager, shyly. His father was sitting on his desk, writing on his computer. He looked much older than he was. "Mein sohn, can't you see that you father is busy, working?" Said the man, without taking the eyes off the computer.

Will lowered his head and said: "Es tut mir leid papa, but it's really important..." Insisted the boy. Wilhelm's father stopped typing and looked at his son with a serious face. "You have my attention." He said coldly. Wilhelm started fidgeting his hands, while still looking down. "You know father... Since I've just finished High School... M-My friends invited me... They invited me..."

Before he could finish, his father interrupted. "Mein sohn! What have I told you about stuttering?" Said the father with an angry tone. Will quivered at his father's words. "I'm sorry Vater..." Said the boy apprehensively. His father then made a confused face. "Friends? What friends? Those from your literature club?" Asked the man. The boy shaked his head. "Nein, vater. Some friends from five years ago! Don't you remember Oliver? He used to come here to play! He even slept her once!" Will's eyes shined, remembering his childhood friends. Though his father didn't share the same point of view. "Oh... The problematic kid..." Said Wilhelm's father, taking off his glasses and cleaning them with his shirt. "Didn't I tell you that I don't want you hanging around with that kind of people? They're bad influences for you, mein sohn."

"But father! He's not a bad influence! He's very nice and smart! He's already in college!" Contested Will. It was rare for him to go against his father like that, but he really wanted to see his friends... "What's he major?" Asks his father. Wilhelm looked down again and said, a little embarassed. "Photography..." His father sighed. "See what I mean? What do you even want to do with him?" Asked the old man. "We're going to our friend's home to play a game..." Said the boy enthusiastic.

" No. You're not allowed you to go!" Stated his father without questioning anything or even let the boy finish. "But father!" Said Wilhelm. "No means no, Wilhelm! I won't let you sleep at their house!" His father said angerly. "Please father! I've just graduated high school! Don't I deserve to celebrate? After having perfect grades and entering the University you wanted me to! Please! They're not bad people!" Insisted Wilhelm.

His father stood there looking at the boy for some time, before sighing. "Okay, mein sohn... You win. You can go to your friend's house! But just this time!" Said his father. "Now go, I have to finish this!"

Wilhelm nodded and left. After closing the door he jumped happily! Oliver might take some time to get here! I'll write mama a short letter before he arrives! Will thought to himself, as he walked to his bedroom. He sat at his desk, took a sheet of paper and started to write:

Meine liebe Mutter,
How have you been? I've recieved your last letter and I'm happy to know that you went on a trip to Paris! How's the city? Is it as pretty as the say? The city of love! You and Charles must be enjoying it, am I right? I can't wait for us to meet again! It has been so long since you payed me and papa a visit! You should come as soon as you're able! I miss you a lot!
Speaking of "it has been so long", remember Oliver and Veronica? You met them when you visited me, 5 years ago! Papa allowed me to go meet them! It has been years since I last talked to any of them! I miss them a lot! They're probably all grown up and independent now... And here I am... But anyway! I'm writing you to tell this and because I miss you!
I know this is a very short letter, but Oliver will arrive soon, so I don't have time to write more! I hope to recieve a letter from you soon enough!

Dein kleiner sohn, Wilhelm.
As Wilhelm finished writing the letter, he heard the doorbell ringing. It was Oliver! Will puts the letter inside an envelope, seals it and runs to the door. Before opening the door he screams "I'm leaving, papa!" Upon not hearing an answer he opens the door. He closes the door and, as he was turning around, he bumped into Oliver, who was much taller than him.

"Ouch..." Said Will. "Will! Long time no see buddy! How have you been?" Oliver said lively. He was very happy to see his friend after so long. Wilhelm smilled at his friend. "Oliver! I've been good! Studying a lot, you know my dad..." Oliver laughed. "He hasn't changed at all! Let's go! I brought my car!" Oliver says grabbing his friend's hand and walking to his car, that was parked in front of Wilhelm's house.

They got in and Will said "You drive already? So cool!" Oliver laughed. "You know you can start driving when you're 16, right?" "That's so cool! In Europe you can't until you're 18!" Will said, still amazed by the fact that his friend had a car.

They talked a lot during the trip to Veronica's house. Wilhelm couldn't help but feel nostalgic about the whole situation. He hadn't been with Oliver for almost 5 years! But, he was still amazed by how Oliver was as lively as he remembered. Oliver, on the other hand, was quite amazed by how inocent and young Will looked. He was almost the same as 5 years ago, small, frail and shy. But that didn't bother Oliver, it mad him feel more confortable. They arrived at Veronica's house, Oliver parked the car and they knocked at the door. Veronica opened the door and Will got extremely surprised by how mature she looked! She was, in his memory, just a little girl, who loved to play, but now, she looked like a grown up woman!

