Advice/Help Some Advice concerning an Academy Roleplay

That'd be great! Honestly, the ones I'm struggling with are the arts-based classes such as Choir, Band, and Theater(which, when combined can be really good for school events and making them electives means that the RPers have more opportunities to pitch their own ideas between each other)

Oh okay, How are you describing the other ones?

Just so I have a guide as to how to word them and such :3

Battle Team: A class that is meant to assist those interested in battling by helping them refine their form. Hosts regularly miniature tournaments between members. Meets on Wednesdays from 3:00PM-6:00 PM and on Saturdays from 12:00 PM-3:00 PM. Please wear appropriate clothing for the activities. A waiver will be provided ahead of time. You WILL get hurt in this class as it IS a battling class.

It was either this or the Outdoors Class. I wanted to do the latter, but this one actually has a schedule so...

Choir: An elective meant for those finely tuned but not instrument proficient. It's the magical place where all the different voices come together into a lovely performance that will wow the entire school and even the neighbourhood during our facility events. And all you have to do to achieve that, is sing with passion.

Band: Those instrument proficient can try out this elective. Come together in an exciting band practice, as you all play your beloved instruments in harmony and come up with an awesome and energetic performance that will put even the choir group in awe! Who knows? Maybe if you all desire, you could go pro in the future...

Theater: Be it to put your manipulative talents to good use, or to escape to an interactive alternative world, this elective is surely a very interesting experience for all to enjoy! Maybe your talent it's not acting, but costume making, or even makeup! Worry not, for there is certainly space for you to develop and have fun doing what you love most.
Learn a lot about team work when you're planning a play together, and even more about organization when you separate the tasks amongst yourselves. Then dwell in the reward that is to have a full auditorium applaud all your combined efforts after an unforgettable show!

...I may have taken these a bit too far XD
Hope these help! OWO7

These are amazing descriptions! You put amazing amounts of detail into it! And hey, what you call overdoing it, I call giving it your all.

These are amazing descriptions! You put amazing amounts of detail into it!
Aww, shucks! You flatter me >//////<

Haha! I'm glad you like these!
Maybe Band needs a little bit more, like mention on the fact you can LITERALLY pick up any genre for the band or something...

But yeah, I think these really transcript what it IS to be on these groups XD Granted, that I only had choir in my life and everything else comes from movies and such >w<

Have fun with those, glad to help OWO7

To be completely honest, it's downright inspiring to receive so much great advice and help concerning this Roleplay. Heh. I'm gonna have to make a credits Tab for all the help I've received.

Okay, so...last issue. How should time pass in the RP? I mean obviously it has to pass fairly regularly so that the electives come to pass and so events can be scheduled.

Okay, so...last issue. How should time pass in the RP? I mean obviously it has to pass fairly regularly so that the electives come to pass and so events can be scheduled.

Well for me I usually set up with a loose schedule before I start the roleplay. If we're going with the main focus of the roleplay being classes ( just as an example ) I would say to my players

- You have one week in which to post for this class. At XX time one YY day the scene will move forward to the next day of class ( or whatever event is meant to follow the current one ).

Now if you notice that your players tend to post faster - like several posts in a day - you can move that timeline up.

So instead maybe you spend like three or four days on one class before moving onto the next.

If you notice your players tend to post slower - maybe one post a week - then make that timeline slower.

Now that's obviously the OOC method of getting your players to move things forward.

As to actual scenes - I tend to just have a set idea in mind of how much time passes between each scene. This is entirely dependent on what you want people to focus on. If it's just the classes and the activities around them then you keep the scenes moving between them.

Example - Scene A : the first day of classes, everyone is introduced to one another and what the class entails.
Scene B : the second day of class, people are either given a specific task to do or expanding on the first day.

But basically think of it like fading to black - one scene ends and when the next one begins time has passed. You can show this by either starting the next scene yourself with an estabilishing post - telling how much time has passed and setting up what the characters are reacting to.

