• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Something in the Orange

Carmen stood tall as she walked into the large dining hall, looking over to where her fiancé sat. A man she barely knew but for the good of both families had been pushed into a relationship with. She went to sit with him, keeping slightly turned away and not saying a word.

Bill smirked a little as he made his way into the florists, a little saunter to his walk. He always liked being sent to collect cash drops from t this place, gave him an excuse to talk to the woman who owned it

Aemond looked over at the door when he heard it open. He gave a small smirk seeing his fianceé come in finally from whatever it was she had been doing. He hadn't cared enough to remember. He hated this, but he was atleast thankful that they had chosen a beautiful woman for his bride.

Max looked up from the customer she was helping when she heard the bell on the door ding "I'll be right with you!" She said cheerfully before she finished ringing the customer up. Once the customer was gone she followed them out and locked the door placing an 'Out to Lunch' sign on the door. She had been paying the mob since she had bought the place out from the former owner. While she hated it, but they did always keep her shop safe. She motioned Bill to follow her back sighing some "Here, this is all I have right now. Tell Aemond the rest will be here by the end of the week."

As soon as the food was put in front of them, she began to eat, not bothering to wait for anyone else but she did finally turn to look at him a little. "Where is it we're going for your business tomorrow?" She asked him frowning some. He'd asked her to join him so that it would show face to have his woman by his side even if it was very early days for them yet and despite everything, she did hope that they could find some way to at the very least care about each other at some point. She refused to face a life of misery.

Bill glanced over it all and did a quick count, nodding a little "Tell them to hurry up and drop off the rest. Don't want the boss sending me after them myself." He told her with a glint in his eye "How's business been?" He asked her, plopping down into the desk chair she had in the back, slouching into it and smiling up at her. He liked this woman, appreciated the way she handled the mob, thought she was beautiful and he liked that she never seemed scared of him or freaked out by him

Aemond frowned as she started to eat without care to anyone else. He started to eat his as well watching everyone around him. "A charity gathering, its an art auction." He muttered. He wasn't really wanting to put forth effort for this. They needed to show face but he really could care less about it all.

Max laughed a bit and nodded "Already done." She said giving him a small smirk. She watched him plop in the chair and shrugged "Pretty good, can't complain." She explained. She sat down infront of him watching him some "So are you in town for a while? Haven't seen you in some weeks."

She frowned and watched him. “And what’s the dress code?” She asked him. They were going to be moving in together next week and only had a few weeks to go before the wedding but she felt like she’d made no progress with him at all.

He nodde. “Business trip.” He told her. “Back home.” He smiled. “What are you getting up to tomorrow night?” He asked her plainly

Aemond sipped at his drink watching her a bit "Business casual, nice dress but not black tie." He said quietly looking her up and down "I have made a room for you, I will not force you to lay with me." He said in a softer tone. He wasn't completely stone cold, he didn't want her completely miserable or else his life would be.

Max gave a small smile and shrugged some "Just watching movies at home. Wanted a little relax night." She explained before leaning forward a bit to be closer to him "Why? You trying to do something?"

She nodded and sighed a little, "Thank you... I appreciate that... We're just gonna have to make the most of the situation I guess." She mumbled, leaning back and staring out at the people when his brother came by to talk to him.

Bill smiled and shrugged "I could be... What kind of movies do you like to watch?" He asked her curiously, "Maybe we could go to the movies. Together?" He asked her

Aemond gave a small nod before he began talking to his brother. Once the lunch was over he walked out with Carmen sighing heavily "Please tell your brother I'd like to speak with him when he gets a chance." He said frowning a bit.

Max smiled a bit "I like comedies, rom-coms, and 80's movies." She said watching him more "Mmm maybe...what movie were you thinking?" She asked with an intrigued look on her face.

She frowned and shook her head. “I’m not your messenger Aemond. Tell him yourself.” She muttered, getting in the car with him.

He smiled and nodded. “Alright. Next week. Place closes at what? 7? I’ll pick you up at 8 for dinner and a movie.” He told her.

Aemond glared at her a bit shakimg his head some "He seems to come quicker when you ask." He muttered as he got in the car with her.

Max smiled some and gave a small nod "Yeah I think that sounds great." She said biting her lip gently. This wasn't the first time he had tried to asl her out, at first she had said no, but after a few more times she had agreed. Sadly, the date never happened as he had been called for work right before.

She sighed a little and shook her head, "Whatever." She muttered. The next two weeks were much of the same and she was getting sick and tired of him being so cold with her when she knew he had it in him to care. His own sister had assured her of that but she was at least having a catch up with a good friend for now, enjoying the peace and quiet away from him. "So, what's this new man I've been hearing about from your lovely assisstant? She was telling me all about it when I came to pick up some flowers yesterday." She told her, smiling a little

Bill had seen it happen, heard the god awful wet ripping noise as the knife cut one of his closest friends across the face and still there was not a single worry there while he lounged in Aemond's office and their private medic tended to him, "What a shame about the pretty face." He chuckled, watching him looking miserable as ever. "Hey... you got the goods from it at least." He pointed out, sighing heavier when there was still no response except grunts of pain "You're boring me." He muttered, getting up and going for the packet of cigarettes in his coat pocket.

