• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Something Wicked This Way Comes: Carnival of Terror (Always Open)

H8becomesyou

Hate burns like a raging fire
tumblr_p731skhGlr1x0uneyo2_500.gif

Ladies and Gentleman!
Boys and Girls!
Step right up for a ghastly concoction of....
Delight! Horror! Fantasy and terror!
Your every wish is our command!
Your every whimsical desire brought to life!
But I warn you....there's always a price.

Welcome to the greatest show unearthed!

The Carnival of Terror!!

tumblr_pdtspkVne31xwt6f6o1_400.gif

You're stumbling through a dark deep forest.
No light to guide your feet.
In the distance you hear music.
You're drawn in, your feet through own accord carrying you.
A long path lays before you.
That does not stop you.
You try and fight it, but its no use.
When the large gate comes into view.
The top of the tent, the main attraction.
Your in wonder and awe.
The fear grips you, you can't pull away.
The moment you step foot beyond the gate.
Welcome my lovies to.....
The Carnival of Terror.

What I'm looking for with this. Is very basic. A carnival of terror and horror. All that step foot onto the grounds, are now stuck. You can try to get out. But none have been able to get away.
I would like to fill the ranks of my carnival. From the people that work it to the acts and side shows.
It will open to all. All manner of creatures and humans.
You will be able to let your mind run wild what you can make.
I would also like to have people come and visit or stay as it were.
You will have to find your way out of the carnival.
If you can that is.
None have so far.

Rules:
1. All site rules apply here.
2. You are allowed to play more then one. But if you do, make sure you're able to keep up. Don't overwhelm yourself.
3. Respect all in the group. (it will be a rather large group. If it gets off the ground. )
4. Please no one liners. Give everyone something to go off. It doesn't have to book. Just put some effort into it.
5. No god modding.
6. No killing of the others player. Only if agreed upon each other.
7. Have fun!!

Basic CS to us:

Name:
Looks: (please nothing drawn. Real if it all possible.)
Other: (you can put anything you like in here.)
Bio:

(Add to this if you like. Just a basic CS to us. Once you have picked your slot and enough interest in gathered for this. I'll make a thread for CS's to be placed. And then I'll approve them. I'll also be making a OOC thread, for any and all ideas that you might want to add to the group. And just general chatter as well if you can't post or have to leave the group.)

Open/Taken Roles, Sections that need filling.

Owner: H8becomesyou H8becomesyou
Clowns: Open. (more then one slot)
Food Vendors: NIAMH NIAMH (more then one slot)
Game Runners: Open (more then one slot)
Ride Runners: Open (more then one slot)
Carnival Goers: TheMulticorloredCyr TheMulticorloredCyr (more then one slot)
Side show workers: Lilith616 Lilith616
Gomenesigh Gomenesigh
Nightliss Nightliss (more then one slot)
Freak show: wicked wicked
A_Writer A_Writer (more then one slot)

If you would like to join the terror that is to come. Please comment below, the the slot that you would like. Any questions, please just ask. I will be happy to answer any and all questions.
I look forward to hearing from all of you.
Thank you for taking the time to read through my group request thread.

H8

Last edited:
I would like to possibly be a local that is drawn in and gets stuck. Maybe him and a few others can try and figure out how to get out of something? Like a group of five normal people that work together to get out? I'm not sure, just a thought.

I would like to possibly be a local that is drawn in and gets stuck. Maybe him and a few others can try and figure out how to get out of something? Like a group of five normal people that work together to get out? I'm not sure, just a thought.
Its possible for that to happen. I don't see why not. I just wanted to leave it open for others, in case some might need to bow out.

I would like to be a the tarrot card reading gypsy type? With crystal ball and everything? I have an idea for an interesting take on a demon entity bound to the carnival

I'd be interested in an acrobat or tight rope walker? Can either be a freak show character or not.

Last edited:
Okay this probably sounds very out there but what is your opinion on a dark fae working there that lures humans into the carnival by playing the flute? He or she could also be an acrobat in the show but If you dont like that then I can make just an acrobat if you need one.

I would like to be a the tarrot card reading gypsy type? With crystal ball and everything? I have an idea for an interesting take on a demon entity bound to the carnival
That would be just fine! I would love to see something like that.