Or you can have your players do it by just telling them - New Scene is the Next Day - and letting them choose what's going on.

Well...I'm aiming for a mix of sorts. I want there to be RP outside of classes, but also RP for the classes that make for actually interesting RP.

Well...I'm aiming for a mix of sorts. I want there to be RP outside of classes, but also RP for the classes that make for actually interesting RP.

Yeah the above examples are for any kind of scenes I just used classes as an example. Basically all you need to do is

A. Start out with a set schedule for how long each scene will last.
  • Ex. You have one week to post for the current scene before time will move on.
B. Have an idea of how you want the story to progress. Whether you want to start each new scene yourself or just inform your players that a set amounts not of time has passed and let them decide what to do themselves.

For instance I was in a roleplay once that was a slice of life in a magical village. Every week ( on Sunday ) the GM would tell us that the current scene was done and on Monday the roleplay would be moved forward to the next day. And it was basically up to us as the players to decide what our characters were doing. But that didn't really have a set plot.

In a school roleplay I was in they would have like mini missions ( the classes where things like training to use special abilities, so it was like one class was finding hidden bombs, another scene was a powered version of capture the flag )

Each mission lasted a week. At the end of the time the GM would move the roleplay forward themselves either to downtime ( in the dorms ) or the next mission.

But I don't know enough about your roleplay to say which version you should use. But basically the idea is have a clear vision for how long each scene lasts and be willing to keep your players moving forward

Last edited:
Well, it's all in BBCode so it's compact and all. I mean I'll probably revamp the schedule a bit, but other than that, I'd like to run the final product past you guys.

Go for it. I might not respond right away ( gettin' kind of busy at work ) but I'll give ya my thoughts as soon as I can.

• Summary

Many years ago, a tragic event struck the planet, wiping out the human race. It is not known for sure what killed them off, but its catastrophic effects did not seem to affect the Pokemon of the world. It also left many of the structures intact and much data was left over. Pokemon, creatures already capable of extremely fast evolution, evolved slowly to use the technology left over by their precursors, who'd already exposed them to so many ideas and concepts, and many became bipedal and gained more nimble fingers to replace their foreleg paws. Slowly but surely, their society evolved to match the human societies from so long ago, with schools, governments, and more active religions in regards to the Legendary Pokemon. To this day, battling still holds as a worldwide sport, though no longer done by trainers, but by individuals, who pit themselves against other opponents. Contests are simply replaced by performers and entertainers. Still more research the world around them, using their abilities as Pokemon to find secrets that no human could've ever learned or teaching the next generation. One such Pokemon, known as Adagnitio the Noctowl, decided that he had taken his Archaeological career as far as it could go and decided to use the wealth he had accumulated through hard work and dedication to found the Miraculum Academy, an institution dedicated to higher education and educating the bright young minds of today to make a difference in the future, whether that be in the performing arts, a career in science, or any other job one wanted to pursue. You have been allowed to enter this prestigious school, not for your wealth, but your dedication to better yourself for Adagnitio did not believe that wealth should be a factor in one's education. Welcome...to Miraculum Academy, student! I hope your stay is a long and happy one!

Here it is. Hope I did well.

Last edited:
Ohhhhhh I love it!
It's so interesting I'm actually tempted to join now... The only thing holding me back is the fact I might not know enough about Pokémon XD

You did great! OWOb

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Anything you don't know, I'd be glad to help ya with! I'd be thrilled to have ya along!
Heh, if you're really willing to have me constantly ask questions then~ XD Because my Pokémon knowledge it's Gen 1 and then a bit of here and there, which come from the TV series I used to watch in my childhood and a couple of the movies >w< (But never watched the series in full) Anyway, it's pretty spread out >o<

I'll probably do side research as always, but a fan def explains better than wiki articles, can attest to that!

Well, let me go respond to the actual interest check now and stop spamming this thread OWO7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back