Chitchat Something to Say...

KosmischeTed160

Video Game Artist
So first off, my wi-fi was down yesterday. As such, I read last months newsletter this morning. And I LOVED it!

You see, my school used to do newsletters, and they were pretty neat. Unfortunately, they stopped doing them recently. But it makes me happy to see that I still have one to look forward to.

But I'll get on with what I really want to say. And that's that I feel...

Well, I dunno the word for it. I feel less than adequate. I feel like everyone else knows more than I do. I feel like I'm just a kid who uses average text because I don't know bbcode. I don't know... Something about seeing all these awesome people on that Newsletter made me feel like I could be in there someday. I just wish I knew how to get in there.

But... I guess if I just keep doing what I'm doing and improving, maybe I will get in that Newsletter. Heck, maybe I could even help write it! Maybe... But I guess we'll never know until it happens, will we?

Thanks for reading my rant.

Heya.

Don't worry, I always feel less than adequate when I look at all those BBCode masters out there. However, I always think about the things I am good at. Writing stories, lore, characters, and just other things. What matters is that you do your best, and you keep doing your best until your best is better than what your best was the day before. Keep going for something that really matters, and think on what really matters, because not everyone is given enough time to achieve what they'd like.

So, yes, one day you may be writing that newsletter. Don't let anyone else's opinions get in the way of what you want or what your opinions are. Just because you aren't someone amazing or awesome in another's eyes doesn't make you any less of another individual. Maybe those people are better than you at something, maybe a lot of things. But, I can assure you, by whatever you hold dear, there is absolutely always going to be something you can be better at than somebody else. Whether it's flipping a pencil over a gap between two desks or simply carving wood, you're always going to have an edge over somebody else. And, one day, someone is going to look at what you're good at and believe that you're an amazing individual, whether you know it or not.

KosmischeTed160 said:
I feel like I'm just a kid who uses average text because I don't know bbcode.
BBCode user here ( :) )

Writing in plain text is completely fine, there's nothing wrong with it. BBCode can make things look fancy, but there are plenty of cases where using BBCode to decorate your posts isn't really the best choice. (I'm looking right at you, people who use unreadable fonts/colors in every single post >.>)

You don't have to know how to use BBCode to be more than adequate. I only learned it because it seemed fun, and I had an idea for it at the time. I only have macros for Fandom characters, but sometimes I either don't want to use them or am playing an OC. At those times it's perfectly fine to use normal text. BBCode is fancy when used right, but not required to make an impression.

Just thought I'd throw that out there (^.^)

Thanks, both of you. You really made me feel better. I do sculpting, but my teacher doesn't seem to like my methods... My parents say I'm great at it, but parents are supposed to say stuff like that, so...

KosmischeTed160 said:
Thanks, both of you. You really made me feel better. I do sculpting, but my teacher doesn't seem to like my methods... My parents say I'm great at it, but parents are supposed to say stuff like that, so...
No problem (^.^) Focus less on the fancy box surrounding your text and more on the text itself and people will pay just as much attention to you.

i feel for you, ted buddy-o, i've been in the same situation myself and sometimes i dip back into that frame of mind.

it's a viscious rut to get stuck in because it really makes you feel like you aren't worth anything, when actually the opposite is true. if you have the motivation and time to learn something, eventually you will know it. if you have the self-awareness to know your place and expect an appropriate reaction from others, you're worth people's respect - and you're better than the big-headed folks who like to profess their intelligence and language proficiency at every opportunity.

i'll just tell you this right now: don't put all of your energy into worrying about the stuff you fail at. everyone fails at lots of things all through their lives. but the people who come out on top despite their failures are the people who put their energy into getting better. right? riiiight? so basically all you've gotta do is keep going and you'll get where you want to be.

if bbcode is something you want to start getting better at, just find a cool-looking post, +quote it into a reply and paste it into your private workshop. then start messing around until you get something original and something that looks cool. ...that's basically what i've just spent this entire day doing. as long as the result doesn't look too similar to what you're taking lessons from, there should be no problem with using it in your own posts.

edit: i just noticed your avatar. lie on the floor & feel like garbage wimme bro?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back