Viewpoint Something you think is over/underdone?

There are plenty of RP genres that I see more of than I'd like due to my disinterest in them, but there's clearly a demand requiring a supply so I hesitate to call anything "overdone".

Underdone on the other hand... I gotta agree with the people above saying sci-fi, clearly a demand not being met here by the sounds of it (don't look at me for help though!). I'd love to see more historical roleplays (except for ones just about (European) royalty, not a fan), alternate history roleplays, and roleplays that focus on a variety of cultures (be they real or fictional)
YES FINALLY SOMEONE WHO SHARES MY SENTIMENTS!

I so badly want historical RP's that are not about European royalty, WW II, and all those other way overdone topics. I also love exploring other cultures and not a lot of RP's focus on people outside of North America and western/central Europe.

Antagonist RPs are pretty much nonexistent. VERY underdone.
RPs where the PCs are not painted as "good guys". And I don't mean anti-heroes. I mean the roleplay theme is one where the characters are obviously in the wrong for their actions. Story plot aside for justification, the readers would know that despite the individual character's motivations and rationalizations, that they are still the "bad guys" to varying degrees.

Zombie RPs. Don't get me wrong, me and a friend had an awesome one planned out with one hell of a twist...and it was gonna be FUN! But you tend to get a lot of them and it tends to all have similar story beats (even my one yes). Just like zombie games or zombie modes in games. Like come on, there's more then one type of way to drive the world into an apocalypse.

Zombie RPs. Don't get me wrong, me and a friend had an awesome one planned out with one hell of a twist...and it was gonna be FUN! But you tend to get a lot of them and it tends to all have similar story beats (even my one yes). Just like zombie games or zombie modes in games. Like come on, there's more then one type of way to drive the world into an apocalypse.
Obviously it's been a touchy subject for some since we were living in an actual pandemic, but personally I'd love to explore an apocalyptic scenario where a deadly disease wipes out most of humanity. Perhaps there could even be an element of time travel to try to prevent that like in the movie "Twelve Monkeys".

Obviously it's been a touchy subject for some since we were living in an actual pandemic, but personally I'd love to explore an apocalyptic scenario where a deadly disease wipes out most of humanity. Perhaps there could even be an element of time travel to try to prevent that like in the movie "Twelve Monkeys".
Yeah it's the main reason I never brought out a similar RP into fruition back in 2019 XD I have quite a few ideas and concepts I had to put on the back burner in recent years actually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back