• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Something Else Lurks With Them (a sort of zombies in space rp)

PetitePandaBear

One Time Luck
Alarms blared. Red lights and scarlet shadows were pressed against thick, metal walls, sirens resounding through the hallway.
They were here, and we were trapped…

Publicized, inexpensive space travel, the grandest dream of humanity, finally came true in 2063 when a meteor collision deposited valuable minerals at the cost of millions of lives. The collision occurred in rural Pennsylvania, prompting NASA to relocate and renew their space programs. Sustainable space travel was made available in 2086, and shortly thereafter, the first flight school was opened (the Flight Academy for Space Exploration, FASE). As technology advanced and more pilots were trained, the UN came into an agreement concerning space exploration, and together they sent out small colonist operations in search of Goldilocks planets. By 2094 the first colonies were established, but life was brutal for the colonists. Foreign plants and life forms were difficult to navigate, and many colonists died from poisoning, malnutrition, and disease. To remedy this, members of the newly formed International Committee for Space Enterprises (ICSE) recruited teams of scientists on earth to create vaccinations for alien diseases. Starting in 2125, these vaccinations were sent out to colonies in need, and for the most part, they proved to be successful. Life began to improve for colonists as research and testing helped them become more accustomed to their respective planets.

Now, the year is 2143. Welcome to the SS Damascus, a voyage vessel headed for the colony planets on the outskirts of a nearby galaxy. Aboard the ship are a team of scientists, navigators, and mercenaries, all working together to deliver the essential vaccines. Things take a turn for the worse when corpses containing essential antibodies go missing and crew members blame each other for the mysterious happenings on board. Little do they know, something else lurks with them.

RULES
Hey everyone! I’m looking for a small to medium ish group of rpers who are willing to take on a semi-literature style of roleplay (at least a decent sized paragraph per response). Here are the available roles:
Scientist (3-4):
Mercenary (3-4):
Navigator (1):
Relationships and connections should be established before roleplaying starts, and you should be able to post at least once a day (we’ll be doing it in a cycle to make sure no one gets left behind).

For your character please include the following information:
Name:
Age (21-35):
Face Claim/Physical Description:
Role: scientist, mercenary, navigator (aka co-pilot) reply to the thread or pm me your choice and as long as we're not overloaded with people, you'll get who you want.
Face Claim/Physical Description:
Personality:
Flaws:
Interested in romance?: (yes or no)

CHARACTER AVAILABILITY:
Captain: PetitePandaBear PetitePandaBear
Co-Pilot (Navigator): Bronco Bronco
Scientists: g r i m g r i m
Mercenaries: Viper Actual Viper Actual

Last edited:
My Character
Name: Cadence Joelle (CJ) Schuler
Age (21-35): 24
Role: Captain of the SS Damascus
Face Claim: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a2/09/d0/a209d094dae9248975b048812d50a884.jpg
Personality: CJ is a very headstrong individual who likes to get her own way. She strives for perfection and often has a difficult time listening to input from others. On the positive side, she is appropriately concerned about her crew, her friends, and anyone in her care. For her, loyalty comes first and if someone betrays her, it cuts deep. She can be skeptical at times, but once she gives her trust, she’s in it for the long run. Her greatest aspiration in life is to be recognized by the ICSE for honorable service as a pilot. Overall, CJ has a kind heart and while she can come across and being rough around the edges, she values relationships and will do her best to be a worthy friend.
Flaws: Selfish, Stubborn, Proud
Dislikes: When she is confronted (especially when she knows she’s wrong), Mercenaries
Interested in romance?: yes, preferably with a male mercenary

hey there, I'm interested in claiming that co-pilot role. Is it alright if I claim that for now, a bit late on my end to make a cs.

Interested in playing one of the mercenaries, though my job schedule keeps me from posting every day.

I’m new to this site and not exactly sure how applications work here, so I hope this is alright. 🤭

Name
Nevisca Serán is her full legal name. In Spanish, it means ‘snow will be.’ She was given no middle name, and is only ever called her full first name by her parents. To friends and coworkers, the woman goes by Nevi. And occasionally, Nev.