I would be interested in a freak show character
Awesome!!! Which one would you like?
I'd be interested in an acrobat or tight rope walker? Can either be a freak show character or not.
That would be up to you, if he/she is or not.
Okay this probably sounds very out there but what is your opinion on a dark fae working there that lures humans into the carnival by playing the flute? He or she could also be an acrobat in the show but If you dont like that then I can make just an acrobat if you need one.
You can put whatever take you would like on he or she. Dark fae are welcome. You aren't limited to humans with this.

Hey, so this would be my first RP on this site (I'm pretty new to the hobby as a whole as well), so I'm going to use a more familiar character if that's alright (with a few adjustments for setting purposes). She's an assassin by trade, so I was thinking maybe her employer sent her to kill someone at the circus? Maybe I could collaborate with another player to have their character be her target or something?

Otherwise, she could easily have just been sent to check it out. Like, her boss noticed some odd happenings going on around there and wanted her to see if he had any competition to deal with (he runs this really big, kinda complicated crime syndicate).

H8becomesyou H8becomesyou , would you have space for a freak show character who would possess fire manipulation powers, and fill that classic "fire eater" carnival role sort of thing?

TheMulticorloredCyr TheMulticorloredCyr , if you don't work something else out with another character and mine is accepted, I'd be happy to team up with you on that idea

Hey, so this would be my first RP on this site (I'm pretty new to the hobby as a whole as well), so I'm going to use a more familiar character if that's alright (with a few adjustments for setting purposes). She's an assassin by trade, so I was thinking maybe her employer sent her to kill someone at the circus? Maybe I could collaborate with another player to have their character be her target or something?

Otherwise, she could easily have just been sent to check it out. Like, her boss noticed some odd happenings going on around there and wanted her to see if he had any competition to deal with (he runs this really big, kinda complicated crime syndicate).

Awesome!! I do hope you enjoy it!!! It might be a little hard to have someone like that. But I say go for it. She might not be able to leave. But you're welcome to spin her how you like. Human's are allowed, if she happens to be human.

Where do we put our CSs?
I'll be getting the thread ready tonight, so you all can post them there.

H8becomesyou H8becomesyou , would you have space for a freak show character who would possess fire manipulation powers, and fill that classic "fire eater" carnival role sort of thing?

TheMulticorloredCyr TheMulticorloredCyr , if you don't work something else out with another character and mine is accepted, I'd be happy to team up with you on that idea

Sure do! Its awesome to have you!!

I'm thinking former Ringmaster turned conman and criminal who wanted to remind himself why he left the carnival industry and maybe make off with some stolen merchandise.

I'm thinking former Ringmaster turned conman and criminal who wanted to remind himself why he left the carnival industry and maybe make off with some stolen merchandise.
Unless you want to be the father of MC. Because with her backstory, took over for him. He's an immortal.

Unless you want to be the father of MC. Because with her backstory, took over for him. He's an immortal.
Maybe the character I have in mind used to own a different carnival, but he's a lot like the MC's father. I just had in mind a sleazy conman who tries to use his knowledge about carnivals to try and scam his way through only to be met with a madhouse of monsters and nightmares.

Maybe the character I have in mind used to own a different carnival, but he's a lot like the MC's father. I just had in mind a sleazy conman who tries to use his knowledge about carnivals to try and scam his way through only to be met with a madhouse of monsters and nightmares.
I think that is a great idea!

Ok, everyone. Post your CS here. I look forward to seeing them all!

Thinking about making a guy who can talk to animals :). If someone makes a shape shifter character who wants to transform into the animals that will only just barely (maybe lol) stop and not attack our carnival goers with his cue, let me know. Could be a fun dynamic :)

Otherwise, I could use real animals.... or just make him have that power and be a food stand dude

Thinking about making a guy who can talk to animals :). If someone makes a shape shifter character who wants to transform into the animals that will only just barely (maybe lol) stop and not attack our carnival goers with his cue, let me know. Could be a fun dynamic :)

Otherwise, I could use real animals.... or just make him have that power and be a food stand dude
I was thinking of making a shifter. If you want to pair up we can. All up to you! :) I say go with the first!!! :)

I'm going to playing more then one in this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back