Other Some Questions About College

For example, a lot of people like philosophy and learning about other cultures, but don't have a clear idea of how to approach concepts with the necessary rigor/seriousness to develop a proper conceptual framework.
That's me right there, all right. I like philosophy but I suck at it. I suck at everything... Except sometimes.

Taking formal courses in art might give you the structure and rigor to approach it better when you're on your own. It might give you more insight into the history of art and how those styles have changed over the years. It might give you better insight and direction in your creative endeavors.
Yea. That's quite logical, I guess.

Also, assuming that I got a scholarship, is it only for the first year or for the whole thing?

That's me right there, all right. I like philosophy but I suck at it. I suck at everything... Except sometimes.
Honestly, the first step at not sucking at anything is sucking and doing it until you suck less... philosophy and art included. I started off thinking I was hot shot, but honestly, until I engaged in it for a few courses, I didn't have any idea how much depth I was lacking. Take classes and engage with your professors. Read the assignments, and if you are having trouble, skim it once and re-read it. Take it slow if you have to. Professors or other students can help you understand. Also, some philosophers suck at writing and aren't very clear... others are as clear as Einstein when explaining certain things. Sometimes, it's not you being dumb for not understanding, sometimes smart people are shit when it comes to explaining things. Philosophers are people... they vary.

Yea. That's quite logical, I guess.

Also, assuming that I got a scholarship, is it only for the first year or for the whole thing?
That's something you might want to discuss with your program advisor, or any school counselor. These things vary from college to college.

Last edited:
idk if anyone suggested this, but if you want to major in something that will lead to a stable job in the future but don't want to give up art, why don't you try a liberal arts college?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back