Max sat at the small coffee shop down the street with an old friend just chatting about life. She had been seeing Bill since their date and she was starting to get hopeful that thos could lead to an actual relationship and not just a fling. She gave a small laugh and shrugged some "Well yeah somewhat...we've had a good few dates. I'm hoping it does lead somewhere. His name is Bill, he picks up the payments sometimes." She explained

Aemond grunted and groaned as the medic worked on him. He had been getting work in on a debtor but the son of a bitch had gotten a sneak hit on him. A knife to the eye and he was sure it was done for. He sighed as he medic pulled back from him as Bill left the room " Its done for isn't it?"

She tensed a little. “Bill? As in works with aemond bill? Oh sweetie that is…. Turn and run now. That man is a ticking time bomb and when he eventually snaps god knows how many people will get hurt.” She muttered, glancing down at her phone and seeing a text from the man himself. “Speak of the devil…. Aemond has… he’s what?! Max I uh… hey I gotta run but I’ll text you later okay? I’ll come by the shop tomorrow as well. My kitchen needs some new decoration.” She muttered, chucking cash for her drinks on the table and legging it to the car, driving down to the offices and headed straight in, going to his room and barged in, not caring what other people were in there, not paying them any attention but she immediately saw him being treated at his desk. “What happened?!” She asked quickly, stepping over and looking it over, frowning.

Bill sent the message to carmen to let her knew, figuring that none of the others would bother and soon picked up the phone to call max, “hey beautiful, I’m gonna head out of work early. Incident happened. You wanna go walk round the block?” He asked her, smiling a little.

Max gave a small frown and shook her head some as she listened to her. She didn't think Bill was all that bad, a bit of a temper sometimes? Yes. But she thought he seemed to be a good man. She gave her a nod as she saw her looking at her phone "I'll see you then!" She called to her before paying for her drink as well. She smiled hearing her phone go off with Bill's ringtone. She answered and gave a small nod "Hey there...yeah I like that sound of that."

Aemond frowned some as he heard his fianceé's voice enter the room. Though the look on his face soon turned to a surprised expression seeing her actually there "Just a clumsy mistake...nothing to worry about. I'll live." He said to her groaning softly as the throbbing pain his head was in "Get me some pain killer won't ya? And send everyone else out." He muttered to the medic grabbimg Carmen's hand as she went to leave "You don't have to go.."

She frowned and just nodded. “Is it gone?” She asked, turning to the doctor who just nodded. “There’s nothing I can do to save the eye. You will need to come down to the practice so we can take care of it all soon as possible but for now take these every four hours and get some rest,” he told him, leaving them be. She frowned and just sat on the edge of his desk and watched him. “You might not be interested in me but you are to be my husband and I care about your well-being. Don’t look so surprised.” She told him.

Bill nodded. “I’ll meet you at your shop in a few minutes.” He smiled, hanging up and heading over there, immediately taking her hand once she arrived, walking with her. “How was your catch up with carmen?” He asked her curiously.

Aemond gave her a very small smile watching her "I understand....but I did not expect you to care about me in any way." He said softly reaching and taking her hand gently in his "Thank you for coming here. I know you do not think it, but I do care about you as well and I want for you to be happy here."

Max smiled happily as Bill came in and took his hand in hers. She gave a small nod and walked with him "Yeah I did, going to see her again sometime next week." She said giving his cheek a kiss.

She frowned and just squeezed his hand gently. “Aemond…. I want us to be happy. Whether either of us wanted this or not, we should make the most of it. Or just be miserable the rest of your life but I would rather try and find love.” She told him. “We should get you home, I’ll go with you to the practice tomorrow to get it all sorted.” She told him quietly.

He nodded and smiled a little. “That sounds good. How did you get to now her then? Cause until recently the two families never worked together.” He pointed out, raising an eyebrow curiously

Aemond watched her in awe complety taken aback. He didn't think she would want this or to even try. He gave another small toothless smile "You are something else." He said softly before standing up and taking the pain meds quickly.

Max gave a small smile "The shop, she came in a few times and this was before I owned the place. We hit it off and became friends." She explained to him.

“Come on, I’ll drive us home.” She murmured, giving his hand a squeeze, “did you guys at least finish the job?” She asked him quietly.

He nodded and smiled a little. “Do not spying for each other’s families. Good.” He chuckled a little. “What do you want to do for dinner?” He asked her, pulling her into his side a little more with an arm across her shoulders

Aemond gave a small nod as he walked out with her "Yeah we did, got a good bit of money too." He said with a small smirk on his face. He walked down to car with her and gave a small sigh "What were you up to?"

Max smiled happily resting her head against him a bit "I've never met her family really. Saw her brother one time but that was it." She explained before smiling more "Oh I'd love some italian food, some good pasta sounds great."

She smiled. “Catching up with a friend. Careful.” She mumbled seeing him stumble down the steps a little. “Got my dress fitted. Final one, the dress your mother wants.” She muttered rollong her eyes a bit.

He nodded and pulled his phone out, calling up the best place in town and making a last minute reservation after talking to them for a couple minutes, smiling at her. “Don’t. We got a table for six thirty.”

Aemond chuckled some stumbling a bit as he tried to get down the stairs "I did try to convince her to stay out of it. You should atleast be able to choose the dress." He explained before getting in the car with her.

Max was ready to get going when he told her to stop "Oh okay...you didn't need to do that. We could have eaten at a little pizzeria." She said laughing softly before kissing his cheek gently

She smiled a little. “I don’t think it was entirely your mothers idea though either to be fair.” She told him, taking them home and left him to go lay down and rest.

He smiled. “It’s an Italian place sweetheart.” He told her. “Always got a table spare when I call.” He chuckled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back