Other Someone convince me

So what should I be doing to have a good role play?

Because more and more recently I have been really psyched to start a roleplay then something happens and it's gone.

Does anyone know of any other roleplay sites because I seem not to be finding any people I can rp with on here...

There is one website I’m frequently on but I’m not sure I’m allowed to mention it because it has a mature section. I’ll rp with you if you’d like

It's a gamble, really. I never ghost RPs, and guess how many I finished nonehteless? None. I have a mate who we play for many years now with, and he's amazing, and I love him. But it's not about this specific website - there are as many people poofing on others anywhere else.

That being said, I am open for one or two games at the moment, so if you want to, you can PM me for brainstorm.

See here’s the really tough thing about RPing... unless you have a dependable friend or several, you’re not guaranteed to have an RP that will succeed. I’ve learned this over the years that it isn’t exclusive to just one site, like RPN. But it seems to be an issue with all. Doing an RP is something we do as a hobby, not a job. There is technically no “obligation” to continue to RP with someone, though I feel that it’s absolutely shitty to just ghost. I’ve learned this over the years on several occasions. I’ve had one RP become successful that I started. And for that one successful one, there was maybe 4, 5, or 6 that I started on my own that failed to get even page the first page. And when I add in others I’ve joined that ended up failing, the number jumps up even more. And sometimes, people just disappear from the site for whatever reason and tell no one in advance. RP’s tend to start really hot, and die very quick unless you have a good group of writers who will dedicate themselves to be transparent with the others and to keep writing in it.

It’s really crappy, and really disheartening. You can lose all motivation. But so long as you find at least one person who is someone who is transparent and seemingly on the site consistently, your chances at getting a successful RP really go up. It can happen, so don’t lose all fate. It’s just, unfortunately, really difficult.

I'm a floater of other sites and have come here as my hope for roleplay salvation...
All I can say is just...don't give up hope? There's constantly people from the olden days resurfacing and a new generation finding interest in roleplay. So like...there's still fish in the sea.

First no one can post a link to another site as it’s against the rules.

Second - I myself recently had to take a sharp decline in roleplaying because my boss told me I could no longer roleplay during downtime at work. So I have to wait until I’m off work to reply and most of the time I’m just too tired.

And that’s not something I could have planned for. I certainly didn’t get any warning my boss was going to talk to me before it happened. And I most definately told my partners when I was informed and they chose to leave.

And that’s just the most recent example of random real life things popping up to derail a roleplay. I have had family deaths, prolonged illnesses, computer failures, final exams (a person had to retake a class), etc. all pop up out of the blue.

I’ve also just had people realize the roleplay wasn’t what they wanted or that we didn’t have compatible personalities.

It happens all the time and changing roleplay sites isn’t going to help. Because real life and lack of compatibility are universal issues.

I would say your best bet is just keep looking on here. This is far and away the best RP site out there.

Patience, communication, and realistic expectations are a godsend with roleplays. If you can’t find a partner right away why not take up other hobbies as you wait? Maybe talk to the people on the site for show recommendations or make a thread about games you like.

I mostly hang out in the discussion forum far more than actual roleplays and it suits me fine. I got something to do while I am waiting on a partner nor does my enjoyment of the site rest on someone roleplaying with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back