Story Some of my writing

Hey so here's something I wrote a couple months ago. It's not amazing and I know I need improving but I'd like to share it nonetheless:

The winter breeze numbs my red fingers, each breath fresh and chill. It’s dark. The stars are beginning to shine against the pitch sky but are faint due to the pale light emitted from street lamps placed along my path. The air is filled with the serenity of night, my heart beating steadily as I lean over the bridge, staring down into the river below. The moonlight glistens along the water, pearls of light rippling along the surface. There’s no one around apart from me, the road behind me empty of cars, the benches beside the river lonely. With my eyes shut, I breathe in, allowing the cool air to fill my lungs, my mind at ease. It is only at those moments, at those times that I feel like I’m truly alone. My thoughts are at rest, my heart gently aching with contentment. However, although the moment belongs to me, alongside contentment lingers loneliness. You’re not here with me but one day, we'll make this moment our own little corner of the universe and perhaps I won’t be as alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back