• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Some Thoughts

RunawayGirl

Pro-Escapist of Reality

So....I posted this originally on my own profile's "wall". And I figured maybe those of whom do not check profile posts, might find this note to be useful. I wrote this as an apology to those who have attempted to reach out and RP with me, or initiate one and I left them dangling for a while or even forgot to respond, long enough where the conversation disappeared from the conversation drop bar and I simply forgot.

The only advice anybody can give is, if you wanna be a writer, keep writing. And read all you can, read everything.
Stan Lee

"Hey guys. I don't know who even reads my updates but here we go. For all of you who I may have not gotten back to in the past; I have family emergencies, obligations, of many these past couple years. Everyone is in good health it is simply put we just haven't had the best of luck yet we seemingly have been blessed. It's a very confusing love/hate situation. And I just want to write a bit of an apology. I am one of those people, as I am of many on here who hate ghosting, being ignored, quite. Blatantly. And if I have done this to you? I did not mean to do it in the SLIGHTEST. I can promise that no matter what dynamic you and I have. I am a respectful person, and I had many growing pains adjusting to this community because a whole lot of people are indeed blatant and even go as far as blocking. In the end; I am sorry. I don't want any vendettas against me as I have felt for many early on, that I have learned to let go. But to those, who maybe, may or may not have one against me and just someone in general please, do keep in mind: THIS. Is where we escape. We grow and challenge ourselves in our own worlds we make up and create together. We are trusting YOU. A complete stranger to inhibit our little world. And if you need an escape, even if it's just for fun, more often than not; there is a ever so demanding reason behind it whether its family, it's mental, etc. You may do this simply for fun, good for you! It doesn't matter we are the same here. But what I AM saying, is we get wrapped up no matter what we do. Please be kind to one another, create beautiful things; it's more magical than you think."

In writing this, it sprung the idea of how important this community truly is. We have members here with physical disabilities, some mental illnesses, or overall just complicated lives, stress, maybe even just pure boredom, heck, simply to improve their writing skills. With all of this being said, I think a lot of us forget this. The volume, magnitude in what a community we live in. Without this place; there are very few sites or even communities where you can do, what we exactly do right here.

This place, and everyone in it? Gives us, as a whole, a place to escape, practice and let our imaginations run wild and build a safe place of our own creation, perhaps even with the little help of a partner you met here. And maybe that little world is in fact one of the few escapes your partner has and is silent. Silent. Because, they wish not to allow that other world to touch this one! Even if it's as simple as a terrible day at work. Perhaps, the friend you had here that had a beautiful roleplay that disappeared out of thin air had an emergency, life caught up to them in some way and just needed to run but didn't want to share personal reasons as to why. Whatever the reason; please remember. As this place is of our own creations as well as the creators that gave us the ability of free reign to do so, to escape. Do remember, to please, ground to reality for one second when it comes to others and response time, ghosting, and other time managing or even attitude changes. Love one another, because not only is this place for creativity, it's for unity.

It wasn't until recently; being a nerd, a coder, a geek, fanboy/girl/fan, LGBTQI+, gamers, was acceptable or even cool. Even now, in some places, somewhere, we are still outcasts. Maybe even some of our own within our RPN community whose only outlet is this site. Despite all the hate, and weird looks from our peers and generations before us; look at what happened. Look at the conventions we host world-wide. Comic-Con, live action gaming, Twitch, Discord, gaming and robotics competitions and it only spirals from there. Booths at comic-cons for local vendors, making nerd merchandise and craftsmanship, even literature. The freedom, to pretend without someone praying over your soul, at least, in these SAFE locations. shhh your opinion Margaret, Jesus doesn't care if the humans have fun. It wasn't until recently you weren't a total creep for writing on Wattpad to write fanfiction. No, instead now there are competitions and AWARDS for what we write. It's finally recognized as art. Why? Because we all came together and recognized regardless of where we come from, who we are, the color of our skin and who we love, we are all the same. No matter the numbers, and how far and few in between we started out, we slowly came out of our shells when the rest saw how accepting and understanding we were of one another and how we could make this work and stand up for one another.

This is a culture, and a family. Numbers mean nothing, community means everything. Remember where you come from, see it in yourself and what we stand for here. Respect one another, try to understand. Sometimes life is a little hard for all of us, and regardless of how accepted you are you can still feel the burden and the weight of an outcast whose simply just trying to make it through a hectic world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back