"Veronica! Long time no see! How have you been?" Oliver said as he entered the house, without being properly invited inside. "Excuse me..." Wilhelm said entering behind Oliver. Oliver went directly to the living room, where he found Nichole with a hookah. "Wow! Is that a hookah? Also, you must be Nichole, right? I'm Oliver! But you can call me Dadd-" Before he could finish his joke, Will hit him in the head. "Oliver! I'm sorry Nichole! He's just stupid!" Wilhelm appologized. "Hey! That hurt! How can you be so small, yet so strong?!" Oliver said mocking Will, before the blonde boy gave him a death glare, which made Oliver shut up.
"Anyway, how are you two?" Said Wilhelm, smiling.

Veronica was surprised both men looked exactly how she remembered them. Almost. Wilhelm was still the soft-spoken German she had become friends with, although he had grown into a handsome young man in the years they'd been separated. On the other, very loud, hand, Oliver was still a crazy red head. She smiled as both men walked in and closed the door, quietly. "I am so glad you could both make it. The newest edition of Table Top Creator is out with new world building guides. I made.... I made our imaginary world, Sarthnar." She stepped into the living room just in time to catch Wilhelm smacking Oliver upside the head. She was curious, but said nothing, turning her attention to her sister who was giggling on the couch.

"
You are quite right, I am Nichole," she said as her laughter died down. "And I will keep that in mind Oliver." Nichole chuckled again before she took a long drag from the hookah hose, and leaned back on the couch.

Veronica was even more lost. "
If you two want to have a seat, I made some snacks - mostly sandwiches and some finger foods. I also took out the stuff for margaritas if you would like a drink. If not I have water, juice, tea...." She fiddled with her fingers.

Nichole noticed this and sighed. "
Veronica, you sit down with your friends and I will take care of food and refreshments. I already know how you like your margaritas but what would you two like to drink?" She turned towards Wilhem and Oliver waiting to hear their requests as her sister sat down, taking up the hookah hose and taking a small, anxious puff from it. Veronica really wanted everything to be perfect and Nichole was more than happy to help her older sister.

Oliver's eyes sparkled and said "Wow, margarita!? That sounds cool! I want one of those! What about you, Will?" Wilhelm smiled gently and replied "Oh, no thank you! But I don't drink! My father would kill me if he ever dreamed of me near alcohol!" He replied politely... Oliver noticed that Wilhelm was still as polite as ever, but he didn't say anything. In fact, another thing catched his attention.

"Oh my god! I haven't heard that name in a long time! I thought you guys might have forgotten!" He said excited. He loved that imaginary world a lot! When they were little, he was always talking about it, and about how awesome it'd be if the world was real! "We would never forget! Your majesty, Asriel the Great!" Will joked and Oliver blushed a little. "Christ, you remember that too?? That's so embarrassing!" Oliver said covering his face ashamed. "I think it were very cute! Running around and claiming to be the king of 'Etheria'! It was really cool, though!" Wilhelm did remember a lot of their imaginary world, as if he always dreamed of "going back" to it! Oliver then looked at Veronica and joked. "What about you? Miss Delirium I'm-too-good-to-walk-so-I'll-just-ride-a-hydra! Will laughed at Oliver's joke.

Nichole smiled at the men's response. "So three margaritas and just some juice for blondie." Nichole walked off still smiling listening to the childhood friends as they reminisced. Veronica's kitchen was immaculate, of course. Having prepped already, it was a simple matter for Nichole put ice and strawberry-kiwi juice into the blender. She carefully opened the bottle of Jose Cuervo and began to pour the alcohol into the blender. After pouring what she assumed was several shots worth, she covered the blender and turned it on

------

Meanwhile Veronica was sitting on her couch, laughing happily. "Hey, you are just jealous that I never let you ride on it." She stuck her tongue out before passing the hookah hose to Oliver and Wilhelm. "I have more mouth pieces if you guys would like to take a few puffs. Otherwise I'll get it put away and set up the tabletop game." She stood from her spot on the couch and crossed over to the entertainment her large tv was on. She pulled open a small drawer and tossed out a bag of mouth pieces. They landed neatly on the couch. Squatting down, she opened another section of the entertainment center pulling out the tabletop map she drew along with character sheets and mechanical pencils. Under the TV was a sound bar which she turned on. It quickly connected to her phone. She took her phone from her pocket and began to play some calming music they would be able to play to.

As she stood up, ready to rejoin the group, Nichole entered the living room with a drink tray. "A strawberry-kiwi juice for Blondie and three margaritas for the rest of us." She handed Wilhelm his juice before handing Oliver his margarita. She took a seat on the couch beside him, sipping her own drink as Veronica took the last drink on the tray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back