Physical Description:
Standing at an even five and a half feet, Nevi reaches the average height for an adult woman. Short, molasses brown hair is bobbed at her shoulders, wisps often falling across her face as she never ties it back. Though her frame is slight, her strength and muscularity is evident in toned arms and calves; for the rest of her skin is always hidden beneath modest jumpsuits of olive green, grey, or black.

Role:
Scientist
At age 24, Nevi graduated from a Houston university with a degree in Extraterrestrial Horticulture, specializing in aeroponics.

Personality:
As a forthcoming, outgoing, and brash person, Nev can sometimes come off at first as rude or bossy. Which isn’t entirely wrong. She likes to get her way, which she always thinks is the best, and isn’t afraid to point out what she thinks someone else is doing wrong. Nevi enjoys a good laugh, even if it might be at another’s expense, but she’ll always make sure they know not to take it personally. Despite her recklessness with words and actions, Nevi strives to stay on everyone’s good side. In general, she’s bold, friendly, and down-to-earth, but never far from interjecting her audacious ideas or opinions.

Flaws:
Recklessness, stubbornness, rash decision making, (and being absolutely disastrous at flirting.)

Peace, winning a fight or an argument, plants, guns, tattoos, and the color green.

Dislikes:
People as headstrong as herself, pork, the color orange, and being sick.

Romance:
When the time is right.​

[class=container] --main: #C1C6CC; --accent: #12161F; position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 18.5em; height: 25em; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; background-color: var(--main); padding: 0.5em; box-shadow: 5px 5px 0px var(--accent); [/class] [class=pic] position: relative; width: 97%; height: 100%; color: #fff; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/A5n85NZ.jpg); background-size: 135%; text-align: left; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; width: auto; height: 1.5em; font-size: 1.5em; color: var(--accent); text-transform: lowercase; text-align: left; padding-top: 14em; font-weight: 700; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px white; overflow: hidden; padding-left: 1.5em; letter-spacing: 10px; [/class] [class name=name state=hover] padding-top: 1em; padding-bottom: 15em; background-color: var(--main); transition-duration: 0.3s; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; height: auto; color: var(--accent); overflow: visible; padding: 15px 5px 15px 5px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=circlepic] width: 5em; height: 5em; border-radius: 30em; margin-left: 2em; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/VeQcX72.jpg); background-size: 100%; margin-top: 1em; box-shadow: 3px 3px 0px var(--accent); transition-duration: 0.1s; [/class] [class name=circlepic state=hover] background: url(https://i.imgur.com/CcBwCnb.jpg); background-size: 150%; background-position: 30% 10%; transition-duration: 0.1s; [/class] [class=content] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 20em; height: 25em; color: #fff; padding-right: 2em; [/class] [class=postinfo] font-size: 0.5em; color: var(--accent); text-align: center; margin-left: -3em; line-height: 2em; text-shadow: 0.75px 0.75px 0px white; letter-spacing: 0em; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.25; [/class] [div class=container][div class=content] [div class=pic] [div class=name]
↓ ruthless.
[div class=circlepic][/div]
[div class=postinfo]Name: Danica McCreedy
nickname: Dani
face claim: Sawaka Cosplay
role: Mercenary [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=text]
Personality:
Danica is a rough and tumble kind of girl. Never one to back down from a challenge and definitely doesn't take no for an answer. Dani fancies herself as 'one of the boys' and feels more comfortable with men than women. While she is short in stature she has never let that get in her way. She is not above stepping on someone's foot to bring them down to her level. Even when dealing with people she actually cares for she has a hard exterior and shows tough love.

Flaws:
Danica can be very reactive. She sometimes doesn't think before she speaks. She is very impulsive outside of the battlefield and has a short fuse, making her susceptible to start fights or generally get into trouble.

+ Fights
+ Beer
+ Winning
+ Gambling
+ Naps

Dislikes:
- Losing
- Crying
- Coffee
- Romantic gestures
- Cold weather

Interested in romance?: